Home

Some Thoughts on all the Essex Boys Films

Posted By: 2a

Some Thoughts on all the Essex Boys Films - 02/16/18 08:51 PM

So I just saw Rise of the Footsoldier Part Three the other day and I really had a good laugh . Not only is the film utterly mediocre , it also raises the question of just how many films are they going to make about the three clowns called the Essex Boys ? I mean I don't mean to take a jab at the dead or anything , but to my knowledge all three members of that particular trio were textbook examples of wannabe gangsters who got too big for their boots . Yet they still seem to be a popular topic among certain filmmakers .

Come to think of it it wouldn't be such a bad idea to give Fairbrass , Stone , and Manookian their own TV show . One in which they'd play the same characters they play in the films and have it run for several seasons till they get tired of it . It's title could be Essex Boys Reloaded or something like that ...

In all seriousness though , I think it's quite a pity that such mediocre small time characters have gotten so much screen time , while proper epic live action biopics about serious British gangsters ( like Arthur Thompson ) have yet to be released .
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Some Thoughts on all the Essex Boys Films - 02/16/18 09:01 PM

The first Rise of the Footsoldier was also awful..
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Some Thoughts on all the Essex Boys Films - 08/12/18 06:18 PM

The first Rise of the Footsoldier is fun as hell imo.

Re: Some Thoughts on all the Essex Boys Films - 10/02/18 04:40 PM

Well it looks like the fourth ( grin ) installment of the Rise of the Footsoldier franchise is on its way : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8769300/

I honestly think that Fairbrass , Stone , and Co. should be given their own TV show where they could rehash their chosen roles to their heart's content . I mean I really don't see why this clown show of a franchise has to keep treading on with movies , when they could be easily pumping out season after season .
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Some Thoughts on all the Essex Boys Films - 10/03/18 09:47 PM

Oh bloody hell...make it stop already...

Re: Some Thoughts on all the Essex Boys Films - 10/18/18 03:31 PM

Come to think of it the films are actually quite good when it comes to the cheap gangster flicks you watch for laughs category . And the first half of the first film isn't half bad either , it's just that it starts becoming a bit of a clown show when the trio show up IMHO .
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET