Home

TV Shows Discussion

Posted By: Irishman12

TV Shows Discussion - 08/09/06 11:14 PM

I know as of late I have watched TV shows more than I normally do and that's because I'm off from school and I'm only working part-time. So I'm taking full advantage now. So far this summer I've seen:

-Buffy Season 1
-Buffy Season 2
-Deadwood Season 1
-Deadwood Season 2
-The Boondocks Season 1
-Zatoichi the TV series (currently watching)
-Party of Five Season 1 (currently watching)

So I've decided to make this thread for anyone who's seen any of these shows and wishes to discuss them or other shows. So I guess I'll start first.

Buffy Seasons 1 & 2 so far have been pretty stupid. I've been told that after Season 2 it gets better which is the only reason I've watching both seasons or I would have quit a long time ago. Towards the end of Season 2,the show started to get better.

Deadwood Season 1 was pretty good but I thought Season 2 was about as good as Season 4 of the Sopranos.

The Boondocks surprisingly was quite enjoyable and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

The biggest surprise has been Party of Five. I think I watched 1 or 2 episodes when they aired back in the late 1990s but never watched anymore from then on. I remember it being pretty good so I wanted to start from the beginning and thus far I haven't been disappointed.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/09/06 11:34 PM

The Wonder Years is coming back to TV, which I'm happy about, PAX or not.

No damn DVD because of the music licensing rights crap.
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/09/06 11:58 PM

Really?

That is incredibly exciting. I'll have to look up when that starts.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/10/06 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
No damn DVD because of the music licensing rights crap.
One day (hopefully) it'll happen. The same thing happened with Beverly Hills 90210, and that's getting released later this year on DVD. Don't know what the outcome of the music licensing rights was but evidently they worked it out.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/10/06 12:11 AM

Here's the article;

-----------------------------------------------------------
"Superman III" To Kick Off Schedule Saturday, July 1st

(West Palm Beach, FL – June 27, 2006) – ION Media Networks, Inc. (AMEX: ION) and Warner Bros. Domestic Cable Distribution announced today a comprehensive programming deal, providing ION with the rights to broadcast popular movies and classic television series from Warner Bros.' extensive library on its flagship i television network, reaching over 90 million homes.

"We are very pleased about this important programming alliance," said Brandon Burgess, CEO of ION Media Networks. "Given its depth as a content supplier, Warner Bros. is a natural fit for our network, as our current viewers look to us for classic, family-oriented TV fare. We hope to expand this relationship over time, tapping into Warner Bros.' diverse library to broaden our network’s content appeal and demographic positioning."

Under the deal, ION has acquired the broadcast rights to a number of Warner Bros.' most popular television series and movies. Series include classic shows such as "Welcome Back, Kotter," "Chico and the Man," "Scarecrow & Mrs. King," "Mama’s Family," "Alice" and "Wonder Woman," and more recent hits including "The Wonder Years," "Growing Pains," "Perfect Strangers" and "The Wayans Bros," among others.

The vast selection of movie titles available to ION includes Academy Award winners for Best Picture "Amadeus" and "One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest," and other hits, such as "All the President’s Men," "Police Academy 2", "Giant," "Oh God," "Rio Bravo," "Dead Ringers," "Dog Day Afternoon," "Rebel Without a Cause," "2001: A Space Odyssey," "Superman," "Network," "Shaft,"Victor/Victoria," "Empire of the Sun" and "Beetlejuice."

The stable of talent represented in the deal is truly stellar, and includes Johnny Depp, Robin Williams, Tom Hanks, Clint Eastwood, Nicole Kidman, Al Pacino, James Dean, Paul Newman, John Wayne, Harrison Ford, Jack Nicholson, Marlon Brando, Mel Gibson, Dustin Hoffman, Denzel Washington, Elijah Wood, Whoopi Goldberg, Charlton Heston, Meryl Streep, Steve Martin and of course, Bugs Bunny. Directors include master filmmakers such as Alfred Hitchcock, Oliver Stone, Sergio Leone, Blake Edwards, Steven Spielberg, Tim Burton and George Lucas.

"We're delighted to be in business with the new i network and are confident that they will reap the proven audience-building benefits of popular features and TV series to drive ratings, attract sponsors and build the network's brand," said Eric Frankel, President of Warner Bros. Domestic Cable Distribution. "With our robust library of titles and ION’s large network of TV stations, this is clearly a win-win situation for everyone involved."

Targeting its portfolio of content toward the i network’s current family-oriented television audiences, ION will kick off its Warner Bros. movie schedule with "Superman III" on Saturday, July 1st, coinciding with the weekend’s motion picture release of "Superman Returns."

ION will begin scheduling the Warner Bros. television product in August on i.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/11/06 03:16 AM

My daughter started watching 'Lost' in the SECOND season. I never watched it. So when the second season ended, my daughter asked me to buy her the FIRST season on DVD and I did. I wound up watching the complete first season with her and now I am hooked. The second season DVD set comes out in early September and I can't wait to watch it so I can catch up and begin watching the third season when it starts at the end of September.

It is one of those shows that just hooks you right in.

As I said, I have only seen the first season and have not seen the second season yet, so PLEASE, if anyone here has seen the second season, NO SPOILERS for me, PLEASE.

A really great show.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/11/06 03:21 AM

My entire family really likes Lost,I cant fucking stand it. Sorry, but it is pom-puss-ly vague, which is precisly why I hate poetry
Posted By: hova4ever9

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/11/06 03:24 AM

I always wanted to watch Lost but i can't start now I have to rent the seasons from blockbuster soon to catch up.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/11/06 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
My entire family really likes Lost,I cant fucking stand it. Sorry, but it is pom-puss-ly vague, which is precisly why I hate poetry
Your entitled to your own opinion of course.

But remember, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one! :p

Actually it's one of those shows that is very hard to figure out. I like movies and shows that are tough to figure out and wind up having a twist to the plot.

Don Cardi
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/11/06 03:39 AM

Entourage is the best show on television.
Posted By: hova4ever9

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/11/06 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
I think Sopranos is but my the next one is Entourage in my opinion

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/11/06 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
My daughter started watching 'Lost' in the SECOND season. I never watched it. So when the second season ended, my daughter asked me to buy her the FIRST season on DVD and I did. I wound up watching the complete first season with her and now I am hooked. The second season DVD set comes out in early September and I can't wait to watch it so I can catch up and begin watching the third season when it starts at the end of September.

As I said, I have only seen the first season and have not seen the second season yet, so PLEASE, if anyone here has seen the second season, NO SPOILERS for me, PLEASE.

A really great show.

Don Cardi
I've heard so many people say this and I was disappointed with Lost. I watched it over the Christmas holidays last year and I remember a period where I went a week or 2 between discs. It just didn't "hook" me as so many others have been. In fact, and I know this is hilarious before I even state it, but Season 1 of Desperate Housewives kept me hooked more.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/11/06 04:38 AM

Quote:
My top 3 in order are:

1) The Shield
2) The Sopranos
3) 24

I hate it because I only watch 24 on DVD so I'll have to wait until December to start Season 5. Plus, I was VERY happy to hear that The Shield has been picked up for another season (I believe this upcoming season was "supposed" to be it's last, but not now)
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/11/06 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
[quote]Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
[b] Entourage is the best show on television.
My top 3 in order are:

1) The Shield
2) The Sopranos
3) 24

I hate it because I only watch 24 on DVD so I'll have to wait until December to start Season 5. Plus, I was VERY happy to hear that The Shield has been picked up for another season (I believe this upcoming season was "supposed" to be it's last, but not now) [/b][/quote]Do you watch Entourage?

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/11/06 10:58 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I agree.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/11/06 03:49 PM

Quote:
Do you watch Entourage?
I've seen episodes prior to The Sopranos earlier this year but I haven't sat down and watched an entire season. It's on my list because from what I've seen so far, it is a good and pretty funny show
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/11/06 05:15 PM

Quote:
... I like movies and shows that are tough to figure out and wind up having a twist to the plot...
So do I, but there are too many plot twists and general insanities that are pulled for shock value, then abandoned once everyone is throughly confused. i.e. that polar bear :rolleyes:
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/11/06 05:30 PM

I agree. Fuck LOST.

JJ Abrahams is maybe among the most overrated producers/directors in either television or at the movies. How he expects to draw up LOST for 5 full seasons without losing his audience, hell if I know. It'll be like X-FILES, where after 8 years, people didn't give a fuck anymore about the "who", "what", and "why".
Posted By: Don Alessandrio

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/11/06 08:49 PM

Lost definitly lost me. I kept watching hoping somehting would materialize but it ended up just pissing me off.
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/12/06 03:19 AM

Quote:

A really great show.
Agree, I also love Lost.
This is one of those shows I can see right through, where I can actually see it's of rather poor quality.
But you know what, I don't give a damn, cause it entertains me, it keeps me hooked. So I love it.

The DVD of the second season comes out on the 5th of september.

Sometimes I wish I'd live in the USA rather than in Europe. Back here we are in the middle of the second season on TV. It stopped in may and won't start again until half september.
Then you guys already finished watching the DVD, which probably won't come out until X-mas in Europe.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/12/06 03:47 AM

Don't feel too bad Enzo, Europe sometimes gets better special edition DVDs than we do here in the US and earlier too. Just take a look at these James Bond Ultimate Edition DVDs that I won't see until probably early next year Not to mention A Fistful of Dollars and For A Few Dollars More special editions that the US is currently lacking.
Posted By: Neri

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/14/06 01:59 AM

You guys are really missing out if you dont watch The Wire. The third season was just released on DVD, so you have time to catch up before Season 4 begins in September. I love The Shield, but this is arguably a little better.

If youve never seen it, it differs from your normal cop show in that the bad guys are equally as complex as the good guys. You see things from their point of view, instead of just from the cops trying to catch them.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/19/06 05:13 AM

The Simpsons Season 8 (it just came out on Tuesday)
Posted By: XDCX

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/22/06 01:44 AM

My girlfriend (whom I have reconciled with) bought me Seasons 1-5 of The Sopranos for our anniversary. I was stoked because I've regrettably never watched The Sopranos (save an episode here and there when I was someplace with HBO).

I just finished watching the first season. This show is definitely as good as everyone says. I'm just about finished with Season 2.

My favorite character is a toss up between Paulie and Christopher Molitsanti. Tony Sirico and Michael Imperioli are just great. The whole cast is great...but those two are my favorites.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/22/06 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:

My favorite character is a toss up between Paulie and Christopher Molitsanti. Tony Sirico and Michael Imperioli are just great. The whole cast is great...but those two are my favorites.
Just wait for Season 3's episode, "Pine Barrens," you'll love it. One of my all-time favorites.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/22/06 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
[b]
Just wait for Season 3's episode, "Pine Barrens," you'll love it. One of my all-time favorites. [/b][/quote]Yeah thats a funny one,especilly when there fighting over the garnish

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/31/06 04:59 AM

-South Park (Season 8)
-Rome (Season 1)
Posted By: goombah

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/31/06 01:52 PM

The only show I watch with regularity is "The Office." Although if it starts getting sappy like the season two finale, I'm done with it.

Other than that, I only have tv time for sports or news.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/31/06 02:09 PM

There's not many show I watch regularly. I have always preferred (with some exceptions) drama to sitcoms though. Among the ones I watch are:

Law & Order (all three)
Cold Case
Criminal Minds
Smallville
Ghost Whisperer
Desperate Housewives

Comedies I watch, but not necessarily regularly:

According to Jim
King of Queens

There's a few more, but I can't think of them right now.

There's a new one that started last season about two brothers who are "ghostbusters" of sorts...can't think of that title right now, but I hope they don't cancel it, because I like it.

TIS

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/05/06 04:30 AM

-Oz (Season 1)

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/05/06 02:36 PM

The season premier of House is tonight at 8 p.m. on FOX, for anyone who's interested.

House is right up there with 24 (and more recently The Sopranos) as being my favorite show. Anyone who hasn't seen it...I HIGHLY recommend watching it.

This is the 3rd season. Seasons 1 & 2 are out on DVD right now. Check em out. You won't be disappointed.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/06/06 12:49 AM

Quote:
-Oz (Season 1)
While not the greatest season of OZ its certainly the most important. As someone who started from season 2, I never really knew how deep some of the rivalries and friendships ran.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/06/06 06:06 AM

You should check it out sometime. I just wanted to start from scratch since I FINALLY own all of the seasons because I picked up the last copy of Season 6 at my local Best Buy yesterday
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/06/06 06:31 AM

Quote:
The Simpsons Season 8 (it just came out on Tuesday)
Quote:
-South Park (Season 8)
-Rome (Season 1)
Quote:
-Oz (Season 1)
Nice "discussion" -- what do these posts even mean?? You like them, or...? :rolleyes:

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/06/06 08:15 AM

No, it means that's what show and season I'm currently watching

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/07/06 05:46 PM

Oz (Season 2)

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/14/06 08:24 AM

Oz (Season 3)
Posted By: Fame

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/18/06 02:09 AM

Irishman, did u like Rome?

--
--

Has anyone seen these 2 shows :

-Rescue Me
-E-ring

any good?
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/18/06 02:20 AM

I think "The Opposite" has become my current favorite Seinfeld episode.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/18/06 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fame:
Irishman, did u like Rome?
I've only seen the first 2 episodes thus far. I have disc 2 but I just have to find the time to watch it. From what I've seen though I have enjoyed it
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/18/06 11:42 AM

I flicked on the TV in bed the other night and saw that The Shield was on. I stopped watching during season three and never got back into it due to irregular airing times. It seems that the episode I caught was the season five finale. Jesus! What an episode! It makes me want to re-watch the other seasons now and catch up on what I've been missing.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/18/06 06:47 PM

You should Capo. It's my favorite show on TV (and that's including The Sopranos)

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/20/06 01:10 AM

Oz (Season 4)

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/20/06 02:33 AM

Although it hasn't debuted here yet tonight, did anyone watch "Smith" with Ray Liotta? I've been seeing the previews and it looks pretty good. Anyone watch it? If so, was it good? It's opposite one of my favorites Law & Order SVU, so I don't know which to watch.

TIS

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/20/06 02:38 AM

I've been kind of watching i on and off and from what I've seen it looks pretty good. I won't be able to watch it week in and week out but it wouldn't be a bad show to check out sometime.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/21/06 02:19 AM

Anyone here a Criss Angel: Mindfreak fan?

I've always been into magic and illusions...and this guy is by far the best I've seen. He's simply incredible.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 10/17/06 06:06 PM

Oz (Season 5)

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 10/18/06 01:07 PM

Anyone else watch "Jericho?" Not too bad so far. Also, although in the second seasons, I like Ghost Whisperer and Supernatural.

Oh, and Smith is cancelled already??? I haven't even had a chance to watch it, but the previews looked good. I hate it when "I" think a show is good and it's cancelled before it's even given a chance.

TIS

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 10/18/06 04:25 PM

TIS, where did you hear that Smith was cancelled? I watched only an episode or 2 but it was good from what I saw.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 10/18/06 07:53 PM

I can't remember where I heard it to tell you the truth, but I found this link. Only 3 episodes and they call it the worse new show of the season????

TIS

Quote:
TIS, where did you hear that Smith was cancelled? I watched only an episode or 2 but it was good from what I saw.
web page

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 10/30/06 05:45 AM

Oz (Season 6 - Final Season)

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 11/14/06 06:48 AM

Tales From the Crypt (Season 5)

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 12/03/06 01:56 AM

The Family Guy Volume 1 (Seasons 1 & 2)

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 12/14/06 06:34 AM

Buffy (Season 3)
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 12/15/06 07:56 AM

Anybody else like My Name is Earl? That's my favorite show right now.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 12/26/06 05:30 PM

24 (Season 5)

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 12/26/06 09:11 PM

I've started watching Extras. Definitely one of the funniest things I've watched. I love Ricky Gervais.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 12/26/06 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
I've started watching Extras. Definitely one of the funniest things I've watched. I love Ricky Gervais.

Still yet to see this show,how does it compare with The Office

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 12/28/06 01:34 PM

I've just watched the DVD of the entire first series of Extras (six episodes, and all the bonus featurettes).

A TV show by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant (of The Office), which concentrates on the supporting actor, specifically Andy Millman (Gervais) as he tries to get a line in a film...any film.

This is incredible. It shows an extension and leap forward from The Office. Self-reflexive, intertextual, deeply perceptive of people's relationships, and a clever deconstruction of the myths surrounding stardom...and possibly critique of the filmmaking business.

I cannot recommend it enough. I can't decide at the moment which of the two shows is better, but it confirms Gervais is not a one-trick pony; in fact he's a profoundly intelligent artist.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 01/06/07 12:42 AM

Wow, I never get tired of watching 24. I think since I have access to TiVo this year, I might ACTUALLY watch it on TV instead of waiting another 11 months for the DVD to come out. The tricky part is finding the time to watch it with school ending and everything that entails.

The Simpsons (Season 9)
Posted By: bogey

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 01/06/07 12:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Irishman12
The Simpsons (Season 9)

I bought that the other day.. pretty funny, I think. Not disappointed.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 01/06/07 12:59 AM

Anyone one here watch Rome on HBO?

I've been tinkering around with my OnDemand ever since we got digital cable, and I went under "Series" on HBO OnDemand. I was looking for episodes from season 6 for The Sopranos, but they'd already expired. I found Rome, and I'd heard of it, so I thought I'd check it out. All 12 or 13 episodes from season 1 were available, so I watched the pilot episode that day. Since then, I've been hooked. Great show, beautifully shot, and terrific characters.

And its bloody!

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 01/06/07 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: bogey
Originally Posted By: Irishman12
The Simpsons (Season 9)

I bought that the other day.. pretty funny, I think. Not disappointed.

I've seen most of these before on TV, but when I buy the DVD sets, I gotta watch them again (at least for one more time)

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 01/06/07 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: XDCX
Anyone one here watch Rome on HBO?

I've been tinkering around with my OnDemand ever since we got digital cable, and I went under "Series" on HBO OnDemand. I was looking for episodes from season 6 for The Sopranos, but they'd already expired. I found Rome, and I'd heard of it, so I thought I'd check it out. All 12 or 13 episodes from season 1 were available, so I watched the pilot episode that day. Since then, I've been hooked. Great show, beautifully shot, and terrific characters.

And its bloody!

I watched the first 2 episodes but couldn't find time to continue the series. I will sometime (maybe this summer) but what I saw I did enjoy
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 01/06/07 01:35 AM

Anyone here a fan of Without a Trace?? At Christmas-time, they had the first season on DVD for $9. For some stupid reason, I didn't buy it. Now it's $20.

I've been totally hooked on this show since day one. I think the cast is excellent, especially Anthony LaPaglia, the stories are compelling, and they have some of the best guest stars on TV.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 01/06/07 08:22 PM

Omar loves Without a Trace.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 01/17/07 09:21 AM

-24 (Season 6)
-Afro Samurai

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 01/22/07 03:07 AM

Rome: Season 1

Quite possibly the best new show I've watched. I was able to watch the entire first season on HBO OnDemand, and I loved it. Great cast of characters, terrific story, and beautiful settings.

Season 2 just began, and it just keeps getting better.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 03/09/07 04:04 AM

-South Park (Season 9)
-24 (Season 6)
-Desperate Housewives (Season 3)

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 03/09/07 07:38 AM

Does the word "Discussion" in the title of this thread still mean nothing?
I suppose I could edit the title to "What so-and-so happens to be watching right now, but doesn't care to comment on"

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 03/10/07 03:09 AM

I must say, there are very few comedies I watch. I almost always will choose a good drama to comedy.

However, lately I have been watching Three and a Half Men. Anyone else watch that show? Charlie Sheen and his brother live together in a nice beach house. Their mother is an overbearing, outspoken, cold woman who they always try to avoid.

Anyway, they are shopping for a birthday gift for her and the clerk asks "what about a nice perfume?" Charlie Sheen says, "Do you have Chanel Number 666?

TIS

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 03/10/07 11:55 PM

I'm more of a drama guy, myself...but I do enjoy a good comedy.

Probably my favorite comedy on TV as of now is King of Queens. There isn't a single episode where I don't laugh out loud at least once (and it usually consists of Arthur and his high jinks.)

Some memorable quotes:

Arthur Spooner: Why do we have to sit so close to the kitchen? Is it because we're black?

-----

Doug Heffernan: Hey! Guy hits on my woman, I'm gonna throw down.

Carrie Spooner Heffernan: Really. How come you didn't do anything to that banker who asked me out to dinner last week?

Doug Heffernan: Cause. He was almost my height.

-----

Arthur (to Doug): You know, we're quite a team. Like Jake and the Fatman. Needless to say, I'm Jake.

-----

Jerry Stiller is just hilarious!

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 03/15/07 01:30 AM

Here are some clips from the Daily Show. In particular, on the right hand side, click "Cheney's Clout". It's hilarious. Do I hear a Godfather reference toward the end? I haven't checked all the clips out, but saw that one earlier.

Anyway, I hope all get at least one chuckle.

TIS

http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/...p;is_large=true

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 03/29/07 07:55 AM

-The Shield (Season 5)

Personally, I think Forest Whitaker should have won an Emmy for his role last season. DEFINITELY my favorite show on TV
Posted By: DonPacino

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 03/29/07 10:43 PM

My favourite comedies are, Scrubs, King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, Frasier and Two and a half men. I've watched the first season of the Sopranos from the DVD and really enjoyed it. I bought the second abd thougth the first few episodes were a bit dark but I've watched 7 episodes, just watched D-girl. I do enjoy the show and IMO the best characters are Silvio, Paulie and Chris.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 03/30/07 01:03 AM

If only SOPRANOS DVDs were just more reasonable...

The funny thing about TWO & A HALF MEN is, you can have a drinking game when Charlie Sheen appears sober, and when his face looks drunk/druggish.

NOTE: Want to know when Sheen is either on the pills or the sauce? Big heavy black bags around his eyes, like a racoon.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 03/30/07 01:14 AM

No kidding! The Sopranos here runs anywhere for 80 - $120. That's for 13 episodes. \:o My kids keep asking if I'd like to have that as a Christmas gift. Well that'd be great, but it'd take me forever to get all seasons or cost me about $700 plus to purchase them all. \:\/ Still, I haven't ruled out purchasing them. I'd love to have them in my collection.

TIS

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 03/30/07 01:20 AM

I had to buy Season 2 from a used DVD shop for $30. The box was a little banged up, but the discs worked fine.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 03/30/07 01:25 AM

RR, you gave me an idea. \:\)

You know I have purchased a number of items from Amazon.com on several occasions. I do know they have new/used of much of their music/ movies. I always buy new, but I should check and if I can get them in good condition for less, I'd be okay with that.

All I know is I'm gonna be sad after the last season is over. That show always made my Sunday nights. I'll miss the family. \:\( \:\/

TIS

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 03/31/07 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
No kidding! The Sopranos here runs anywhere for 80 - $120. That's for 13 episodes. \:o My kids keep asking if I'd like to have that as a Christmas gift. Well that'd be great, but it'd take me forever to get all seasons or cost me about $700 plus to purchase them all. \:\/ Still, I haven't ruled out purchasing them. I'd love to have them in my collection.

TIS

Try either eBay or Amazon

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 04/08/07 09:56 PM

Should probably make a separate thread for this, saying that this thread is devoid of actual discussion, but I just watched Twin Peaks season two.

Good stuff, on the whole. Addictive, anyway; dragged out a bit after Laura Palmer's killer is revealed, but the final episode is fantastic.

Any fans?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 04/08/07 10:00 PM

The show was quite a cult phenomenon here in the States for a short time in the late 80's. I enjoyed it.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 04/08/07 10:18 PM

Some of it reaches heights of David Lynch's other work, I think. I can't wait to revisit Fire Walk With Me.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 04/08/07 10:25 PM

German actress Cheryl Lee was great. She was most recently in the unaired pilot of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES but she was later replaced by Brenda Strong. It would have marked the second time she played a dead character. The first, of course, being Laura Palmer.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 04/09/07 08:27 PM

-The Shield (Season 6)
-24 (Season 6)

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 04/09/07 08:29 PM

I believe THE ODD COUPLE tv show is finally due for release. I'd love to add those to my already ridiculous collection. It's one of my favorite sitcoms ever.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 04/09/07 09:49 PM

Mike & Mike was great the other day when they started debating the best sitcoms ever. The usuals were cited: THE ODD COUPLE, ALL IN THE FAMILY, GET SMART("dum...dum dum DUM!"), SEINFELD, etc.

"If you tell me that you loved FRIENDS, I will have nothing to do with you again." Mike Greeny

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 04/09/07 10:57 PM

I found out today that THE WONDER YEARS finally is back on TV...it airs on the I, or the former PAX channel at 10. Hooah!

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 04/09/07 11:18 PM

KING OF QUEENS comes back tonight to begin a 7 episode finale.

Good show, one of the only "traditional" sitcoms left. I'll miss it.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 05/07/07 05:49 AM

-Family Guy (Season 3)

So far, this show is definitely picking up in the later seasons. I'm always looking forward now to the next episode for Stewie's smarta$$ comments

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 05/07/07 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
KING OF QUEENS comes back tonight to begin a 7 episode finale.

Good show, one of the only "traditional" sitcoms left. I'll miss it.

What chu talkin' bout, Willis? It's a GREAT show. \:p

One of the funniest things about the show is all the different ways Arthur can come up with to call Doug fat.

Arthur Spooner: You know, we're quite a team. Like Jake and the Fatman. Needless to say, I'm Jake.

One of the funniest sitcoms to come around in a VERY long time. I'll miss it, too. \:\/

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 06/02/07 09:08 AM

-Family Guy (Season 4)

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 08/30/07 06:42 PM

-Shogun

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/06/07 04:00 AM

-South Park (Season 10)
Posted By: bogey

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/06/07 05:55 AM

I'm confused.. Is this a TV Shows discussion, or is this a new Word Game where you name the last TV show you watched, or DVD you bought?

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/06/07 06:05 AM

I'm confused.. Is this a TV Shows discussion, or is this a new Word Game where you name the last TV show you watched, or DVD you bought?

Funny... I was kinda wondering the same thing!

"Discussion" is the keyword, no? \:\/

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/08/07 04:52 PM

Has anyone seen or know of any new shows coming out this season that look good? \:\) It seems like they haven't shown very many previews.

I did see previews of a new show about a vampire (he's cute whoever he is), \:\) but can't think of the name of it.

I look forward to my few favorites: Desperate Housewives, Law & Orders (L&O CI will be on TNT I believe), CSI's, Ghost Whisperer, Criminal Minds.

Anyway the new season should be starting soon I think.

Oh, and of course 24 if I decide to watch individual episodes this year. \:D

I sure will miss my very favorite though....The Sopranos \:\(

TIS
Posted By: olivant

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/08/07 05:30 PM

Has anyone seen or know of any new shows coming out this season that look good? \:\) It seems like they haven't shown very many previews.

I did see previews of a new show about a vampire (he's cute whoever he is), \:\) but can't think of the name of it.

I look forward to my few favorites: Desperate Housewives, Law & Orders (L&O CI will be on TNT I believe), CSI's, Ghost Whisperer, Criminal Minds.

Anyway the new season should be starting soon I think.

Oh, and of course 24 if I decide to watch individual episodes this year. \:D

I sure will miss my very favorite though....The Sopranos \:\(

TIS

CBS will air Moonlight about a vampire detective. I don't know about that. Suuposedly he keeps a cooler full of bloody mary's in his car when he's not batting around the city.

I almost exclusively watch talk shows and reruns from days gone by: Any Griffith, Frasier et al. Crime shows are simply reprises of prior plots - same tune, different words. They can't hold my attention. I like Monk. Those plots and scripts are creative. Little impresses me these days.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/08/07 06:44 PM

Go with The Shield. Best show on TV. Period. You can't go wrong
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/08/07 06:50 PM

-Seinfeld

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/09/07 01:16 AM

TIS, I like Criminal Minds, too. But I understand that Mandy Patinkin (my daughter just LOVES to say his name over and over) will not be back. Joe Mantegna will be taking his place. I think Joe is a decent actor, but I really liked the Gideon character, and I can't imagine the show without him.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/16/07 02:47 PM

-The Simpsons (Season 10)

I think this is the latest I've started to watch a Simpsons DVD after purchasing it. Usually I would begin watching it the day I bought it
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/16/07 09:58 PM

Well TIS there are 2 new shows that I'm looking forward to watching.

NBC's new version of Bionic Woman and Cane which will be on CBS I think.

Other than those 2 the other new shows don't look all that interesting.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 12:30 AM

Only one I've seen that looks remotely interesting is Cane.

Looks like it could be like the series Kingpin that was on NBC a few years ago.
Posted By: SC

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 12:50 AM

This sucks tonight... I wanted to watch the Emmy's but the Sox/Yanks game is on and thats taking precedent.... I did see, however, that Michael Imperioli didn't win as Supporting Actor - I guess he wasn't supposed to anyway.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: SC
This sucks tonight... I wanted to watch the Emmy's but the Sox/Yanks game is on and thats taking precedent.... I did see, however, that Michael Imperioli didn't win as Supporting Actor - I guess he wasn't supposed to anyway.

Oh yea, I think I'll watch the game too.......Not!! \:p

So it has started there already hu? How funny that it's filmed in L.A. but we don't see it until after the East Coast. Same thing every year.

I take it then, you didn't see the Jersey Boy performance?

TIS

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 01:12 AM

That sucks that you don't see the show "live"... I didn't know and I'm sorry that I posted the Supporting Actor news.

I dunno if they did the Jersey Boys thing yet... if they DID then I missed it.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 01:17 AM

That's ok SC. For some reason, I don't mind knowing who wins in this case. I really only want to see any Soprano related awards. Right now I'm watching people enter. I saw Edie Falco entering and she looked nice. I liked her dress. \:\) She's the only Soprano cast member I've seen so far though.

TIS

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 02:00 AM

TIS, they just did the Jersey Boys thing a little while ago, and then they brought out the entire cast (no, Olivant, I didn't see Ade, although she might have been there). It's weird to see them in their clothes. Van Zandt had on his 'do rag, which always confuses me when he's supposed to be Silvio. And I agree, Edie Falco looked lovely.

I love the music from Jersey Boys, but the way they did it, it was as if they didn't know if the cameras should be on the performers or on the screen showing the scenes from The Sopranos. So, it was all sort of mixed up.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 02:05 AM

Okay, so I can get my timing straight. \:p It's 10:00 or so there right? So the Jersey Boy segment is two hours into the show right? I know from the CNN news how many awards Sopranos won thus far, but I assume they haven't gotten to best series at this point right?

TIS

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 02:18 AM

I am switching back and forth between the Yankee game and the Emmys. I don't think you should wait two hours. I'd say closer to an hour and a half so you don't miss it. I haven't seen many of the awards at all.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 02:21 AM

Thanks SB, believe it or not that does help. Usually it's one or two awards that I am particularly interested in. This way I don't have to watch the entire show and play a guessing game. i too will probably be switching back and forth, but of course won't be watching any football game. ;\)

TIS

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 02:37 AM

I'll forgive you for that one, TIS, but only because my Jeter just hit a home run, and the Yankees are now winning 4-1!!

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 02:59 AM

Well.....

Warning, Spoiler:
Gandolfini didn't win. \:\(

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 03:01 AM

Yes
Warning, Spoiler:
and neither did Edie, which sucked

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 03:01 AM

Well.....

Warning, Spoiler:
Gandolfini didn't win. \:\(

I peeked!!! \:\/
(don't know if I should react. Am I the only one from the West Coast watching and/or interested?)

TIS

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 03:06 AM

Well, since you said that you were tracking the awards on cnn.com, I guess that it wasn't much of a surprise, was it??

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 03:11 AM

Yea, thanks because now I've made the decision whether to watch or not. \:\)

TIS

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 03:12 AM

At least

Warning, Spoiler:
they won Best Series!!

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 03:13 AM

You have to eat least watch the Jersey Boys!!!
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 03:15 AM

At least

Warning, Spoiler:
they won Best Series!!

Yeah talk about highway robbery!

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 03:16 AM

Oh yes. I will watch that, but I'm boycotting the rest of the show. \:p Morons!!!! \:D

TIS

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 09/17/07 03:23 AM

At least

Warning, Spoiler:
they won Best Series!!

Ok, I can handle that!!!! \:D

See! Who needs to watch award shows? I have my own East Coast connection right here on the BB

TIS

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 04/28/08 06:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
I've just watched the DVD of the entire first series of Extras (six episodes, and all the bonus featurettes).

A TV show by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant (of The Office), ...

I've seen Extras once or twice, but never really followed it, and had never seen The Office. Guess what? I recently watched The Office (UK) in its (too short) entirety and think it's BRILLIANT! Ricky Gervais et al. are fantastic, and now I want to catch up on Extras.

Never seen the US version of The Office - does it compare?

(I might add that a lot of the enjoyment came from having been in that type of environment for a few years - and how freakin' accurate! ;\) )

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 04/28/08 01:02 PM

Yeah, excellent stuff. Glad ya dig it. The US Office is supposedly great, too, but y'know how y'all Yanks are for wantin' to run things into the ground and kill a show off once it's become unbearable to watch. Saying that, The Simpsons is still running in all its stubborn enthusiasm.

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 04/28/08 01:03 PM

Anyway, I watched the last seven episodes of The Wire season 2 last night; it was light when it finished.

Roll on season 3. Great show.
Posted By: svsg

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 04/28/08 02:56 PM

Yesterday I was watching a marathon session of "first 48", a reality show on homicide detectives. It is good.
Posted By: olivant

Re: TV Shows Discussion - 04/28/08 06:26 PM

Now you can have your little girls watch Hannah Montana and learn how to be a Ho.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET