Home

The People vs. O.J.

Posted By: DuesPaid

The People vs. O.J. - 03/15/16 12:44 AM

I have been watching this and up to episode six, it's very good.

I am remembering some things and learning others, it's almost like they put Marsha Clark on trial and not OJ

Also, that Judge it to was a complete schmuck.

Johnny Cochrane was sharp. The other lawyers idiots.
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 03/15/16 05:55 PM

Really DP you like it? I would rather cut off my own arm than watch anything that had to do with OJ or any of that trial ugh
OJ should have shot himself in the head when he was on the freeway. I remember that like it was yesterday.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 03/17/16 01:34 AM

Yeah, it's fun to watch how bad that trial went down.

It's like watching a train wreck.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 03/17/16 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By: DuesPaid
Yeah, it's fun to watch how bad that trial went down.

It's like watching a train wreck.

Agree Dues. It is a train wreck. Marcia and Darden are really made to look bad. It's pretty interesting. I just wonder how truthful it is or did it take some liberties with the real story.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 03/17/16 02:15 AM

My oldest son watched it. He is trying to get me to watch it.

If you can't watch it on netflex or amazon commercial free I am not watching it.

I know one thing the girl persecuritor and her co council were idiots.

The glove thing was dumb. As a persecuritor you never ask a question you don't know the answer to before you ask the question. The glove did not fit so you must acquit smile

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 03/17/16 02:17 AM

David hasselhoff remembers it remember?

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 03/17/16 02:27 AM

it's on Demand on the FX channel Foots.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 03/17/16 01:51 PM

I love this show, it gets 5 stars from me, with every episode it gets better. I watch it on the BBC, which is great because there aren't any commercials. The cast is great, but my favorite is Courtney B. Vance who plays Johnny Cochran, he was brilliant in the last episode..

This was my favorite scene: lol

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 03/17/16 02:01 PM

I agree Billy he's great. He really manipulated that trial to garner that Non Guilty verdict. I like Travolta as Shapiro too. What an egomaniac!
Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 03/25/16 04:53 AM

Just started watching it. Actuality alot better than I thought it would be. Far superior acting than I imagined.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 03/26/16 09:54 PM

This show gets better with every episode, mainly because they're focusing on the people, not the crime or even OJ. Wicked vein of dry humor runs through it, much of it supplied by Travolta, deadpanning that idiot, Bob Shapiro. Sarah Poulson deserves an Emmy for every episode. This week's, focusing on the jury, was even funnier.

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 03/26/16 10:50 PM

That was a great episode Turnbull. I like the behind the scene dismissal of some jurors and of the little cliques they have formed. Why did the DNA witness shake everyone hands? Did that really happen? Johnny Cochran actor is really good.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 04/01/16 06:43 PM

By coincidence, I saw a Nat Geo half-hour program on the OJ trial--good summary. Just incredible how every actor in the show (except for Cuba Gooding Jr.) is made up to look exactly like the real life people in the trial. And, the real life Marcia Clark had curly hair. Watching the TV show, I fell on the floor laughing at the tabloid headline: "Curls of Horror."

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 04/01/16 07:09 PM

Cuba Gooding Jr was a poor choice as The Juice.. He's not as believable to me as the rest of the cast.

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 04/01/16 11:04 PM

I absolutely agree on this one Bean, but I thought about it before and I couldn't think of an actor who would fit the part of OJ..

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 04/01/16 11:26 PM

Blair Underwood comes to mind

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 04/01/16 11:28 PM

Boris Kadjoe and Morris Chestnut would have also been better.

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 04/02/16 01:44 AM

I think Blair Underwood is too short, he's around 5'10, just like Cuba Gooding jr, but Kadjoe and Chestnut would be great choices..

I didn't recognize them by name to be honest, but I looked them up and I've seen their work. I think they would pull it off, both physically and acting wise..
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 05/09/16 03:55 PM

I think that the meaning of the TV series is how everyone seek fame at any cost. The friend of Nicole, who portrays in his book Nicole like a cocaine addict whore, Shapiro sees the story as a springboard, Cochrane as another step in his crusade as a defender of blacks by the overwhelming power of the white etc.
The only one who really was a friend of OJ was Robert Kardashian, and the only one who didn't seek fame at any cost. In a scene when he makes declaration, the journalists are mistaken spelling of his name, but Shapiro corrects pronunciation; in another scene when he goes to a restaurant with her children one of the female cashier just sees him says, "Oh my god,he is Kordovian "and find him a free table.

Then there is a scene that made me think,in the episode 3 when he is at the table with her children, the child begins to wonder why his father was famous, then Robert K begins to make a speech on "we are the kardashian, in this family has more to be a good man and a loyal friend, because the glory is ephemeral and vain, and it means nothing without a virtuous heart ".

I wonder if he had not died in 1999 what he would thought of his daughters.

Posted By: getthesenets

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 07/04/16 02:52 AM

The 30 for 30 OJ Made in America is just as good as The People vs OJ.

And the guy who would have been perfect to play OJ in the mini series is Dwayne"The Rock" Johnson. Tall, muscular....halfway has similar facial features. With decent makeup job, they could have pulled it off.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 09/20/16 11:39 AM

Actors who played Cochran,Clark and Darden each won Emmy award on Sunday.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 09/20/16 04:18 PM

People v OJ cleaned house. OJ was probably bittersweet watching from prison, realizing he's still winning, just not in the way he wants.

I like when Kimmel asked the real Marcia Clark (who was in attendance) if she was rooting for OJ this time.

Courtney B. Vance (Cochran) and Sarah Paulson (Clark) made this show. F/X has put out some good television in the past few years, with this, Fargo, American Horror Story. The next installment of "American Crime Story" is going to be based on Hurricane Katrina. Them and HBO are the only networks competing with the successful online shows on Netflix, Prime, Hulu, etc. It's like the rest of tv has just given up.

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 09/20/16 06:00 PM

Courtney Vance is a pretty good actor. I first noticed him in the remake of 12 angry men. He played the head juror the Martin Balsam part in the original.

The original was better.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 09/20/16 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
People v OJ cleaned house. OJ was probably bittersweet watching from prison, realizing he's still winning, just not in the way he wants.

I like when Kimmel asked the real Marcia Clark (who was in attendance) if she was rooting for OJ this time.

Courtney B. Vance (Cochran) and Sarah Paulson (Clark) made this show. F/X has put out some good television in the past few years, with this, Fargo, American Horror Story. The next installment of "American Crime Story" is going to be based on Hurricane Katrina. Them and HBO are the only networks competing with the successful online shows on Netflix, Prime, Hulu, etc. It's like the rest of tv has just given up.

Never got to see the series. Is it a rehash of the trial or behind the scenes info? Does film suggest that OJ didn't do it?

To be clear, is American Crime Story the same as American Crime?
American Crime had two seasons so far, and stars Regina King, Felicity Huffman, Timothy Hutton. Really intense dramas.

smile

TIS

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 09/20/16 06:02 PM

Hank Azaria won as best guest actor some thing like that in Ray Donovan.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 09/20/16 07:40 PM

A very good dramatization of the trial.

American Crime Story was the actual name of the OJ series. OJ was season 1. Season 2 is American Crime Story: New Orleans, based on the Katrina aftermath.
Posted By: Mr. Blonde

Re: The People vs. O.J. - 09/30/16 09:10 PM

My friend was in this (she was the juror referred to as "En Vogue"). Very exciting!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET