Home

Have you seen the 1937 verson of scarface?

Posted By: TheSicilian123

Have you seen the 1937 verson of scarface? - 03/07/05 12:56 AM

I was looking threw some dvds at some crappy store and i saw on the side of one SCARFACE, and i knew that wasnt the Al Pacino scarface. So i picked it up and looked it over. i bought it. The story wasnt bad but it was in black and white, and there was no blood which was kind of funny in a way. But the Tony in this movie just killed everyone and didn't give a crap and there was many was the same as Capone, for one the name (Capone was given the name Scarface after a night club insadent.) and something like the Saint Valentines Massicer
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Have you seen the 1937 verson of scarface? - 03/07/05 12:58 AM

Check out the Real Life Organized Crime Thread and you will find many topics covering Al Capone.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: NYC Goodfella

Re: Have you seen the 1937 verson of scarface? - 03/07/05 08:36 PM

Its funny you should mention the 1937 version of Scarface. I had recently been flicking through channels and come across it.At first it boggled me because it was in black and white but had the same title.

NYC Goodfella cool
Posted By: SC

Re: Have you seen the 1937 verson of scarface? - 03/07/05 08:51 PM

Any relation to the 1932 version?

I bought it on DVD a few weeks ago. Its dated by today's standards but its definitely worth watching. Paul Muni was such a great actor!
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Have you seen the 1937 verson of scarface? - 03/11/05 02:43 AM

Yes SC, I thought there were only 2 versions, but now there appears to be 3 lol I think the 32 version was up there with the Warners gangster classics.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Have you seen the 1937 verson of scarface? - 03/30/05 08:26 PM

I have the Paul Muni version on video & it is excellent! I love all those old black & white gangster flicks..
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Have you seen the 1937 verson of scarface? - 04/01/05 04:20 PM

we seen the 1937 verson in school me teaher said
he was bring in scarface so all of us got real
happy but then he pop in the black and white
verson. I love it and it was the frist black in
white movie i enjoyed next to kingkong.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET