Home

Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale

Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/21/14 02:21 PM

Who do you guys think is the better actor? Personally I think with some of Bales recent performances he has quietly become arguably the best actor in the business right now.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/21/14 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Revis_Island
Who do you guys think is the better actor? Personally I think with some of Bales recent performances he has quietly become arguably the best actor in the business right now.

Dicaprio imo. He was excellent in Catch Me If you Can, The Aviator and The Wolf of Wall Street to name a few. Out of interest what recent performances are you talking about? I thought he was really good in American Hustle and American Psycho . To be honest i think there's better actors right now than both of them, like Daniel Day Lewis and Joaquin Phoenix.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/23/14 10:22 PM

The fighter, American hustle, the machinist, the prestige, batman trilogy etc. I think both are great don't get me wrong. But I just feel like Bale puts absolutely everything into his performances. I think American Psycho might be his best performance though.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/23/14 10:23 PM

I want to see Phoenix in Inherent vice. I know it's supposed to be a comedy but I can see him being funny. Still no trailer out yet which tells me that maybe the movie will be pushed back.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/23/14 11:15 PM

I want to see Phoenix in Inherent vice. I know it's supposed to be a comedy but I can see him being funny. Still no trailer out yet which tells me that maybe the movie will be pushed back.

It should be released in late December, there's plenty of time for a trailer.

Have you seen any of PTA's comedies? The humour is mostly derived from his scripts and even then it's minimal. Well i guess Boogie Nights is the exception. No doubt Phoenix is a dramatic actor, but i personally think he's the best actor working today and would be able to pull it off. You get to see flashes of it throughout The Master.

Thomas Pynchon has approved of PTA's script (the first of his novels he's allowed to be filmed) , so i imagine it will be just like the book. If anyone has read it?

According to this it's going to be The Big Lebowski meets The Long Goodbye, which can only be good.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Paul-Thom...dbye-42566.html

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/23/14 11:20 PM

The fighter, American hustle, the machinist, the prestige, batman trilogy etc. I think both are great don't get me wrong. But I just feel like Bale puts absolutely everything into his performances. I think American Psycho might be his best performance though.

He was good in Hustle and The Fighter. Haven't seen The Machinist, and i didn't find anything special about him in The Prestige (or that movie for that matter). He was ok as Bruce Wayne, but i'm probably one of the few that preferred Michael Keaton. Another one i remembered was his debut in Spielbergs, Empire of the Sun, he was pretty good in that.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/24/14 02:01 PM

Rescue Dawn as well. But the prestige isn't a movie that I can watch all the time like goodfellas or anything but I just think is performance is great. But nah I haven't seen too much of PTA. I should probably check out some of his stuff. I'm really looking forward to that movie.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/24/14 02:15 PM

Rescue Dawn as well. But the prestige isn't a movie that I can watch all the time like goodfellas or anything but I just think is performance is great. But nah I haven't seen too much of PTA. I should probably check out some of his stuff. I'm really looking forward to that movie.

You should watch them all including his debut Hard Eight, which is probably his weakest but he was only 25 when he made it. As well as his two short films The Dirk Diggler Story, which is the short film Boogie Nights is based on which he made when he was 18. And Ciggarettes and Coffe which is the basis for Hard Eight.

PTA didn't actually attend film school, he taught himself how to make movies by reading film magazines and started making movies when he was 12 from a camera his dad bought him. He later managed to become an assistant on a number of movie sets including for Robert Altman, before making his short movies with money that was supposed to be for college.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/24/14 02:21 PM

They are both good. Tho I haven't seen many of either of their films, I'll go with DiCaprio. Just last week I saw Shutter Island, and tho the ending was somewhat of a disappointment, Leo's performance was good.

A few years ago, I caught part of "American Psycho" on tv, with Christian Bale. OMG what a shocker. uhwhat I wasn't expecting such a depressing plot. Then again, what would one expect from the film title right? lol Never saw the entire film. I've seen it on before, but need to be in the mood to watch I guess. ohwell

Btw, I thought I read that at one time, they were considering casting DiCaprio in the title role.

TIS

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/24/14 02:25 PM

American Psycho is a black comedy, i thought it was hilarious. You should watch it all the way through TIS, it has a good ending/last 20 minutes or so.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/24/14 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel
American Psycho is a black comedy, i thought it was hilarious. You should watch it all the way through TIS, it has a good ending/last 20 minutes or so.

Camarel,

OMG,I must have not watched enough of it, but I really didn't know it was a comedy. It was late at night, I was half asleep but damn, it did perk me up. lol I just thought it was sick, but black comedy, does put a different spin on it I guess. lol I'll try to catch when it's on again.

TIS

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/24/14 03:08 PM

Well there are a few gory death scenes but they are too cartoony to take seriously imo. The comedy is quite subtle at times, but if you were to watch it all i'm sure you'd know what i mean.
Posted By: Hamilton

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/24/14 03:11 PM

One of my favorite movies
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/24/14 05:00 PM

Leo, FACT..

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/24/14 10:36 PM

lol

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/28/14 08:26 PM

Yeah American psycho was hilarious. Whenever he would talk about his favorite artists right before he killed his victims I would start dying.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/28/14 10:07 PM

Yeah American psycho was hilarious. Whenever he would talk about his favorite artists right before he killed his victims I would start dying.

You sound like someone he'd enjoy killing lol

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/29/14 07:17 AM

Yeah I'm sure hahaha. I have to pick up some videotapes.
Posted By: afriendofours

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 06/30/14 06:01 AM

DiCaprio i think is the better actor, but Bale is good too.

Really liked him as the cracked out Dicky in the movie The Fighter.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/08/14 10:34 PM

What about Matthew Mcconaughey? He's been amazing lately I think the route he's taken has been wonderful. He's been working with great directors and giving outstanding performances while taking risks at the same time. I think he's been the best actor in the business lately. And it looks like he's gonna keep up the good work with his new movie directed by Chris Nolan "Interstellar".

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/08/14 10:34 PM

I know that was a little off topic but I was just saying that he's up there too.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/09/14 11:53 AM

What about Matthew Mcconaughey? He's been amazing lately I think the route he's taken has been wonderful. He's been working with great directors and giving outstanding performances while taking risks at the same time. I think he's been the best actor in the business lately. And it looks like he's gonna keep up the good work with his new movie directed by Chris Nolan "Interstellar".

McConaughey was great in both Dallas Buyers Club and True Detective, but he still has to answer for some horrendous movies he decided to do in the past. To be honest he's in the "Hollywood love" period, which will last 2-3 years of him accepting Oscar-bait roles before he becomes a Marvel character or some other money spinning role.

This is what i'll always remember him for -
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/09/14 12:26 PM

Before he got black listed, Edward Norton trumped them all.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/09/14 12:33 PM

Worst/Most overrated actors

Brad Pitt (just a pretty face; almost singlehandedly ruined 30 Years a Slave with his one scene)
Mark Wahlberg (atrocious)
Denzel Washington (same in every movie)
Sean Penn (he can stretch every sinew in his face all he wants. I'm not convinced by his overwrought mugging)
Johnny Depp (plays an eccentric/pirate or a variation of an eccentric/pirate in every movie though Donnie Brasco proved he can be good)
Nicolas Cage (acts like he's on cocaine in every movie)

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/09/14 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Worst/Most overrated actors

Brad Pitt (just a pretty face; almost singlehandedly ruined 30 Years a Slave with his one scene)
Mark Wahlberg (atrocious)
Denzel Washington (same in every movie)
Sean Penn (he can stretch every sinew in his face all he wants. I'm not convinced by his overwrought mugging)
Johnny Depp (plays an eccentric/pirate or a variation of an eccentric/pirate in every movie though Donnie Brasco proved he can be good)
Nicolas Cage (acts like he's on cocaine in every movie)

Agreed on every one of them, but was Cage ever rated? To me he's always been a punchline for a terrible actor like Keanu Reeves except Cage is actually watchable. I liked Depp in Benny and Joon (good Chaplin/Keaton impersanation imo) as well as Fear and Loathing but overall he's overrated. Pitt was quite good in Se7en as well. Other than that they're all average or bad.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/10/14 12:37 PM

I disagree on Denzel I think he's great. Maybe lately he hasn't been as great but he's still one of the greatest imo. But yes I agree Mcconaughey has been in many bad chick flick movies. But I think he is answering for them now with his recent roles definitely. I'm just saying that as of present day I think he is one the greatest actors in the business right now if not the greatest. But we'll see. Norton was great I love him. I think him and Mcconaughey have a lot of similarities in certain ways. I think Mcconaughey has been phenomenal lately though very impressed.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/10/14 12:40 PM

McConaughey was great in both Dallas Buyers Club and True Detective, but he still has to answer for some horrendous movies he decided to do in the past. To be honest he's in the "Hollywood love" period, which will last 2-3 years of him accepting Oscar-bait roles before he becomes a Marvel character or some other money spinning role.

This is what i'll always remember him for -

I sure hope he doesn't just start taking the money. It's possible though it's happened before deifnitely. But Wooderson was great man. One of his best performances even though it was a small part. Alright alright alright.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/10/14 12:45 PM

And I like Pitt I think he's pretty good. He's never been seen as the greatest actor but a great actor. I think he's showcased that in certain roles. When you call someone overrated you're saying that they're average but get praised as if they're one of the greatest. I would never say that Denzel is average or Pitt for that matter. I believe both are great. Denzel more than Pitt. I think if you go down Denzel's best performances you'll see a lot of great ones. I personay prefer him over morgan freeman who I feel usually plays the same person except for the time he played the pimp. But even when he played the pimp I just couldn't find him believable as a tough guy. Freeman is still great. Just overhyped.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/10/14 08:57 PM

I just don't think Brad Pitt has the depth to pull off weighty scenes.

He's barely even believable doing a monologue in a perfume ad.

Don't get me wrong. I like him in Seven and Fight Club but it's not because of his acting. It's because he is/was a cool guy; at least before Angelina Jolie got her hands on him.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/10/14 09:56 PM

Just noticed this i think Norton also fits into the overrated bracket, to clarify i don't actually think he's a bad or average actor since Revis has redefined the word overrated tongue .*

Norton was pretty good in American History X and his best role imo: 25th Hour. The problem i have with him is Primal Fear, neither the choirboy or Roy are believable. Yet it's usually touted as an underrated performance, the twist is the reason people rethink both characters imo.

Saying someone is overrated in no way means you're saying they're average! Plenty of directors,actors,etc; i'd rate from good to great but still think they're overrated. For example i imagine if we were to have a poll of this site Quentin Tarantino would make the top 5 at least, while he'd be lucky to crack my top 20. Yet i think he's a good director.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/10/14 09:59 PM

I disagree on Denzel I think he's great. Maybe lately he hasn't been as great but he's still one of the greatest imo. But yes I agree Mcconaughey has been in many bad chick flick movies. But I think he is answering for them now with his recent roles definitely. I'm just saying that as of present day I think he is one the greatest actors in the business right now if not the greatest. But we'll see. Norton was great I love him. I think him and Mcconaughey have a lot of similarities in certain ways. I think Mcconaughey has been phenomenal lately though very impressed.

Really? That baffles me, what makes you think Denzel is one of the greatest.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/10/14 10:51 PM

I just don't think Brad Pitt has the depth to pull off weighty scenes.

He's barely even believable doing a monologue in a perfume ad.

Don't get me wrong. I like him in Seven and Fight Club but it's not because of his acting. It's because he is/was a cool guy; at least before Angelina Jolie got her hands on him.

Yeah I can understand that. I agree I don't think there's much depth to his performances. Only person I disagree with 100% with on that list is Denzel

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/10/14 10:54 PM

His performance as Malcolm x was all I needed to see. Even though he has many other performances. But that's the culmination of it all without a doubt. Easily should have 3 oscars with that one. I just think his body of work puts him up there as one of the greatest of his era.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/10/14 10:54 PM

Disagree on norton I don't think he's overrated at all. I think he's a phenomenal actor.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/10/14 11:02 PM

Just noticed this i think Norton also fits into the overrated bracket, to clarify i don't actually think he's a bad or average actor since Revis has redefined the word overrated tongue .*

Norton was pretty good in American History X and his best role imo: 25th Hour. The problem i have with him is Primal Fear, neither the choirboy or Roy are believable. Yet it's usually touted as an underrated performance, the twist is the reason people rethink both characters imo.

Saying someone is overrated in no way means you're saying they're average! Plenty of directors,actors,etc; i'd rate from good to great but still think they're overrated. For example i imagine if we were to have a poll of this site Quentin Tarantino would make the top 5 at least, while he'd be lucky to crack my top 20. Yet i think he's a good director.

Then quentin Tarantino would be overhyped in your book not overrated. Overhyped means you can be good or even great, but if you're being put up there as one of the greatest to ever do it when you simply don't deserve that praise at the moment then you're being overhyped. Overrated is when you're just average no different than most people in your profession but you get touted as if your an elite individual at whatever you do. Let's take Tim Tebow for example. Many people were overrating him at nausea. Not really saying that he was an elite QB but some people said he was a good or even great QB when that just simply wasn't true. Great QBs are great throwers of the football and put up at least somewhat impressive statistics which tebow did not. Nothing against tebow he's just the only example I could think of off the top of my head honestly. There's usually not that many people who are overrated. Overhyped yes, but not overrated. The word overrated gets overused today mostly because of sports imo.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 12:34 AM

Here's the definition's of overrate on the online dictionary. to assess too highly, to rate or appraise too highly.

Here's the definition of overhype from the same website and most dictionaries if you have one close; make exaggerated claims about (a product, idea, or event); publicize or promote excessively., To promote or publicize to excess.

So i think it's pretty clear i meant overrated, the word HYPE should've made it clear enough. I don't watch American Football, so after skipping to the end and finding out i overuse the word Overrate made my day lol

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/overrated

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 12:36 AM

Disagree on norton I don't think he's overrated at all. I think he's a phenomenal actor.

In what roles? Just wondering i personally think he's overrated.
Posted By: Yankees1951

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 01:36 AM

In what roles? Just wondering i personally think he's overrated.

He's overrated yeah your right he sure is!

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 10:53 AM

Primal fear, American history x and fight club are definitely his best best roles imo

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 10:55 AM

over-rated just means that an average person gets the same amount of attention as someone who is very good or great.

over-hyped means someone or something gets far far far too much attention. They might be good, they might even be great. But the amount of attention, fanfare, and noise is way out of proportion. It usually means someone is trying to make money and trying to get people to watch or buy it.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 10:57 AM

Here's the definition's of overrate on the online dictionary. to assess too highly, to rate or appraise too highly.

Here's the definition of overhype from the same website and most dictionaries if you have one close; make exaggerated claims about (a product, idea, or event); publicize or promote excessively., To promote or publicize to excess.

So i think it's pretty clear i meant overrated, the word HYPE should've made it clear enough. I don't watch American Football, so after skipping to the end and finding out i overuse the word Overrate made my day lol

Not necesarrily you overusing the word just people in general. Like you said you don't watch sports so you wouldn't understand my logic behind the whole overrated and overhyped subject.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 10:59 AM

And just curious, why would Tarantino not even be in your top 20? If you look at it objectivity can you really say that there's 20 directors with better résumés than Tarantino? I understand that he's not in your top 20 favorite directors but if you were lookig at it objectively would you put him up there? As a matter of fact name your top 5 best directors of all time.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 11:03 AM

http://www.thesportsfanjournal.com/sport...-and-overhyped/

Here is an article about being overrated and overhyped specifically related to sports if you are interested.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 11:39 AM

http://www.thesportsfanjournal.com/sport...-and-overhyped/

Here is an article about being overrated and overhyped specifically related to sports if you are interested.

I didn't read that far into the article but hear is a quote from it that sums up my feelings on those actors mentioned -

"To be overrated should mean that a player’s actual skill set does not match the value bestowed upon her or him."

I mean while i think they are capable actors i don't agree with them being called some of the greatest actors. So as i already explained overrated was the correct word to use and no matter how much you repeat it, it doesn't neccessarily mean i think they're average.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 11:50 AM

And just curious, why would Tarantino not even be in your top 20? If you look at it objectivity can you really say that there's 20 directors with better résumés than Tarantino? I understand that he's not in your top 20 favorite directors but if you were lookig at it objectively would you put him up there? As a matter of fact name your top 5 best directors of all time.

What are you talking about? There is no objective ranking of directors. There are plenty of respected film critics for instance that wouldn't have QT in their top 50, and there are plenty of respected film critics who think he's the greatest ever. Neither are correct, both just have opinions like me or you.

My top 5 directors:

1.Martin Scorcese
2.Alfred Hitchcock
3.Akira Kurosawa
4.Billy Wilder
5.John Huston

Also another 15 in no particular order to make it 20:

Paul Thomas Anderson
Sergio Leone
Steven Spielberg
Francis Ford Coppola
Park Chan-Wook
Howard Hawks
Bong Joon-Ho
Frank Capra
Coen Brothers
William Friedkin
Elia Kazan
Stanley Kubrick
Wes Anderson
David Lynch
David Fincher

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 11:52 AM

Not necesarrily you overusing the word just people in general. Like you said you don't watch sports so you wouldn't understand my logic behind the whole overrated and overhyped subject.

I didn't say i don't watch sports just not the sport you were talking about.
Posted By: afriendofours

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 01:53 PM

Not to mention another actor but Johnny Depp really is up there as one of the greats for me.

You just have to watch the Hunter S Thompson interviews to see how spot on he was. Same with Donnie Brasco(Joe Pistones) voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tiw9yg9E8g8

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 04:15 PM

What are you talking about? There is no objective ranking of directors. There are plenty of respected film critics for instance that wouldn't have QT in their top 50, and there are plenty of respected film critics who think he's the greatest ever. Neither are correct, both just have opinions like me or you.

My top 5 directors:

1.Martin Scorcese
2.Alfred Hitchcock
3.Akira Kurosawa
4.Billy Wilder
5.John Huston

Paul Thomas Anderson
Sergio Leone
Steven Spielberg
Francis Ford Coppola
Park Chan-Wook
Howard Hawks
Bong Joon-Ho
Frank Capra
Coen Brothers
William Friedkin
Elia Kazan
Stanley Kubrick
Wes Anderson
David Lynch
David Fincher

There are objective ways of looking at film. Personally idk how but the film experts and movie buffs always tell me that there is. For instance, you might ny be the biggest lebron James fan but looking at it objectively you would have to say the guy is great.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 04:18 PM

I guess maybe an objective way of looking at film would be looking at it as if it was a piece of art? I'm not a movie expert like other people but I'm sure they could give you a straight answer as to how they look at a movie objectively.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: afriendofours
Not to mention another actor but Johnny Depp really is up there as one of the greats for me.

You just have to watch the Hunter S Thompson interviews to see how spot on he was. Same with Donnie Brasco(Joe Pistones) voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tiw9yg9E8g8

Sometimes I just feel that he plays himself in many movies. But I do believe that in his best performances like fear and loathing in LV he was amazing. When he is on he is out of this world.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 04:24 PM

My top 5 directors:

1.Martin Scorcese
2.Alfred Hitchcock
3.Akira Kurosawa
4.Billy Wilder
5.John Huston

Paul Thomas Anderson
Sergio Leone
Steven Spielberg
Francis Ford Coppola
Park Chan-Wook
Howard Hawks
Bong Joon-Ho
Frank Capra
Coen Brothers
William Friedkin
Elia Kazan
Stanley Kubrick
Wes Anderson
David Lynch
David Fincher

I agree I believe Scorsese is the GOAT. What'd you think of Grand Budapest hotel? Personally I would put Tarantino at least in your list of people outside the top 5 but I guess you prefer different types of movies.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 04:27 PM

So you're a baseball or basketball fan? Personally football, baseball and basketball are my favorite.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 04:28 PM

Any possible ground breaking upcoming movies in anyone's mind? I used to think the Irishman would do that but Idek if they're still making that. I was thinking many the legacy of secrecy with De Niro and DiCaprio.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 04:37 PM

My top 5 directors:

1.Martin Scorcese
2.Alfred Hitchcock
3.Akira Kurosawa
4.Billy Wilder
5.John Huston

Paul Thomas Anderson
Sergio Leone
Steven Spielberg
Francis Ford Coppola
Park Chan-Wook
Howard Hawks
Bong Joon-Ho
Frank Capra
Coen Brothers
William Friedkin
Elia Kazan
Stanley Kubrick
Wes Anderson
David Lynch
David Fincher

I agree I believe Scorsese is the GOAT. What'd you think of Grand Budapest hotel? Personally I would put Tarantino at least in your list of people outside the top 5 but I guess you prefer different types of movies.

Grand Budapest Hotel is the only movie of his i haven't seen yet. I still like QT, he's just not among my favourites. I liked Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown and Django Unchanged. I thought Kill Bill was ok, and i'm not a fan of the rest.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 04:45 PM

My top 5 directors:

1.Martin Scorcese
2.Alfred Hitchcock
3.Akira Kurosawa
4.Billy Wilder
5.John Huston

Paul Thomas Anderson
Sergio Leone
Steven Spielberg
Francis Ford Coppola
Park Chan-Wook
Howard Hawks
Bong Joon-Ho
Frank Capra
Coen Brothers
William Friedkin
Elia Kazan
Stanley Kubrick
Wes Anderson
David Lynch
David Fincher

There are objective ways of looking at film. Personally idk how but the film experts and movie buffs always tell me that there is. For instance, you might ny be the biggest lebron James fan but looking at it objectively you would have to say the guy is great.

I see what you are saying, but the LBJ example is not a good one imo. For LBJ we have stats to analyze, that make it objectively true that he is great. We don't have anything similar for films. When it comes to The Godfather vs Goodfellas for instance, how can we say one is objectively better than the other? The answer is we can't, i personally prefer The Godfather but that's only my subjective opinion.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 04:46 PM

So you're a baseball or basketball fan? Personally football, baseball and basketball are my favorite.

Football (Soccer), Basketball and Tennis.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 04:55 PM

Any possible ground breaking upcoming movies in anyone's mind? I used to think the Irishman would do that but Idek if they're still making that. I was thinking many the legacy of secrecy with De Niro and DiCaprio.

Interstellar and Inherant Vice for me. There's also David Fincher's Gone Girl and Richard Linklater's Boyhood, which is a 12 year project.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyhood_%28film%29

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 11:03 PM

Yes gone girl is one I've been really wanting to see. I feel like I'm getting my hopes up too high though. Inherent vice seems interesting I need to see a trailer though. And kill the messenger looks really good from the trailer. Intrestellar I talked about before and I think that can be really great with mcconaughey and Nolan pairing up. Black mass with johnny depp I think can be really good. I can't wait to see that one. Idk if you guys have seen pics on johnny depp playing whitey bulger but he looks completely transformed. I can't tell if the makeup is brilliant or terrible lol. I'll have I see it on screen to judge.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 11:04 PM

GBH was funny though. It was alright as an overall movie. Idk if it's a movie that I REALLY liked but I'd probably watch it again.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/11/14 11:07 PM

Oh that's right you're in Scotland. I wouldn't expect football to be big in Europe.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/12/14 11:37 AM

Oh that's right you're in Scotland. I wouldn't expect football to be big in Europe.

It's not really big snywhere outside of the US to be honest.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/12/14 03:10 PM

Yeah idk why. I think it's extremely exciting.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/13/14 02:03 PM

What do you guys think of christoph waltz?
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/13/14 07:13 PM

What do you guys think of christoph waltz?

Brilliant Actor. Two time Oscar winner. Loved him in Inglorious Basterd and of course Django!
Posted By: slumpy

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/16/14 03:26 PM

Edward Norton was black listed? What for? I agree, though Ed Norton is an amazing actor.

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/26/14 10:51 AM

Just incase your still interested Revis here's an article saying Inherent Vice is now 100% completed, so i assume a trailer will be released in the coming weeks.

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.be/2014/07/inherent-vice-reportedly-completed.html#more

Re: Leonardo DiCaprio vs Christian Bale - 07/31/14 11:57 AM

Thanks man. Really looking forward to the trailer
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET