Home

UK Members: Graham Norton??

Posted By: J Geoff

UK Members: Graham Norton?? - 12/16/05 08:23 AM

From what I've seen/heard, I find British comedian/host Graham Norton's show(s) damn hilarious most of the time! It's unfortunate that he hasn't made it in the States enough (apprently, for whatever reason) to carry himself.... ;(

But my question is... first, is he a big star in the UK, or is he like a piss-ant like used-up radio host Howard Stern?

And, any chance he'll be back here?
Posted By: Bella Mafia UK

Re: UK Members: Graham Norton?? - 12/16/05 10:16 AM

Well he was a fairly big star a few years back, he had a late evening tv show that was quite funny at the time, but since then I think it would be fair to say his star is in decline. The jokes started to get a bit repetitive and too mainstream, and I think he began to grate on people's nerves after a while.

He is still on tv, but is not really the man-of-the-moment he once was. Comedians like that tend to have a fairly limited shelf-life imo
Posted By: Senza Mama

Re: UK Members: Graham Norton?? - 12/16/05 10:29 AM

Geoff, BMUK has it more or less spot on. His move from Channel 4 to the BBC hasn't really worked. Oh and by the way he's Irish.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: UK Members: Graham Norton?? - 12/16/05 10:53 AM

The BBC gave him a massive contract and then never knew what to do with him. He faded out of the public eye at probably the right time.

I used to find him very funny but this was a good few years back - 6 or 7. He has a unique appeal but BMUK is right - he did start getting repetitive.

The funniest thing he was ever involved in was the excellent sitcom - Father Ted. He made a few cameos as an annoying over excitable priest and was hilarious.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: UK Members: Graham Norton?? - 12/16/05 12:50 PM

I never realised it until i read this post but he has kind of faded away a bit has'nt he?
Not that i ever liked him mind.....
Posted By: The Dr. who fixed Lucy

Re: UK Members: Graham Norton?? - 12/16/05 11:40 PM

He is as annoying as he looks.

© 2024 GangsterBB.NET