Home

The original Scarface movie

Posted By: markg

The original Scarface movie - 01/07/13 07:30 PM

I take it some people here know the original Scarface movie was made way back in 1932. Paul Muni played the main character. He said something to the effect " If you wanna be the boss you gotta kill,and you gotta keep killin". I may not have that exactly to the word. Actually, Nicky Scarfo said that to his Underboss Phil Leonetti, in the 80's.

It's been a lot of years since I saw the movie in the 70's, but I think it's on Youtube. I'll have to check on that.

Paul Muni played a great mafia thug and boss.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: The original Scarface movie - 01/07/13 08:00 PM

Yeah its cited in Mafia Prince and a few at least one interview/docu with Leonetti in which he brings that up..Scarfo ruined alotta good illegall or legal for good people and bad people..he should have been taken out we would still have a Viable Family ...
Posted By: Radiorich

Re: The original Scarface movie - 01/10/13 09:00 AM

Hello mark ,
I did not No about the first movie my self I like good fellows also
Posted By: ChiSox74

Re: The original Scarface movie - 02/05/14 06:58 PM

I may be the only person in the world who likes the original Scarface better.

I have Cuban heritage so I feel I should like the remake better, but the earlier one is less corny and its set in Chicago so it just overides the remake for me
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: The original Scarface movie - 01/21/15 03:30 PM

The name of the original character, Rico, is said by some to be the source of the same name for the federal racketeering statute.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: The original Scarface movie - 02/22/15 02:10 AM

Rico isnt the name of the character in the original Scarface. Rico Bandello is the name of Edward G. Robinsons character in "Little Caesar" which was loosely based on the rise of Al Capone. And its that movie that Blakey got the name "Rico".
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: The original Scarface movie - 03/01/15 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Rico isnt the name of the character in the original Scarface. Rico Bandello is the name of Edward G. Robinsons character in "Little Caesar" which was loosely based on the rise of Al Capone. And its that movie that Blakey got the name "Rico".

thanks for the correction.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET