Home

Lone Survivor/2Guns/The Purge/The Family/Prisoners

Posted By: southend

Lone Survivor/2Guns/The Purge/The Family/Prisoners - 01/23/14 02:46 PM

Lately I'd been wanting to see a good movie, and within the past week or so I've watched these four.

Lone Survivor - Easily and by far the best gun battle scene in a movie. Great cast starring Mark Wahlberg. True story based on a 4-man Navy Seal team on a mission in the hills of Afghanistan and the ensuing shootout. Edge-of-your-seat kinda movie whole way through. Type I'll be buying on DVD just to own it. 5 fucking stars all the way *****

Two Guns - Another Mark Wahlberg movie starring him and Denzel. These two paired up made for plenty good laughs and awesome action scenes.

The Purge - With Ethan Hawke. About a family inside their home trying to fend off masked intruders looking to murder them for the sole purpose of "the purge" which is one night a year when for 12 hours all crime up to and including murder is 100% legal and no emergency assistance is available including 911 for those 12 hours. Creepy movie. Worth seeing.

The Family - Robert DeNiro, Michelle Pfieffer, Tommy Lee Jones. About a former mobster and his family in witness protection being hunted by a crew of hitmen looking for revenge after Giovanni Menzone (DeNiro) testified against his mob boss and associates. Meanwhile they are quite a handful for their FBI handler (Tommy Lee Jones) as far as being low-key goes. Good humor, but not as great as I expected the movie to be. Still worth a watch.

Prisoners - Hugh Jackmon, Maria Bello, Terrence Howard, Jake Gyllenhall. When two men's daughters disappear after playing outside a mysterious RV the cops take the driver of the RV into questioning after he tries to flee, and soon release him after lack of evidence. Hugh Jackmon who plays the father of one of the missing girls decides to take matters into his own hands. Great movie, great acting, I'd definitely recommend it to someone looking for a good movie to see.
Posted By: paddy78

Re: Lone Survivor/2Guns/The Purge/The Family/Prisoners - 01/23/14 03:52 PM

the family- i was confused abt the whole french riviera thing, but i still want my money back red box.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Lone Survivor/2Guns/The Purge/The Family/Prisoners - 01/23/14 07:28 PM

I saw Lone Survivor...i thought it was pretty good.

Good cast besides Wahlberg ...Eric Bana, Emile Hirsch, Ben Foster, Taylor Kitsch and i think i even spotted Jerry Ferrara (Turtle on Entourage).

The title says it all and guess who that was? I'm really not a fan of Wahlberg but i thought he was pretty decent in this.

I thought "The Family" was ok but no big deal IMO. Cool to watch once but thats about all....for me at least.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Lone Survivor/2Guns/The Purge/The Family/Prisoners - 01/23/14 08:39 PM

I loved Lone Survivor. Great film. Prisoners was also good. The Purge and The Family sucked. Never saw Two Guns.
Posted By: southend

Re: Lone Survivor/2Guns/The Purge/The Family/Prisoners - 01/31/14 02:19 PM

The Family was indeed disappointing. Of my list I'd have to say Lone Survivor and Prisoners are my favorites
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Lone Survivor/2Guns/The Purge/The Family/Prisoners - 01/31/14 05:24 PM

I havent seen lone survivor yet but i recently watched prisoners basded off your recommendation and i gotta say its one of the better movies ive seen in a while.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET