Home

Shows You Despise

Posted By: Don Vercetti

Shows You Despise - 01/31/06 08:02 PM

Sorry Capo, but I can actually pass the time if I ever see Murder, She Wrote on, though it's not very often.

For me, the sitcom I hate the most is Full House. Every episode is a happy-ending cliche, and it's one of the few shows in the world that puts this thought in my head.

Will someone beat these three girls and three guys?
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Shows You Despise - 01/31/06 08:06 PM

Friends for me. I hate that stupid show! Also, any CSI too. My goodness, I think my friend has every single episode on his TiVo
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Shows You Despise - 01/31/06 08:12 PM

Why the hate at CSI?

Anyway, ya I do hate FRIENDS as well. I mean, these dumbasses in such (expensive) and arty apartments, pop kids that are soon forgotten, and other metrosexual bullshit that I don't need in my life? Screw it!
Posted By: irishmike

Re: Shows You Despise - 01/31/06 08:19 PM

Well, going aways back, but for me the most annoying TV show ever made was Gomer Pyle, USMC. I was about 11 or 12 when that thing came on the air and even then, I would literally get pissed at Gomer because he was so stupid.
Posted By: The Dr. who fixed Lucy

Re: Shows You Despise - 01/31/06 08:19 PM

I shouldn't be watching kids TV I know, but these guys are IRRITATING
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Shows You Despise - 01/31/06 08:20 PM

Yeah, especially the fat kid.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Shows You Despise - 01/31/06 09:11 PM

Laguna Beach: Rich white kids from California, who cares?

The OC: Rich white kids from California, who cares?

MTV: Yeah.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Shows You Despise - 01/31/06 09:25 PM

Little Britain. Americans should be safe from it unless it's on BBC America.
Posted By: Snake

Re: Shows You Despise - 01/31/06 09:43 PM

Saved By the Bell, Doogie Howser (remember that forgettable show??), E.R. (that show depresses me), The Book of Daniel (I pray it bombs), and, of course, West Left, er, I mean, Wing! (Sorry, just had to toss that in!) And, last but not least, Will & Grace.

Friends is O.K., but a little monotonous after you've seen the same episodes 1000 times. I never tire of Seinfeld, though.
Posted By: Luciano Fanucci

Re: Shows You Despise - 01/31/06 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Dr. who fixed Lucy:

I shouldn't be watching kids TV I know, but these guys are IRRITATING
Heh, my nephew watches that some times, I agree it can be irritating at times.

Re: Shows You Despise - 01/31/06 09:52 PM

Snake - Saved by the Bell? I needed that show growing up. C'mon Tiffany Thiesen and the tall one that went onto that stripping film. I discovered the light. You can't take that away from a raging hormonal kid!

Re: Shows You Despise - 01/31/06 09:56 PM

A small redemption(?) at best.

Screech was made for killin', though.

Re: Shows You Despise - 01/31/06 10:05 PM

I must have been 12 at the time. Screech was a riot. :p

Re: Shows You Despise - 01/31/06 10:07 PM

I'm guessin' that was when you started drinkin', too. :p

Hey, if you weren't, Screech would have driven you to it.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Shows You Despise - 01/31/06 10:09 PM

I can't stand most "reality" shows, like The Bachelor or The Apprentice, or the one about or the stupid singles sharing a house, or any show that involves having extensive plastic surgery. I am also extremely revolted by any of the shows that try to make you ill, like Fear Factor.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Shows You Despise - 01/31/06 10:21 PM

Let me state for the record that I like Little Britain and maybe my opinion is based on the fact that here in Canada we are not inundated with the show the way our friends in the U.K. must be.

Back on topic some of the shows I despise:

C.S.I. - nothing more than a cheap Law & Order/N.Y.P.D. Blue ripoff.

Desperate Housewives - What is with the big fuss over this show? Yeah Teri Hatcher, Eva Longoria and Nicollette Sheridan are good looking but unless there is some full nude girl-on-girl action that is no reason to watch a show.

Sex In The City - See Desperate Housewives

American Dad - Family Guy = Very, very funny and hilarious at times. American Dad = a big fat 0.

Strangelove: Flava Flave and Brigitte Nielsen - Oh just die already!

Poker on T.V. - Ok let me clarify here, I have nothing against poker and in fact from time to time I enjoy playing it and even watching it on t.v. What I don't need though is it to be playing on T.S.N., Roger's Sports Net, E.S.P.N., The Score and every other sports network 24/7/365. Wow, once a week is more than enough imo.

Rosanne - Never watched it. I actually had to think for a second if I had to watch it once a day every day for the rest of my life in order to cure all disease (hypothetically obviously) would I actually do it.

NASCAR - Similar to poker on t.v. Enough already, I get it! Some people really enjoy this and that's fine but please take it off my t.v. screen, please.

The O.C. - Well, I'm from York Region in Toronto, Ontario. Maybe I should start a show based on my life and call it The Y.R. :rolleyes:

The quality of M.T.V., VH1, Much Music and Much More Music - Sometimes, I would actually like to see some (good) music on freakin music t.v. stations! What the fuck is up with all the nonsense, bullshit that they play on these stations nearly all the time. Is this intended as filler or do people actually watch the Jessica Simpson/Nick Lashay show?!
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: Shows You Despise - 01/31/06 10:54 PM

Anything on the Disney Channel and most of Nickelodeon...Spongebob is a funny show.

A show that I really despise is That's so Raven on the Disney Channel. My sister watches this garbage almost 24/7 and I want to put my head through a wall. Raven Symone's acting actually got worse from when she was Olivia in The Cosby Show. Just terrible.

Re: Shows You Despise - 01/31/06 11:56 PM

By the way, just for the sake of hatred, when I said "beat" in my first post, I didn't mean defeat through ratings, I meant battery.

That TV family can drive me to suicide.
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 12:43 AM

I hate Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, it makes me want to break my TV with all its sugar-coated, smatlzy, pullin-on-your-heartstrings moments.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
Laguna Beach: Rich white kids from California, who cares?

The OC: Rich white kids from California, who cares?
Agreed. To be honest, I've never watched an episode of either of these, so I shouldn't say that I know I'd hate them...but somehow I just feel I would. Two people at my school always talk about The OC (the only two people at school that I've ever heard talk about it, I think), and it drives me crazy. From the looks of it, they seem to be just like soap operas, which I also hate, despite my mom's and grandma's love for them.

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
For me, the sitcom I hate the most is Full House. Every episode is a happy-ending cliche, and it's one of the few shows in the world that puts this thought in my head.
Absolutely. The sad thing is, I used to watch it. It was when I was much younger, and I guess I didn't know any better. Gradually, as I continued watching it, I finally began to realize how much I hated Kimmy, the stupid/corny jokes, and the happy endings that you described, DV. Especially the endings.... :rolleyes: Can't have one without a talk between Dad and the girls, apologies from everyone, and then a nice group hug.

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 02:03 AM

I used to watch it too when I was young and clinically retarded.

Don't forget the sad, "forgiving" music that played right on cue.
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 02:07 AM

Gilmore Girls

Its like an exercise in seeing how much dialogue they can pack into a 22 minute TV show. They talk incredibly fast and little else happens besides talking.

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 02:14 AM

DV, we must've been retarded to stand a single episode, right?

And something else just popped into my head after I read your post..."You got it, dude." ARGH!

MMTH, you are so right about Gilmore Girls. There was a funny Family Guy clip about that show, too.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 02:23 AM

I'm sorry, but I loved Full House. And I just bought Seasons 1 and 2 for my daughter for Christmas. Granted, she's 11, but still....it was a cute show. And it's amazing that after all these years, the Olsen twins still weigh exactly the same as they did when the show first started!!

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 02:28 AM

Ah, to each his (or her) own, SB.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
And it's amazing that after all these years, the Olsen twins still weigh exactly the same as they did when the show first started!!
That's the spirit.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 02:36 AM

1-Friends
2-MTV Shows/ Reality Shows
3- "Preteen" shows (Shows about "High School" with no grounds in reality. Usually on Nickolodean(sp))
4- E Channel shows, aside from "The Soup", which can be funny
5- Lost
6-"British humor" shows. No offence to the Brits, but for the most part, these shows are written by people who have never been out of California

Theres probably more, but I cant remember them now
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
And it's amazing that after all these years, the Olsen twins still weigh exactly the same as they did when the show first started!!
They don't weigh the same, they've lost their baby fat! Please, SB. :rolleyes:

I had a big big crush on Uncle Jesse though, who is still very hot, IMO.

I don't watch that much TV so I don't really HATE that many shows... there are a lot of shows that I could imagine myself hating, if I ever saw them.

Like SB said, The Bachelor is one of them... you couldn't pay me to watch that garbage. A bunch of around-30 women who are freaking out because they're not married and their identities depend on being linked to someone else because they have no personality or self-worth to carry themselves on so they're past the point of desperate bar-hopping and moved on to public humiliation on network TV, complete with bad makeup, worse shoes, and cheap clothes. Who comes up with this stuff? And who watches it? And why? Btw, did you guys like my run-on sentence up there? :p

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
I had to watch it once a day every day for the rest of my life in order to cure all disease...
Wow, good thing that's not the way they do medical research then, huh?
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 03:31 AM

I hate some of that shallow shit they show on MTV. With asshole teenagers choosing their friends, or whatever the hell.

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Love:
I hate some of that shallow shit they show on MTV. With asshole teenagers choosing their friends, or whatever the hell.

This post made me laugh pretty damn hard.

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Love:
With asshole teenagers choosing their friends, or whatever the hell.
I didn't understand this reference, and you know what? That makes my goddamn day.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 03:43 AM

Laguna Beach. That, and Survivor.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
[quote]Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
[b] And it's amazing that after all these years, the Olsen twins still weigh exactly the same as they did when the show first started!!
They don't weigh the same, they've lost their baby fat! Please, SB. :rolleyes:

I had a big big crush on Uncle Jesse though, who is still very hot, IMO.

[/b][/quote]His wife in that show wasn't too bad herself.

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 03:49 AM

Me and my little brother always sarcastically joke around that we love Laguna Beach, and we always make up shit to say like,

"OMG did you see Lindsey with Jeff last night? I think they're gonna like, hook-up!"

And one time we did that in front of our female cousin's friend, and she was like, "OH!! Do you watch that show? I LOVE IT!!"

We both stared at each other and laughed hysterically. This girl didn't know wtf was going on, me and my brother had to leave the room because we couldn't control ourselves. It was one of the funniest things ever.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 04:19 AM

There's some show on MTV I think and I can't remember the name of it but it's about some spoiled rotten rich girls who are having birthday parties for themselves or something like that. I'm not sure if it is still on or not.

Ok I like to watch Full House cuz me and my daughter use to watch it together back in the day. Ah memories

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 04:39 AM

I liked Full House, but it couldn't be done today. Joey would have to be gay, Danny would need to go on medication for his OCD, and Jesse would likely be forced to ally with a black rapper from the streets and become "G-Unit and the Rippers" because the Man kept him down.

Of course, D.J. would be a reformed crack addict, Stephanie would commit suicide because of middle-child syndrome (how rude!) and Michelle would end up with a speech impediment that affected her ability to get a job (owse cream?).

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 04:51 AM

Lol! Lol! That's hilarious Double-J!

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 05:03 AM

Wait...didn't everyone think Joey was a closet homosexual? I mean, c'mon, the man tries to pick up chicks with a Popeye impression, and uses Bullwinkle as foreplay. And it doesn't take a "genious" to figure out what he did with that hockey equipment with Jesse down in that basement... :p

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 05:06 AM

stop man! you're killing me!
Posted By: bogey

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
There's some show on MTV I think and I can't remember the name of it but it's about some spoiled rotten rich girls who are having birthday parties for themselves or something like that. I'm not sure if it is still on or not.
Ugh.. Sweet Sixteen

That's on my Despise List..

Along with Laguna Beach and The OC.

They actually used to have "Laguna Night" on our floor...

Give me time.. I'll think of more..

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bogey:

They actually used to have "Laguna Night" on our floor...
Wait...promiscous sex with California girls on your floor?

And I missed it? :p
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 07:06 AM

This list will comprise of former/current shows. This will be rather lengthy so bare with me.

I Love Lucy
Seinfeld
Friends
Will & Grace
The Waltons
Full House
All reality shows
The OC
Laguna Beach
Desperate Housewives
Curb your enthusiasm(sp?)
The Brady Bunch
The Simpsons(and all animated shows that fit into the same category as the Simpsons)
Murder she wrote
Charlies angels
Doogie Howser
West Wing
The Commander in chief
Roseanne
Sex & the city
Arrested Development(just what is the fascination with this show?)
All shows on MTV(the last I knew MTV stood for Music Television, the higher ups should be reminded of that little fact)
The Cosby Show
Good times
Sanford & Son
Different Strokes
Alf

I'm sure there's more that I'm not thinking of right at the moment.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 08:51 AM

It is really easier to say what I like so this is my favorite list:

Cheers ****
Frasier ****
Friends ***
Sienfield ***
Becker **
Everybody Loves Raymond **
Angel **
Buffy **
Malcolm in the Middle
My Wife and Kids
The Cosby Show
I'm with Her

I don't care for the rest of it. But to name some of the shows I despise, well here it goes:

Trading Spaces/Spouses: No matter what they pay me, there is no way that I want to trade my space or spouse. Yuck!

Bachelor, although I saw the 2nd season and I got hooked to that stupid show because the other alternatives were to watch survivor or study for a test and I didn't feel like doing any of those. Plus there was a girl from Alabama and I made sure to watch her get screwed.

Swan/Extreme Makeover: The most annoying thing of all about this show is that at the end they all say what's important is the inner beauty. Yeah, inner beauty my ass.
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/01/06 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
Yeah, inner beauty my ass.
You're right, Afi. Or they say beauty is such a heavy burden to carry around..... :rolleyes:

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/02/06 06:09 PM

I guess I wasn't so off-target when I talked of Stephanie committing suicide. Apparently, she's a meth addict in real life! :p

TeenPeople.com
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/02/06 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
[quote]Originally posted by Tony Love:
[b] I hate some of that shallow shit they show on MTV. With asshole teenagers choosing their friends, or whatever the hell.

This post made me laugh pretty damn hard. [/b][/quote]:D Glad you liked it
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/03/06 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:

Ok I like to watch Full House cuz me and my daughter use to watch it together back in the day. Ah memories
my sweet sixteen Is the name

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/03/06 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
I guess I wasn't so off-target when I talked of Stephanie committing suicide. Apparently, she's a meth addict in real life! :p

TeenPeople.com
No wonder the bitch was so giddy on the show.

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/03/06 12:38 AM

Pssht, I would've banged her after "Full House" was canceled. :p
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/03/06 12:45 AM

Quote:
Apparently, she's a meth addict in real life! :p

TeenPeople.com
"I was married to a police officer – we are going through a divorce right now – he had no idea."

The guy's a cop, probably investigates SO many drug cases all over L.A., and he didn't even know his wife was on meth?

Sheeyut. I hope this isn't all the LAPD is made of.

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/03/06 12:49 AM

Maybe every time he tried to get into the bathroom when she was getting high, she'd lock the door, and scream, "How ruuude!" :p :p :p
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/03/06 10:20 PM

Another show I can't stand is Yes Dear. It's just terrible; I can't understand how it's been on so long, and why it's being syndicated.

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/03/06 10:33 PM

Yes, Dear is funny sometimes...but that Greg dude is such a friggin' wuss! Don't see how he got hooked up with a chick like Kim.

BTW, don't you think she looks radically different now than she did as a young teen in "Uncle Buck"?? What a change!

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/03/06 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
BTW, don't you think she looks radically different now than she did as a young teen in "Uncle Buck"?? What a change!
Snake, I don't think I ever made the connection that she was in both!

I've watched Yes Dear a couple of times, and I love Uncle Buck - I can't believe I never realized that.

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/03/06 10:37 PM

Don't feel bad...somebody had to point it out to me, too. She just looks like a totally different person. You can catch a little resemblance around those eyes, but that's about it.

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/04/06 02:11 AM

She was also pretty hot in "Mr. Holland's Opus," btw.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/04/06 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by irishmike:
... the most annoying TV show ever made was Gomer Pyle, USMC. I was about 11 or 12 when that thing came on the air and even then, I would literally get pissed at Gomer because he was so stupid.
As a kid I used to like this show simply because it was a lighthearted comedy. After a while, my father (a former U.S. Marine) forbade it to be watched because he hated it so much. When we whined, "..buy WHYYYYYYYYYY....???", I clearly remember him stating: "That guy is a DISGRACE to the Marine Corps."

End of story. Gomer Pyle was history in our house from that moment on.

Of course, this was in the days when most houses had only ONE tv!!

Apple
Posted By: Aziatic

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/04/06 02:11 PM

There are alot of Shows I hate..Most reality and talk shows just SUCK! Another show I hate is "friends". Cant believe most of my friends actually enjoy it. Then there's "Full House", Oh my gosh. The most hippie happy fuckin show in TV history
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/04/06 02:33 PM

Quote:

TeenPeople.com
You know you're pretty bad off when Mary Kate Olsen has to give you an intervention.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/04/06 04:16 PM

Gilligan's Island. :rolleyes:

Nuff said!

Don Cardi
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Shows You Despise - 02/04/06 04:36 PM

I'll give you one of my daughter's favorite shows that I despise...The Fairly Oddparents.

Unlike Spongebob which as someone stated IS funny, sharp and at times downright intelligent...Timmy Turner & crew is just silly. I can't stand to see my kid enjoy the same damn episones over & over & over...sometimes I insist she change to something in Disney Channel.

Now Jimmy Neutron...THERE's another terrific show!!! But we don't want to turn the topic around....

Apple

ps - my own personal all-time favorit show to despise (and quite possibly the worst show in all of television history): THE BRADY BRIDES
The Brady Brides
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET