Home

SHOT CALLER

Posted By: BillyBrizzi

SHOT CALLER - 07/11/18 10:24 PM

This is the best prison movie I ever saw by far.. I saw it in the cinema for the first time and have watched it twice already on Netflix, the first time alone and the second time with my girl. Even she loved it, despite all the violence which is usually not her cup of tea, but the story and especially, the Oscar worthy, tour du force of Nikolaj Coster-Waldau make it all worth while. All the acting performances were on par btw, from Jon Bernthal to the absolute savagery of Holt McCallany..

Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: SHOT CALLER - 07/11/18 11:45 PM

A good movie to watch. Shotgun was a tale sign, but they made it for later. The performance were actually pretty good, and the story was not bad. It shows what happens to many first timers in prison and the choices they make, regardless of their social status before being incarcerated.
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: SHOT CALLER - 07/12/18 12:07 AM

Been wanting to see this. I've heard it's pretty good.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: SHOT CALLER - 07/12/18 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni

You really should MG, if you have Netflix I'd advise you to watch it asap..

I never thought that the actor that played Jaime Lannister in GoT was capable of such an incredible performance, but the man was simply brilliant and I don't think there are a lot of actors who could've pulled off this role as realistically as NC-W. I mean the change in personality of the main character, Jacob ''Money'' Harlon was so severe and intense, that I reckon it really took a tole on him afterwards. The same went for Bryan Cranston after BB, and Heath Ledger after The Dark Knight is the most extreme example of course.. I have to admit that I even got a bit emotional at the end. His absolute devotion and the length to which Jacob is prepared to go to protect his family is what makes him a MAN who deserves nothing but the deepest respect and admiration..
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: SHOT CALLER - 07/12/18 02:41 AM

Haven't seen a good prison flick in a while. Thanks, I'm gonna check this out.
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: SHOT CALLER - 07/12/18 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by BillyBrizzi
Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni

You really should MG, if you have Netflix I'd advise you to watch it asap..

I never thought that the actor that played Jaime Lannister in GoT was capable of such an incredible performance, but the man was simply brilliant and I don't think there are a lot of actors who could've pulled off this role as realistically as NC-W. I mean the change in personality of the main character, Jacob ''Money'' Harlon was so severe and intense, that I reckon it really took a tole on him afterwards. The same went for Bryan Cranston after BB, and Heath Ledger after The Dark Knight is the most extreme example of course.. I have to admit that I even got a bit emotional at the end. His absolute devotion and the length to which Jacob is prepared to go to protect his family is what makes him a MAN who deserves nothing but the deepest respect and admiration..

Great explanation BB. I'll have some time off this weekend and will check it out then. Getting excited about seeing it!
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: SHOT CALLER - 08/12/18 06:17 PM

Fantastic movie! What I loved about it is the extremely desolate atmosphere it has going for it.
Posted By: Zero6245

Re: SHOT CALLER - 08/12/18 06:34 PM

Amazing film and a very realistic take on prison life.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET