Home

Coppola Apocalypse Now Getting the 4K Treatment

Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

Coppola Apocalypse Now Getting the 4K Treatment - 05/21/19 09:06 AM

Apocalypse Now - 40th Anniversary Edition 4K UHD

4K Negative Scan Reveals Depth and Detail
This is the first time the original negative has been scanned, since all previous transfers have been made from an IP. Over 11 months, over 2,700 hours was spent cleaning and restoring the film’s 300,173 frames. The 4K scan, combined with Dolby’s HDR processing (Dolby Vision), has led to a level of depth and detail in Vittorio Storaro’s cinematography that you couldn’t see before.

Includes a new cut, "The Final Cut" with the Original Theatrical and the Redux versions.

Now that Francis has finished with this 40th Anniversary Edition of Apocalypse, I'll be looking for the 4K UHD treatment and the chronological Godfather Epic in 2022 for the 50th Anniversary of The Godfather.. cool

Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Coppola Apocalypse Now Getting the 4K Treatment - 05/21/19 04:34 PM

This is a very great movie. It should benefit from the 4k treatment.

Re: Coppola Apocalypse Now Getting the 4K Treatment - 08/15/19 02:47 AM

Apocalypse Now special showing at IMAX on Aug. 15th & Aug. 18th, 2019

"Francis Ford Coppola’s stunning vision of “The Heart of Darkness” in all of us remains a classic and compelling Vietnam War epic. Martin Sheen stars as Army Captain Willard, a troubled man sent on a dangerous and mesmerizing odyssey into Cambodia to assassinate a renegade American colonel named Kurtz (Marlon Brando), who has succumbed to the horrors of war and barricaded himself in a remote outpost.

The IMAX release of Apocalypse Now Final Cut will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality The IMAX Experience® with proprietary IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The crystal-clear images, coupled with IMAX's customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio, create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie."

https://www.imax.com/movies/apocalypse-now-final-cut

https://www.imax.com/theatres

Re: Coppola Apocalypse Now Getting the 4K Treatment - 08/15/19 08:32 PM

Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Coppola Apocalypse Now Getting the 4K Treatment - 05/06/20 10:42 PM

what is different about this cut.
Posted By: Radiorich

Re: Coppola Apocalypse Now Getting the 4K Treatment - 04/07/21 06:35 AM

Hello u Talkin ,
I can't wait to see the movie on my New 4K Ultra one my favorite scenes in Apocalypse Now is the scene where fly over the village and bomb it with a great surround sound system it sounds amazing .
Sincerely Rich
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Coppola Apocalypse Now Getting the 4K Treatment - 04/07/21 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Radiorich
one my favorite scenes in Apocalypse Now is the scene where fly over the village and bomb it with a great surround sound system it sounds amazing .

You bet! One of the reviewers (Siskal and Ebert, I think) called it the best war scene ever filmed. Just stupendous for eyes and ears.

I advise every "Apocalypse Now" fan to watch "Hearts of Darkness," the documentary of the filming made by FFC's wife, Eleanor. Shows the almost surreal problems FFC had in making the film. Brilliantly done. Here is an excerpt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fYy36b0URI
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET