Home

I really, really hate Hollywood now.

Posted By: Don Vercetti

I really, really hate Hollywood now. - 03/14/05 10:53 AM

The Sandlot 2

I never thought they'd touch one of my childhood favorites.
Posted By: Blake

Re: I really, really hate Hollywood now. - 03/14/05 07:05 PM

My God.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: I really, really hate Hollywood now. - 03/14/05 09:04 PM

Now DV, don't hate Hollywood. It's actually a pretty neat city. Lots of different people, lots of weirdos, no one is afraid to express themselves. Much like the BB. :p

Blame Bush instead!!

TIS
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: I really, really hate Hollywood now. - 03/14/05 09:24 PM

I wonder what's driving them to make these films...
Have they done a research to find out what film everybody would love to see a sequel to? I mean, a sequel or remake (one and the same, usually) are one thing, but this seems to have come from nowhere.

A creative drought in the Hollywood Hills.
Long live independent and world cinema.

Mick
Posted By: Double-J

Re: I really, really hate Hollywood now. - 03/14/05 11:00 PM

What is the point of this movie? Even if JEJ is in it, didn't we resolve the whole sandlot-Beast/Hercules issue the first time around? Did we not see Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez turn his sandlot 0wning ass into a bench player for the LA Dodgers (poor guy, he was probably the worst out of all the Rodriguez's in the entire MLB)...?

Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: I really, really hate Hollywood now. - 03/15/05 08:33 PM

From what it says on the IMDB message boards, its coming strait to vidoe. Now if I may get off topic here...why do they even attempt to make films that they know arent even good enough to give a theatrical release?
And why The Sandlot? That was my favorite movie as a kid
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: I really, really hate Hollywood now. - 03/15/05 09:31 PM

oh Don Sonny, my naive little punk cyber-neighbor, you fail to realize that the VHS/DVD industry makes an insane amount of money. Hell, the corporate entity that owns Warner Brothers studios makes 30 to 40% of its annual gross from VHS/DVD sales/rentals.

Anyway, thats why there are sequels upon sequels to D-T-V crap that line up on video store shelves, collecting dust and dropped into obscurity.

As for SANDLOT getting a sequel......why don't I really care? Its not like it will erase the existance of the original film. Ignore it and it'll be thrown into the Wal-Mart bargin bin within 2 years.
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: I really, really hate Hollywood now. - 03/15/05 11:59 PM

I really love the original. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll rent this sequel. And about movies that go straight to video, I kinda like them. It makes me the premier.

"This is smores stuff. First you take the graham. You stick the chocolate on the graham. Then, you roast the mallow. When the mallow's flaming, you stick it on the chocolate and cover it with the other end. Then, you scarf."
Posted By: Rocky

Re: I really, really hate Hollywood now. - 03/30/05 06:10 PM

OK, now I really, really hate Hollywood.

The Bad News Bears

Why do they have to remake a perfectly good classic?
Posted By: Blake

Re: I really, really hate Hollywood now. - 03/30/05 06:26 PM

I was expecting bears to tell me more bad news about hollywood. Still bad movie idea.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: I really, really hate Hollywood now. - 03/30/05 06:59 PM

I've been hating Hollywood for awhile now with all of their stupid remakes or sequels. The last craze seems to be taking Japanese movies and Americanizing them. Seems like all of the original ideas are gone from Hollywood. What I was really mad at was the fact that I heard a rumor awhile ago about a possible Goonies 2. That's my childhood that they better not mess with!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET