Home

Beatles to each get a Biopic Movie in Sony deal

Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

Beatles to each get a Biopic Movie in Sony deal - 02/20/24 07:23 PM

The Beatles are getting the big-screen biopic treatment in not just one film, but a Fab Four of movies that will give each band member their own spotlight — all of which are to be directed by Sam Mendes.

For the first time, the Beatles, long among the stingiest rights granters, are giving full life and music rights to a movie project. Sony Pictures announced Monday a deal that may dwarf all music biopics that have come before it, with the stories of Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Starr spread out over a quartet of films.

The films, conceived by Mendes, are expected to roll out theatrically in innovative fashion, with the movies potentially coexisting or intersecting in theaters. Precise release plans will be announced at a later date. Sony is targeting 2027 for their release.

McCartney, Starr and the families of John Lennon and George Harrison have all signed off on the project through the band’s Apple Corps. Ltd. Sony Music Publishing controls the rights to the majority of Beatles songs.

https://apnews.com/article/beatles-biopic-sam-mendes-3f3f74076d78f16ac420820638e05de3
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Beatles to each get a Biopic Movie in Sony deal - 02/20/24 10:31 PM

I heard about this today and I think it's a great idea and I'm excited about it. I was always fearful of them making a Beatles movie because most biopics based on musicians just haven't worked for me outside of WALK THE LINE and BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY. Hoping this will be good and honor their legacy.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Beatles to each get a Biopic Movie in Sony deal - 02/22/24 09:07 PM

Meh, what could we possibly learn new from these films that we don't already know. The George one could be the most interesting of the four.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Beatles to each get a Biopic Movie in Sony deal - 02/22/24 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Irishman12
I heard about this today and I think it's a great idea and I'm excited about it. I was always fearful of them making a Beatles movie because most biopics based on musicians just haven't worked for me outside of WALK THE LINE and BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY. Hoping this will be good and honor their legacy.

You didn't like Ray then?
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Beatles to each get a Biopic Movie in Sony deal - 02/22/24 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by DE NIRO
Originally Posted by Irishman12

You didn't like Ray then?

It was alright, nothing special IMO.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET