Home

Cheese it! The cops!

Posted By: mustachepete

Cheese it! The cops! - 08/28/18 12:29 AM

Does anyone know why movie bad guys would yell, "Cheese it! The cops!," instead of, say, "Police - let's run!" Specifically, what is "the cheese"?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Cheese it! The cops! - 08/29/18 03:47 PM

It might have been some long forgotten slang, or probably just some movie writer's idea of how criminals would talk.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Cheese it! The cops! - 08/30/18 04:42 AM

I always wondered why the guy's always said "see?" at the end of alot of sentences...."ur at the end the rope,see?...and if u dont do what I tell u,u & ur creamy dish here r both gonna have more lead than a pencil,see?....

Re: Cheese it! The cops! - 08/30/18 01:43 PM

"See" is an essential part of the standard Edward G. Robinson impression, exemplified by Biggie Rat in the old King and Odie cartoons.

Re: Cheese it! The cops! - 08/30/18 06:18 PM

I know he said it most ,but alot of gangster movies applied that after "Little Ceaser. I was watching an old Virginia Mayo movie ( not White Heat } & some dude kept using it throughout the flick.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Cheese it! The cops! - 08/30/18 11:41 PM

I always thought that "Cheese it!" was a more polite way of saying "Jesus!"

You couldn't get away (in old movies) with saying "Jesus! The cops!" But "Cheese it" would manage to get around the Hays Office censors.

Of course, I've also seen people working in a local McDonald's turn a pre-made hamburger into a cheeseburger by shouting "Cheese it!" rolleyes

Signor V.

Re: Cheese it! The cops! - 08/31/18 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Signor Vitelli
I always thought that "Cheese it!" was a more polite way of saying "Jesus!"

You couldn't get away (in old movies) with saying "Jesus! The cops!" But "Cheese it" would manage to get around the Hays Office censors.

Possible. I was also wondering if it was a corruption of "chase."
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Cheese it! The cops! - 09/01/18 02:15 AM

I had some boars head baby Swiss today.... I think its the best boars head product I’ve ever had,,,,see

Other than their Ham,,,, see

Re: Cheese it! The cops! - 09/01/18 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by DuesPaid
I had some boars head baby Swiss today.... I think its the best boars head product I’ve ever had,,,,see

Ahh...Dues..I knew u would understand...NOW...ur gonna tell me how ur garden is ..see?..& if u dont , I'll street view ur shit see?..so u mine as well give up your angle see?..LOL. & make that pasta al dente see?!!!!
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Cheese it! The cops! - 09/07/18 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by hoodlum
Originally Posted by DuesPaid

Ahh...Dues..I knew u would understand...NOW...ur gonna tell me how ur garden is ..see?..& if u dont , I'll street view ur shit see?..so u mine as well give up your angle see?..LOL. & make that pasta al dente see?!!!!

LMFAO,,,, THATS GREAT.

Garden awesome, neighbors are Luvin me..... that all have been loaded up with Tommy Toes, Cukes , egg plant, green beans , and five varieties of peppers.

Posted a pic of one of the hauls in the GM thread.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET