Home

why did Mel approach Tony?

Posted By: getthesenets

why did Mel approach Tony? - 07/16/10 06:43 PM

Watched Scarface again ..for the 25th time at least...

if the hit was already planned on Tony at that time at that place....Why did Mel try to extort Tony for future money?

He approached Tony in the exact same place where he would be "hit" minutes or hours later...

Is this is a goof by the writers?

Later, when Tony confronts his boss...Mel speaks about telling Frank that the hit was a bad idea.

Was he saying that he wasn't aware of the hit but that he was just leaning on Tony to do it? Surely it was Frank who pointed Mel in Tony's direction, even telling him about the Rebenga hit.

Was he trying to disorient Tony in the club so he wouldn't see the hit?

So long Mel..........

Re: why did Mel approach Tony? - 07/19/10 08:12 PM

ok....

could it be that the hit hadn't been ordered just yet....but after sitting with Mel......Tony PUBLICLY disrespects Frank in the club, at which point Frank feels he has no other option but to order a hit.

that's the only way it makes sense....
Posted By: NINOFUKNGAGGI

Re: why did Mel approach Tony? - 07/25/10 05:50 AM

tell your friends in miami it will be my pleasure i kill a communist for free for a green card ill carve him up real nice
Posted By: Tru_Bizelli

Re: why did Mel approach Tony? - 07/26/10 05:16 AM

That's a nice line in the movie, but I don't see what that's got to do with when Tony and Frank get hooked up. Maybe I'm not too familiar with the movie, but isn't Frank the supposed to be boss? I say "supposed to be" because he really doesn't fit the part.

Re: why did Mel approach Tony? - 07/26/10 11:45 PM

After the boss is disposed of and Tony is talking to Mel...

Mel actually says "he was hot...over the broad"...indicating that the altercation between Frank and Tony over Elvira is what directly led to the hit.

Never paid attention to Mel's lines in that scene but his words solved the puzzle.

Mel "I told him it made no sense since you were working for us"...Mel ever the practical guy, thought about all the moneh he'd be missing out on once Tony was hit..so he thought the hit was a bad idea..and later.....refused to give Frank any help.
Posted By: Ponder

Re: why did Mel approach Tony? - 11/13/10 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Watched Scarface again ..for the 25th time at least...

if the hit was already planned on Tony at that time at that place....Why did Mel try to extort Tony for future money?

He approached Tony in the exact same place where he would be "hit" minutes or hours later...

Is this is a goof by the writers?

Later, when Tony confronts his boss...Mel speaks about telling Frank that the hit was a bad idea.

Was he saying that he wasn't aware of the hit but that he was just leaning on Tony to do it? Surely it was Frank who pointed Mel in Tony's direction, even telling him about the Rebenga hit.

Was he trying to disorient Tony in the club so he wouldn't see the hit?

So long Mel..........

This is a story structure thing. The scene is input because certain confrontations are needed before the Near Death Experience. Google "510 stage hero's journey" and you'll find the story structure that explains it all.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: why did Mel approach Tony? - 01/15/11 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
After the boss is disposed of and Tony is talking to Mel...

Mel actually says "he was hot...over the broad"...indicating that the altercation between Frank and Tony over Elvira is what directly led to the hit.

Never paid attention to Mel's lines in that scene but his words solved the puzzle.

Mel "I told him it made no sense since you were working for us"...Mel ever the practical guy, thought about all the moneh he'd be missing out on once Tony was hit..so he thought the hit was a bad idea..and later.....refused to give Frank any help.

I dont think that Mel thought it was a bad idea. However, since Tony survived the hit and took out the boss(Frank) Mel didn't have any option left so he told Tony what he thought he would want to hear to save his own skin.
Posted By: vitelli

Re: why did Mel approach Tony? - 02/16/11 06:03 AM

that is exactly the way I see it too
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET