Home

Blue-Ray Scarface?

Posted By: babysinister

Blue-Ray Scarface? - 04/01/10 12:42 AM

I've considered getting on the pre-order waiting list to be notified by Amazon when (and if) this movie comes out in BD format. Overkill? Yeah, considering the difficulties Universal has had even in managing a decent DVD transfer. It probably will look even worse in Blue-Ray than the Godfather I's noisy, artefact-ridden Blue Ray edition. Are they even considering doing this at this point?
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Blue-Ray Scarface? - 04/01/10 04:35 AM

I don't know about Scarface Blu-Ray (check spelling ;)) ... I, personally, don't see any rhyme or reason to repurchase something that will and cannot look significantly improved (that is, movies from the 00's and before, including the 80s, that weren't shot in hi-def) unless they were painstakingly remastered. It may happen, and I hope it does, but until then, I'm not buying it. I already have a half-dozen different copies of the movie! lol

But if it comes out, of course I'll have to buy it to be complete. ohwell
Posted By: babysinister

Re: Blue-Ray Scarface? - 04/02/10 01:03 PM

Thanks Geoff. Very good point. But I was amazed at the fine quality of my two James Bond Blue-Rays: From Russia with Love and Goldfinger. Awesomely remastered - and both these films are from the sixties of course. And of course, they're not Universal videos, they're WB, which I've always noted have some good remasterings. So yes, a Scarface BD is out.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET