Home

Scarface is not a "gangster flick"

Posted By: jackson81

Scarface is not a "gangster flick" - 10/07/04 01:47 AM

I've seen a lot of people post about Scarface being a good "gangster" or even wronger (is that a word?)"mafia" movie. He is nothing but a refugee Cuban drug dealer that let his ego take over. There is no Family, there is no "rules", there is no honor. It's just a pet peeve of mine when people talk about being the greatest "gangster flick" ever.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Scarface is not a "gangster flick" - 10/07/04 01:49 AM

Gangster film? Yes.

Mafia film? No.

Cartel? Yes.
Posted By: scarfacefan

Re: Scarface is not a "gangster flick" - 10/07/04 02:24 AM

Your right
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Scarface is not a "gangster flick" - 10/07/04 10:29 AM

Yeah Vercetti's right here. Whilst Tony or the guys he was associatted with weren't mafia members or wiseguys he still technically is a gangster. The word itself has wide implications from just being part of a gang to being a member of orginized crime.

But yes it winds me up too when people think of it as a Mafia movie.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Scarface is not a "gangster flick" - 10/07/04 02:32 PM

Scarface is a gangsta film. Tony Montana isn't organized. He was a gangsta. Plain and simple. -Pat
Posted By: da_bad_guy

Re: Scarface is not a "gangster flick" - 10/08/04 03:52 PM

Pat- can you please change your avatar, beacuse it doesn't seem right when you say things like 'gangsta' and have a 2pac rhyme in your signature because i always think of the geeky looking guy with the 'tache saying these things.
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Scarface is not a "gangster flick" - 10/08/04 07:12 PM

Originally posted by da_bad_guy:
Pat- can you please change your avatar, beacuse it doesn't seem right when you say things like 'gangsta' and have a 2pac rhyme in your signature because i always think of the geeky looking guy with the 'tache saying these things.
lol lol lol lol
Posted By: scarfacelondon

Re: Scarface is not a "gangster flick" - 10/19/04 05:23 PM

You got it all wrong mate, he was not just a refugee Cuban drug dealer, he was a person with passion and a dream and he did not let his ego take over, he worked hard for it.

There is a family, the film does shows the effect of drugs/crime has on the family, the biggest rule is not to f**k with other sisters.

Eventhough he was a fictional character he died long time ago and we are still talking about him, it's honour or what.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET