Home

Best stand up comedians

Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Best stand up comedians - 01/03/19 03:05 PM

Who do you all believe are the best stand up comedians of all time?
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Best stand up comedians - 01/03/19 03:43 PM

Rodney Dangerfield and Don Rickles
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Best stand up comedians - 01/03/19 06:23 PM

I'll say it: Bill Cosby was great for about 50 years. Even his last concert film from about five years ago was funny.
Posted By: SC

Re: Best stand up comedians - 01/03/19 06:34 PM

George Carlin was my favorite standup guy but Buddy Hackett was the guy I most enjoyed on talk shows.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Best stand up comedians - 01/03/19 07:29 PM

I too thought Carlin was the most amusing, then , 4 me , maybe Eddie Murphy's early stuff...speaking of Hackett, I read somewhere that he acquired the Anastasia house in Fort Lee N.J. after Albert's demise.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Best stand up comedians - 01/03/19 08:11 PM

Jonathan Winters was the all-time whacko--like Robin Williams on steroids--though he was at his best in talk show situations. Youtube has some incredibly funny Dangerfield and Hackett schticks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2FHsLj1Zkc

As for pure stand-up: I liked Jackie Vernon, an obscure but howlingly funny dead-panner who appeared on early Carson. Joan Rivers could be very funny before she became obsessed with talking about face lifts.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Best stand up comedians - 01/03/19 08:29 PM

Richard Pryor.
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Best stand up comedians - 01/04/19 03:06 AM

I was in my car the first time I heard John Pinette. I was laughing so hard I had to pull off the road.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Best stand up comedians - 01/04/19 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by mustachepete
I was in my car the first time I heard John Pinette. I was laughing so hard I had to pull off the road.

Funny guy. heard he died a few years ago
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Best stand up comedians - 01/04/19 05:17 PM

My top 5, no particular order

Richard Pryor
Dave Chapelle
Eddie Murphy
Bill Burr
Bernie Mac
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: Best stand up comedians - 01/04/19 06:48 PM

Dice is the all time favorite. Aside from the "big" names like Pryor, Murphy, Carlin etc... the first comics that I enjoyed were Bobby Slayton and Bobcat Goldthwait (when his act was mostly screaming non-sequiturs). These days I'm listening to Jim Norton a lot - especially the Chip Chipperson stuff, Legion of Skanks (Big Jay Oakerson, Luis J Gomez & Dave Smith), Dean Delray, Ari Shaffir, Artie Lange, Dave Attell, Dan Soder, Mark Normand, Rich Vos, Bonnie McFarlane and Kim Congdon.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Best stand up comedians - 01/04/19 10:10 PM

Louis CK is still pretty hilarious. I'd argue this is a lot better than his last standup special and it wasn't even supposed to be recorded.

Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Best stand up comedians - 01/04/19 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Turnbull
Jonathan Winters was the all-time whacko--like Robin Williams on steroids--though he was at his best in talk show situations. Youtube has some incredibly funny Dangerfield and Hackett schticks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2FHsLj1Zkc

As for pure stand-up: I liked Jackie Vernon, an obscure but howlingly funny dead-panner who appeared on early Carson. Joan Rivers could be very funny before she became obsessed with talking about face lifts.

Speaking of dead panners , I always can find enjoyment in Steven Wright.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Best stand up comedians - 01/05/19 12:59 AM

Rodney Dangerfield
Eddie Murphy
Robbin Willians

I think Andy Kaufman could have gone on to top them all but went completely bonkers.

https://youtu.be/9kpBzUQHYtM
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Best stand up comedians - 01/08/19 02:24 PM

Richard Pryor, George Carlin, Robbin Williams, Don Rickles there are many.
In my visit to Great Britain I did enjoy Billy Connolly, Rowan Atkinson, Eddie Izzard, and a night in Dublin and had a chance to see Ardal O'Hanlon.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET