Home

Birth Of A Nation (2016)

Posted By: BlackFamily

Birth Of A Nation (2016) - 10/12/16 11:37 AM

I've seen this movie last weekend and enjoyed it. The movie have a few inaccurate moments of course. I especially wondered how they was going to portray his death scene which was handled lightly instead of the actual gruesomeness of reality. Overall, I give it 7.5/10.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Birth Of A Nation (2016) - 10/12/16 05:09 PM

BlackFam,

Will reply if I go see it. Thanks.

Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Birth Of A Nation (2016) - 10/13/16 07:43 AM

Is there some special meaning behind the title of the movie, because it's kind of peculiar that it is the same as that KKK film from a hundred years ago, would they have done that on purpose?

Re: Birth Of A Nation (2016) - 10/13/16 05:14 PM

By Parker's own words:
" Griffith's film relied heavily on racist propaganda to evoke fear and desperation as a tool to solidify white supremacy as the lifeblood of American sustenance. Not only did this film motivate the massive resurgence of the terror group the Ku Klux Klan and the carnage exacted against people of African descent, it served as the foundation of the film industry we know today. I've reclaimed this title and re-purposed it as a tool to challenge racism and white supremacy in America, to inspire a riotous disposition toward any and all injustice in this country (and abroad) and to promote the kind of honest confrontation that will galvanize our society toward healing and sustained systemic change"
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Birth Of A Nation (2016) - 10/14/16 09:17 PM

Dudes a rapist, have no intention of watching a film from a rapist with his rapist-in-crime having a writing credit, that has rape scenes. And from everything i've heard from people i trust on movies it's a piece of shit anyway.

Griffiths' Birth of a Nation is also completely disgusting. Really hard to sit through. Broken Blossoms is fantastic though.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Birth Of A Nation (2016) - 10/17/16 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
By Parker's own words:
" Griffith's film relied heavily on racist propaganda to evoke fear and desperation as a tool to solidify white supremacy as the lifeblood of American sustenance. Not only did this film motivate the massive resurgence of the terror group the Ku Klux Klan and the carnage exacted against people of African descent, it served as the foundation of the film industry we know today. I've reclaimed this title and re-purposed it as a tool to challenge racism and white supremacy in America, to inspire a riotous disposition toward any and all injustice in this country (and abroad) and to promote the kind of honest confrontation that will galvanize our society toward healing and sustained systemic change"

Thanks for the explanation BF

Will never understand how people could treat their fellow human beings in such a way, things like that created a lot of my misanthropic ideas..

Re: Birth Of A Nation (2016) - 10/22/16 09:48 PM

I heard about the rape allegations after watching the movie and honestly don't see how that correlates with an opinion to view his works. The director/producer personal situations shouldn't keep people from watching this film.

There's no explicit rape scene.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET