Twilight Zone

Posted By: Beanshooter

Twilight Zone - 08/23/14 04:53 PM

Twilight Zone (1959–1964)
"The Twilight Zone" (original title)
TV Series - 51 min - Fantasy | Horror | Mystery
8.9 Your rating: -/10 Ratings: 8.9/10 from 31,820 users
Reviews: 121 user | 58 critic
Rod Serling's seminal anthology series focused on ordinary folks who suddenly found themselves in extraordinary, usually supernatural, situations. The stories would typically end with an ironic twist that would see the guilty punished.

Creator: Rod Serling
Stars: Rod Serling, Robert McCord, Jay Overholts |
Posted By: SC

Re: Twilight Zone - 08/23/14 07:22 PM

"The Twilight Zone" was IMHO the single best tv series ever. Serling had a knack for writing, or finding, the best stories to be told. Add to that a great wealth of talent acted those shows.

Re: Twilight Zone - 09/09/14 08:41 AM

The Twilight Zone is on this morning on the Syfy Channel. From 8:30 am-9:30am for those who enjoy watching

Re: Twilight Zone - 09/09/14 08:42 AM

One of my favorites episodes, A kind of stopwatch
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Twilight Zone - 09/09/14 03:17 PM

Im afraid to say i've never watched this..
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Twilight Zone - 09/09/14 05:38 PM

I love Twilight Zone. Even tho now it's so dated with mediocre special effects,(I don't think even at the time the special effects (maybe that's not the correct word) were meant to be that good). It was tv. confused Yet, the stories are good (and unique) and Rod Serling's narration in the beginning and ending is the perfect touch. And of course the theme is fantastic!!!!

As a a teenager I remember having sleepovers and TZ was always on the weekend. We'd always make sure to watch. It was perfect slumber party tv.

Recently I watched a couple of my favorites (ie To Serve Man, and the one of the guy who loves to read and ends up in a library....can't think of the title) wink

TIS
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: Twilight Zone - 09/09/14 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I love Twilight Zone. Even tho now it's so dated with mediocre special effects,(I don't think even at the time the special effects (maybe that's not the correct word) were meant to be that good). It was tv. confused Yet, the stories are good (and unique) and Rod Serling's narration in the beginning and ending is the perfect touch. And of course the theme is fantastic!!!!

As a a teenager I remember having sleepovers and TZ was always on the weekend. We'd always make sure to watch. It was perfect slumber party tv.

Recently I watched a couple of my favorites (ie To Serve Man, and the one of the guy who loves to read and ends up in a library....can't think of the title) wink

TIS

That episode was "Time Enough At Last" with Burgess Meredith, of later Rocky fame.

Re: Twilight Zone - 09/09/14 08:35 PM

Deniro, here is the episode on the stop watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyOfrJEe0Io

Re: Twilight Zone - 09/09/14 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

TIS

That episode was "Time Enough At Last" with Burgess Meredith, of later Rocky fame.

One of my favorites. The show was simply amazing. its perfect just the way it is.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Twilight Zone - 09/10/14 05:23 PM

and the one of the guy who loves to read and ends up in a library....can't think of the title) wink

TIS

Wasn't there a nuclear bomb and he survives in the library and then steps on his glasses and breaks them ???

Re: Twilight Zone - 09/10/14 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
and the one of the guy who loves to read and ends up in a library....can't think of the title) wink

TIS

Wasn't there a nuclear bomb and he survives in the library and then steps on his glasses and breaks them ???

Yes, exactly. I didn't want to give it away. But that was the thing many times about the TZ......that surprise ending. LOL You're not quite sure where it's going and then bam!!!! lol

TIS

Re: Twilight Zone - 09/10/14 06:10 PM

This is the episode TIS and MaryCas,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJH_ZYxbcbI

Re: Twilight Zone - 09/10/14 07:14 PM

Thanks Beanshooter!!

smile

TIS
Posted By: cheech

Re: Twilight Zone - 09/15/14 08:15 PM

Fave episode is Talking Tina
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Twilight Zone - 09/15/14 11:26 PM

The older one was great, plus you get to see many young actors get their start there. The newer once were ok but not as good, with good episodes in the series.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Twilight Zone - 09/16/14 05:41 PM

Not sure what my favourite episode is since there's so many great ones and i haven't watched it in a while, but this one always comes to mind - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty_Two_%28The_Twilight_Zone%29 . Good call with the Talking Tina episode Cheech; it's actually called Living Doll, but that creeped me out when i was a kid, it was actually the second episode i watched after watching a double bill on FX or someting here in the UK when i was about 10.

Never watched any of the 80s series, but i did watch the first episode of the 2002 series and thought it was terrible so i just stick to the original now.
Posted By: cheech

Re: Twilight Zone - 10/24/14 01:45 PM

youre right, Living Doll...I used to watch them with my dad after Yankee games when I was a kid. my mother worked dispatch for a taxi company at night back then and my dad would let me stay up with him. one of those things you'll always remember.
Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

Re: Twilight Zone - 07/03/21 09:38 PM

Twilight Zone Marathon -- 76 episodes of The Twilight Zone Marathon this weekend on Decades! This Weekend: July 3-4, 2021

Over the air and on cable, and, Locast in some cities.

https://www.decades.com/binge
Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

Re: Twilight Zone - 07/03/21 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Its_da_Jackeeettttttt
Originally Posted by The Italian Stallionette

TIS

Burgess Meredith was also in a TZ episode where his occupation as a Librarian was found to be "Obsolete" by the "State."
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Twilight Zone - 07/03/21 11:27 PM

I love Twilight Zone
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET