Home

Why didn't they kill Ernie?

Posted By: Don Cardi

Why didn't they kill Ernie? - 11/12/04 02:04 AM

When Tony and Manolo confronted Lopez and Bernstein and killed them, why do you think that they let Ernie live and gave him a job?

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Why didn't they kill Ernie? - 11/12/04 02:36 AM

Ernie was collateral. Bernstein and Frank were the enemies.
Posted By: babysinister

Re: Why didn't they kill Ernie? - 11/12/04 02:40 AM

They probably felt that Ernie was just another employee of Frank, just like they had been until Tony had Manny shoot him. The scene shows the childlike unpredictability of criminals like Tony and Manny. After a tense, angry killing, they're friendly and chummy again, almost human. They're living on a different level of reality and don't know it. Ernie does, however, that's why he nervously took that swig of whisky after the tingly moment had passed. Good final touch by scriptwriter Stone in that sequence.
Posted By: Intenzo

Re: Why didn't they kill Ernie? - 11/12/04 01:48 PM

I feel that there was no need to kill him once he said yes to the job if he would have said no they would have killed him
Posted By: donplugconnected

Re: Why didn't they kill Ernie? - 09/20/15 07:42 PM

i thought he was the body guard. so why kill someone trying to make a rise just like you are?
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: Why didn't they kill Ernie? - 10/25/15 08:04 AM

There's was a job opening smile
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Why didn't they kill Ernie? - 10/25/15 03:20 PM

Always wondered that myself. He should have been killed just for witnessing Tony and Manolo shooting and killing the cop and Frank.
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Why didn't they kill Ernie? - 07/26/16 09:03 PM

The real question u should be asking is WHY did they employ such a useless bodyguard if we could even call him that... He was more like the chaperone

Well he came in handy for things like helping Tony out of the restaurant in a cocaine induced/ drunk state and grabbing Gina into the car
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Why didn't they kill Ernie? - 09/08/20 08:51 AM

Agree, Ernie was a driver and not muscle, so there was no threat there. They just offered him a job. As far as killing him if he refused, I dont think so.
Posted By: MrNiceGuy

Re: Why didn't they kill Ernie? - 06/23/23 10:18 PM

Ernie was proven and good help is hard to find.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET