Home

"He was a Yankee..."

Posted By: Brwne Byte

"He was a Yankee..." - 12/28/06 03:25 AM

Everyone always talks about the Diaz Broth., or Tony's mom but what about Tony's dad? Tony said he was a yankee which means American,a white man. What do you think he looked like? His last name probably wasn't Montana, so what do you think it was? Was he a sailor? What state did he hail from? Why do you think he left Momma and the children? Just always thought this would been an interesting subject.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 12/28/06 06:17 AM

I'm not sure, but he coulda been one of these guys....
Posted By: SC

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 12/28/06 08:47 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I'm not sure, but he coulda been one of these guys....

With all the "F" bombs in the movie his father had to be Bucky Fuckin' Dent.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 12/28/06 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Brwne Byte
... what about Tony's dad? Tony said he was a yankee which means American,a white man. What do you think he looked like? His last name probably wasn't Montana, so what do you think it was? Was he a sailor? What state did he hail from? Why do you think he left Momma and the children? Just always thought this would been an interesting subject.

Tony's father was NOT an American Yankee. His father was a Cuban who died fighting in the revolution. Tony grew up without a father. Tony just said that hoping that the authorities would believe that he was part American, but it was not true.

Don Cardi

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 12/28/06 11:15 PM

I read about the book,and it said something about his father being american. So, it confuses me.

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 01/03/07 02:20 AM

I believe that the book tells us that Tony's father was a Cuban rebel who died while fighting in the revolution. I do not recall anything being said about him being an American in the book.

Don Cardi

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 01/03/07 05:06 AM

Rats. It would have been so much cooler if he was a yankee!
Posted By: Frank Pentangely

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 01/16/07 12:07 AM

WHen I pictured him I pictured him as a loving husband with his family in a nice vaction in Cuba who got have Tony's Mamma as his parakeet, and then dabbadoodibbadaa... Left with his nice yankee perfect family. Get it?

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 01/16/07 02:16 AM

Now to me, that sounds much cooler!
Posted By: Frank Pentangely

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 01/16/07 10:59 PM

I was having a "Moment of clarity". You can use it for your fan fiction, even "proffesional " writers like Mark Wintergarden go away from the pre written to exprience their own ideas
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 01/18/07 12:37 AM

Forget that book, Tony's dad is a Yankee.

I mean, I always assumed he was one of the many Americans, probably of professional occupation(business owner? US Government worker?) who had Tony's ma as a mistress, and had offspring come from that.

When the Revolution came in 1959, the rooster fled the henhouse.

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 01/18/07 06:45 PM

Yes, I believe that too. Besides,it's cooler. I can understand that maybe Tony would be mad at dad for leaving in the film he says, "forget papa, we never had one." Maybe to, Tony is obsessed with making it in America, because subconciosly, he wants to one up his dad?
Posted By: manicmontana

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 02/19/07 04:05 AM

tony was not half american ok...he was lying to the cops so he could get a working visa
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 02/19/07 05:21 AM

Originally Posted By: manicmontana
tony was not half american ok...he was lying to the cops so he could get a working visa

Maybe, but I think he's half-American. I mean, what kind of a Cuban has a last name like Montana? That's an American 'yankee' last name.

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 02/19/07 05:24 AM

hes last name was montana because oliver stone named him after joe montana hes favourite football star and he thought the last name sounded strong and could pass as spanish/cuban/etc

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 02/19/07 05:51 AM

Hey, the half american thing is just cool. That doesn't mean it's true, but if I were writing it, I'd make it that way!

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 02/19/07 05:56 AM

i dont reckon its cool at all...it soughta recks the whole coming from cuba being a political refugee...if his dad was a yankee..he would get an automatic visa...oh well agree to disagree
Posted By: fluentone

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 02/21/07 03:54 AM

I agree.It wouldent seem right ,Tony being an american .
Posted By: Darulerric

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 10/24/07 05:33 AM

of course you dont kno its true . That he was a yankee, as u kno his plan was to decieve the immigration officers. like manolo was supposed to say he was in a sanitary
Posted By: MafiosoTiger

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 01/20/08 06:35 PM

Tony also said his mother and sister were dead, so.... ;\)

Tony's dad being a rebel in the revolution makes a lot of sense, especially his line of "Forget papa, we never had one." We know how much Tony hates Castro, so if his dad was one of the people to help out Castro's rise to power, it kinda makes sense if Tony has a grudge against him.

Re: "He was a Yankee..." - 01/20/08 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
I believe that the book tells us that Tony's father was a Cuban rebel who died while fighting in the revolution. I do not recall anything being said about him being an American in the book.

Don Cardi

;\)
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET