Home

Scarface, A mobster film?

Posted By: Luciano Fanucci

Scarface, A mobster film? - 03/03/06 11:25 PM

I just seen Scarface for the first time today, and quite frankly, I cant see how it can be considered a "mobster movie". It isnt in any way related to The Sicilian or American Mafia, it is more involved with Cubano`s and Columbians.
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: Scarface, A mobster film? - 03/03/06 11:43 PM

watch the original movie the 1930's scarface the 1980's one was a remake.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Scarface, A mobster film? - 03/04/06 02:21 AM

Tony Montana was a mobster.

Now it isn't considered a "mafia" movie, if that's what you're getting at.
Posted By: Dominic Corleone

Re: Scarface, A mobster film? - 03/04/06 03:41 PM

Big Louis Costillo, last of the old-style gang leaders is slain, and his former bodyguard Tony Camonte is taken into custody. Since Costillo's body has never been found, the police have to release him, though they strongly suspect Johnny Loro paid Tony to remove Big Louis. Tony begins taking over the rackets in town with violent enforcement, and he becomes a threat to Johnny and the other bosses unless they work for Tony. Meanwhile, Tony's sister wants to be more independent, but finds it difficult to escape from her brother's overprotective grasp. The dissatisfaction of the other bosses and the relentless pursuit of the police push Tony towards a major confrontation.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Scarface, A mobster film? - 03/04/06 09:10 PM

Mobsters don't have to belong to the Mafia by definition!
Any hoodlum can be classed as a mobster.
Posted By: LaFamiglia

Re: Scarface, A mobster film? - 03/21/06 01:27 AM

I never understood how they compared Scarface to the mafia movies. Maybe because Al Pacino's in it, but I don't see anything at all. Scarface is about a cokehead that brings himself to dirty success, while The Godfather is about a family and it's mafia business. I enjoyed both movies, except for the way Tony Montana is an idiot throughout the whole film. While Don Corleone is a smart man that knows how to run his business and take care of his family, friends, and associates.
Posted By: anthony lee

Re: Scarface, A mobster film? - 04/14/06 11:49 PM

i wuldnt say tony montana is an idiot i think hes jus a very angry person lol wit some serious issues ,as some parts in the film tony is very smart and gets the best bargain he can and even the way he found out frank tried to kill him was smart i think its a great film
Posted By: Ayperi

Re: Scarface, A mobster film? - 06/10/06 05:32 PM

Didn't Howard Hughes write the original Scarface? I never seen it but always wanted to, it's about Al Capone isn't it?
Posted By: donplugconnected

Re: Scarface, A mobster film? - 09/09/15 07:42 PM

I never really viewed scarface(strictly drug dealers) as mobsters. always considered them gangsters cause they'd seem to kill anyone anytime anywhere. but it is organized crime so it should always be in the same section as crime and drama genre's.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET