Home

Future of the Wanderers

Posted By: botz

Future of the Wanderers - 03/15/14 06:23 PM

I understamd this is a movie which should be in the movies column but I feel like I would get more answers here. Do u think the Wanderers gang evolved into a motorcycle club or do u think everybody just grew up and went their separate ways? Theres no wrong or right answer list your opinions.
Posted By: SC

Re: Future of the Wanderers - 03/15/14 08:45 PM

"The Wanderers" showed an interesting time in American culture. The '60s; and it was a time of change (and that was beautifully shown in the movie.... the mores, the music, the boys themselves). They would have gone on to middle age and middle class values.

Regardless of where you might think this topic would get more views it really belongs in the movie section (it doesn't have anything to do with Real Life Organized Crime). I'm moving the topic there.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Future of the Wanderers - 03/17/14 10:10 PM

Pardon my ignorance, what is "The Wanderers"? I know Dion was the Wanderer and Moses wandered in the desert for a long time. My curiosity is piqued.
Posted By: SC

Re: Future of the Wanderers - 03/17/14 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Pardon my ignorance, what is "The Wanderers"? I know Dion was the Wanderer and Moses wandered in the desert for a long time. My curiosity is piqued.

You're closer than you think, MC. "The Wanderers" was an excellent movie about an Italian gang in the Bronx in the 1960s. Their theme song was Dion's "The Wanderer".

Seriously, if you've never seen it you should check it out. I'd bet that you will enjoy it.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Future of the Wanderers - 03/17/14 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: MaryCas

You're closer than you think, MC. "The Wanderers" was an excellent movie about an Italian gang in the Bronx in the 1960s. Their theme song was Dion's "The Wanderer".

Seriously, if you've never seen it you should check it out. I'd bet that you will enjoy it.

LOL I was wondering the same thing. AND thought of Dion's "The Wanderer." I wonder why I don't know of that movie? hmmm I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the info. smile

TIS
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Future of the Wanderers - 03/18/14 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: botz
I understamd this is a movie which should be in the movies column but I feel like I would get more answers here. Do u think the Wanderers gang evolved into a motorcycle club or do u think everybody just grew up and went their separate ways? Theres no wrong or right answer list your opinions.

It's a movie, Botz. Just a movie.

The Wanderers were entirely fictional. A couple of the gangs were named after real life gangs of the time, namely the Baldies (who weren't actually bald), and the Ducky Boys. But still just a movie, and a great one at that.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Future of the Wanderers - 03/18/14 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: botz

It's a movie, Botz. Just a movie.

The Wanderers were entirely fictional. A couple of the gangs were named after real life gangs of the time, namely the Baldies (who weren't actually bald), and the Ducky Boys. But still just a movie, and a great one at that.

And pb, what gang were you in? In my high school - way up in the clean, white suburb of Pearl River, NY, there actually was a gang...well, more like a club - The Gentlemen - although they were the resident greasers, but they did have jackets.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET