Home

It's Back! "24"

Posted By: Don Cardi

It's Back! "24" - 01/15/06 05:24 PM

Jack's back!

Tonight is the season premiere of 24.

I can't imagine what twists and turns that they'll come up with this year.

Two hours tonight, and two hours tomorrow night.

Don Cardi
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/15/06 06:00 PM

Yes, 24 is back. I quite enjoyed when I watched the captivating 2nd season from beginning to end. But really, I felt that 24 couldn't equal the height of escalation after season #2(I mean, possible WW3, Nuke bomb in L.A., that damn cougar cat, etc.)

Still, quite a good action-packed TV show with a protagonist that hasn't taken this much shit against baddies or terrorists quite often since Bruce Willis did those DIE HARD movies.

Interestingly enough, I've heard that Kiefer is out after this season, which means...is 24 dead afterwards, or will it try to limp along?
Posted By: XDCX

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/15/06 06:50 PM

I can hardly wait! On the extras disc from Season 4, it has a teaser for season 5. Apparently, Jack (under an assumed alias) is some sort of undercover cop or something working in Chicago (I believe), but he's forced out of hiding when someone hacks Chloe's computer at CTU and learns that Jack Bauer is still alive.

I can't even imagine what's gonna happen this season, what kinds of twists are gonna be implemented. I'll give my thoughts on the season premier after watching it later on tonight.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/15/06 07:10 PM

Unfortunately I won't be watching it. I wait for the DVD to come out every December so it looks like it'll be another 11 months for me
Posted By: Meggie

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/16/06 12:51 AM

I have never watched it but is it true the sereies is about 24 hours> Do they change their clothes? How can they have a show that is only 24 hours..

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/16/06 03:36 AM

HOLY SH*T!! That's all I've got to say for now. I'll elaborate later.

Wow.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/16/06 03:58 AM

WOW! Talk about a shocking premiere!

Can't wait for tomorrow night!

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/16/06 04:56 PM

This had to be the most shocking season premier yet. FOX wasn't lying when they said "the first two hours will change everything."

*******SPOILER ALERT*******In the first 10 minutes, ex-President David Palmer is assassinated. Then before the first hour is over, Michelle Dessler is killed, and Tony Almeida is critically injured, as well. Some terrorist cell has learned that Jack Bauer is alive, and they are attempting to wipe out the four people who knew he was alive, and in the process, frame Bauer for Palmer's assassination and Michelle's murder. All this...in the first hour!!!
*******END SPOILER*******

My favorite quote from last night:

When Jack goes over to incapacitate an FBI agent, Derek asks Chloe "Is he ok?" Chloe simply replies, in her classic smarmy attitude, "Don't worry, he's good at this."

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/16/06 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
My favorite quote from last night:

When Jack goes over to incapacitate an FBI agent, Derek asks Chloe "Is he ok?" Chloe simply replies, in her classic smarmy attitude, "Don't worry, he's good at this."
Yes. her delivery of that line was just so smooth. And it was funny coming from her. She wasn't worried one iota!

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/24/06 03:06 AM

Another great episode tonight! It started out rather slow, but the pacing was great, and the ending has me itching to see next week's episode. Thank God I have the first four seasons on DVD to hold me over.

Thoughts on tonights episode, DC?

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/24/06 03:23 AM

You beat me to it. I signed on intending to post about this episode, but got a bit sidetracked reading my PMs. ANd I get here and you've already posted!

The writing on this show is just unbelievable! Fantastic stuff!

Here we are in the fith season, and the writing, the plot and the acting has not declined one bit.

I don't know why, but I just don't trust the President's advisor, Mike.

Remember when he turned on President Palmer a few seasons ago? Something bothered me about him this week, but I can't put my finger on it.

We have to wait a whole damn week now!

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/24/06 03:30 AM

Ever since Mike Novick's betrayal of President Palmer in Season 2, I've always been weary of his character.

But then again, President Logan's whole administration seems to be in disarray. His chief-of-staff is working with the terrorists, the President himself seems a bit eccentric, and his wife is nuts (although I don't believe she's as crazy as the President would have us believe).

Also, I'm glad that Tony will be easing back into the main story.

I was kind of hoping to see Jack kick that new punk's ass. Spencer, I believe his name is.

Next week's episode looks to be a doozie, judging from the preview.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/31/06 04:50 PM

Another great episode last night.

I was a bit surprised that Walt Cummings (the President's Chief of Staff) came out with the truth. He said he assisted the terrorists in obtaining the nerve agent, authorized the hit on David Palmer, and was gonna have the tanker carrying the nerve agent attacked and destroyed off the coast of China, so they'd have an excuse to wage war on China, and take advantage of the oil reserves. Then he tried to muscle the President into just letting it happen. He almost succeeded, but then Jack Bauer came in and...uh...changed the President's mind, so to speak.

It was very satisfying seeing Jack kick the sh*t out of Walt. Too bad the President is untouchable, because he deserves a good sh*t kicking, too.

I also thought it was extremely messed up that after what Jack did for the President, the President told Jack that after the day is over, he must disappear again. The Chinese cannot be allowed to know Jack Bauer is alive.
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/31/06 05:03 PM

Not a bad eppisode. My only question is who was the guy at the end who was saying that he was going to wage war on the United States? I thought it was the Russian Prime Minister but I missed some eppisodes so I wasnt sure.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/31/06 05:08 PM

In Episodes 3 and 4, terrorists took over Ontario airport in Los Angeles. They had hundreds of hostages. Turns out one of the hostages wasn't actually a hostage, he was working with the terrorists. We knew him the last couple episodes as the elusive "man with the yellow tie." During the hostage situation, one of the terrorists casually walked by him and handed him a key card. That key card led to a bunker on the airport grounds, which housed the nerve agent. Now it seems the guy in the yellow tie is leading the terrorists.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/07/06 01:51 AM

Ok, are you ready for another episode? What the hell is going to happen this week? Just when you think that they've solved one problem, another arises from within it!

I wonder if at some point the Chinese consulate ( from last season ) is going to find out that jack is still alive?

Yes, the plot thickens!

10 more minutes!

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/09/06 05:01 PM

Sorry for the delayed response.

***********SPOILER WARNING***********

Another great episode this week. I think your "Chinese consulate" sentiment was right on the money. Now that President Logan has re-hired Jack on a provisional basis, it's only a matter of time before the Chinese find out he's alive.

I'm kind of weary on the idea that Logan is using his wife as his main counsel on decision making. I get a strange vibe off of her, like maybe she hasn't revealed all her cards yet (a'la Sherry Palmer).

I'm not liking Sean Astin's character, Lynn, although I think that's his purpose. It looks like he's gonna be the new Ryan Chappelle.

I was not upset one bit when we learned of Walt Cummings suicide. It fit his character. He was a traitor to the country, he died like a coward.

Looks like Kim Bauer will be coming back soon. Should be interesting. Hopefully Chase Edmunds will come along, as well. He was an interesting character from Season 3.

My favorite scene of the night was Jack's interrogation of the suspect (naturally). I especially liked when he said "You do not wanna go down this road with me," and the suspect says "You go to hell!" That's like dousing your hand in turpentine and setting it on fire, and not expecting to suffer 3rd degree burns.

I'm anxiously waiting for Tony to come out of his coma. Tony Almeida is one of the corner stones of the show, and one of my personal favorite characters.

Can't wait for next week!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/09/06 05:09 PM

Here's some news on the upcoming videogame adaptation of 24!

From IGN.com

24: The Gold
The game tie-in to the hit series is all wrapped up.
by David Adams

February 8, 2006 - Publisher 2K Games announced today that 24: The Game, based on the hit Fox television series, is now officially gold. You know what this means, of course: the title is now considered code-complete and ready for manufacturing.

Developed by Sony's Cambridge studios, 24: The Game is set between seasons two and three of the show and answers several questions: Who was really behind the assassination attempt on President Palmer? How did Kim Bauer get a job in the L.A. CTU? How did Jack Bauer and Chase Edmunds first start working together? Penned by 24 episode writer Duppy Demetrius and voiced by stars Kiefer Sutherland, Carlos Bernard, and Kiefer Sutherland, 24 boasts more than 100 missions told through several branching subplots. Gameplay includes on-foot sections (with shooting, stealth, puzzles, and sniping), driving sequences, interrogations, and technical challenges.

24: The Game is currently slated for release on February 28.
------------------------------------
I'm kind of weary on how they're gonna pull off the urgency of the show. It's the perfect premise for a videogame, but a premise that isn't easy to pull off without making some sacrifices. Nevertheless, I'll probably pick it up when it comes out.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/09/06 09:09 PM

Quote:
Sorry for the delayed response.

[b]***********SPOILER WARNING***********

I'm kind of weary on the idea that Logan is using his wife as his main counsel on decision making. I get a strange vibe off of her, like maybe she hasn't revealed all her cards yet (a'la Sherry Palmer).

Looks like Kim Bauer will be coming back soon. Should be interesting. Hopefully Chase Edmunds will come along, as well. He was an interesting character from Season 3.

[/b]
How ironic is that. Sherry Palmer had her own agenda when Palmer was president, yet we trusted her at the begining and she turned out to be a sneak.

Now Mrs. Logan is advising the current President and we have our suspicians about her, and she'll probably turn out to be the saviour of her husband's presidency!

If I remember correctly Chase had his hand cut off two years ago. I don't think that he'll be back. I believe that they will be divorced.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/09/06 09:31 PM

What season is this? The fifth?

Seriously, I don't think I've ever been captivated more than I was with the first. Second was good, but never touched the intensity and freshness of the opening season. Thereafter, BBC lost the rights and Sky bought it up for showing over here, which I don't own. Bummer.

Which season do you fans like the best?

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/09/06 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
What season is this? The fifth?

Seriously, I don't think I've ever been captivated more than I was with the first. Second was good, but never touched the intensity and freshness of the opening season.
Yes, this is the fifth season.

The show did lose a bit of steam with season 2, but it was still an excellent season. Out of the four previous seasons, I'd have to say season 3 is my least favorite. It was still a great season, it just didn't captivate me quite as much as seasons 1, 2, and 4.

Quote:
Which season do you fans like the best?
It's a tough call between season 1 and season 4. Season 1 definitely has more twists and turns than any season thus far (the current season not withstanding), but season 1 started it all. I think I'd have to give the overall nod to season 1, with season 4 coming in a close second. Here's how I'd rank them:

1) Season 1
2) Season 4
3) Season 2
4) Season 3

That could all change at the end of season 5, as this season is shaping up to be a rocket buster.

Just a note. I never realized how great an actor Kiefer Sutherland was until I started watching this show. He's just so intense, and he plays the role of Jack Bauer so convincingly.

He's a relatively small man, but he's frightening. The only actor I can think of that can pull the "scary small man" role off better than Kiefer is Joe Pesci.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/09/06 10:31 PM

Xander Berkeley (George Mason) and Dennis Haysbert (Palmer) steal everything they're in (Timecode for the former, Jarhead for the latter), I think.

Sutherland is excellent. I love the way he whispers "Mr. President" inside of a helicopter and gets heard despite the noise.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/09/06 10:58 PM

Quote:
Xander Berkeley (George Mason) and Dennis Haysbert (Palmer) steal everything they're in (Timecode for the former, Jarhead for the latter), I think.
I loved the George Mason character. He was such a smart ass about everything. My favorite line of his was from season 1, near the end, where Palmer convinces George to trade Alexis Drazen for Jack Bauer. George is hesitant, and says the senator doesn't have the authority to authorize that kind of action.

Palmer: "Act on your own prerogative. Go through with the exchange. You'll be repremanded. Possibly even demoted.

Mason: "So far it sounds great."

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/14/06 03:13 AM

That Jack Bauer is something else, huh? Saves that little girl in the Mall and basically saved 900 people by disobeying the President's order.

Now he's in hot water again!

Tell me something, do you think that something is up with Mike Novick?

For some reason I just don't trust him.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/14/06 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
That Jack Bauer is something else, huh? Saves that little girl in the Mall and basically saved 900 people by disobeying the President's order.

Now he's in hot water again!

Tell me something, do you think that something is up with Mike Novick?

For some reason I just don't trust him.

Don Cardi
I'll always have trouble trusting Mike Novick after his season 2 shenanigans. But I highly doubt he'd ever consider going against the President whilst Jack Bauer is still alive. He saw what happened to Walt Cummings for going against the President under Jack Bauer's watch.

Another good episode tonight. I'm glad they've slowed down the pace a little bit this season. Last season was incredible, IMO, but I got dizzy because of all the twists and turns. Then again, if we go by the formula that has made "24" famous, this weaponized nerve gas is probably just a distraction for something even bigger.

I'm concerned about Jack, though. He took off the gas mask while he was still in the building to protect that girl. I'm afraid that may play a role later on down the line.

Can't wait for next week's episode!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/14/06 12:26 PM

Quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[qb] I'll always have trouble trusting Mike Novick after his season 2 shenanigans. But I highly doubt he'd ever consider going against the President whilst Jack Bauer is still alive. He saw what happened to Walt Cummings for going against the President under Jack Bauer's watch.

I'm concerned about Jack, though. He took off the gas mask while he was still in the building to protect that girl. I'm afraid that may play a role later on down the line.

Can't wait for next week's episode!
Let's not forget that last season, when Air Force One came under attack, the President was not killed, but was in ciritcal condition, unable to run the country, and that's how VP Logan became President. Then we never heard anything else about the President himself. Who's to say that the President that was attacked and in critical condition cannot walk back onto the show?

I don't think that Mike is doing anything against the country, but I think that he might be doing something to sabatoge Logan's presidency.

As for Jack taking off the gas mask, that may very well come back to haunt him down the road.

One other thing, two episodes ago, when Sean Astin got mugged in the parking lot of CTU, did you notice that the "mugger" not only took the money out of Astin's wallet, but if you watched very closely it looked like he also took some kind of CTU card! I think that it was much more than a mugging. Someone, probably the terrorists, used Sean Astin's sister as a front to get that card from Astin. I think that there is a lot more behind what was made to look like just a mugging.

The show just spins and spins, and you never know where the plot is headed. That's what I love about it.

Probably the best show on television in the last few years.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Fame

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/16/06 01:22 PM

Quote:

Probably the best show on television in the last few years.

Don Cardi
Wow...better than the Sopranos?

As for me, Im a huge fan as well, best to worst :

S2 -(avoid the cougars/kim scenes and its the greatest plot 24 ever had through the entire season)

S1
S3
S4

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/17/06 11:54 PM

Just acquired a loan of season three. Can't wait...

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/18/06 12:06 AM

Quote:
Just acquired a loan of season three. Can't wait...
A great plot. You'll enjoy this one.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/18/06 03:13 AM

Quote:

One other thing, two episodes ago, when Sean Astin got mugged in the parking lot of CTU, did you notice that the "mugger" not only took the money out of Astin's wallet, but if you watched very closely it looked like he also took some kind of CTU card! I think that it was much more than a mugging. Someone, probably the terrorists, used Sean Astin's sister as a front to get that card from Astin. I think that there is a lot more behind what was made to look like just a mugging.

Yes, I did notice that. If it were just a normal mugging, all they would have wanted was the money. But the mugger took the money and his wallet. I'm sure this happens occasionally when people get mugged, but that quick glance of the CTU card makes me think it was something more.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/20/06 04:53 PM

A&E is showing last season's episodes today. I happened to watch the last episode of last season. Boy, the writing is so superb. Of course when watching the last episode last season, no one would actually pick up on something that was said, or take if for more than face value at the time. But after watching this new season and what has transpired, a new meaning to what was said in last season final episode, by former President Palmer to Current President Logan, takes on a whole new meaning!

There is a scene, after the terrorists are caught and everything is resolved, where President Logan calls President Palmer into his office to thank him for all his help. Palmer tells Logan that he must talk to his Security Advisor Walt Cummings because he, Palmer, believes that Cummings may be setting Jack up to be killed. Logan takes offense to what Palmer is suggesting and tells Palmer that it is now time for him to go back into civilian life and that he would never question Cummings as it would be against his beliefs in running his administration as he sees fit. Palmer insists that something is not right and Logan brushes Palmers idea off as just being paranoid! Palmer responds to Logan by saying that he gets it, that Logan " Sees No Evil."

There in that last episode was a hint that Palmer knew something that was going down in Logan's administration and that Walt Cummings was somehow involved! A storyline which developed this season, but one that we never gave a second thought to in the last season when watching that scene.

What outstanding writing on this show.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/21/06 05:22 PM

It seems you were right on the money with your observation on the CTU key card! Lynn (Sean Astin) is losing control because of the pressure Logan is putting on him, and because of the fact that some lowly thug ran off with his key card to CTU.

Last night's episode was great, leaving us with a cliff-hanger ending. Logan is unwillingly leading the Russian President to his death, but a monkey wrench was thrown in his plan when his wife enters the motorcade with he and his wife.

Going back to Lynn, he's had Bill Buchannan taken into custody, and by the preview for next week, it seems he's gonna have Chloe, Audrey, Curtis, and possibly even Jack taken into custody. This man is obviously not very good under pressure. It's one thing to punish your employees for insubordination on a regular day, but in the middle of a national (possibly international) crisis? I'm pretty sure President Logan is gonna have Lynn removed from duty.

I'm still waiting for Tony to come around. Tony seemed ready to talk during the episode where a hit man was sent in to kill Jack, but we haven't heard anything about Tony since. I don't think he'll come around until near the end of this season, and he'll probably drop some kind of bombshell that just may shake the very foundation of the show.

Can't wait til next week!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/21/06 05:41 PM

Quote:
Logan is unwillingly leading the Russian President to his death, but a monkey wrench was thrown in his plan when his wife enters the motorcade with he and his wife.
A great move on her part. Her action of jumping into the limo with the Russian President serves two purposes.

1- There is no way that her husband is going to allow an attack to take place knowing that his wife is in the limo.

2- If it ever came out that the Logan gave the terrorists the Russian President's Limo route, there would now be doubt that Logan would do such a thing. Why? Because now with the First Lady in that Limo people would say that Logan could never have done that because he knew that his wife would be in the Limo with the Russian President and first lady!

Mrs. Logan should be the President!

As for Lynn (Sean Astin), well I think the saving grace for the rest of CTU and those that's he ordering to be held in holding, will be the fact that his key card was stolen and he didn't inform anyone. They'll find out and hold it over his head or something, but the unreported stolen Key Card is what's going to be his achilles heal.

Can't wait either.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/28/06 03:11 AM

Another fantastic episode! It just get's better and better every week. Curtis really stepped up this week.

I think Tont Almeada and Jack's daughter come back next week. 2 hour episode next week! Yessss!

It has to be the fastest hour of TV.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/28/06 03:26 AM

Agreed, Don Cardi.

I got a bit sad when the motorcade was hit because I initially thought Agent Pierce had been killed. He's one of the few characters (albeit he's a minor character) who has been in every season. The only ones left are Jack, Tony, and Erin.

All I have to say about Curtis is "way to go!" Lynn was just losing it. I wasn't a big fan of Curtis at the beginning of last season, but throughout the latter half of season 4, and throughout this season, he's become one of my favorite characters.

I'm glad that Tony will be back next week, and the return of Kim next week should make things rather interesting.

Two hours next week! Woo hoo!
Posted By: Scarface.1

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/28/06 04:19 PM

Best thing on television at the moment by far, i also saw this earlier:

1. If everyone on "24" followed Jack Bauer's instructions, it would be called "12".
2. If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
3. Upon hearing that he was played by Kiefer Sutherland, Jack Bauer killed Sutherland. Jack Bauer gets played by no man.
4. If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.
5. Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.
6. When Kim Bauer lost her virginity, Jack Bauer found it and put it back.
7. Jack Bauers calender goes from March 31st to April 2nd, no one fools Jack Bauer.
8. Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas.
9. 1.6 billion Chinese are angry with Jack Bauer. Sounds like a fair fight.
10. When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists. Jack Bauer fucking hates lemonade.
11. If it tastes like chicken, looks like chicken, and feels like chicken, but Jack Bauer says its beef. Then it's fucking beef.
12. Lets get one thing straight, the only reason you are conscious right now is because Jack Bauer does not feel like carrying you.
13. Jack Bauer played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.
14. Jack Bauer once won a game of Connect 4 in 3 moves.
15. Jack Bauer was never addicted to heroin. Heroin was addicted to Jack Bauer.
16. Osama bin Laden's recent proposal for truce is a direct result of him finding out that Jack Bauer is, in fact, still alive.
17. Jack Bauer removed the "Escape" button from his keyboard. Jack Bauer never needs to escape.
18. Jack Bauer is the leading cause of death in Middle Eastern men.
19. Jack Bauer doesn't miss. If he didn't hit you it's because he was shooting at another terrorist twelve miles away.
20. If you're holding a gun to Jack Bauer's head, don't count to three before you shoot. Count to 10. That way, you get to live 7 seconds longer.
21. Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry.
22. Every mathematical inequality officially ends with "< Jack Bauer".
23. When Google can't find something, it asks Jack Bauer for help.
24. If Rosa Parks was in Jack Bauer's seat, she'd move to the back of the bus.
25. Simon Says should be renamed to Jack Bauer Says because if Jack Bauer says something then you better fucking do it.
26. When President Palmer quit to start doing Allstate commercials, it took him 43 takes before he could stop saying, "You're in good hands with Jack Bauer".
27. Jack Bauer's favorite color is severe terror alert red. His second favorite color is violet, but just because it sounds like violent.
28. Jack Bauer arm once wrestled Superman. The stipulations were the loser had to wear his underwear on the outside of his pants.
29. Superman's only weakness is Kryptonite. Jack Bauer laughs at Superman for having a weakness.
30. When Jack Bauer was a child, he made his mother finish his vegetables.
31. Jack Bauer killed 93 people in just 4 days time. Wait, that is a real fact.
32. Jack Bauer once double teamed a girl.. by himself.
33. When you open a can of whoop-ass, Jack Bauer jumps out.
34. If Jack Bauer misspells a word, your dictionary is wrong.
35. Jesus died and rose from the dead in 3 days. It took Jack Bauer less than an hour. And he's done it twice.
36. In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 people and saved the world 4 times. What the fuck have you done with your life?
37. Jack Bauer can get McDonald's breakfast after 10:30.
38. There are no such thing as lesbians, just women who never met Jack Bauer.
39. When the boogie man goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Jack Bauer.
40. Due to Jack Bauer, no one looks forward to the weekend anymore, they look forward to the weekend being over, and watching 24 on Monday.
41. Jack Bauer uses #1 pencils on standardized tests.... Jack Bauer doesn't associate with anything that is #2.
42. Jack Bauer got Hellen Keller to talk.
43. Your attraction to Jack Bauer in no way affects your sexual orientation.
44. When Jack Bauer goes to the airport and the metal detector doesn't go off, security gives him a gun.
45. Jack Bauer and Chuck Norris were stuck in a room together once... After 3 minutes, Chuck Norris left crying without a scratch on him.
46. You can lead a horse to water. Jack Bauer can make him drink.
47. Jack Bauer once won a game of rock paper scissors using niether rock, paper nor scissors.
48. Guns dont kill people, Jack Bauer kills people.
49. Men are ok with their wives fantasizing about Jack Bauer during sex; because they are doing the same thing.
50. In kindergarten, Jack Bauer killed a terrorist for Show and Tell.
51. Jack Bauer knows Victoria's secret.
52. Jack Bauer has been to Mars. Thats why theres no life on Mars.
53. It is a known fact that when Time magazine awards "The Man of Year*", there is fine print on the bottom of the cover that says, " *besides Jack Bauer."
54. Finding Nemo would have been vastly more exciting had Jack Bauer been looking for him.
55. If Jack Bauer was gay, his name would be Chuck Norris.
56. Jack Bauer won the Tour de France on a unicycle to prove to Lance Armstrong it wasn't a big deal. He thinks yellow wristbands are gay.
57. If Jack Bauer saw a terrorist reaching for a bomb to blow himself up, Jack would shoot the bomb first. Nobody steals a kill from Jack Bauer.
58. If Jack and MacGyver were locked in a room together, Jack would make a bomb out of MacGyver and get out.
59. What color is Jack Bauer's blood? Trick question. Jack Bauer does not bleed.
60. During the 18 months Jack Bauer was believed dead, CTU saved over $1 billion on ammunition.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/07/06 12:59 AM

Ok, here we go, 2 hours tonight!

Cya in 2 hours!

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/07/06 03:02 AM

Edgar Styles

I really liked that guy.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/07/06 03:11 AM

Wow! What an incredible and emotional ending to that two hours of 24!

I really liked Edgar. He was so nice, and so loyal. No matter how much he and Chloe were at each other's throats, you could tell there was a definite camaraderie between the two of them. He really grew on me. I'm sad to see him go.

The confrontation between Jack and Kim was VERRRRY tense. This could get very interesting.

I'm glad Tony is getting back in the game. His presense was definitely missed.

Next week looks to be another rocket buster.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/07/06 02:54 PM

Kim's boyfriend, what's up with him?

Remember that Jack's ex CTU boss, the one that was involved with the terrorists, and that Jack captured, made a comment two times to Jack about how he and his wife looked after Kim after Jack was supposedly dead?

I'm wondering if Kim's boyfriend was planted by this guy for some reason or another. Hmmm.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/07/06 04:05 PM

I had that same feeling about Kim's boyfriend. According to Chris (the ex-CTU guy Jack captured), when Jack "died", Chase left her, and she hit rock bottom. I'm assuming that Chris set her up with this "therapist" and told him to keep an eye on her.

Also, seeing as he developed and supplied the terrorists with the nerve gas, and knows something so big that he's willing to lose his wife for it, I think he may have been in on the Palmer/Michelle hits. Which tells me that he may have had Kim's boyfriend there as a counselor to find out if she knew her father was alive. And he's been there ever since to make sure no contact came between Kim and Jack.

Bear in mind that when this Chris guy first came in the picture a couple episodes back, he said he didn't believe for a second that Jack was dead.

Of course this is all speculation, but that's what makes this show great. It leaves the viewer a lot of rope to try and fill in the holes themselves.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/14/06 04:15 PM

**************SPOILERS***************

Last night's episode was almost too much to handle! I was anxious throughout the whole thing. Probably the most anxiety inducing episode I've ever seen.

I thought the security guard was gonna kick Lynn's ass after finding out that it was his fault the attack on CTU occurred. But Lynn made up for it with his sacrifice at the end.

Kim is starting to piss me off. Yes, I understand that she's angry, upset, etc. because she didn't know her father was alive, but how many times does he (and everyone else) have to tell her that he did it so she'd be safe?! Two (maybe three, I'll get to that in a minute) of the four people who knew Jack were alive are dead now, simply for knowing about it. But she won't even accept that.

The final scene from last night was shocking, to say the least. Tony was about to murder Henderson, when he "miraculously" awoke from his coma, and stabbed him in the heart with the chest with the needle. Jack's tearful embrace at the end was almost heart-breaking in itself.

But I don't think Tony is dead.

Here are 5 reasons I found on TV.com why Tony Almeida isn't dead:

From TV.com

Five reasons why Tony Has a better than 50-50 shot of living: (courtesy of Merlin401, member of TV.com's forums)

#1) As per the trivia from this season's episode opener: "In addition, Carlos Bernard (Tony Almeida) is once again upped to series regular after being a Special Guest last season." I dont feel he'd be made a series REGULAR to appear in, what, 3 total episodes? IF he doesn't have a bigger role, he'd likely have been left at special guest star.

#2) Reading an interview somewhere earlier in which Tony was describing a practical joke he played on one of the actresses that she got angry over. That actress hasn't appeared on the show yet. So... that also makes me wonder.

#3) No silent clock. Proves nothing but if he were dead, it was a perfect spot for it.

#4) Needle was stabbed into the right side of his chest, not his heart. No idea if that matters and you may say he was planning on giving Chris a lethal dose BUT lets remember Christopher is pumped full with this stuff already. Maybe it would take a bit more to kill off Tony.

#5) Lastly, I just think the writers know what is 'overboard' and what is not. Killing off characters is important to the show. Killing off the 3 most loved characters after Jack is a bit much. Especially with them killing various other important people around them. The death rate is just too high.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/14/06 04:27 PM

Kim has been brainwashed by C. Thomas Howell, who in my opinon was planted to "watch" Kim by Henderson.

Homeland Security. The man who was in the van with the lady from Homeland Security, her aide, seems to me to be a mole. I didn't like all the questions that he was asking her, worried who he had to answer to at CTU and who would be in charge. I'm very suspicious of him.

That security guard broke my heart when he called his little girl when he knew that he was going to die. Heartbreaking, especially if you are a parent.

And thank God for the first lady! She should be the President.

President Palmer, Michelle, Edgar, Lynn, and now Tony?

I hope that you are right about Tony.

You never can tell with this show!

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/14/06 06:19 PM

Unfortunately, I was wrong about Tony.

FOX.com -- 24 -- Season 5 -- 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Scroll to the bottom of the page. I'm pretty sure that's all the confirmation we need that Tony is dead.

IMDb.com has him listed for the next three episodes, but I'm guessing it'll just be shots of his dead body.

In regards to the show, it's a great twist, because we all expected Tony to get his revenge. But it turns out he was a better man than that.

This season, better than any season before it, has displayed how self-destructive this job makes people. It destroys their lives, and the lives of the people they care about. This season may just turn out to be the most gripping yet.

Tony will be missed from the show. But it's just more fuel for Jack Bauer to continue being the bad ass that he is. His best friend is dead. Jack Bauer is about to go all Jack Bauer on some people's asses.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/21/06 03:02 AM

So, do you think that Audrey is dirty?

All of last season I kept telling my wife that I didn't trust Audrey.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/21/06 05:37 AM

Before tonight, I never suspected Audrey Raines of being dirty, not even for a second, and I really don't think she's completely dirty now. I'm thinking she's being used by the terrorists, that maybe they have something that's important to her, and they're threatening her with it. Kind of like last season, when Mandy and her boyfriend used Audrey's brother to gain access to Secretary Heller's schedule.

I was shocked when Collete uttered the name "Audrey Raines." She just doesn't seem the type to switch sides. Then again, deception is a big asset if you're a terrorist or are associated with terrorists.

I can't wait til next week's episode to find out. Another great episode tonight!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/04/06 02:28 AM

I forgot to post last week. I must be slippin'.

A brief rundown of my thoughts from last week's episode:

-- I really didn't think Audrey was capable of playing both sides, and I'm glad I was right. We found out that Henderson instructed Collete to use Audrey's name as a contigency plan, in the unlikely event that she was caught.

-- The final scenes from last week's episode were amazing. The explosion of the gas tanks at the distribution center, Jack barely making it out of there in time, only to chase down Bierko, and make it into his car just in time to shield himself and Bierko from the explosion. Incredible episode!

Now onto this week's episode:

CTU has been absorbed by Homeland Security. Audrey signed a paper that cost CTU any hope of refuting the decision. I understand she did it to keep Chloe at CTU, but it was still sad to see Bill Buchannan leave.

I KNEW that Logan was dirty! I knew it since last season! I didn't think he was directly involved with the whole terrorist plot, though. I can't wait to find out more next week!

This season just keeps getting better and better.
Posted By: Debra

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/08/06 02:20 PM

this thing with Logan makes no sense...I mean, how can u explain Cummings?

so basically we had Cummings working with terrorists behind the president's back....and at the same time we had Logan, the mastermind criminal working with terrorists as well....Cummings thinks hes fooling the president, but did Logan knew about Cummings?

- and are we to assume that Logan actually killed Cummings and it was not a suicide?

this all Logan/Cummings mess doesnt stir well...writers have a lot to explain next time....even for a show like 24, I'd say it still looks a little messed up.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/08/06 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra:
this thing with Logan makes no sense...I mean, how can u explain Cummings?

so basically we had Cummings working with terrorists behind the president's back....and at the same time we had Logan, the mastermind criminal working with terrorists as well....Cummings thinks hes fooling the president, but did Logan knew about Cummings?

- and are we to assume that Logan actually killed Cummings and it was not a suicide?

this all Logan/Cummings mess doesnt stir well...writers have a lot to explain next time....even for a show like 24, I'd say it still looks a little messed up.
Ahhh Debrs, Debra, how can you ever doubt the writers of 24? They leave no stone unturned and I know that all this will eventually come together. The writing on this show is simply fantastic.

Now as for Logan, how ironic that for almost two seasons we are shown a Logan who is basically an unstable man, unable to make decisions, and very wishy washy in almost everything he does. Basically he seemed like a real dumbass. And now we find out that this was all an act! Brilliantly written to make the viewer suspect everyone else, even the VP, but never even think of this guy.

I have to now believe that Logan was part of the plot to attack Air Force One last season, which left the then President incapcitated and enabled Logan to step up from VP to President!

It just gets better every week!

Don Cardi
Posted By: Debra

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/08/06 03:37 PM

Quote:
They leave no stone unturned

I dunno about that...still waiting to find out who the hell is "Max" - that guy from the 2nd season who was behind evrything, and also the one who sent Mandy to "shake hands" with Palmer at the end of season 2.

I think we might have seen/heard about him again since then...but he's still an 'unturned stone', is he not?

--as for Logan being part of the Air Force attack - I dont think so. Take a look at Logan's face when Keeler tells him on the phone to be ready to take over in case he wont make it.
This is a private call where no one sees Logan's face, and we see that hes genuinely shocked to hear the bad news from Keeler.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/08/06 03:59 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] They leave no stone unturned

I dunno about that...still waiting to find out who the hell is "Max" - that guy from the 2nd season who was behind evrything, and also the one who sent Mandy to "shake hands" with Palmer at the end of season 2.

I think we might have seen/heard about him again since then...but he's still an 'unturned stone', is he not?

--as for Logan being part of the Air Force attack - I dont think so. Take a look at Logan's face when Keeler tells him on the phone to be ready to take over in case he wont make it.
This is a private call where no one sees Logan's face, and we see that hes genuinely shocked to hear the bad news from Keeler. [/b][/quote]You just may find out who Max is by the end of this season, or the middle of next season. Remember we saw Mandy early in season one, and then what, didn't see her, as you said, all the way until the very last episode of season 2. Then not again until they wrapped it up with her at the end of last season.

So when you really think about it, the writers don't leave any stones unturned--- although they may not turn them over until two or three seasons later!

I don't know about Logan. You make a very good point about it being a private call. Perhaps the look of shock on his face is really one of "I don't believe that I went through with this," or perhaps one of " Damn, I didn't think that it would go this far." But it wouldn't make sense if he were not somehow involved, somehow, last season with the terrorist plots.

Do you think that he may have legitimatley stepped into the Presidential position last season, because of what took place, and only now began to plot with the terrorists?
You could be correct, but for some reason I think it goes back farther than just this day. Remember, this is all taking place within 24 hours right now, so surely Logan had to start dealing with terrorists in the past.

We'll see.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/08/06 04:09 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] They leave no stone unturned

[/b][/quote]We find out who Max is and what his involvement in season 2 was in "24: The Game", which was released for the PS2 a few months ago.

From Wikipedia

A wealthy, mysterious man who is believed to be behind the nuclear bomb that was detenated in Los Angeles during Day 2. Max is also a very large weapons dealer and smuggler with connections and clients in the Middle East. Himself, along with Alexander Trepkos, and Peter Kingsley were invloved in the conspiracy to fabricate evidence that made it look like three Middle Eastern countries' govenments were behind the bomb. Thus forcing the U.S. to retaliate against the countries which would result in Max gaining a very large enconomic advantage from the foreign oil in the three countries, and forcing his clients to purchase more of the weapons Max was dealing. When Jack Bauer and CTU discovered the evidence was sent up, they were able to contact the White House and stop the attack and invasion of the Middle East. When Max and Trepkos found out Kingsley had been killed and that the war was not going to occur, Max apparently ordered an assassination attempt on President David Palmer. Palmer did survive but the government never found out who really was behind the bomb and the assassination attempt. While Max is revealed to be the mastermind behind the day's threat, Trepkos neither appears nor is mentioned in the game.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/08/06 04:32 PM

Here's a basic rundown of the plot for 24: The Game:

From faqs.ign.com

*********************SPOILER ALERT***********************

CTU gets a lead by a caller that does not give his identity. He says that there is a ricin bomb at the harbor, so CTU sends in a team of agents lead by CTU Agent Jack Bauer. Jack commands team b to cover another entrance, so no one can escape. Doing so, team b commander trips a laser, resulting in an alarm going off. While the ship is on high alert, Jack heads in with a bomb team. While protecting his colleagues, he finds the bomb and the team defuses it.

He contacts Tony and tells him about his discovery.

Meanwhile, CTU Washington Agent Chase Edmunds contacts CTU Analyst Chloe O'Brian. His phone call is being traced, so the terrorists try to contact a man named Peter Madsen in LA. Chase locks town the facility and kills all of the
terrorists.

Tony, Jack, and Michelle go on many pointless leads that sums up nothing. Then Kim Bauer enters CTU, anticipating her job as an analyst in CTU. When she enters, Peter Madsen and his squadron of terrorists invade CTU. Tony is away
following a lead, so Michelle escorts Kim to M8, a panic room. When they arrive, Kim goes in but Michelle is held captive. Tony tells Kim to lockdown CTU, while he and Jack plot a way into CTU undetected. She is caught after
locking down CTU and held captive.

Jack takes out Peter's chopper on the CTU rooftop, but Madsen escapes with Kim by vehicle. With him is Agent Edmunds, now in LA after a flight for Washington.

Jack later gets Kim back from Madsen's facility near a drainage ditch. When he is contacted by Tony, Jack learns of Madsen's next terrorist plot.

Jack is at a bomb site underground, where Madsen is plotting to start an earthquake by blowing up a bomb in an underground hotspot. Jack and a bomb expert fail to defuse it, resulting in an earthquake. He must now return to CTU
under orders by Division chief Ryan Chappele. But on the way he gets a phone call from Kate Warner.

Kate is trapped in a subway station. Madsen soon kidnaps her to lure Jack to him. Jack follows him and chases him in a car throughout a devastated LA, from the earthquake. Madsen soon escapes in a chopper.

Tony gets a lead from the California governor James Radford's assistant. When he gets to the meeting place, he is ambushed by a chopper. Radford's assistant is brutally killed. She tells him to check the governor's safe.

Tony finds the safe and Radford at the State house. Radford is assassinated by Mandy, the assassin that attempted to kill Palmer in Season 2. He finds evidence that proves the Governor guilty of terrorism.

Jack and Chase team up at a military base and take back a stolen document. They learn that they kidnapped Kate to blackmail Bob Warner to allow them to ship out nuclear contraband without trouble from port authority. Jack and Chase take down Madsen and foil the terrorist plot.

Tony heads to the docks by chopper to tell Jack of Kate's location. They head to a in the ocean. After Chase takes out terrorists so Jack can enter the area, Jack finds Kate held hostage by a terrorist. Jack gets shot in the stomach, but kills the terrorists. Kate and Jack leave the yacht, with Tony and Chase in the chopper. It's now sunrise.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 09/13/06 03:48 PM

24: Prepare to meet Jack Bauer's Dad

From tv.ign.com

Quote:
September 12, 2006 - Though the premiere is still months away in January, filming is well underway on 24's sixth season, and cast announcements continue to be made.

Two new big ones were revealed this week, when it was announced that James Cromwell (LA Confidential / Star Trek: First Contact) and Eddie Izzard (Shadow of the Vampire) would be joining the cast. Cromwell, an Oscar nominee for his performance as Farmer Hoggett in Babe, will play a very notable role; Philip Bauer, the father of Kiefer Sutherland's Jack Bauer.

Acclaimed British comedian Izzard meanwhile will play a "villainous accomplice" named Darren McCarthy.

Other recently announced cast additions include Peter MacNicol (Numb3rs), Regina King (Jerry Maguire), Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle), Marisol Nichols (In Justice), Alexander Siddig (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) and Harry Lennix (Commander in Chief).

It is also known that Eric Balfour (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre) will return in his season one role of Milo Pressman, while Carlo Rota (introduced at the end of season five) will have an expanded role as Chloe's ex-husband Morris.

The press release announcing Cromwell and Izzard's addition to the cast also provides the biggest description yet of what returning characters will be involved this season, and where they are when we catch up with them, while still remaining vague enough to account for many 24 surprises to come.

From the press release:

"Season five concluded with a battered and bloodied Bauer captured by Chinese government agents and headed for points unknown. Season six picks up 20 months later. Wayne Palmer (DB Woodside), the strong-minded brother of the late President David Palmer, is now himself the President of the United States, while his sister, Sandra Palmer (Regina King), is a determined and powerful advocacy lawyer. After a series of horrific terrorist attacks, Palmer and his team of advisors, Karen Hayes (Jayne Atkinson) and Thomas Lennox (Peter MacNicol) - as well as CTU colleagues Chloe O'Brian (Mary Lynn Rajskub), Curtis Manning (Roger Cross) and Bill Buchanan (James Morrison) - begin an unthinkable, nail-biting day."
James Cromwell as Jack's dad doesn't sound too bad...but it would have been cool to see Donald Sutherland land the role. I dug Cromwell's performances in Babe and The Green Mile.

Last season was great...but I have a feeling Season 6 is gonna suffer with the absense of its key characters from seasons past (Michelle and Tony especially...not to mention President David Palmer.)

Who knows, though? They always seem to pull out all the stops. And HEY! Milo is returning. He was one of my favorite characters from season 1...and I felt he should have returned in season 2. Although if that had happened...he'd probably be dead now.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 10/25/06 03:10 PM

Season 6 Trailer of 24!

Jack Bauer must die?!

I know Kiefer has signed on for 2 or 3 more seasons...but he has stated in interviews that it doesn't necessarily mean he will appear in the next 2 or 3 seasons...just that they can use him if they so choose.

And Wayne Palmer is the new President of the United States. Its been rumored that he may end up as RFK to David Palmer's JFK (if that makes any sense.)

Two more months!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/10/07 07:31 AM

Just a reminder (yea...like the fans need to be reminded ), the 4-hour season premier of 24 begins this Sunday, with 2 hours on Sunday starting at 8 pm/7c, and another 2 hours on Monday at 8 pm/7c.

After last year's blockbuster season, what do Jack Bauer and the rest of the Counter Terrorist Unit have in store for us this season? Here's a re-cap of what went down last season:

From Wikipedia

SPOILER ALERT

Quote:
Major Plots

Much like previous seasons, the season can be divided into several acts:

• Episodes 1-2: Jack Bauer is framed for the murders of former US President David Palmer and ex-CTU agent Michelle Dessler, along with the attempted murder of her husband and fellow ex-CTU agent Tony Almeida.
  • Episodes 3-4: Terrorists, led by James Nathanson, use the above plot as a diversion to take 40 people hostage inside Ontario International Airport in California.
  • Episodes 5-15: Terrorists, led by Vladimir Bierko, use the above plot as a diversion to steal 20 canisters of Sentox VX1 nerve gas. The gas is deployed at the following locations:
    * Sunrise Hills Shopping Mall (partially successful - leading to 11 deaths)
    * Tyler Memorial Hospital (failed largely because of Curtis Manning)
    * CTU (mostly successful - leading to 56 deaths, including Edgar Stiles)
    * Wilshire Gas Co. (failed - 16 of the remaining 17 canisters were used here, Bierko captured)

• Episodes 16-21: Believing that all the nerve gas was incinerated at the gas company, Jack moves to bring the guilty parties to justice. Through the assistance of Wayne Palmer (David Palmer's brother) and Evelyn Martin (Special Assistant to the First Lady), Jack discovers that President Charles Logan is responsible for the attacks. Unbeknownst to everyone else, there is a secret group of men who monitor and influence the actions of Logan, led by a man known only as Graham. Jack finally obtains a recording that implicates Logan, however it is later corrupted by Miles Papazian at CTU, rendering it useless.
  • Episodes 22-23: Bierko escapes CTU custody, and uses his last nerve gas container to take over a Russian submarine and gain control of twelve multiple-warhead non-nuclear missiles, each one capable of wiping out approximately seven city blocks. After cutting a deal with Christopher Henderson, Jack and Henderson together stop the attack from the submarine, and kill Bierko and his men. During a final standoff, Jack kills Henderson as well.
  • Episodes 23-24: Jack devises a plan with Chloe to implicate President Logan. Jack kidnaps President Logan, and appears to use this as the way to get a confession. Jack fails, but unbeknownst to everyone besides the First Lady, Mike Novick, Jack, and Chloe, this is all a diversion to place a microphone on the President. The First Lady gets Logan to confess to her everything that has happened as Chloe records it. After playing the confession for the Attorney General, the Secret Service and Federal Marshals take Logan into custody.
  • Final Twist: Jack gets captured by the Chinese who have learned he is still alive. They still want him for the death of the Chinese Consul who was killed in Season 4, and presumably, to extract U.S. government and military secrets for the Chinese government. The season ends with Jack being taken away on a Chinese cargo ship, seemingly destined for Shanghai, moving slowly out into the realms of the Pacific Ocean. This is a reference to the end of Season 4, where the Chinese embassy threatens the CTU agent with transport in a Chinese cargo ship and spending the rest of his life in a slave labor camp.

Subplots

• The four people who know Jack faked his death are all assassination targets. David Palmer and Michelle Dessler are killed. Tony Almeida was killed later in the day. Chloe was attacked, but saved by Jack.
  • Jack comes into contact with people who thought he was dead, including his daughter Kim Bauer and former girlfriend Audrey Raines.
  • Jack is twice falsely accused of the murder of David Palmer.
  • Terrorists take hostages at Ontario Airport as a diversion to acquire nerve gas.
  • The terrorists, led by Vladimir Bierko, try to kill the Russian President and his wife.
  • CTU tries to stop Bierko from releasing the nerve gas canisters.
  • Logan's Chief of Staff, Walt Cummings, is revealed to be involved in the conspiracy to kill Palmer and provide the terrorists with nerve gas. He is found dead shortly after of an apparent suicide. Later on in the season, Christopher Henderson admits that he suggested Cummings should be killed and made to look like he committed suicide, under orders from Graham's cabal.
  • A power conflict develops between new CTU director Lynn McGill and Bill Buchanan.
  • McGill's arrogance is his undoing. It results in both the loss of his job and eventually his death.
  • Chloe has to cope with the death of Edgar Stiles. In addition, the man she earlier slept with turns out to be a mole.
  • Jack's attempt to reconnect with Kim is unsuccessful; she wants time before he is in her life again.
  • Tony Almeida is murdered by the man responsible for his wife's death, Christopher Henderson.
  • President Logan signs a treaty of alliance with Russia, which is thought to be the motive behind the day's events.
  • The First Lady attempts to correct the President's perceived mistakes.
  • The seemingly ineffective President Logan is revealed as an orchestrator in the day's events.
  • Chloe, and later Audrey go against their superiors to help Jack, leading to officials from the Department of Homeland Security attempting to use Audrey to their advantage.
  • Homeland Security divides internally when Karen Hayes begins working against her assistant Miles Papazian in order to aid Jack.
  • The Vice President convinces the president to impose martial law on the city of Los Angeles without approval from Congress.
  • Aaron Pierce mysteriously disappears shortly before he was to reveal Logan's involvement to Martha.
  • An unknown group, led by a man named Graham, are revealed to be controlling Logan's actions.
  • The First Lady eventually discovers Logan is responsible for Palmer's death and falls into despair.
  • Audrey copes with the apparent death of her father, Secretary of Defense James Heller, who was later found alive and hospitalized.
  • Logan attempts to use all of his power to prevent Jack from releasing evidence.
  • Logan prepares to commit suicide but gets a reprieve from an unexpected source, Miles Papazian.
  • Vladimir Bierko escapes while being transported from CTU to a regional holding facility.
  • CTU enlists the assistance of Christopher Henderson in order to discover Bierko's next plan.
  • Bierko attempts to unleash an even deadlier weapon, in the form of a Russian submarine armed with warheads.
  • The Chinese, remembering the invasion of their consulate and accidental killing of the Chinese Consul, kidnap and torture Jack Bauer at the end of the season, leaving a cliffhanger for next season.

The big theme they're pushing for season 6 is "Jack Bauer Must Die."

Where will they go with this? It's 24 we're talking about, so God only knows.

One question I've been asking myself for the past few years is "When the hell is Jack gonna say 'enough is enough. I'm done putting my ass on the line. I've lost my wife, my daughter, my best friends. The hell with this!'"

Don Cardi, I know you're looking forward to Sunday just as much as I am. Any thoughts?

Any other 24 fans out there? Please, post your thoughts!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/10/07 02:58 PM

I did not read the spoilers that you posted ( thanks for positng spoiler alert btw) but I cannot wait for the season to begin. I don't know if you included this in your spoilers, but from what I've seen on the commercials for this upcoming season, it looks to me as though David Palmer's brother is the new President Of The United States and that the terrorist attacks are not in Los Angeles as they've been since the show's inception.

Can't wait till sunday.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/10/07 08:01 PM

No need to worry about those spoilers, Don Cardi. They were a recap of season 5. I put the spoiler warning for those who hadn't yet watched the 5th season.

And yes, DC...it's pretty much been confirmed that Wayne Palmer is the new President of the United States. D.B Woodside has been excellent in the role of President David Palmer's brother, and I think it'll be interesting to see how his role as President will play out. He was just the kind of Chief of Staff David Palmer needed in season 3. He's a wartime politician, able to deal with terror threats just like his brother.

I've also read that a character from the first season will be making a return. Milo Pressman (whom was the independent technological contractor CTU called in to help during Day 1) will be returning, as the replacement of Edgar Stiles. Also, Morris O'Brien (Chloe's ex-husband, introduced late last season) will now be working at CTU.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/15/07 03:14 AM

XDCX -

It's back alright! What a 2 hour opening, huh? I can't wait for tomorrow night's episode. How is it that a show can just get better and better every season? This one looks to be full of many different plots, sub plots, twists and turns.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/15/07 05:24 AM

Indeed, it was a great 2 hour season finale! The image of Jack stepping off that plane...beaten, weathered, worn...it was a very powerful moment.

MINOR SPOILERS

One VERY interesting new facet this season is seeing the more "human" side of Jack Bauer. After being detained in a Chinese prison for almost two years, where he underwent intense interrogations (read: torture), there's a moment where Jack questions whether or not he's cut out for this anymore. Jack's always been this unstoppable force...willing to go so far as commit treason and go against Presidential orders to get the job done. But you gotta assume after being on the receiving end of the interrogations for the better part of two years...it's gotta be tough to be the one inflicting the punishment.

Tomorrow's 2-hour conclusion to the finale looks to be another rocket-buster. The wait for the season premier has been WELL worth it. I can't wait!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/15/07 09:09 AM

I FINALLY watched not 1 but my 2 very firest episdoes of 24 on TV. Now that I have TiVo, I'll probably tape the season so I don't have to wait until December for the DVD.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/16/07 03:17 AM

Addicting, isn't it Irish?

DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T BEGUN WATCHING THIS SEASON

XDCX -

I'm so upset and mad. Curtis was my FAVORITE character next to Jack! Did they really have to kill him off the show? He was the closest thing to being the agent that Jack was!

I told my wife from the begining of the show that there was some kind of history between Curtis and the terrorist that is supposedly trying to reform. You could see it in his eyes.

Something tells me that the guy trying to reform is a part of this whole plan to take out the country.

Can't wait till next week.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/16/07 04:01 AM

SPOILER WARNING (for those who haven't watched the first 4 episodes of this season)

-

-

-

-

-

I literally shot up off the sofa and put my hands over my mouth when I saw Jack shoot Curtis. And the look in Curtis' eyes was that of utter shock...and heartbreak. I don't know what the Chinese did to Jack for the 20 months he was detained, but he's definitely a changed man.

Overall, though, this may have been the best season premier yet of 24...even rivaling last season's shocking premier. This is absolutely the best, quickest, and most heart-pounding hour on television. I ask myself at the beginning of every season if the writers can still come up with compelling storylines...and luckily for us fans...they haven't disappointed.

The nuclear explosion at the end of the fourth hour really sums up the conclusion of this season premier.

However...like you DC, I'm shocked and saddened at the loss of Curtis Manning. He, too, was one of my favorite characters next to Jack. Hell...my three favorite characters on the show PERIOD (next to Jack) have been killed off in the last two seasons (President David Palmer, Tony Almeida, and now Curtis.)

I had a feeling Curtis would be killed off this season...but not this early. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake to get rid of him so soon.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/16/07 04:05 AM

SPOILER WARNING!!!

I too was shocked when he shot him. Tell me something, did anyone confirm Curtis as being dead? I don't recall now. Hmmmm.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/16/07 04:14 AM

SPOILER WARNING

I was thinking the exact same thing, DC. Wikipedia has Curtis as being deceased...but I haven't found anything confirming on 24's official site. The fact that no one confirmed the kill, and the way Curtis collapsed...I think it can definitely be left open to interpretation. Take last season for example, when Secretary Heller drove his car off a cliff into the water below. Everyone assumed he had died...but we find out later that he survived.

You never know with this show! That's what I love about it.

***EDIT***

Wikipedia has now changed Curtis' status from "Deceased" to "Active"...so it's probably not safe to assume that he's either alive or dead. Hopefully the official website will have the answer up by tomorrow.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/16/07 07:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

It is but now I have to wait week after week for another episode. I've been spoiled with the DVD's were I could watch 3 or 4 episodes in 1 sitting

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/16/07 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Irishman12

It is but now I have to wait week after week for another episode. I've been spoiled with the DVD's were I could watch 3 or 4 episodes in 1 sitting

I know exactly what you mean. That happened with me with the first season. I bought the DVD set and watched 3 - 4 episodes at a time, and then once season 2 started, the weeks wait between episodes was killing me.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/16/07 03:40 PM

SPOILER WARNING

Fox's official 24 website, and 24.Wika.com have pretty much confirmed it. Curtis Manning is dead.

However...like last season with Tony, we'll probably have to wait until next week's episode, or a later episode, for his death to be confirmed.

In any case, Curtis' character will definitely be missed.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/16/07 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: XDCX
[b]However...like you DC, I'm shocked and saddened at the loss of Curtis Manning. He, too, was one of my favorite characters next to Jack. Hell...my three favorite characters on the show PERIOD (next to Jack) have been killed off in the last two seasons (President David Palmer, Tony Almeida, and now Curtis.)

I don't know why but they're REALLY killing off a lot of the originals (President Palmer, Tony, Michelle, Edgar, Curtis, etc.). I also agree XDCX, I will miss Curtis as he was one of my favorites, along with President David Palmer, and of course Kim Bauer. I hope she's in this season more than 2 episodes but I HIGHLY doubt it (she's been doing less and less as the seasons move on) However, a nice addition to the show (at least for me) is Peter MacNicol who plays Thomas Lennox for President Wayne Palmer. I've always loved this guy since I saw him in Ghostbusters II.
Posted By: olivant

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/17/07 01:14 AM

About a year ago I started writing a short story about political disintegration in the US and an attempted assasination of the President. The story includes the detonation of a small nuclear device in Dallas. I think I'll sue 24.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/23/07 03:13 AM

How great and unpredictable is this show? Just when you thought that there were no surpises left, they throw the biggest curveball yet with who turns out to be Jack's brother! I almost jumped out of my chair.

Just some really fantastic writing.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/23/07 04:12 AM

SPOILER ALERT

Wow! Talk about a curveball! Graham Bauer! I never would have guessed it in a million years.

And Graham being Jack's brother stands up to scrutiny. There's nothing from last season to suggest that Graham can't be Jack's brother.

You're right, DC! The writing for this show is fantastic.

It's gonna be interesting getting to meet Jack's family. It opens up a lot of doors in regards to story. It's gonna be interesting seeing this new side to Jack Bauer.

We get to meet Jack's father next week! Can't wait!
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/05/07 01:46 PM

Ok, I haven't read this thread because I haven't seen 24, just heard a lot of good things about it. I hate having storylines spoiled for me, but had to check in here. Last week a friend of mine was talking about how good it was. I told her I always wanted to see it, but didn't want to get into it somewhere in the middle.
She said she had season 1 & 3 and the next day brought Season One to work and told me to watch it.

Let me tell you, I nearly watched it nonstop all weekend. I hadn't done that since I rented the first season of The Sopranos. It was great!!! Talk about non-stop, edge of your seat action. I kept thinking, we'll I'll just watch a couple episodes but nope, I had to see what happened, and only have one disc left to watch (4 episodes).

Are all the seasons as good, or is the first the best? I know I'm way behind you guys, but just had to weigh in and let you know that so far, it is a great series.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/05/07 03:14 PM

Well what a pleasant surprise it is to see you here, TIS!

The first season of 24 is one doozy of a premiere season, but rest assured TIS...the show gets better as the seasons progress. My personal favorite is season 2, and judging by how much you are enjoying season 1...I'm fairly certain you won't be able to stop until you've devoured the entire series!

I'm so glad you've stumbled onto this show, TIS! It's my favorite series on television, and you'll soon fully realize what all the fuss is about!

DC...I think we have a new recruit!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/05/07 03:50 PM

DC...I think we have a new recruit!

Yes we do.

If memory serves me correctly, this same lady was not watching Sopranos when I met her for the very first time in Chicago, and I told her that she would love that show if she watched it.

Remember TIS?

I am with XDCX here. TIS, you will NOT be dissapointed in the other seasons of "24". GO FOR IT!

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/06/07 01:59 AM

I do remember DC! As soon as I saw the first season of The Sopranos via another friend, I was hooked and got HBO immediately.

I know you guys are so far ahead of me here, so let me just say throw in a couple general comments so as not to start a topic on season one.

The pace of the show is so fast. It seems something is always happening. You think it's "this person" only to find out it's that person; You get comfortable with one of the characters only to be surprised at the end result. I can't tell you how many times I said to myself "OMG" or "no way." Ha ha. A true roller coaster ride.

When Jack Bauer says at the beginning, "I'm Jack Bauer and this is the longest day of my life", he isn't kidding. Talk about a bad day!

Don't worry, at this rate, I'll probably watch one season every weekend. I'll catch up!!! The really really good thing about that is watching a complete season without having to wait each week. I know now why everyone is so anxious to see the next episode.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/06/07 12:29 PM

TIS -

I did not watch the first season when it was originally broadcast on television. I used to watch another show that was on at the same time. However my wife watched "24" and she always used to tell me that I should watch it because I would love it.

So I went out and bought the first season. I remember that I was home from work one monday and it was a really rainy day. So that morning I began to watch Season 1. To make a long story short I think that I watched about 15 episodes in one day! Everytime that an episode ended, I said to myself, "oh, I'll just watch one more," and before I knew it I had watched 15 of them.

Keep in mind that the show is a fast paced show because it is supposed to be happwning in real time. So when a week goes by for us, only an hour has actually gone by in real time for the characters on the show.

It keeps you on the edge of your seat, huh? Wait. You ain't seen nothing yet!

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/06/07 12:41 PM

I didn't start watching until about 3/4 of the way through season 2. Even though I had no earthly idea what the hell was going on...I was absolutely captivated. Needless to say...I was on my sofa with a big bowl of popcorn when season 3 premiered.

Last night's episode was really good. If there were an Emmy award for "TV's Most Dysfunctional Family", the Bauer family would probably take home the trophy!

I'm trying to get my girlfriend to watch it...but she's absolutely not interested in it! One of these days, though...

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/06/07 01:46 PM

Well, I finished Season One yesterday!! Excellent. The dilemma now is to schedule a time for Season 2. I concluded that each episode, without commercials is about 40 minutes, but it seems like they're over in 20.

XDCX, Season One ended with Mrs. Bauer dying, or so it seemed. You mentioned how the Bauer "family" gets the award for being the most dysfunctional??? Hmmmmm. Makes me conclude that perhaps Jack's wife isn't dead. Although it sure seemed like she was. Don't tell me, just let me blab. Doesn't take long to figure out to expect the unexpected with this show.

Not too many well-knowns on the show, but it was good to see Lou Diamond Phillips again, and Dennis Hopper? He is so perfect at playing a villian, although his accent didn't sound quite right to me. Who would have thought that Easy Rider's drugged out hippie would be making commercials on retirement. I get a kick out of that commercial every time I see it.

Anyway, season two, here I come.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/07/07 04:27 PM

Season 1 had one of the best twists in the series, with Nina Myers being the traitor. The writers did a remarkable job with her being suspected early on...only to be dismissed as a suspect. The viewer cancels her out as the traitor...and then BAM! The phone call with Drazen.

I'm very sure you'll enjoy season 2. A number of very shocking things happen. And continue to expect the unexpected...because that's what this show is all about! That's one of the many reasons I love it.

And as for the "Bauer family", well...you'll just have to wait and see.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/07/07 07:43 PM

SPOILERS

Was anyone else not surprised by Miles being the engineer? Once I saw him leave and kiss Chloe, I began to think he was leaving at too "convenient" a time. For me at least it's getting harder to trick the audience (let's get real, it IS season 6) but Jack's father (James Cromwell) at the end with his other son was a nice turn

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/08/07 12:01 AM

TIS -

There should be a bonus disc with the season one set that let's you view an alternate ending to season one. Check it out.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/08/07 12:09 AM

I've seen that Don Cardi and I thought it was lame. I'm glad they went with the ending they went with since it's set up the frame work for the entire series

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/08/07 12:13 AM

Yes, I agree with you. But at the time of filming, they weren't sure if Jack's wife was going to re-sign with them or not, so they shot two different endings.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/08/07 02:21 AM

Well I've told everyone my personal favorite season of 24. How about you Irish? DC?

I like the fact this thread is seeing some action lately.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/08/07 02:24 AM

Having only seen the first season, I'm curious as well what all of you think. The thought of all the seasons being as good as the first one, well, it's hard to imagine.

What I don't understand is, I knew of the series since it premiered, even though I didn't watch it. When I brought the DVD back to work to give back to my friend, a couple teachers saw it on the desk and said, "I never heard of it." I'm thinking because it's not on the regular stations maybe (ABC,CBS,NBC). I don't know.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/08/07 02:26 AM

Well I've told everyone my personal favorite season of 24. How about you Irish? DC?

I like the fact this thread is seeing some action lately.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I've seen all of the seasons but they've been years ago and I can hardly remember what happened in seasons 2 or 3. As of now, I'd say season 1 just because it was so fresh and original (and you didn't mind seeing Kim get kidnapped). By season 3, it wears off pretty quickly

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/08/07 02:33 AM

It's on FOX which is a major station. It's been one of the most talked about TV shows for the last 6 years. These people must be living on another planet!

TIS -

Don't fool yourself into thinking that the other seasons are not as good as the first one. The writers just keep comng up with these plots that have more twists and turns than you could ever imagine.

And here's a little hint. Try to pay attention to the minor characters in the show. Those minor characters that may have been in the third episode of one season, may just pop up in the next to last episode of another season. You never know.

Remember, a whole season is really only 24 hours, one day.

EDIT : Truthfully XDCX, I've enjoyed them all. Of course the first one was great because of the whole Nina Meyers thing. But I can't really say that I have a favorite as I really enjoyed them all.

Now I have to get ready to go and watch my second favorite show on TV, "LOST"

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/08/07 02:42 AM

Ok, without going into any detail, season two be the next day then right? And, like season one was about the kidnapping and the CA Presidential primary...will season two be another set of problems and/or storyline or will it continue with the same two topics??? Know what I mean? Yes or no will suffice if it'll give too much away.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/08/07 02:51 AM

Now I have to get ready to go and watch my second favorite show on TV, "LOST"

My favorite show on TV, The Shield, won't be on until at least March or April

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/08/07 02:51 AM

Without giving too much away...season 2 (or day 2, as it were) takes place about a year...year and a half after season 1 (day 1) ends.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/10/07 05:20 AM

Ah 24 rocks, got hooked on season 2 dvd's, been watching it since.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/10/07 01:18 PM

Anyone catch this news story about how military and FBI officials have asked the producers of 24 to tone it down with the torture scenes because it's giving the United States a bad reputation, sending the wrong idea out about our methods of interrogation, and influencing military trainees to use torture?

Defense bigs ask '24'
to cool it on torture

BY OWEN MORITZ
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

The grossly graphic torture scenes in Fox's highly rated series "24" are encouraging abuses in Iraq, a brigadier general and three top military and FBI interrogators claim.
The four flew to Los Angeles in November to meet with the staff of the show. They said it is hurting efforts to train recruits in effective interrogation techniques and is damaging the image of the U.S. around the world, according The New Yorker.

"I'd like them to stop," Army Brig. Gen. Patrick Finnegan, dean of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, told the magazine.

Finnegan and others told the show's creative team that the torture depicted in "24" never works in real life, and by airing such scenes, they're encouraging military personnel to act illegally.

"People watch the shows, and then walk into the interrogation booths and do the same things they've just seen," said Tony Lagouranis, who was a U.S. Army interrogator in Iraq and attended the meeting.

"The kids see it, and say, 'If torture is wrong, what about '24'?" Finnegan said.

The show's co-creator and executive director, Joel Surnow, 52, a self-described "right-wing nut," seemed stunned by the complaints, but gave no hint that the torture scenes would be toned down - or shown not to work. "We've had all of these torture experts come by recently, and they say, 'You don't realize how many people are affected by this. Be careful,'" Surnow conceded. "But I don't believe that."

Kiefer Sutherland, who is reportedly paid $10 million a year to play agent Jack Bauer, admits to being "anti-torture" and "leaning toward the left." He says he tries to tell people the show "is just entertainment."

Joe Navarro, an FBI interrogation expert who was at the meeting, said he wouldn't want anyone like Bauer on his team. "Only a psychopath can torture and be unaffected," he said. "You don't want people like that in your organization. They are untrustworthy, and tend to have grotesque other problems."

Bauer, as a counterterrorism agent, has just 24 hours to stop a terrorist plot endangering the U.S. and invariably chooses torture to force suspects to divulge critical secrets.

Originally published on February 10, 2007

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/10/07 05:29 PM

I read something about that a couple days ago. I also heard that FOX took A LOT of flack for the "explosive ending" of episode 4 this season. Some gov't big wigs have been on the producers' backs since the beginning. At first...it was because they felt that it cast a bad image on Arab-Americans, it scared American's into thinking that the things that happen on the show could happen at any minute, and that terrorists actually WATCH 24...and get ideas from it.

Now that last one has me baffled.

As stated in the article you posted...Kiefer Sutherland (who plays Jack Bauer...for the 3 people in the world who don't know ) has stated that he's against torture. But again...like he said...it's television. People watch TV, read books, and play video games so they can escape from the real-world for a little while. Some of the things that happen on the show are truly frightening, but that's one of the things that makes it so compelling. Feeling afraid...but knowing that you're completely safe. That's why people love horror movies.

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything from Hilary Clinton or Joe Lieberman on this issue.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/10/07 08:05 PM

But again...like he said...it's television. People watch TV, read books, and play video games so they can escape from the real-world for a little while. Some of the things that happen on the show are truly frightening, but that's one of the things that makes it so compelling. Feeling afraid...but knowing that you're completely safe. That's why people love horror movies.

I agree. It IS television, it IS entertainment, get over it people. Quite your whining so others who enjoy it can continue to your enjoyment without your censorship!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/10/07 08:54 PM

SPOILERS **** SPOILERS **** SPOILERS **** SPOILERS

I always found it funny that the governement and the Arab leaders condemned the show because they claimed that it discriminated against the Arabs showing them a terrorists!

Menawhile there is never any mention about the Arab characters who work for CTU and have helped the American people in the show.

NOTE: DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU ARE NOT CAUAGHT UP TO THIS SEASON'S EPISODES!

And as far as the writers only showing Arabs as terrorists, that's a bunch of bullshit too because we've been shown a terrorst attack carried out by Russian terrorists and another attack carried out by white supremist type americans. And Victor Drazen (Dennis Hopper) wasn't an Arab! He was a serb. Heck, last years whole storyline was based around a crooked American President who was in cahoots with an american consortium that was behind the terrorist attacks period.

So the accusations made by the Arab leaders, that "24" is an anti Arab show, is pure bullshit.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/14/07 02:16 PM

Ok, I've just finished watching season 2. I'm addicted. Season one was a little better, BUT especially the last few episodes in two, kept me on the edge of my seat.

You guys snowed in, it's a good time to rent 24 if you haven't already seen it. I love it!!!!!

I have a long weekend, and hope to rent season 3. A friend of mine has 4/5, and I will borrow those. I guess I'll just see six when it's on video and will never have to wait each week to see what happens.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/14/07 04:22 PM

I'm glad you enjoyed season 2, TIS! I knew once you started watching...you wouldn't be able to stop. It's happened to me and everyone else I know who loves this show!

FOR THOSE WHO'VE NOT YET SEEN SEASON 2, SPOILER ALERT!!

Season 2 is a shocking (and great) season for many reasons. Seeing Jack at the beginning, with a scruffy beard and flannel jacket was rather jarring. He definitely looked like a man who lost everything. What wasn't so shocking was finding out out he no longer worked for CTU.

Jack murdering that federal witness when he arrives back at CTU, and then asking for a hacksaw was classic. The exchange between Jack and George Mason was classic, as well:

(after Jack shoots the witness)

George Mason: Are you OUT of your MIND?

Jack Bauer: That's the problem with people like you, George. You want results, but you never want to get your hands dirty.

In fact, George Mason alone is the main reason seasons 1 & 2 are my favorites. Xander Berkley was absolutely fantastic as George, and his final scene with Jack in Season 2 was heartbreaking. It's a shame he was killed off so early on in the series.

And there was also the conspiracy of the NSA smuggling a nuclear warhead onto U.S. soil and giving it to terrorists, the shocking scene where we find out that it was in fact Marie Warner who was linking Warner Industries to the terrorists, and not Reza Naiyeer. Talk about a curve ball!

The two biggest shocks of them all were the nuclear bomb actually exploding on U.S. soil (albeit in the desert), and President Palmer's cabinet invoking Section 4 of the 25th Amendment, effectively unseating him as Commander-in-Chief.

Oh! I almost forgot the fact that Jack Bauer actually dies at one point during the season. That Jack Bauer sure is a bad-ass. After suffering cardiac arrest, he still ends up killing all the terrorists. He later suffers a heart-attack, but still manages to save the day.

And then there's the ending...where that woman shakes the hand of President Palmer, and he collapses. Is he alive? Is he dead? You'll just have to wait and see, TIS!

Speaking of that woman...didn't she seem familiar to you, TIS?

END SEASON 2 SPOILERS

I know you'll enjoy Season 3, TIS!

Also, can I make a suggestion to everyone visiting this thread? There's another show on FOX that I enjoy thoroughly (maybe even as much as 24) called House. I know EVERYONE has heard of it, but so far I know of only a few people on these boards that watch it.

It's an absolutely incredible show, and I whole-heartedly recommend it to EVERYBODY! I started watching it about half way through season 2, and I immediately went out and bought the first season on DVD. I've been hooked ever since. I've never been a huge fan of medical dramas, but this one is vastly different, and vastly superior to any other medical drama on television (yes, better than ER, Scrubs, Grey's Anatomy, et. al.)

Hugh Laurie is fantastic as Dr. Gregory House. He's one of the biggest pricks you'll ever see on television, but you can't help but love him!

I whole-heartedly recommend it to everyone. I highly doubt you'll be disappointed!

Ok, we can go back to discussing 24, now!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/14/07 05:57 PM

END SEASON 2 SPOILERS

And then there's the ending...where that woman shakes the hand of President Palmer, and he collapses. Is he alive? Is he dead? You'll just have to wait and see, TIS!

Speaking of that woman...didn't she seem familiar to you, TIS?

Remember what I said to you TIS about characters appearing in one or two eisodes early in one season and the all of a sudden popping up in the middle or near the end of another season?

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/15/07 02:15 AM

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN SEASON TWO*

Thanks for the input XCDC/DC. I kept staring at the woman who shook the President's hand and kept trying to place her. She wasn't the woman who jumped out of the plane in the first or second episode was she?

And yes, the "surprises" in this show is amazing. I'll say one thing, the only person I think I can trust is Jack Bauer. Tony seems to be on the "up and up", but at first I wondered about him, and of course that could change back again. And...the President's wife, Cheri. OMG!!! I don't trust that broad as far as I can throw. I say kick her to the curb. Marie being in on the bomb plot surprised me. Her sister seems ok at this point. And I was surprised to see Nina show up again.

Speaking of guest stars, I wasn't sure what to make of Kevin Dillon. He was kind of creepy!!!

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/15/07 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN SEASON TWO*

Thanks for the input XCDC/DC. I kept staring at the woman who shook the President's hand and kept trying to place her. She wasn't the woman who jumped out of the plane in the first or second episode was she?

Bingo!

Quote:
And...the President's wife, Cheri. OMG!!! I don't trust that broad as far as I can throw. I say kick her to the curb.

Sherri is indeed a piece of work. There were times where I wanted to jump through the TV and wrap my hands around her throat! I was glad when Jack put her in her place, though. She tried to buck up on him, and he set her straight, as only Jack Bauer can do.

Quote:
And I was surprised to see Nina show up again.

You'll see quite a few familiar faces as you get deeper into the series. As DC said, remember some of the characters you only see for a brief amount of time. There may be more to them than you think.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/15/07 03:57 AM

Hugh Laurie is fantastic as Dr. Gregory House. He's one of the biggest pricks you'll ever see on television, but you can't help but love him!

That's the main reason I've been turned off to the show (plus I don't like medical drams). I never got into Scrubs, ER, Grey's Anatomy, etc. But this guy just seems like such a HUGE pr*ck, I wouldn't waste my time watching him cut down people while they're about to go into surgery or about to die. F*CK YOU, YOU INCONSIDERATE A$$HOLE!
Posted By: manicmontana

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/15/07 04:02 AM

i prefer prison break over all those shows haha

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/15/07 05:24 AM

That's the main reason I've been turned off to the show (plus I don't like medical drams). I never got into Scrubs, ER, Grey's Anatomy, etc. But this guy just seems like such a HUGE pr*ck, I wouldn't waste my time watching him cut down people while they're about to go into surgery or about to die. F*CK YOU, YOU INCONSIDERATE A$$HOLE!

Don't be so quick to dismiss it based on House's personality, Irish. There's much more to the show than him just being a prick.

I had the same mentality before I started watching it, but my opinion soon changed. The guy is a genius, who just happens to be brutally honest with his patients. And a lot of the patients actually have it coming, anyway!

I think you should rent it, Irish. If you don't like it, hey, different strokes for different folks, right? But you've nothing to lose. Give it a go man. I think you'll enjoy it!
Posted By: manicmontana

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/15/07 05:29 AM

hugh laurie looks like a pug

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/15/07 06:02 AM

I can't wait for The Shield to get going again. You ever watch that XDCX? That's my favorite show on TV. It should be starting up again in April

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/16/07 03:31 AM

I've caught an episode here and there, and I think its a superb show. It's just hard for me to remember when it comes on, because there's really nothing else on F/X I watch. All my favorite shows are either on HBO or the big 4 (FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS), so I tend to forget about F/X.

I've been considering picking up the seasons on DVD, but I've been putting it off.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/16/07 04:46 AM

I've been considering picking up the seasons on DVD, but I've been putting it off.

You shouldn't. Whenever you get the chance, I HIGHLY recommend seeing it ASAP!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/16/07 01:46 PM

I watched the first two seasons of The Shield. Excellent show.

I'll never forget the ending of the very first episode. I sat there with my mouth open.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/16/07 03:43 PM

You shouldn't. Whenever you get the chance, I HIGHLY recommend seeing it ASAP!

I've been looking on eBay. They've got a few good prices on the individual seasons, but I'd prefer getting all of them together...as it tends to be cheaper that way (most of the time).

My girlfriend bought me the first 5 seasons of The Sopranos off eBay for around $75 or $80 bucks. The only downside to that was the fact that they didn't come in the original packaging. They do come in boxes that are modeled after the ones you see in the store, but they kind of open like a book, and the discs are in little slip cases. But the discs were all there, they were (I'm assuming) the REAL DVDs, and they worked perfectly, so I have no complaints.

I'll be sure to check The Shield out, Irish, even if I have to rent the seasons.

But as highly as you recommend The Shield...I give you that same recommendation for House. I'm almost positive you won't be disappointed.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/17/07 04:15 AM

But as highly as you recommend The Shield...I give you that same recommendation for House. I'm almost positive you won't be disappointed.

I honestly won't be able to do much with it before the summer, but if the mood strikes me, I'll give it a shot and let you know (same goes for you)

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/18/07 09:25 PM

I'm slowly catching up!! I just finished watching Season 3!! Although I still find the first season the best, the 2nd & 3rd are also excellent. I continue to be totally wrapped up in each fast paced story, and the element of surpise gets me all the time.

All I can say is, the writers of this show are outstanding thus far.

I had to rent 3 so I had only five days to watch it. However, a friend of mine owns seasons 4 & 5 and gave them to me, so I can take my time watching them. I'm taking a little break but will definitely complete all the seasons soon. I haven't been this jazzed about a tv show since the Sopranos.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/18/07 10:56 PM

All I can say is, the writers of this show are outstanding thus far.

I haven't been this jazzed about a tv show since the Sopranos.

TIS

Don Cardi never steers you wrong.

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/19/07 02:29 PM

As I said, I have seasons 4 & 5 sitting on my table. I am been so wrapped up in the series, I'm taking a little break, since I can watch the others without having to hurry to return them back to the video store. It's to the point where my daughters call and I jokingly answer and say "tsk tsk tsk, I'm watching 24, I'll call you back."

Yet, I've spent the last couple weeks with Jack Bauer...I kind of miss the gang! It is a rainy day and I am off work today (are you guys off as well? ), so maybe I'll watch one or two episodes.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/19/07 02:33 PM

It is a rainy day and I am off work today (are you guys off as well? ), so maybe I'll watch one or two episodes.

TIS

Which will lead to three, four or five!

It's addicting!

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/19/07 08:30 PM

Man TIS, you're really putting that 24 away It is an addicting show and this is the first season I've seen on TV. I used to wait for the DVDs to come out in December, so I could watch 4-5 in one sitting rather than waiting week after week. My sell to XDCX can apply to you as well, if you've never seen The Shield on FX, I would HIGHLY suggest that (I like it more than 24 AND The Sopranos)

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/20/07 07:52 AM

SEASON 6 SPOILERS

So President Logan is back. Man oh man. At first I didn't recognize him but then finally when they panned back I almost craped my pants. This is getting VERY interesting. Also, does anyone else watch the previews for the following week? I ALWAYS do and I have a friend who never does and always tries to change the channel (I hate him for that). But it looks like they're going to try to blow up President Palmer at the podium during his speech. Which ever way it works, next week's episode looks to be GREAT!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/20/07 02:11 PM

I12,

I have heard that The Shield is really good. Like 24, I couldn't even tell you when it's on. I'll try to check it out, but right now I'm too wrapped up in 24.

I just started Season 4 and like Season One, so far, it's captured my interest, with the edge of your seat action.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/23/07 04:22 PM

Found an interesting article in USA today and thought that some of the "24" fans here may like to read it.

'24' actor gets full-bore into torture scene
By Bill Keveney, USA TODAY

24's Morris O'Brian was traumatized after being power-drilled, but it's old hat for the actor who plays him, Carlo Rota.
"I've played so many variations of bad people. I always end up torturing or being tortured or meeting some kind of sticky demise." says Rota, whose roles have ranged from illegal procurer (La Femme Nikita) to Mafia heavy (The Boondock Saints).

The London-born son of Italian immigrants, who describes himself as a Canadian actor, took center stage last week when Morris, a computer whiz, got the Black & Decker treatment from nuclear terrorists. After torture that included an attempted drowning, O'Brian gave in, activating a device used to arm nuclear bombs.

Rota's playing of the scene — grisly even by the standards of 24 (Fox, tonight, 9 ET/PT) — made the shoulder drilling more difficult to watch. "As an actor, I couldn't go halfway," he says. His goal was to play it as "the most antagonizing pain you've ever experienced."

Rota, 45, drove from Canada to Los Angeles a year ago without an agent or a job, but he knew 24 co-creator Joel Surnow from Nikita. A two-episode gig last season as the ex-husband of Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU) stalwart Chloe O'Brian (Mary Lynn Rajskub) has grown substantially this season. His Morris has a gruff, sharp-tongued nature that seemingly can be tamed only by Chloe, who has also had difficulty playing with others.

"She holds the ultimate power over him. A lot of people have actually called me Mr. Chloe," says Rota, who says he has far more in common with Morris than with the thugs he has played.

Aside from plot demands, Rota says, it was imperative for Morris to give in to his torturers' demands. "He's not a field operative. He's a computer guy. Suppose people were beating you to a pulp. Do you come up with a pithy comment?" he says.

"If he hadn't have caved, he would be setting himself up to be the super-individual he's not."

Rota, who plays a Lebanese contractor in the Canadian TV comedy Little Mosque on the Prairie, disagrees with critics, including some military officials, who say 24's torture sequences have distorted the views of the public and some soldiers regarding what should be forbidden practices.

"I think it's an interesting point to bring up, but at the end of the day, (24) is a fantasy. I would be quite surprised if a person wakes up in the morning and decides he knows how to torture people because he's just seen 24," he says.

(Last week, executive producer Howard Gordon told The Philadelphia Inquirer that 24 will cut back on torture scenes later this season for creative reasons, not in response to critics. Fox and 24 would not comment on the criticism.)

As things get worse for Morris, the role gets juicier for Rota.

"It becomes increasingly hard for him to deal with what he's done. Cracks will appear," Rota says. "Unfortunately, the sun does not come up for Morris for a while."

=====================================================

That was a very tough scene to watch. You could almost feel the pain that he was having when they drilled him!

Don Cardi
Posted By: klydon1

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/23/07 04:52 PM

The London-born son of Italian immigrants, who describes himself as a Canadian actor,

Now there's a guy with an identity crisis.

Actually, from the article he sounds like a pretty interesting guy.

After the first season my wife convinced me to watch the season on DVD; she had watched from the beginning. I enjoyed it and watched several episodes each night. I started the second season, but missed some episodes and didn't want to watch again until I caught up again, which hasn't happened yet.

I watched the second episode of this season, and liked it, but again, monday nights don't work well for me, so I'll have to watch them eventually on DVD. I'll get there, I guess.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/26/07 02:09 PM

FWIW, I am now on Season 5 :D! Another excellent season so far. I know the CTU is suppose to be in L.A., does anyone know if it is actually filmed there? The terrorist in the Ontario airport scene especially caught my eye, and since I use that airport everytime I travel, it looked exactly like it. I was wondering if it was a "set" or the real thing.

I am glad I have watched each season without having to wait to see what happens. When it's over I'll probably have some withdrawal symptoms.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/26/07 02:19 PM

I am glad I have watched each season without having to wait to see what happens. When it's over I'll probably have some withdrawal symptoms.

TIS

So you'll have to wait until this season (6) comes out on DVD over the summer, watch it, and then you'll be all caught up and ready for the start of season 7!!

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/28/07 04:19 PM

I missed this past Monday's episode (except for the last 10 minutes or so). How was it? I read the spoilers for the episode on FOX's official 24 website (so I won't be lost when I watch this Monday's episode.) Reading isn't the same as seeing the episode...but from what I read, it sounded like another great one!

TIS...my GOD! You're just rolling right through those seasons, huh? After you finish with Season 5...you'll have to go out and get yourself a PlayStation 2 and play the game!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/06/07 04:03 AM

***SEASON 6 SPOILER ALERT***

Another really good episode tonight. The Lennox/Pollock storyline has taken an interesting turn. And Vice President Noah Daniels (portrayed brilliantly by Powers Booth) looks like one evil sum-bitch! It'll be interesting to see where this storyline goes from here.

Well it looks like Jack has gotten himself back in a familiar situation (read: a world of shit)...breaking into another international consulate (this time the Russian Consulate). Judging by the preview of next week's episode, it looks as though Buchanan will be successful in convincing the Vice President to assemble a covert-op team to rescue Jack.

Also, Martha Logan returns next week! She was probably my favorite new character of last season. Jean Smart did an awesome job as the seemingly nutty First Lady. I can't wait to see her and Charles in the same room together!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/06/07 04:15 AM

Well, I have finished. I'm all caught up. Season 5 was really another great season. For those of you who don't remember, it ended where Jack has a call from his daughter (or so he's told) only who does he meet up with??? The Chinese terrorists. You tend to put one story behind you, only to have it sneak up on you again. Ha ha... I didn't see that coming, but once again, I look forward to the next Season.

Btw, I clicked on a link for Season six...a trailer. I figure how much info can a trailer give. They wouldn't spoil it. Anyway, can't say it was a spoiler, but from the clip I saw, it looked as though Palmer's brother was now President. Don't tell me, just let me blab.

I kind of miss not watching it anymore, but am now on the special feature cd's included in seasons 1,4 & 5. I'm enjoying those as well.

XDCX,

I was curious, but skipped over your post due to the spoiler.
Those spoiler alerts are an excellent idea.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/06/07 04:29 AM

Season 5 is probably the most shocking season so far. Hell...the first 15 minutes of Season 5 may just be the most shocking first 15 minutes of any show!

How about that President Logan? He's no David Palmer, but I found Logan's character to be just as interesting and compelling as Palmer's (albeit in a much different way.) He's basically the photographic negative of Palmer. Gregory Itzin does a remarkable job in this role.

And Jean Smart as Martha Logan...her performance just blows me away. She really did a tremendous job...and she and Itzin had such an on-screen chemistry with each other.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/06/07 07:49 AM

Has anyone ever tried the phone numbers given on the show? Last week Chloe gave a non-555 number, and so did Jack on Monday. I was just curious if anyone's ever called them?

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/06/07 01:41 PM

No, I haven't ever tried the number. However, if I'm not mistaken, the prefix "555" has always been used in many Hollywood films dating way back. I'm wondering if there really is such a prefix.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/06/07 07:42 PM

No, 555 is a fake number TIS. But the past 2 weeks they've given 2 numbers that seemed "real." I haven't tried them and I guess it's just a phone number to Fox, but who knows?

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/07/07 01:17 AM

No, 555 is a fake number TIS. But the past 2 weeks they've given 2 numbers that seemed "real." I haven't tried them and I guess it's just a phone number to Fox, but who knows?

Don't know if you caught it before last night's episode, and once during a commercial break, but they said to look for a hint at a phone number which would be given twice in the episode where you can call and actually talk to Keifer Sutherland.

Another way for the phone companies to make money!

Don Cardi

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/13/07 02:14 AM

Well it wasn't exactly the most "shocking" moment in 24 history, as they were billing it, but overall, another solid episode.

I wasn't surprised when Martha attacked Charles. Once I saw her hacking away at the kiwi in the kitchen, I had a feeling she was gonna stick that knife somewhere in the ex-President's body.

A very good episode, but all this hype about "the most shocking moment" kind of turned this episode into a bit of a let down.

That being said, a disappointing episode of 24 is still miles better than almost anything else on television.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/14/07 03:03 AM

I wasn't surprised when Martha attacked Charles. Once I saw her hacking away at the kiwi in the kitchen, I had a feeling she was gonna stick that knife somewhere in the ex-President's body.

Me either. I saw it coming with all the knife shots they were doing

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/21/07 02:57 PM

Jack Bauer says "Damn it" a lot:

Jack Bauer -- DAMN IT!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/21/07 03:10 PM

Warning, Spoiler:
Who do you think is the mole inside of CTU? I don't believe that it is Nadia. I've suspected Milo over the last several weeks.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/21/07 04:16 PM

***SEASON 6 SPOILER***

Warning, Spoiler:
I had ideas about Milo, but I didn't REALLY suspect him until this past episode. The look he gave Nadia wasn't a look of "This is just wrong," but a look of "Hate to do this to ya babe, but I have to." (at least that's the vibe I got, anyways.)

And what about Logan? They showed him going into cardiac arrest at the end of last week's episode, and nothing about him this week?

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/21/07 04:27 PM

I told my wife a week or two ago about my suspicions and after this week's episode she said that she now thinks that I was right. However the way that this show goes, just when they make you think one thing, something completely unexpected coming out of left field happens!

Yeah, nothing more about Logan. Interesting.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/21/07 05:55 PM

I'm still REALLY digging Powers Boothe as the Vice President and now Tom as he's "kinda" going along with the VP. That's just too great for me with what's going on in the White House.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/21/07 06:11 PM

I'm still REALLY digging Powers Boothe as the Vice President and now Tom as he's "kinda" going along with the VP. That's just too great for me with what's going on in the White House.

Irish, I feel the same way. Something tells me that Boothe fashions his character after Vice President Dick Chaney.

As for Tom, one episode they make you despise him, the next feel sorry for him, then hate him, and then begin to like him. You just know that sooner or later Tom is going to be the one to expose everything and help save the country.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/22/07 02:36 AM

And now with the recent revelation concerning Audrey Raines...who here thinks we'll be seeing James Heller sometime in the near future?

Off the current topic for a minute...you guys gotta check out this video. The one guy has Tony Almeida down to a T!

Jack Bauer and Tony Almeida at the Drive-Thru

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/22/07 05:12 AM

The one guy has Tony Almeida down to a T!

You've got that right XDCX. He's got that voice down COLD!
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/22/07 08:37 AM

Imagine Jack Bauer as President. Shit, imagine his State of the Union:

"Look I don't have the time, just give me the damn money to stop the terrorists!"

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/22/07 10:47 AM

And now with the recent revelation concerning Audrey Raines...who here thinks we'll be seeing James Heller sometime in the near future?

I was thinking the same thing.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/22/07 01:12 PM

So, without looking at any of the recent comments about this season, how do you guys rate this season compared to the others? :)On a scale of 1 - 10.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/22/07 01:22 PM

An 8

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/22/07 03:40 PM

So far...I'd give it a 8...8½ Without spoiling too much, my biggest gripe this season is that there's not enough Jack Bauer. Now I say there's not enough Jack Bauer, but that's just my opinion. Other's may feel different. Now it's not necessarily a bad thing, because the other story lines are good enough on their own that you hardly notice. For a lesser show to focus on secondary story lines rather than the main protagonist, it would be suicide. But the writers of 24 have the ability to create a balancing act that keeps the show together.

That's what makes 24 arguably the best drama on television.

BTW TIS, I don't know if you were aware of this...but the first 4 episodes of this season are available on DVD. Pretty much since the show's inception, FOX has released a DVD containing the season premiere for each season. You could probably find it at your local Wal-Mart or Target for around 10 bucks. I know it'll be torture to only watch the first 4 episodes...and then NOTHING...but hey, it's something right? \:\)

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/23/07 01:13 AM

Thanks X,

I am on break starting next week, I may do just that. \:\) I'll keep you posted.

Not enough Jack Bauer? \:\( I won't ask for details, but I'd be disappointed too.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/23/07 01:21 PM

He's in it TIS. Perhaps not as often as the first two seasons, but he's still a major player, so don't worry!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/27/07 01:26 PM

I've been thinking back to season one of 24 lately. Jack in the hospital when Ira Gaines first rings him. Driving when the light is changing slowly at dawn, at the lights next to the cop car, on his way to Palmer's primary at the power plant. Raiding the Gaines compound and saving Teri and Kim. The Drazens. The guy in the red cap. The final raid on the Drazens' HQ.

I love it. Those first four to six episodes of the show were absolutely fantastic.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/27/07 01:28 PM

I agree 100% Capo. That first season, especially the first six - eight episodes, was just outstanding.

Warning, Spoiler:
How about the first time Nina speaks russian? \:o

Are you watching this season?

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/27/07 01:31 PM

I've not seen anything after 2, DC, because Sky bought it from the BBC over here, and I don't have Sky. I keep meaning to buy the DVDs, but don't. I have season 3, and have had it for ages, but haven't started watching it yet.

In fact, there's a few shows I'd love to catch up on: The Shield, which I haven't watched since season 2 either, and I've always wanted to get into NYPD Blue but haven't had the chance. And with The Sopranos coming up (I have a means of seeing them as they air in the US, I think, to save the wait), I'm going to be busy. ;\)

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/27/07 01:32 PM

NYPD Blue is excellent. You won't regret watching it.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/27/07 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
I've been thinking back to season one of 24 lately. Jack in the hospital when Ira Gaines first rings him. Driving when the light is changing slowly at dawn, at the lights next to the cop car, on his way to Palmer's primary at the power plant. Raiding the Gaines compound and saving Teri and Kim. The Drazens. The guy in the red cap. The final raid on the Drazens' HQ.

I love it. Those first four to six episodes of the show were absolutely fantastic.

Capo, I am avoiding reading the tidbits on the current episode here, but I totally agree with you about Season One. It IS fantastic. I was hooked immediately. All the season so far have been, IMHO excellent though.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/27/07 04:46 PM

***SEASON 6 SPOILERS***

Warning, Spoiler:
Does anybody else besides me wanna see the Vice President get bitch slapped? Is he CRAZY?! They prevented the latest nuclear attack, and they captured Gredenko. The man's evil!

Then again, maybe Daniel's has watched the last few seasons of 24...and knows that the end game is FAR from revealing itself yet.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/27/07 05:04 PM

Warning, Spoiler:
Powers Booth does an excellent job in that role. He makes you want to punch him right in the face! I loved how the Doctor told him to go fuck himself without saying go fuck yourself. The writing is just fantastic. They made us hate Daniels in the first few episodes and now have us rooting for him and the last few. Oh, and I still think that Milo is a mole.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/27/07 05:13 PM

Oh yea!!!! Just go ahead and tempt me with the "Spoiler" box. I won't click it! I won't click it! I won't click it!

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/27/07 05:17 PM

DON'T CLICK IT!

DON'T CLICK IT!

DON'T CLICK IT!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 03/27/07 05:30 PM

Alas!! I will refrain. ;\) I do hope to rent the first 4 episodes of season 6 very soon though. \:\)

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/03/07 02:07 PM

Great episode last night!

Powers Booth should win an emmy this year. Great acting.

Warning, Spoiler:
Didn't you just love it when the patrons of the bar began beating the shit out of the terrorist and then Jack topped it off by kicking him in the face? What in the world caused President Palmer to change his mind like that? Pressure? Guilt? Ok, so I was sort of right about Milo. Not to sound redundant, but the writing is just fantastic.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/03/07 02:23 PM

I agree, DC. I think the writer's are getting back into their stride after a nearly flawless 5th season.

Warning, Spoiler:
The bar scene where Gredenko betrayed Fayed was fantastic. I kind of saw it coming simply by how easily Gredenko gave up Fayed to Bauer, but the way it was executed made it awesome. Fayed starts opening fire on innocents like a crazed lunatic, a whole bunch of guys tackle him and give him a shit kicking. Then Jack runs in like Superman and says "Federal agent! Hands off!" Then Fayed opens his mouth and Jack kicks him in the face.

As for Palmer...I think his medical condition is affecting his judgment. He basically said that he's doing it because he doesn't wanna look weak compared to Daniels. Plus...I think he has doubts about himself compared to his brother. I'm sure he's constantly asking himself "What would David do in this situation?"

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/03/07 02:46 PM

Good points about President Palmer.

Warning, Spoiler:
Now what happend to the former President after he was stabbed? All we know is that he went into cardiac arrest, and that was it. I wonder what the writers have in store for us with that?

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/03/07 03:28 PM

Warning, Spoiler:
I was watching tv last night and they showed a brief preview of 24. I heard someone tell Jack that President Powell is conscience. I thought, wait! He's dead. Then they showed a brief scene of his "brother" in the hosptial" I guess I know who the President is in season 6. \:\/ \:\/

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/10/07 12:39 PM

How sick is this show? It's just awesome!

Warning, Spoiler:
I knew that Audrey was NOT dead!!! How great was it when Jack hanged the terrorist?

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/10/07 01:31 PM

***SEASON 6 SPOILERS***

Warning, Spoiler:
Seeing Jack kill EVERYBODY last night was awesome. It's been a while since we've seen the TRUE bad ass Jack Bauer, and he came through in spades last night. The fight between Fayed and Bauer was intense. When Jack wrapped that chain around Fayed's neck and said "Say hello to your brother", it was just a very satisfying moment.

I also couldn't believe that Audrey would be dead. I knew the writers could come up with something better than what they had. Writing off a main character like that seemed cheap. I had a feeling we'd be seeing her this season.

IMO, this Milo/Nadia story needs to go somewhere, and fast. I'm sick of the CTU storyline focusing on their love story. I'd rather see Bill, Chloe, and Morris.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/19/07 01:41 PM

***SEASON 6 SPOILERS***

Warning, Spoiler:
I was glad to see Chloe and Morris get more face time this week. Their presence (especially Chloe) has been sorely missed. No offense to the writers, but unless the Milo/Nadia storyline goes some place, I really don't care about them.

I've read a few reviews on this week's episode where people are saying that Jack going rogue and against CTU is out of character. True, Jack risking an international incident to save Audrey is a bit extreme...but consider all she went through to try and save him. He faked his own death and was forced into hiding at the end of Day 4 (effectively killing his relationship with his daughter), captured by the Chinese at the end of Day 5 and tortured for the next 18 months. The man has nothing left.

He told President Palmer that he will destroy the chip as soon as he has confirmation that Audrey is safe. There were doubts about his ability to do his job at the beginning of the day, but he's proven he can still get the job done.

Who knows, maybe I'm thinking too much into this...

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/19/07 01:50 PM

Warning, Spoiler:
I think that Jack has had it now. He's at the point that he feels he's sacrificed enough of his own life, jeopardized the lives of those he loves or loved, and sacraficed his personal relationships, to protect the country. He's paid a steep price to secure the country. It's almost as if he now feels that this request made by him to rescue Audrey is owed to him. He now feels that anything he needs he has coming to him by his government. And I don't know that I disagree wih him at all. Bad thing is that the V.P. now has something to use against President Palmer.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/19/07 02:40 PM

Warning, Spoiler:
I've been wondering when this moment would come, but I think you're right. I think Jack has finally said "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" He's been instrumental in saving the US time and time again since the show's inception...and at the expense of many of the people he loves. He lost Terri at the end of Day 1, lost his daughter when he "died" at the end of Day 4, and lost Tony and Michelle because of his decision to fake his death.

Not to mention the countless suicide missions he's undertaken at the request of his government. Flying the nuke into the desert in Day 2, going back undercover with the Salazars in Day 3, attacking and illegally detaining a prisoner at the Chinese consulate in Day 4, and agreeing to help divert the crisis in Day 5 (albeit under false pretenses by President Logan.)

He's put his ass on the line long enough.

P.S.

Sorry TIS. I know these countless spoiler posts are tempting you like mad.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/19/07 02:52 PM

Warning, Spoiler:
And don't forget that when he went undercover for the government with the Salazars he became addicted to drugs!
TIS, if you are opening this, then I'll know that you peeked!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/19/07 03:12 PM

I finally started watching season three t'other night. Watched the first four episodes, up to when Bauer breaks Salazar out of prison.

I think it's really, really interesting to have Bauer needing a fix, so he's not the super-hero figure we all expect him to be.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/19/07 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
I finally started watching season three t'other night. Watched the first four episodes, up to when Bauer breaks Salazar out of prison.

I think it's really, really interesting to have Bauer needing a fix, so he's not the super-hero figure we all expect him to be.

That's what I've always liked about the show. He not always portrayed as that Super Hero type that is invincible to the tragedies and pitfalls of life.

Capo, if you are really into this show, then I strongly suggest that you read THIS BOOK.

While it is not written in the traditional story format, it is more formatted as though one is reading transcripts from legal hearings that have taken place. Testimony.

It takes place between season 1 and season 2 and provides some really excellent insight into not only Jack himself, but many of the others involved in what took place in season 1, the relationships that were formed, why Palmer was a target of the attempted assassinations, and why the Drazen's were involved.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/19/07 03:48 PM

Yeah, I read it when it was first published, DC. Good stuff.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/19/07 05:36 PM

Eh this season has been okay, maybe it'll heat up with the recent developments.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/19/07 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Longneck

Just OK? I think that it's been full of action, intruige and excitement through and through. I will concede to you one thing that I just cannot seem to buy :

Warning, Spoiler:
President Palmer was knocked out in the explosion and was in critical condition. He was made to be brought out of a coma so that he could put a stop to the nuclear attacks ordered by the VP. Ok. No problem. But then he prances around, showing at times that he is weak, doing so outside the presence of his doctor, only calling him in from time to time. I find it very hard to believe that in a matter of a couple of hours after being in a bombing and a coma, that the President was able to move around and function the way that he did. This is all taking place within a 24 hour time period and not on a weekly basis.

But that one thing aside, I think that this season has been a very good one so far.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/19/07 06:06 PM

I agree. I'm not saying the season sucks but it's getting harder to surprise me (although I have been a couple of times thus far). Just every week I look forward to seeing The Shield and now I go to my TiVo because I know I have to watch 24 (I haven't been excited to watch it for a while now)

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/20/07 12:37 AM

Jack Bauer would kick Vic Mackey's ass. \:p

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/20/07 02:27 AM

It'd be a pretty cool fight, though.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/20/07 03:20 AM

Yeah it would be a good fight. Jack is a tough son of a b*tch but Vic's got a couple pounds on him. Tony Soprano could promote it and take a percentage of the fight

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/24/07 01:15 PM

Warning, Spoiler:
Nadia, a muslim, now the acting head of CTU! This show has more twists and turns than a rollercoaster. I just don't trust that Milo. It's as though he has some kind of hidden agenda. Next weeks coming attractions made mention of an informer on the inside. Hmmmm.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 04/24/07 01:40 PM

Warning, Spoiler:
I had a feeling that Bill would be going down this episode. Nadia taking over CTU was a shock for me. I figured it would be Chloe...or even Milo. It's amazing...after all Nadia went through earlier this season (having her security access down-graded, being interrogated by Jack Bauer-lite: a.k.a. Mike Doyle), she's now interim head of CTU.

The tension between Chloe and Morris came to a head this week. No offense to Morris, but he was asking for the "arming nuclear warheads" comment from Chloe. He was constantly picking at her and harassing her. If ANYBODY should know about Chloe's personality, it should be her ex-husband.

Well, CTU and Mike Doyle blew it this week. Jack was set to destroy the chip when Doyle tries to go all Jack Bauer and save the day. Some advice, Mike...there's only one Jack Bauer. Quit trying.

I had a feeling that Audrey wasn't quite herself. You gotta figure, if they did even a fraction of what they did to Jack to Audrey, it would be devastating. With only a few more episodes this season, it's gonna be interesting to see how they wrap everything up.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 05/01/07 12:21 PM

Wow! Mr. Heller really hit home with what he said to Jack, huh? Cold, heartless, but the truth is the truth and it hurts.

3 episodes left.

Warning, Spoiler:
I knew that Jack did something to the computer board before handing it over to the Chinese.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 05/01/07 12:59 PM

Warning, Spoiler:
Agreed. Despite it almost NEVER being Jack's intention, nothing he has touched as ever turned to gold. He is cursed. What a horrible feeling that must be...and the look on Jack's face at the end spoke volumes (as did the look on Heller's.)

It was heartbreaking seeing Jack get through to Audrey...only to have that taken away from him.

So far...the Presidential storyline has been my favorite this season...and it just keeps getting better. Powers Boothe is incredible in the role of Vice President Daniels, and it was nice to see a change in his character. I'm still not 100% convinced that we'll see no more treachery from him, but last night's story was well played.

Doyle actually grew on me a bit this week, too. He came off as a cocky, arrogant jerk when he was first introduced, but that was mostly due to Milo. ANYBODY that will willingly let Jack Bauer knock them out is OK in my book!

With 3 episodes left (and a few more shocking revelations in store), I can't wait to see how they wrap up this season.
Posted By: Fame

Re: It's Back! "24" - 05/07/07 08:09 AM

Warning, Spoiler:
Powers Boothe. Powers Boothe. Powers Boothe.
Definitely the best thing about this season. What can I say, he is a power booth indeed! (pun is definitely intended!)

I dont like the last few episodes, I dont like the fact that Audrey is alive. I never liked her...to say the least. She's more annoying than Chloe if you ask me. And Jack is a bloody idiot.

You get a phonecall from Kate Warner, such a sweet charming lady, and you tell her that someone else will pick up your jacket??? What an idiot this Jack is! idiot, idiot, idiot!!!!

Yesterday I watched "Sophie's Choice" for the first time. I immediately recognized Tom Lennox as Stingo. It was so amusing to see that he still possess the same facial expressions we're so familiar with.

Anyway...capo, season 3 is great. Best villains if you ask me. From Brothers Mexico to Mr. Nice Cup of Tea. And Chase was a great addition in my opinion. I really liked the idea of the kid working with Jack.

Back to season 6...why cant they name the enemy's country? it's really ridiculous. I guess the producers just wish to avoid any more scandals with muslims considering the fact that the country is from the middle east. As you know, they got a lot of complaints for portraying most of the villains as muslims. Still, it's a ridiculous decision. It's sad to see that a fictional TV show has to hide behind the "anonymous card". It's fiction. You can name Russia and China. You can also name a country from the middle east.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 05/07/07 01:27 PM

Season 6 hasn't been as strong a season as past seasons, but it's still been thrilling, nonetheless.

The writers and producers have stated that they've been having a little trouble this season as far as being creative. I read somewhere the other day that some BIG changes are in store for season 7. No specifics were given, though. \:\/

http://tv.ign.com/articles/784/784951p1.html

Re: It's Back! "24" - 05/08/07 12:13 PM

Warning, Spoiler:
I don't care what anyone says, that boy is Jack's son. Excellent episode last night. You just knew that Jack's father would be back in some way.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 05/08/07 12:34 PM

Warning, Spoiler:
I don't care what anyone says, that boy is Jack's son. Excellent episode last night. You just knew that Jack's father would be back in some way.

Warning, Spoiler:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been thinking that Josh is Jack's son. Ever since we found out that Jack and Marilyn had had an affair, and ever since the first time we saw Josh, I assumed that Josh was the fruit of Jack loins. And now with the insistence that Jack see Josh before he and Marilyn go back home has all but confirmed it for me. Sure...Marilyn may have said it because Jack is really the only male-figure left in Josh's life...but I believe it's because Jack is the boy's real father.

I also knew that we hadn't seen the last of Phillip Bauer. And I gotta say...the casting directors did an EXCELLENT job casting James Cromwell for the part. But 24 is known for casting excellent (almost unknown) actors for their roles (save a few hiccups, like Andrew Page and Behrooz Araz from Season 4.)

This is the episode that I've been waiting for this season. Absolutely excellent episode, and the best episode since hour 4, when Jack killed Curtis and the nuke went off.

And did anyone else's jaw drop when that Chinese terrorist put a bullet in Milo's head? \:o

Re: It's Back! "24" - 05/08/07 12:42 PM

Warning, Spoiler:
And did anyone else's jaw drop when that Chinese terrorist put a bullet in Milo's head? \:o

Warning, Spoiler:
YES! I was like Holy Shit! Bang! I lost a bit of repect for Nadia in that scene. Being the acting director of CTU she should have immedeatly stepped up. Milo showed how much he really cared for her by stepping up in her place in that scene.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 05/08/07 08:27 PM

Warning, Spoiler:
I was surprised to see Milo but 24 just isn't doing it for me anymore. I still enjoy the show but last night I had a tough time sitting down and trying to "get into" it. I'll still buy the DVD but if you want the most intense hour on TV, tune in tonight to FX for The Shield!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 05/21/07 11:58 PM

2 hour season finale in 2 minutes!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 05/22/07 01:00 AM

Warning, Spoiler:
I'm telling, that boy is Jack's son! I just know it!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 05/22/07 08:10 AM

Warning, Spoiler:
But he looks more like Doyle's son Well another day, another season. This one seemed to end uncharacteristically for 24 (that being warm hearted). Chloe's pregnant, Jack's father's dead, his "newphew" is safe and with his mother, Chang is in custody, etc. I'll look for the DVD in 7 months

Re: It's Back! "24" - 05/22/07 12:43 PM

Warning, Spoiler:
But he looks more like Doyle's son Well another day, another season. This one seemed to end uncharacteristically for 24 (that being warm hearted). Chloe's pregnant, Jack's father's dead, his "newphew" is safe and with his mother, Chang is in custody, etc. I'll look for the DVD in 7 months

Warning, Spoiler:
This was an absolutely fantastic end to Season 6! Chloe and Morris are gonna have a baby, Jack's father is (presumably) dead, mother and son have been reunited, Cheng is in custody. All is well, right?

When Jack jumped off the helicopter...I knew he was going after Audrey. But the way it played out was completely unexpected, and utterly shocking, in my eyes.

The whole end scene with Heller and Jack was intense (paraphrasing here: "You said everything I touch either ends up dead or broken. HOW DARE YOU! All I've ever DONE was what's been asked of me by people like YOU!")...and the scene where Jack realizes he can't take care of Audrey the way she needs it was positively heart breaking.

The final scene has been haunting my subconscious since last night. Jack was so heartbroken, and so fed up with defending a nation who has ultimately been ungrateful. Seeing Jack look over the edge of that cliff, followed by the silent clock...it was chilling. You could feel the angst that Jack was going through. No words were needed in that scene. Kiefer Sutherland is an AMAZING actor.

They had a bit of trouble with continuity this season (i.e. Morris was interrogated earlier in the day, and had a drill put through his shoulder...but was able to help in the assault against their Chinese captors? ), but it IS 24, and we've come to understand that we have to suspend our disbelief every now and then.

Overall...this hasn't been the greatest season of 24, but I must say...the finale has stuck with me more than any other 24 finale yet. Say what you will about this season, they ended it absolutely brilliantly.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 05/24/07 02:46 PM

Warning, Spoiler:
It was pretty damn good.

I felt sorry for Jack at the end. I was glad how he ripped into Audrey's father Heller, basically telling him that people like Heller made him what he has become. And he's right.

But deep down Jack knew that Heller was also right. That Jack could never walk away from that life to take care of Audrey. It's in Jack's blood. And Jack knows this. For a second there, it almost looked as though Jack was contemplating jumping into the water from the terrace.

Enjoyable season.

Next season : The Chinese? I think so. As that chinese guy said, "My people are not going to abandoned me they way that yours did you."

Re: It's Back! "24" - 08/26/07 07:32 PM

Anyone know the release date of Season Six????

I got my brother hooked. He just called to say he watched all five seasons. Anyway, I thought season six was next month sometime, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks
TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 08/26/07 10:43 PM

No release date has been set for the season 6 set
as of yet. The only thing that is available so far is the first four episodes through Amazon.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 08/26/07 11:10 PM

I'm pretty sure the Season 6 DVD will be released sometime in December, like the last few seasons. It basically gives the folks who didn't watch it when it originally aired a chance to catch up before the new season starts.

I'm also gonna use this space to give a quick plug for my other favorite show, House. You owe it to yourselves to check it out. I'm not a huge fan of medical dramas, but this one is so much different from all the other ones out there, and it's one of the best shows out there, period.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 08/28/07 12:41 PM

Well if anyone knows when they will begin to repeat Season Six on tv, please let me know and I'll watch it. Although, I've never seen it on tv and got spoiled to watching an entire season all at once. \:\)

I don't even know what day it is on. Monday I think????

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 08/28/07 12:54 PM

Yes, 24 comes on Mondays. Although the Season Premiere is usually a two-night event, with 2 episodes airing on Sunday night, and the final 2 airing Monday night.

I'm not sure when they'll start re-airing the Season 6 episodes, though. An even when they do, I don't know if they'll show all of them. I know when they re-aired Season 5, they went from like the 6th episode ALL the way to around the 18th. \:\/

And WATCH HOUSE! \:p

Re: It's Back! "24" - 08/28/07 12:58 PM

X,

What day is House on? I know of it but that's about it. What's the premise of the show? If it's opposite any Law & Order or CSI, that would probably explain why I haven't seen it. \:\/

Thanks for the info on 24. I would hate to ssee just part of it. I'll just wait til it comes on video.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 08/28/07 01:03 PM

TIS -

Keep an eye open this upcoming weekend for a 24 marathon on Fox, FX or A&E. Every year they do a 24 marathon over the labor day weekend and you just might catch season 6 in there somewhere.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 08/28/07 01:05 PM

TIS -

Keep an eye open this upcoming weekend for a 24 marathon on Fox or A&E. Every year they do a 24 marathon over the labor day weekend and you just might catch season 6 in there somewhere.

Hey DC

I have seen that they have marathons on. However, when I check the "info" section, it doesn't say what season it is, but rather "hour whatever"??????? But, I will keep checking.

Thanks \:\)
TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 08/28/07 01:09 PM

House usually comes on Tuesday's at 8 or 9, on FOX. Season 4 starts in January.

At it's most basic, House is a medical drama. But it has more in common with CSI than it does with...say, ER or Grey's Anatomy.

Dr. Gregory House is an asshole, in every sense of the word. He has a very rude bedside manner. But he's a genius. You really have to watch the show, as no description I give can do it justice.

I dunno if you're willing to drop around 40 bucks for the first season, but rest assured I wouldn't steer you wrong. It is an absolutely fantastic show, and I'm 100% certain you won't be disappointed.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 09/05/07 02:40 AM

Just for you TIS

24 Season 6

Re: It's Back! "24" - 09/05/07 02:43 AM

Just for you TIS

24 Season 6

Thanks I12!! \:\) Best news I've heard all day!!!! I will watch it during my Christmas break.

When I stopped in the video store a couple weeks ago they thought it'd be out in September. Liars!!!

Can't wait!!!!!

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" - 09/05/07 02:46 AM

No problem TIS, glad you enjoyed the news. Season 6 was the first season I'd watched on TV (I've always waited for the DVDs to come out and then watch them in a week or so)

Re: It's Back! "24" - 09/20/07 05:37 PM

HUUUUUUUUUUGE spoiler for the upcoming season. I came across it by accident. I'm kinda pissed that I know, but FOX is making no attempt to hide it. This is a BIG spoiler, and I strongly suggest that anyone who DOESN'T want to know...DON'T LOOK!

Warning, Spoiler:
Carlos Bernard will be reprising his role as series favorite Tony Almeida in Season 7 of 24. Here's the official press release from IGN :

24: The Dead Rise
One of Jack Bauer's fallen comrades is back in Season 7.
by Eric Goldman

September 19, 2007 - If you fear 24 spoilers, you better look away, but keep in mind, this news was in a press release put out by FOX, and will no doubt be highly promoted.

FOX has announced the official return date for 24: Season 7, Sunday January 13th. That's not the big news though. The big news is that Tony Almeida is back! Yes, the character, played by Carlos Bernard, sure seemed dead in Season 5, but it seems we were mistaken.

From the press release:

"Day 7" of 24 will continue the show's unique and trend-setting format with compelling new elements. With CTU dismantled, the show's setting moves to Washington, DC, where Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) faces trial for his actions in the pursuit of justice. Bauer's day gets off to a shocking start when former colleague Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard), last seen in "Day 5," returns after being left for dead by a terrorist conspirator in CTU's infirmary.

"Tony's uncertain fate near the end of 'Day 5' left the door open for his return," said executive producer/show-runner Howard Gordon. "And since there was no silent clock at the conclusion of his last appearance - the 24 tribute to a major character's demise - we always kept this as a possibility."

The press release also confirms that Mary Lynn Rajskub ("Chloe O'Brian") and James Morrison ("Bill Buchanan") will be returning in Season 7, though CTU is no longer part of the show.

As for other cast members, here's a bit more from the press release:

Bernard's return highlights a list of notable cast members clocking in for Season Seven, including the previously announced Cherry Jones (The Heiress) as President Allison Taylor and Janeane Garofalo (The Larry Sanders Show) as FBI Agent Janis Gold. Colm Feore (Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee) will play First Gentleman Henry Taylor and Bob Gunton (Desperate Housewives) is White House Chief of Staff Ethan Kanin.

FBI Agents assigned to the team investigating the crisis befalling Bauer include Garofalo's Agent Gold in addition to Annie Wersching (General Hospital) as Agent Renee Walker, Jeffrey Nordling (Dirt) as Agent Larry moss and Rhys Coiro (Entourage) as Agent Sean Hillinger. John Billingsley (Prison Break) portrays security specialist Michael Latham.

24 resets the clock for Season Seven with a special two-night premiere event Sunday, Jan. 13 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Monday, Jan. 14 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 09/21/07 12:00 AM

I REFUSE TO LOOK!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 09/21/07 01:33 PM

Oh it's not that big of a deal.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 09/27/07 07:05 PM

HUUUUUUUUUUGE spoiler for the upcoming season. I came across it by accident. I'm kinda pissed that I know, but FOX is making no attempt to hide it. This is a BIG spoiler, and I strongly suggest that anyone who DOESN'T want to know...DON'T LOOK!

Warning, Spoiler:
Carlos Bernard will be reprising his role as series favorite Tony Almeida in Season 7 of 24. Here's the official press release from IGN :

24: The Dead Rise
One of Jack Bauer's fallen comrades is back in Season 7.
by Eric Goldman

September 19, 2007 - If you fear 24 spoilers, you better look away, but keep in mind, this news was in a press release put out by FOX, and will no doubt be highly promoted.

FOX has announced the official return date for 24: Season 7, Sunday January 13th. That's not the big news though. The big news is that Tony Almeida is back! Yes, the character, played by Carlos Bernard, sure seemed dead in Season 5, but it seems we were mistaken.

From the press release:

"Day 7" of 24 will continue the show's unique and trend-setting format with compelling new elements. With CTU dismantled, the show's setting moves to Washington, DC, where Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) faces trial for his actions in the pursuit of justice. Bauer's day gets off to a shocking start when former colleague Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard), last seen in "Day 5," returns after being left for dead by a terrorist conspirator in CTU's infirmary.

"Tony's uncertain fate near the end of 'Day 5' left the door open for his return," said executive producer/show-runner Howard Gordon. "And since there was no silent clock at the conclusion of his last appearance - the 24 tribute to a major character's demise - we always kept this as a possibility."

The press release also confirms that Mary Lynn Rajskub ("Chloe O'Brian") and James Morrison ("Bill Buchanan") will be returning in Season 7, though CTU is no longer part of the show.

As for other cast members, here's a bit more from the press release:

Bernard's return highlights a list of notable cast members clocking in for Season Seven, including the previously announced Cherry Jones (The Heiress) as President Allison Taylor and Janeane Garofalo (The Larry Sanders Show) as FBI Agent Janis Gold. Colm Feore (Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee) will play First Gentleman Henry Taylor and Bob Gunton (Desperate Housewives) is White House Chief of Staff Ethan Kanin.

FBI Agents assigned to the team investigating the crisis befalling Bauer include Garofalo's Agent Gold in addition to Annie Wersching (General Hospital) as Agent Renee Walker, Jeffrey Nordling (Dirt) as Agent Larry moss and Rhys Coiro (Entourage) as Agent Sean Hillinger. John Billingsley (Prison Break) portrays security specialist Michael Latham.

24 resets the clock for Season Seven with a special two-night premiere event Sunday, Jan. 13 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Monday, Jan. 14 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Warning, Spoiler:
My wife just spilled the beans to me about Tony because she said that she distinctly remembered my saying that Tony was NOT dead after we saw that last scene where he supposedly died.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 09/27/07 07:27 PM

Warning, Spoiler:
My wife just spilled the beans to me about Tony because she said that she distinctly remembered my saying that Tony was NOT dead after we saw that last scene where he supposedly died.

Warning, Spoiler:
I had the exact same suspicions. The writers knew what they were doing when they orchestrated Tony's "death."

However, I can't help but think that they may be doing this solely to appease the fans who were outraged at his death.

I hope they're able to pull it off convincingly.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 09/29/07 01:44 AM

Based on the writing for this show in the past, I have the faith that they will.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: It's Back! "24" - 10/12/07 09:32 AM

NYPD Blue is excellent. You won't regret watching it.

It is and i don't!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 10/27/07 03:25 PM

The first official trailer has been released for Season 7. All I have to say is HOLY SHIT! \:o

24: Season 7 preview

Re: It's Back! "24" - 01/31/08 02:31 PM

It's a damn shame that the Writer's Strike has also affected the season premiere of 24. From what I understand, there were a handful of episodes filmed before the strike began, but the producers will only air all 24 episodes when they can do it un-interrupted.

I can understand that, but it still sucks.

Re: It's Back! "24" - 02/02/08 03:46 PM

I believe that Sutherland's having to serve some time in jail has also added to the setback of the start of this season.
Posted By: MiniMafiaBoss

Re: It's Back! "24" - 06/22/08 11:10 PM

I love this show! clap

Some real twists and turns, the action is spectacular. The revelations and cliffhangers always make me on edge with excitement, and make me come back for more. The more you watch it, the more you like and sympathese for the characters.
The deaths of President David Palmer and Michelle Dessler shocked me, but I was really saddened at Edgars death, when he came back after lockdown, and saw that they were locked in the room, I knew he was gonna die. cry
And when "villain" Lynn McGill died after doing his heroic part, it also made me sad. cry

I was appalled at Curtis's death by Jack shooting him, plus when Nadia's "boyfriend", Eric gets shot! WOW!! eek

This show is sooooo good, I can't wait for Series 7 - and Tony Almaeda!!!! eek

Re: It's Back! "24" - 06/23/08 02:39 PM

WHEN IS THIS STARTING!?!?!?!?!?!
Posted By: MiniMafiaBoss

Re: It's Back! "24" - 06/23/08 02:40 PM

I think it's been delayed to the writers strike. Damm those Hollywood rich b*****ds!!

Re: It's Back! "24" - 06/23/08 02:45 PM

WHEN IS THIS STARTING!?!?!?!?!?!

I believe next January.

Between the Writer's strike and Keifer's brush with the law, it's been delayed for a year.
Posted By: Pacinofan08

24 - 01/06/09 02:31 PM

Anybody watch this show? Its brilliant Kiefer Sutherland is an amazing actor.

There's so much action in it! smile

I have seen nearly all of 24, and hope it contiues to be as good. I liked 24 Redemption too

Anyone else think its good?

-Grace

Re: 24 - 01/06/09 10:34 PM

Can't wait until (Sunday?) When it comes back!

Re: 24 - 01/07/09 01:22 AM

Hi Grace and welcome! smile

I love 24. However, I still need to see seasn 6 (I keep saying I'll rent it, but haven't yet). I was hooked immediately. Great show.

TIS
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: 24 - 01/07/09 02:49 AM

This show sounds very intriguing. I've been meaning to start with season one, so maybe I'll get to that soon.

Re: 24 - 01/07/09 05:37 PM

The first eight episodes or so of season 1 are incredibly good. It dips a bit after that; it becomes too prone to what makes network television so annoying - for a film all about time (in its initial premise), it's become less and less creative in its handling of commercial breaks (and the cliffhangers that come with them) and it's become easier to spot its narrative patterns. It's not difficult to see who's going to turn traitor or be killed off before either happens.

Re: 24 - 01/11/09 08:33 AM

Tomorrow! (er...today)

And then another on Monday.

Re: 24 - 01/14/09 08:43 PM

I've only watched the 2 hours from Sunday, I have Mondays on DVR but haven't been able to watch it yet.

Looks like we have another awesome season of 24 coming up.

Re: 24 - 01/17/09 06:56 PM

WHERE IS EVERYONE?

DAMMIT!

This season rocks

Re: 24 - 01/18/09 11:25 PM

So far so good. Something tells me that this show will once again have a real interesting twist when all is said and done.

WARNING! DO NOT READ THE SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED BOTH SUNDAY (1/11) and MONDAY'S (1/12) EPISODES!!!!

Click to reveal..
You just knew that Almieda did not go over to the dark side. ......or did he? You never know with this show! lol

Re: 24 - 01/22/09 12:15 PM

As DC knows, I'm a HUGE fan of this show. The first 5 episodes this season have all been good. It's great seeing Tony back...even if the story behind his fake death is KINDA stretching it.

Re: 24 - 01/22/09 08:13 PM

24 stretches a lot of things, but it's pretty damn entertaining.

Re: 24 - 01/27/09 10:07 PM

It seemed to me that Tony was
Click to reveal..
having trouble with his decision to be the good guy. Maybe he'll turn bad again? I knew Rene would make it out alive somehow.

Re: 24 - 02/12/09 03:29 AM

No 24 discussion!?!?

Re: 24 - 04/14/09 12:56 PM

It seemed to me that Tony was
Click to reveal..
having trouble with his decision to be the good guy. Maybe he'll turn bad again? I knew Rene would make it out alive somehow.

Great call Longneck!
Click to reveal..
I think that he really snapped!

Re: 24 - 04/15/09 06:28 AM

It just brings up so many questions as to motive and whatnot, which is a great way to keep us watching

Re: 24 - 04/19/09 07:22 PM

I just finished Season 1 over about a month. I think season 1 leaves more things open than most.

Re: 24 - 04/19/09 08:01 PM

Season 1 was absolutely the best. If you're looking for some answers to what's been left open, I highly recommend that you do two things :

1) You order and read 24: The House Special Subcommittee's Findings at CTU. ( you can order it at Amazon by using the link to Amazon on these boards)

2) After reading the book you watch 24 season 2.

Re: 24 - 04/20/09 05:08 PM

I got season 2 for Easter. I'll start on it pretty soon.

Season 2 was the first season I ever saw, so I knew certain things would happen in season 1, but it was still great. It's been so long since I saw season 2 I don't remember that much about it.

Re: 24 - 04/20/09 11:03 PM

Get the book Longneck. It provides a lot of insight into Jack, the characters, Jack's indirect tie to then Senator Palmer and The Drazens! A fast and quick read.

Re: 24 - 04/21/09 12:51 AM

Get the book Longneck. It provides a lot of insight into Jack, the characters, Jack's indirect tie to then Senator Palmer and The Drazens! A fast and quick read.

I'll put it on my long list of stuff I'd like but probably won't get because I can't afford it. tongue

Re: 24 - 04/21/09 11:06 PM

I'll put it on my long list of stuff I'd like but probably won't get because I can't afford it. tongue

I'm sure that you can afford the book if you purchase it from HERE wink
Posted By: olivant

Re: 24 - 04/24/09 09:06 PM

24 stretches a lot of things, but it's pretty damn entertaining.

How about a series titled "23"? It's about one or more government agents et al who almost stop terrorist attacks.

Re: 24 - 04/25/09 06:16 PM

It'd be "12" if everyone just did what Jack Bauer wanted.

Re: 24 - 04/26/09 12:30 AM

If everyone listened to Jack, there wouldn't be a show to watch? lol

I understand that he is close to signing on for one more season. I think that the new character, Renee, is turning into the female version of Jack Bauer.

I just miss Cloey. Not enough of her this season.

I can't stomach the Jenine Garafalo character. She's nothing but a fucking wannabe Cloey! I don't trust her at all.

Re: 24 - 05/14/09 06:49 PM

Man, Kim has the worst luck.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET