Home

Is this the final season of Boardwalk Empire

Posted By: Yankees1951

Is this the final season of Boardwalk Empire - 07/06/14 02:32 PM

From reading online it looks like they're going to rap things up this season. A lot of people stopped watching the show when they killed off Jimmy. Any thoughts opinions or insight?
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Is this the final season of Boardwalk Empire - 07/06/14 02:57 PM

I know it's the final season for Boardwalk Empire. I was disappointed Jimmy was killed off and really sad that Richard is gone too. I probably will watch the last season though. It is a pretty good show.

smile

TIS
Posted By: olivant

Re: Is this the final season of Boardwalk Empire - 07/07/14 12:27 PM

TIS, I was also disappointed with those deaths. I saw Jimmy and Richard as potential successors and supporters of Knucky through the decade in his battle with NY and Capone. I thought the writers made Knucky and Chalky too vulnerable and all that crap with Narcissus was ... well, crap.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Is this the final season of Boardwalk Empire - 07/07/14 01:58 PM

I agree with everyone's comments. But I'm going to watch it because Steve Buscemi gets better with each season.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Is this the final season of Boardwalk Empire - 07/07/14 04:22 PM

I still have only watched through Season 3, but it's a pretty good series. It's not on the level of "Sopranos" IMHO, but there are some good moments. I really like the mixture of real characters from history with fictional ones.

I completely agree with TIS that Jimmy Darmony's character was phenominal. His death was a great moment in the show, but for selfish reasons I wish that it came much nearer to the end of the series. And I was also stunned when Nucky's Irish bodyguard (name escapes me) was sent back dead in a crate.

Other than Jimmy, my favorite characters are Chalky White and Richard. And former FBI agent Nelson is completely off his rocker, but makes for a fascinating character.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Is this the final season of Boardwalk Empire - 03/17/19 08:31 PM

I loved Michael Shannon's character in Boardwalk Empire.

Broke my heart when he died.

But he did go out with a bang.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET