Home

The Warriors (1979)

Posted By: DonMega1888

The Warriors (1979) - 08/22/14 08:30 PM

Plot

Cyrus, leader of the Gramercy Riffs, the most powerful gang in New York City, calls a midnight summit of all New York area gangs, requesting them to send nine unarmed delegates to Pelham Bay Park. The Warriors, from Coney Island, attend the summit and become the focus of the drama that unfolds. Cyrus proposes to the assembled crowd a permanent citywide truce that would allow the gangs to control the city. Most of the gangs laud his idea, but Luther, leader of the Rogues, shoots Cyrus dead.

In the resulting chaos, Luther frames the Warriors leader Cleon for the murder, and he is beaten down by the Riffs. The other Warriors escape, unaware that they've been implicated in Cyrus' murder. The Riffs put out a hit on the Warriors through a radio DJ. Swan, the Warriors' "war chief", takes charge of the group as they try to make it back home.

warriors come out and playyyyyyyyyyy!! love this film
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 08/23/14 02:32 AM

Great film, i especially like the baseball gang scene..I surprised there hasn't been a remake of this..
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 08/26/14 09:14 AM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
Great film, i especially like the baseball gang scene..I surprised there hasn't been a remake of this..

Me as well mate!!

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 08/26/14 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Me as well mate!!

Ajax: I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle.

Great scene
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 08/31/14 11:20 PM

The Baseball Furries remain a trade mark to the film, it is still a classic movie. There was talk of making a remake set in Los Angeles in the modern times, but I do not see if that were ever possible, as the Warriors is like a telling of the Odyssey, but with gang members trying to get back to their home turf.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 09/01/14 12:31 AM

I guess that baseball bat gang knows this. When you hit someone in the back of the head with a baseball bat. The person you hit face gets swolene and their Eyes get black. Some used to call that raccoon eyes.

It looks like they got hit in the front and not in that back. Fools even the doctors until they start feeling their face and realize their is no broken bones in the face.

Then they know he was hit from behind.

-------

Remember when the Spanish guy was following the black kid. They had a fight and the Spanish guy shot him. The big racial killing they called it the rev al was their. I forget both of their names.

All the white people were blaming the back kid.

I never blamed the black kid. I thought the black kid did not like someone following him. They argued the black kid pushed the guy to the floor. His head hit the cement side walk. That cut his head and caused his face to swell up and blacken his eyes. Then the Spanish guy pulled out his pistola and shot the kid and killed him. Not to save his own life but what you carry you will use if you get hurt.

That kid was not trying to kill that Spanish guy.

How do I know? Just an educated guess how that went down.

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 09/13/14 12:18 AM

This is one film that doesn't need a remake or "REBOOT" as Hollywood calls them,

It's a cult classic and will never be topped
Posted By: cheech

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 09/15/14 08:14 PM

Quick trivia. The kid Fox who dies by the cops on the tracks. Had money disputes with the studio. He wasn't supposed to die in original script.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 09/15/14 11:20 PM

Thomas Waites and Deborah Van Valkenburgh were supposed to get together in the movie, but Deborah and Michael Beck worked better. Waites was also argueing with Walter Hill and Larry Gordon, which ending up with his character being killed half way during the film.
Posted By: cheech

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 09/26/14 01:09 PM

right, sorta like what i said
Posted By: slumpy

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 11/13/14 03:47 PM

Me too, but I'm kind of glad they haven't. They'd cast a bunch of too-pretty-for-reality hollywood actors with zero grit, they'd polish it up and take away everything that made The Warriors unique.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 09/25/15 08:24 PM

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 09/25/15 08:26 PM

They could have shot it in Chicago any night of the week in the black area. Last weekend 8 dead 37 people shot. What happen to black lives matter? I guess it only matters if a cop shoots. Black on black crime they don't think that matters.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 09/25/15 08:55 PM

@Foot,

not sure what that has to do with the film, but as I pointed out before...there are people that will NEVER appear on mainstream broadcast/cable news programs who are on the frontlines trying to prevent street crime in Black areas or broker peace between warring groups. Often putting their lives at risk.

These individuals and organizations exist in EVERY major city.

Fighting an uphill battle but doing it anyway...away from the news cameras.

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 09/25/15 08:59 PM

I saw that movie when it came out.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 09/26/15 03:35 PM

Cool, video..
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 09/27/15 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By: DonMega1888
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Me as well mate!!

Ajax: I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle.

Great scene
"CAN YOU DIG ITTTT"....
Posted By: donplugconnected

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 10/01/15 01:48 PM

when i was 13 i had an obsession with this game and movie god i loved both.

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 10/01/15 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: donplugconnected
when i was 13 i had an obsession with this game and movie god i loved both.

Lol had to steal car radios to get money lol I remember that game now , rockstar who do GTA picked up the rights
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: The Warriors (1979) - 10/04/15 11:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
Thomas Waites and Deborah Van Valkenburgh were supposed to get together in the movie, but Deborah and Michael Beck worked better. Waites was also argueing with Walter Hill and Larry Gordon, which ending up with his character being killed half way during the film.

This is true, and Waites also doesn't appear in the movie credits. I was surprised to see him at the reunion. The Warriors is probably my favorite movie behind the Godfather movies. I hate what they did to it when they put out "The Director's Cut" on DVD though.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET