Home

Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana

Posted By: xNamexTakenx

Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 09/26/07 12:32 AM

This topic is about Al Pacino. Which character of his did you like better: Michael Corleone or Tony Montana? Or did you like him better in another movie? I personally think I liked Tony Montana better. He was a tough guy, indeed. Mike was a good Godfather and everything but I liked Vito Corleone better.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 09/26/07 09:15 AM

I liked Arthur Kirkland. Steve Berns was good but Frank Keller was a better detective.
Posted By: chopper

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 09/26/07 09:19 AM

id have to go with

I'm Tony Montana! You f**k with me, you f****n' with the best!
Posted By: Zaf-the-don

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 09/26/07 08:01 PM

I'm going with Micheal Corleone, Just because he could easily out smart Tony and most of the people Als played in his career.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 10/22/07 03:19 PM

Michael had the brains and the cool cunning!
Tony had the brawn and the balls!

Zaf is right,Michael would have outsmarted Tony easily.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 10/22/07 07:52 PM

I think the undercover, leather bound, maybe gay cop from CRUISING kicks all their asses.
Posted By: whisper

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 10/23/07 03:42 PM

If it came down to a war,Michael would succeed.BUT,Tony wouldn't do as bad against Mike as most people would think.Tony had more security and more "Balls".
Posted By: mercop

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 02/26/08 12:28 PM

Michael Corleone
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 02/27/08 07:30 AM

Corleone wins, but not after Tony lays waste to a considerable damage of the "Olive Oil Business."
Posted By: JCazale99

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 03/16/08 08:00 PM

Micheal Corleone. He'd have Montana taken care of before Montana even knew what was happening.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 03/25/08 10:50 PM

Michael Corleone was a more subtle, multi-faceted, interesting character than Tony Montana. Scarface was not meant to be The Godfather and The Godfather was not meant to be Scarface.
Posted By: Don_Staltavano

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 03/27/08 08:31 PM

Michael all the way because of the fact that he was cool collective and tony was just a angry man all the way around
Posted By: Don_Gordhi

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 03/28/08 04:53 PM

off course michael...he is more gentle and he shows the real ethics of mafia...
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 03/31/08 11:48 PM

How about Deanna Corleone vs. Elvira Montana?

Or Gina Montana vs. Connie Corleone?
Posted By: don_montana

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 08/05/08 08:50 AM

michael corleone by far
Posted By: gangsterlover78

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 08/05/08 09:26 AM

Both good, for different reasons..
Posted By: svsg

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 08/05/08 09:04 PM

Tony Montana of course.
Posted By: Ludovico

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 09/12/08 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Don_Gordhi
off course michael...he is more gentle and he shows the real ethics of mafia...

The mafia has ethics? It's a criminal organization, since when do criminals have ethics?

Anyways, If we're gonna talk about the characters themselves I think I'd prefer Tony. He's not as dellusional, he knows he's a gangster and embraces it, Micheal keeps trying to go legit, keeps denying what he does. The corleone family will be completley legitmamite in however many years? What crap.

BUT

If we talk about Al Pacino's acting ability and which one he portrayed better I'd still say Montana. Why? Because Al Pacino had me completley convinced that he was some cuban drug lord... PAcino is like...so white it's unbelivable I think there are other actors who could've pulled off Micheal, but not Tony. That was a good performance. And then Carlito's Way, you'd think this guy can change skin color I had no idea it was Pacino in either movie until I saw his name in credits (ok I suppose I could've looked at the box but it was my friend's movie, w/e).
Posted By: MichaelCorleone1234

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 01/07/09 02:54 PM

I think Michael Corleone was the more ruthless of the two, shown when he killed his own brother where as Montana didn't kill the family in the car.

I preferred Tony Montana at first for his blunt approach but having seen Godfather more than once I've begun to like Michael Corleone more for his cunning approach.

I was surprised to see that Al Pacino didn't get Oscars for, arguably, three (GF1,2 and Scarface) of the greatest films ever made. He was unbelievable in the films and there isn't anyone who could have matched his performances.
Posted By: Alive4Kill

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 05/19/09 07:13 PM

I think Michael Corleone is way better than Montana. Michael lead the family with logic. If there was a war between them Montana couldn't stand a chance against Michael.
Posted By: Don Dallal

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 07/23/09 12:23 AM

Al Pacino = Michael Corleone

Al is the Don forever ,, i think he was great as Tony ,, but for me,,, Michael Corleone in The Godfather Triology is over the top
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 09/09/09 11:14 AM

Corleone > Montana (who is still 20 times better than most)
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 09/11/09 04:44 PM

Imagine Montana, Corleone, Brigante, and Slade all in a big Pacino orgy. Every once in a while, they take a breather to do long lines off the coffee table, screaming, "Hoo, haa" and, "Say hello to my little friend!" The smell of elbow grease, sweat, and Jack Daniels would permeate throughout the Pacino mansion, awaiting the arrival for Bickle, Johnny Boy, young Vito Corleone, and Vronsky to join in on the festivities!
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 09/12/09 10:54 AM

ROFLMAO
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 05/12/11 01:41 AM

Michael Corleone would "make Tony Montana shit in the middle of Times Square". lol
Posted By: Frosty

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 12/05/11 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Michael Corleone would "make Tony Montana shit in the middle of Times Square". lol
lol I agree .
Posted By: mechanic

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 02/10/12 11:08 PM

... good question!

... what i like about tony montana is that he's like a coarser version of michael corleone -- and he actually speaks! michael corleone is a man of few words, but oliver stone wrote some great stuff for tony montana to say ...

... both great, iconic characters ...
Posted By: JackV

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 02/17/12 12:59 AM

Michael, he was smart and calm, but irritated me with his stone cold heart. The way he started treating Tom towards the end of Godfather 2, that kind of heartlessness.
I liked Tony a lot, he had balls, a godly sense of humour and was also had a heart, though the coke and power fucked him up.

Realistically Michael would easily live longer than Tony. But in terms of who I'm more fond of it gotta be Tony.
Posted By: black_velvet

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 02/25/12 02:09 AM

Both are excellent characters.. but Michael would wipe the floor with Tony. If Tony sometimes acts like a demon out of control, Michael is the devil himself.
Posted By: Crazy_Joe_Gallo

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 05/09/12 06:04 PM

Michael is basically a Sosa--A kingpin. Michael is the kind of guy who guys like Montana work for. In Michael's case he wouldn't even deal with a pazzo like Montana directly. There'd be plenty of buffas between the two.
Posted By: Dandi

Re: Michael Corleone Vs. Tony Montana - 05/31/12 07:29 PM

It's difficult to find much to like about Tony Montana. In fact, it's not until, say, maybe the last hour of the film (thinking the car scene where he 'deals' with an assassin who is willing to wipe out a man AND his family) that he resembles the kind of character you could root for in some way. Montana, for the best part, is an animal. And I think the film suffers for it.

Carlito Brigante is more likeable than both of 'em though.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET