Home

yakuza and triads movies

Posted By: MeyerLansky

yakuza and triads movies - 01/29/18 02:06 AM

i just wanted to share that lately i have been watched some yakuza and triads movies
so far i watched war- with jet li
and the movie brother
and i have to say they are brilliant ! i think i will start to read more about real life yakuza and triads haha i am sure it's interesting
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: yakuza and triads movies - 01/29/18 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
i just wanted to share that lately i have been watched some yakuza and triads movies
and the movie brother
and i have to say they are brilliant ! i think i will start to read more about real life yakuza and triads haha i am sure it's interesting

You know whats a decent movie w/ heavy influence on the Yakuza & strring Micheal Douglas but dated,,,u may already
and the movie brother

have seen it but..."Black Rain",,can b @ times painful 2 watch,,also w/Andy Garcia.

Re: yakuza and triads movies - 01/29/18 08:35 PM

I don't know how my post got separated like that..Sorry Lansky.

Re: yakuza and triads movies - 01/29/18 10:04 PM

Haha
Thanks hoodlum i will watch it !
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: yakuza and triads movies - 08/12/18 06:16 PM

When it comes to Triad movies, I'd say John Woo's Hard Boiled is definitely recommended.

The king of Yakuza movies is Takeshi Kitano. He's got more than a few under his belt. If you wanna see a really messed up Yakuza-related movie, you can give Ichi the Killer a shot haha.

Re: yakuza and triads movies - 08/12/18 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
When it comes to Triad movies, I'd say John Woo's Hard Boiled is definitely recommended.

The king of Yakuza movies is Takeshi Kitano. He's got more than a few under his belt. If you wanna see a really messed up Yakuza-related movie, you can give Ichi the Killer a shot haha.

Thank you !!!
I'll check them !

Re: yakuza and triads movies - 08/12/18 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke

Thank you !!!
I'll check them !

Black Rain w/ Andy Garcia always shook me up..that's when I 1rst learned of the Yakuza,,,
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: yakuza and triads movies - 08/12/18 10:13 PM

Hard Boiled and War are at the top of the list. The Yakuza Papers is a good series, the first movie is by far the best and they are based on the events of the different clans written by Mino, which his clan Mino-gumi is named the Hirono family in the movies. This series is one of the most brutal series out there. Sonatine is another good one. There are many especially from the 1970's.

I recommend A Better Tomorrow and Internal Affairs for the Triads.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: yakuza and triads movies - 08/12/18 11:55 PM

The John Woo four:

-A BETTER TOMORROW
-A BETTER TOMORROW II
-THE KILLER
-HARD BOILED
Posted By: OurThing

Re: yakuza and triads movies - 08/14/18 05:31 AM

Cool thread though, lots of suggestions listed. I don't know much about Triads. Isn't that game "Sleeping Dogs" based around organized crime in Hong Kong?

Re: yakuza and triads movies - 08/14/18 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by ourthing
Cool thread though, lots of suggestions listed. I don't know much about Triads. Isn't that game "Sleeping Dogs" based around organized crime in Hong Kong?

yeah triads i guess
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET