Home

Breaking Bad's Final Episodes

Posted By: southend

Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/10/13 02:22 PM

The first of Breaking Bad's final episodes is set to air on August 11th. Any opinions or predictions on what might happen from those of you that watch? For you who do, remember that very last seen where Hank is on the shitter @ Walt & Skylar's house, and he opens up a book that was on the back of the toilet and sees those initials written inside, W.W. - Hank seemingly puts two and two together when he thinks back to a conversation he had with Walt, and you can tell by the look on his face that he knows what he just realized. And that was the end of that half of the season. Pretty pumped for the second half and to see how this all plays out. Should be pretty wild
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/12/13 01:52 AM

I am completly stoked for the last 8 episodes. I cant even begin to imagine the crazy and wild stuff thats going to go down or what leads up to walter at the diner buying the machine gun. To me braking bad is a brillant show and the acting is amazing, who would have thought the dorky dad from malcolm in the middle would be such a great bad ass meth cook. And to speak to the excellent writing there was that one episode where the whole thing is about walter and jesse r trying to catch a fly, which doesnt sound very interesting but i thought it was one of the best episodes of the whole show. Anyway i am sure the ending to breaking bad is gonna be epic.
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/12/13 02:10 AM

I think hank is going to start back tracking and looking into jesse as well. The information in the picture frame will add more drama. In my opinion, walt is going to die by his cancer or shot. I doubt their going to be an happy ending.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/12/13 05:15 AM

Aaron Paul said the ending will make fans "shit their pants." I've been looking forward to this for so long. Almost here...
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/13/13 09:51 PM

I love this show also, such good writing and good acting.. Its not going to end well i guess..
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/14/13 03:50 AM

Best show on television, as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait for the final episodes!

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/14/13 06:55 PM

In my rank of programmes Breaking Bad for me is up there with The Sopranos and The Wire.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/21/13 10:03 PM

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/06/13 08:01 PM

One of the best scene in the whole series...

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/06/13 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO

One of the best scene in the whole series...

Say my name bitch

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/07/13 12:00 PM

All the best programs only seem to run for six or less seasons, which is a shame..

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/07/13 10:56 PM

All the best programs only seem to run for six or less seasons, which is a shame..

That may not be a coincidence, considering many of those better programs know when to go out on top instead of running the show into the ground way after the quality has gone down simply to keep making money.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/08/13 08:48 PM

Yeah good point..
Posted By: jace

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/10/13 05:55 AM

Hank will be big part of these last episodes. I think final episode will be a showdown between him and Walt. Will Hank turn in his brother -in-law is the question. I think he will. He might also have to have his wives sister arrested for her role in money laundering.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/11/13 06:15 PM

just been catching up on the last season. I think aswell as hank trying to bring him down, another cartel or a surviving boss that gus didnt kill comes back and begins to slowly wipe out his organisation, walter will try and get the aryans involved. I do think that one of his family is going to die by the end if not him.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/11/13 08:04 PM

Just started watching the show on Netflix. Amazing story line and writers. I'm hooked!
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/11/13 10:35 PM

Quote from tonights show according to this article i just read :

"All along it was YOU," Hank seethes in the opener. "I will put you under the jail!"

"In six months you won't have someone to prosecute," taunts Walt, who, after all, is dying from terminal cancer. Then he adds as a barely veiled threat: "Maybe your best course would be to tread lightly."

http://www.silive.com/entertainment/tvfilm/index.ssf/2013/08/breaking_bad_star_dean_norris.html

Good article, check it out.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/12/13 07:55 AM

Great first episode. They didn't waste any time getting right to it.
Posted By: tenpin477

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/13/13 04:19 AM

Tread lightly is still giving me chills
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/13/13 06:04 AM

It was awesome right off the bat.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/13/13 06:58 AM

I hope they keep up the intensity thorugh all the final season's episodes. I hope Hank doesn't keep fainting and having anxiety atacks. It was useful in season where he was switched to field supervisor job, but will get tired if they try to go back to it again.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/13/13 12:35 PM

Excellent episode as usual. Tread lightly

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/17/13 07:27 AM

I just watched the episode for a second time. Seeing Jesse do what he did with the money was tough to watch. I used to like him, but now if Walt kills him it's not going to bother me. He is so far over the edge I think he will flip in a second if Hank gets a hold of him.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/17/13 04:24 PM

Ya jesse being such a little bitch, i liked him better when he was a meth head i think lol.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/18/13 08:12 PM

Put yourself in Jesse shoes, he's been through alot and killing the kid and disposing of the body the way they did, has just pushed him over the edge i guess..

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/19/13 02:21 AM

Good show tonight. Where do we start? I won't go any further in case it hasn't aired yet where different posters are.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/19/13 04:09 AM

Very good episode. Went by rather fast, I thought. Chickens continue to come home to roost. With only six episodes left, this is going to be non-stop intensity all the way until the end.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/19/13 05:56 AM

Hey Ivy i noticed you decided to go with the avatar of Heisenberg with the hat. Good choice, i think Walt looks way more sinister with the hat on.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/19/13 06:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Hey Ivy i noticed you decided to go with the avatar of Heisenberg with the hat. Good choice, i think Walt looks way more sinister with the hat on.

I was fine with the other one but the photo link went dead. So I just put up the other one.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/19/13 08:39 PM

marie slapping skyler looked like it was real. best tv slap ive seen.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/20/13 01:04 AM

AMC has done an aftershow called Talking Bad the last couple of episodes. This is last nights show.

Guests Anna Gunn and Aaron Paul discuss Breaking Bad Episode 510, Buried with host Chris Hardwick.

Watch on YouTube @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x24cX3GsU4Y

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/20/13 12:20 PM

Does anybody think Jesse will talk?

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/21/13 10:29 AM

i think he will start talking but walt will get him out of their some how. Then i think walt will be trying to kill him but jesse manages to escape setting off a cat and mouse game for the next couple of episodes.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/21/13 01:55 PM

Not yet, but he's definitely a potential problem for Walt.

Throwing millions out of your car isn't illegal but he might have some explaining to do to the tax man. He should say he just found it and didn't want to keep it so he thought it would be cool to spread some love around the poor section of town.

The actor who plays Jesse was asked on TMZ about a possible BB movie but he said there will be nobody left alive to make any movie. Not sure if he was kidding or seriously meant it. I hope he was serious and the final scene is Walt going out like Scarface Tony Montana.

2 episodes down and just 6 left, this is going to be good.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/21/13 04:14 PM

Not yet, but he's definitely a problem and weak link for Walt.

Throwing millions out of your car isn't illegal but he might have some explaining to do to the tax man. He should say he just found it and didn't want to keep it so he thought it would be cool to spread some love around the poor section of town.

The actor who plays Jesse was asked on TMZ about a possible BB movie but he said there will be nobody left alive to make any movie. Not sure if he was kidding or seriously meant it. I hope he was serious and the final scene is Walt going out like Scarface Tony Montana.

2 episodes down and just 6 left, this is going to be good.

And walt buying that trunk full of machine gun and ammo is a perfect setup for that scarface ending.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/21/13 08:54 PM

Walt i think somehow will be the last man standing or he will wake up and it was all a dream(Dallas)

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/22/13 01:13 AM

I notice nobody haven't mention the situation with Walt's former business partner ( forgot her name) taking over the other crew out. Leader last one to get killed.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/22/13 01:59 AM

Lydia...looks like she took over everything after Walt retired. She wants Todd to do the meth cooking...and it seems like her people in the Czech Republic weren't happy with the products quality.
Posted By: Lilo

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/23/13 11:00 AM

When push comes to shove the words read "til death do us part". I thought it was interesting that Skyler and Marie both sided with their respective husbands.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/23/13 08:16 PM

I thought the Diner scene was well acted.. "Am i under arrest"

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/24/13 07:16 PM

Lydia...looks like she took over everything after Walt retired. She wants Todd to do the meth cooking...and it seems like her people in the Czech Republic weren't happy with the products quality.

To be more exact, she partnered up with those Arizona guys, i.e. they were her new suppliers for the Czech Republic. But when their quality wasn't up to snuff, she sought out Todd's Uncle's crew.

The actor who plays Jesse was asked on TMZ about a possible BB movie but he said there will be nobody left alive to make any movie.

Much like The Sopranos.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/26/13 07:06 AM

Another great episode. Walt seemingly takes care of one problem but now has another. I can't even imagine how this will all end.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/26/13 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Another great episode. Walt seemingly takes care of one problem but now has another. I can't even imagine how this will all end.

I liked it too. Did you see the look on Hank and Maries faces as they watched Walts "confession"? Priceless! And when Hank found out that Marie took money from Walt and Skylar for his medical bills. lol!

Well it looks like Jesse finally snapped. Wonder how far he'll really go? We know Walt will make it to the final episode but maybe Jesse will try to hurt his family? Possible.

I expect to see Lydia and her new crew next week. Maybe they try to get Walt to unretire again and he refuses so that would set up a showdown between them. He wanted that M60 for a reason and i think those guys are possibly it. Could be wrong though.

I hate waiting another week. I wish they made it 4 2hr episoodes instead of 8 1hr shows. It goes by much too quickly for me. Just as i'm really getting into the show it's over.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/26/13 06:18 PM

Jesse has too much of a conscience to go after Walt's family. But obviously him going after Walt is another story.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/26/13 08:02 PM

Good episode, i cant even begin to predict whats going to happen as i know ill be wrong..

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/27/13 05:11 AM

Well, that certainly did explain for Heisenberg on the wall and the neighbor's reaction. grin

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/27/13 01:02 PM

I dont think Jesse will go ahead and set fire to the house as in the fast forward scene the house doesnt' look like it has been set a light, I think Walk will get there in time or Skyler will walk in..

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/27/13 10:10 PM

I liked it too. Did you see the look on Hank and Maries faces as they watched Walts "confession"? Priceless! And when Hank found out that Marie took money from Walt and Skylar for his medical bills. lol!

Well it looks like Jesse finally snapped. Wonder how far he'll really go? We know Walt will make it to the final episode but maybe Jesse will try to hurt his family? Possible.

I expect to see Lydia and her new crew next week. Maybe they try to get Walt to unretire again and he refuses so that would set up a showdown between them. He wanted that M60 for a reason and i think those guys are possibly it. Could be wrong though.

I hate waiting another week. I wish they made it 4 2hr episoodes instead of 8 1hr shows. It goes by much too quickly for me. Just as i'm really getting into the show it's over.

I feel same way on how episodes should air. I fast forward through all the interuptions, and it winds up being a half- hour show. 4 2hr episodes would be great.

I don't see how they can fit in Lydia and her new crew into final episodes without the show leaving out loose ends between the main characters. Hank, Jesse, Walt, the wives, Saul, they have enough on their plates already. And yes Giancarlo, confession scene was great. Classic. Episode was titled Confession, which made everyone think it would be Jesse confessing to Hank. Another smart move by producers.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 08/27/13 10:14 PM

I dont think Jesse will go ahead and set fire to the house as in the fast forward scene the house doesnt' look like it has been set a light, I think Walk will get there in time or Skyler will walk in..

Maybe Jesse confronts the son about what him and Walter were up to. Or he kills either the son or Skyler, complicating things. If Jesse kills the son, would Hank want anything to do with him as a witness? It could even be out of Hank's hands now.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/01/13 10:37 PM

Interesting stuff here...

Exclusive Photos: Inside The ‘Breaking Bad’ Writers’ Room And A Glimpse At Storylines Not Pursued

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/08/breaking-bad-writers-room-photos/

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/01/13 11:16 PM

Interesting stuff here...

Exclusive Photos: Inside The ‘Breaking Bad’ Writers’ Room And A Glimpse At Storylines Not Pursued

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/08/breaking-bad-writers-room-photos/

Pretty interesting, thanks.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/02/13 05:30 AM

More of a set-up episode this week. But the showdown is coming.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/02/13 02:28 PM

I can understand Jesse's course of action but it's sad that they are at war, i was hoping they could work things and that it would be them against Hank.

Does anybody else agree that Walter Jr is one of the most pointless characters in TV history, he offers nothing to the show..

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/02/13 08:15 PM

I can understand Jesse's course of action but it's sad that they are at war, i was hoping they could work things and that it would be them against Hank.

Yeah, I hate that Walt and Jesse are at odds with one another now.

Quote:
Does anybody else agree that Walter Jr is one of the most pointless characters in TV history, he offers nothing to the show..

He seemed to have more purpose early on in the show but, as the series went on, there wasn't enough time to really develop his character.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/02/13 08:46 PM

Pretty crazy Skylar seemed to be telling Walt to kill Jesse. She had maybe the best line in last nights episode.

“We’re in this far. What’s one more?”

Sounded like Walt is bringing in Todd's uncle to deal with Jesse. But if he's still living with Hank maybe they'll try to take out both of them. Just guessing on that though. Next weeks show should be pretty decent.

4 episodes down and just 4 more to go.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/03/13 03:47 AM

Pretty crazy Skylar seemed to be telling Walt to kill Jesse. She had maybe the best line in last nights episode.

Sounded like Walt is bringing in Todd's uncle to deal with Jesse. But if he's still living with Hank maybe they'll try to take out both of them. Just guessing on that though. Next weeks show should be pretty decent.

Some people were shocked at Skyler but, when you consider she feels her family is in danger (and she had been drinking), it's not that surprising.

Still wondering what Jesse meant by "hurt you where you really live." Get at Walt's money somehow?

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/03/13 03:08 PM

But only Walt knows where the money is buried???

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/04/13 02:56 AM

But only Walt knows where the money is buried???

True. But it seemed like Jesse was talking about hitting Walt where it would hurt the most. There is his family but I don't think Jesse would ever go after them. The money is the only other thing I can think of.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/04/13 04:45 AM

He obviously went for the house, as house was trashed. He probably would tell junkies on the street who Heisenberg is and where he lives.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/05/13 05:57 PM

Decent article on the BB show.

'Breaking Bad' reveals secrets behind Walter White's evil genius

http://www.today.com/entertainment/walter-whites-evil-genius-breaking-bad-8C11066150

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/05/13 08:46 PM

Walter really is a evil genius, as Jesse said in the last episode Mr White is the devil..

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/09/13 07:38 AM

Tonight's episode....HOLY...FREAKING....CRAP.

Click to reveal..
Dollars to donuts Hank and Gomez are dead men.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/09/13 10:55 AM

I liked how that guy was trying to put the moves on Lydia but she wasn't having it.
If the show is true to itself
Click to reveal..
there's no way that Gomez and Hank survive that ending. That was some Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid/ Takers stuff right there.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/09/13 12:05 PM

Wow what an ending

Click to reveal..
didn't think they would should up like that, i think Gomez is a goner but Hank will probably survive somehow and Jesse as well. Looking forward to next week..Was a good set up by Hank, i had the impression that Walt took them out to a false place until the crew turned up.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/09/13 01:57 PM

This show is not messing around. Jeez.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/09/13 05:13 PM

That shootout was a joke, at least so far. Several hundred rounds fired and not one guy got hit. C'mon, where did these losers learn to shoot? I've heard of spray and pray but that was comical.

Well i guess a few thousand rounds later Hank and his partner will be goners. Not so sure about Jesse, though i hope Walter kills him himself which i doubt he will. So maybe the nuts do kill him but for some reason i think he'll be around to the final show or maybe the one before it. But maybe not, not sure on that one.

First time in the entire history of the show i thought Walt was an idiot. He lead the DEA, Jesse and the Nazi lovers straight to his multi hundred million dollar stash. Way to go Walt. Almost seems like the only people not there were Badger and Skinny Pete. lol

I would bet at least Hank and his partner are history and Todd and his uncles crew of loons take Walts stash of cash because they know Walt didn't go out there for the view. Then the final showdown will be between Walter and the gang of psycho's.

Now in the flashforward Walter has a full head of hair so i guess some time passes before the final showdown. And didn't one of the cars have a New Hamshire tag on it? At the diner Walt took a bag out the car (with the NH tag) and then puts it in the one with the M60 machine gun. So maybe Walt was in New Hampshire after the big shootout??

Thoughts? Predictions?

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/09/13 07:31 PM

You could be right about the Nazi crew taking the money. I too think Jesse will be around in the last episode. Hard to predict what is going to happen in the last episode as you never know with this show and that is why it is so good.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/09/13 07:43 PM

That is true....you never know with these writers. I could be completely wrong on all of it. It wouldn't be the first time. lol

Ivy was right about when Jesse said he wanted to hurt Walt where he would hurt the most. It was his cash, but i never thought Walter would lead half the town to his multi million dollar stash in the desert. That did surprise me, but the thought of Jesse burning up his cash really shook him up bad.

I wonder if Lydia will somehow fit into the final equation. Not really sure why, but for some reason i like her.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/09/13 10:18 PM

I like Lydia too, she seems soft but powerful at the same time, who is she working for anyway?

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/10/13 04:06 AM

That is true....you never know with these writers. I could be completely wrong on all of it. It wouldn't be the first time. lol

Ivy was right about when Jesse said he wanted to hurt Walt where he would hurt the most. It was his cash, but i never thought Walter would lead half the town to his multi million dollar stash in the desert. That did surprise me, but the thought of Jesse burning up his cash really shook him up bad.

I wonder if Lydia will somehow fit into the final equation. Not really sure why, but for some reason i like her.

Walt not thinking, but reacting on pure emotion, is understandable. That money is all he has to show for selling his soul and, with it gone, it would have all been for nothing.

I think we should wait until the opening of the next episode to make judgments about how realistic it is. My guess is, like this one, it will start immediately where the prior one left off. Hank and Gomez making it to the car for cover is conceivable, I suppose, but neither of them living. I agree with Lilo that the most realistic case is for them both to end up dead, which is what I think will happen. As for Jesse, I think Walt will convince Todd's uncle not to kill him.

Where it goes from there, I have no idea. RJ Mitte (Walt Jr.) says the next episode will be even crazier than this one was.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/10/13 04:29 AM

In the flash forward the car at the diner where he bought the m60 had New Hampshire tags on it. He took his bag from it and put it the other car with the machine gun. Also he showed the waitress his license and that was a New Hampshire drivers license. I have no idea why but it makes me think Walt goes there for some unknown reason. And the full head of hair says some time went by. I wonder whats in NH?

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/10/13 07:56 AM

The title of the next episode is a reference to Ozymandias, the Percy Bysshe Shelley poem of the same name. The poem illustrates the futility of humans building empires, because there is nothing that humans can do to prevent the erosion of their empires by time. It contains the famous line, "Look on my works, Ye Mighty, and despair!"

In a 2013 trailer for the series, Bryan Cranston reads the entire poem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3dpghfRBHE

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/10/13 10:28 AM

The only thing significant about NH at this point is what made the title of that episode, "Live free or die."

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/10/13 06:15 PM

Todd's uncle and his men were burglers when they were introduced to show. Then Todd kills that boy, and the uncle and his men take out all those members of drug gang in desert. Now they will help run drug ring. It's a big leap. When we were intorduced to them they had that cover of exterminating company workers, maybe that was a joke ? Exterminators=killers.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/11/13 10:12 AM

I dont think todds uncle and the extiminators were the same people, just todd worked for the extirmantors i think.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/12/13 10:20 AM

Breaking Bad spin-off prequel announced
1 hour ago

Bob Odenkirk (right) stars as scheming lawyer Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad opposite Bryan Cranston
US network AMC has announced a Breaking Bad spin-off prequel, based around the character of lawyer Saul Goodman.

Better Call Saul will see Bob Odenkirk reprise his role as the crooked criminal lawyer in the one-hour show, AMC and Sony Pictures said.

It added the spin-off would "focus on the evolution" of the character before he came to represent crystal meth kingpin Walter White.

AMC did not say when production was due to start or when the show would air.

The title of the prequel is taken from a season two episode of Breaking Bad where Walt and Jesse hire Goodman after seeing the lawyer's TV commercial featuring the slogan, "Better Call Saul!".

With Goodman serving as the comic relief in the original series, the spin-off is expected to be more comedic than Breaking Bad.

Creator Vince Gilligan first hinted at the possibility of a series centred around the scheming lawyer last year.

"I think a Saul Goodman show could have great legs," he told Entertainment Weekly.

"I love the idea of a lawyer who will do anything to avoid going to court. He's always going to settle on the courthouse steps."

'Happy to do it'

Actor Odenkirk also said in an interview in April he was excited at the prospect of a spin-off.

Saul Goodman first appeared in season two of Breaking Bad
"Vince is still really busy with the show, so we haven't talked very in-depth about it, but he clearly thinks it's a possibility," he told Vulture.

"And I've certainly told him that if there was some way to see more of Saul, then I would be happy to do it."

According to industry website Deadline, the spin-off has been in the works for months, however protracted talks between AMC and Sony Pictures delayed an agreement.

Other networks and outlets - including subscription site Netflix - had reportedly been interested in picking up the show had negotiations between AMC and Sony Pictures failed.

The show is expected to receive the go-ahead for a full series once contracts and licensing agreements are finalised.

Breaking Bad is set to end this month after five series.

Its stars have won five Emmys, including three acting accolades for lead star Bryan Cranston and two for Aaron Paul, who plays Walt's former student-turned-business partner Jesse Pinkman.

It has been nominated for six Primetime Emmy Awards this year, including best drama series.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/12/13 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Better Call Saul will see Bob Odenkirk reprise his role as the crooked criminal lawyer in the one-hour show, AMC and Sony Pictures said.

The title of the prequel is taken from a season two episode of Breaking Bad where Walt and Jesse hire Goodman after seeing the lawyer's TV commercial featuring the slogan, "Better Call Saul!".

Check out Saul Goodman's website. Pretty funny.

http://www.bettercallsaul.com

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/15/13 09:44 AM

Breaking Bad Exclusive: Vince Gilligan Teases "Heart Attack" Conclusion, Saul Goodman Spinoff
TV Fanatic
September 13, 2013

Brace yourself but, in case you weren’t keep track, only three episodes of Breaking Bad remain.

Now, take a deep breath because, according to creator Vince Gilligan, who jumped on the phone with me this morning, you’re going to need all your strength to keep it together for those installments.

No spoilers here but we did talk about the series as a whole, the return of Walt’s cancer, Todd’s role since he came on the scene late in the game and, of course, the Saul Goodman spinoff.

Here's what the man who created one of the all-time classic series has to say about its end ...

TV Fanatic: When you hear people say that Breaking Bad is possibly or definitely the best show in TV history, how do you wrap your head around that? Can you?

Vince Gilligan: It’s insanely flattering and feels good to hear anyone say that but it also scares me greatly for the future. Let’s put it this way, it would even be more enjoyable and pleasurable if I had announced my retirement from the business but since I want to go on and do other things after this, human nature being what it is, you think ‘how am I going to top this?’ Really, the odds are I’m not, ever.

This is really lightning in a bottle. We writers on the show did our best to do the best work we were capable of but everybody does that. Everybody is always working the hardest to do their best work. There’s a sudden element of lightning in a bottle, some magic, that came about with this thing that was not due to me, it was due to the luck of casting the actors we did…we always cast the best actors you can find, too, but you never know if they’re going to click but this ensemble did.

TVF: Bringing Walt’s cancer back, I was trying to figure out the reason for that. Was it to bring back some of his humanity?

VG: I don’t think there was an act of thought to give Walt his humanity back. Unfortunately, a big part of humanity is our darker sides and our less loveable and more evil side. I think that is as human as our goodness. As bad as Walt has gotten he has, depending on how you look at it fortunately or unfortunately, remained human.

Having said all of that, Walt’s cancer returning felt like a fitting plot development to the writers and to me because cancer, as a plot engine, is what started this whole journey and it seemed like it would feel, perhaps, like a loose end if the cancer didn’t come back. It also felt real because we’ve all probably all known someone in our lives who very valiantly fought cancer and then a few years later, or 10 years later, 20 years later, back it comes rearing it’s ugly head.

The two-pronged answer is it seemed very realistic to us and it also seemed proper that it make a reappearance in order for that main plot engine of the series at the end of the day to not feel like a loose end.

TVF: I don’t want spoilers even for myself but the last episode ended on this fantastic shootout – God Bless Michelle MacLaren for doing such a good job directing that episode – but how would you define these last three episodes?

VG: I think these last three episodes, not to overstate it, and you could say this about the last eight, but with these last three in particular you need to install a seat belt on your sofa, you need to wear a crash helmet and a diaper. [laughs] I tell ya, this next episode (entitled “Ozymandias”), I think for my money, is the best episode we ever had had or ever will have. It was written by Moira Walley-Beckett and directed by Rian Johnson.

I think people are going to have trouble breathing after this thing airs. It’s tremendous and it’s a great, great hour of television and I’m as proud as I can be of the two episodes that air after that one and both of them are a hell of a wild ride, too. I couldn’t be more proud of these final eight episodes or these last three episodes. I think they’re going to leave us with some sleepless nights.

TVF: I want to ask about Todd (Jesse Plemons). He makes me so nervous with his laid back-ness but is he a threat or an asset moving forward?

VG: I can talk about my perceptions of him and the actor who plays him. I don’t think I can answer your question of asset versus threat because that would be a spoiler. But I think Todd is a character who the writers and I really grew fond of a large part because we love the actor who plays him. Jesse Plemons has brought so much of the character and increased our understanding of the character just in the way he’s chosen to play him.

I think Todd…[laughs]…is just kind of the most loveable sociopath that we’ve ever come across! He doesn’t seem to have an understanding of other people’s feelings in a sense of…the best way I can put it is when he shot that poor kid on the dirt bike. I don’t think he enjoyed doing it just like he wouldn’t enjoy swatting a fly. It’s not like he doesn’t get any pleasure from the act of killing. It just needed to be done. It’s like ‘I think I’m going to go get a sandwich now.’ He’s got a screw loose! The guy is damaged, for sure, but there’s no ill will there, ya know?

TVF: You’ve worked with these actors for so long now. Was there a moment in these last eight that surprised you when you actually saw certain scenes on film?

VG: Yeah, I’ve had that feeling constantly with these actors. They really spoil ya! They’ve spoiled me for all future work, honestly. I knew they were great when we hired them but I didn’t know how great. As we got more and more episodes under our belt, my appreciation for these folks only increased.

A good example is Dean Norris and that amazing scene that he plays in 509 when he is in his garage and he and Walt have their first confrontation, where all the cards are on the table and both guys realize that Hank knows who he really is. I thought that scene was tremendous and Dean was fantastic, as was Bryan.

I think there’s a scene with Aaron Paul that just made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. It’s one we’ve already seen out in the desert when he says to Walt, ‘Why don’t you just tell me the truth and say that you want me to leave because otherwise you’re going to kill me.’ There’s another one coming up two episodes from now with Aaron Paul, which I will not say what happens but it is an electrifying moment of acting.

There are moments, honestly, throughout, and just when I get complacent saying ‘Yeah, these guys are great,’ there’s another bravura moment that just makes you think ‘I am so blessed to be working with these people.’ They are at the apex, the tiptop of their game. They’re head and shoulders above anyone else’s game. I’m biased as hell but this is the best cast on TV ever. These guys are so fucking good. I can’t even put it into words properly.

TVF: We got the news of the Saul Goodman spinoff this week. What’s the tone of the show going to be since Saul tends to lean more towards the comedic side of things?

VG: I don’t think it’s going to be an out-and-out comedy but I think there is going to be more laughs and more comedic than certainly Breaking Bad was, though that’s not saying a lot, is it? But we always put as much humor as we could fit into Breaking Bad because I always felt that a show as dark as Breaking Bad would be unwatchable if it took itself too seriously and if it was relentlessly grim so we needed as much humor as we could find to leaven the darkness.

With that in mind, if Breaking Bad is ratio-wise 75% heavy to 25% comedic, which is probably a fair guess, then I think what Peter [Gould] and I are thinking of is the Saul Goodman show would be the flip of that. Don’t hold me to that ratio but that’s the basic idea. It’s certainly not a sitcom but it’s lighter in general with some moments of real drama because Saul deals with some hardened characters and will have dealt with some hardened characters before Walter White.

TVF: Going off the heavy and the light, in these last three Breaking Bad Season 5 episodes, is there any lightness? Even in the “To’hajiilee” episode, we had Todd’s phone with the Thomas Dolby “She Blinded Me With Science” ring tone. Any room in these last three?

VG: As I said, we’d put those more humorous moments whenever we can and I was fearful going into these final eight that there would be no more room for humor, a chuckle or a laugh. I figured in these final eight we’d have no room at all for that kind of stuff and I was very heartened to learn that I was wrong.

Even in these final three, which are as heart attack/serious as any episodes of Breaking Bad have ever been, believe it or not, there is still room for a fleeting moment of levity, if you will.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2013/09/breaking-bad-exclusive-vince-gilligan-teases-heart-attack-conclu/

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/15/13 03:23 PM

I think there’s a scene with Aaron Paul that just made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. It’s one we’ve already seen out in the desert when he says to Walt, ‘Why don’t you just tell me the truth and say that you want me to leave because otherwise you’re going to kill me.’ There’s another one coming up two episodes from now with Aaron Paul, which I will not say what happens but it is an electrifying moment of acting.

Well we now know Jesse doesn't die in the big shootout. He'll be around for the next couple of episodes.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/15/13 07:19 PM

"VF: I don’t want spoilers even for myself but the last episode ended on this fantastic shootout – God Bless Michelle MacLaren for doing such a good job directing that episode – but how would you define these last three episodes?

VG: I think these last three episodes, not to overstate it, and you could say this about the last eight, but with these last three in particular you need to install a seat belt on your sofa, you need to wear a crash helmet and a diaper. [laughs] I tell ya, this next episode (entitled “Ozymandias”), I think for my money, is the best episode we ever had had or ever will have. It was written by Moira Walley-Beckett and directed by Rian Johnson.

I think people are going to have trouble breathing after this thing airs. It’s tremendous and it’s a great, great hour of television and I’m as proud as I can be of the two episodes that air after that one and both of them are a hell of a wild ride, too. I couldn’t be more proud of these final eight episodes or these last three episodes. I think they’re going to leave us with some sleepless nights."

Like the sound of this..
Posted By: Frank_Nitti

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/16/13 03:27 AM

Click to reveal..

RIP hank and gomie!! ohwell

great episode tonight and a brilliant call from walt to skyler at the end. he completely got her off the hook. walt is one smart dude and jesse is chained to the redneck's meth lab like the little rat he is. he might even still be alive when walt goes back to get his money... wink

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/16/13 04:21 AM

Well it went pretty much like i thought it would. Hank and his partner are history and Todds uncles crew got his cash.

And guess what next weeks episode is called? "The Granite State"

And guess what state that is.....New Hampshire. wink

Really good show tonight, can't wait to see the last 2 episodes.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/16/13 06:27 AM

Easily the heaviest episode of the series, at least so far.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/16/13 12:41 PM

Easily the best episode of the whole series, non stop action. For me it wasn't a surprise to see Gomez dead but was still a shock when Hank was killed.
I felt sorry for Jesse when Walt told him that he saw Jane and left her to die. I still think Jesse somehow will survive all of this madness.

When Skyler grabbed the knife there was a moment when i thought she was going to stab Walt Jr.

Again a great episode and sad that theirs only two left..
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/16/13 03:11 PM

Wow, I guess jessie's got some use left in him. The ride Walt took is the same one Jessie was gonna take to disappear? Anyways can't wait till next sunday.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/16/13 04:13 PM

That Todd is a real piece of work... "Sorry for your loss". uhwhat

Looks like he worked over Jesse pretty good too. Vince Gilligan said Jesse has a great scene coming up....i wonder if that will be his last scene? Or does he make it to the final episode?

Ok so it looks like Walt goes out of town for awhile. When he comes back he has a full head of hair so he must be gone for some time. And then what? Go after Jack and his crew? Hell, Walts lucky he got to keep a barrel of his cash. Jack should of put Walt in that grave with Hank. Big mistake on his part letting Walt live and giving him 11 mil to keep.

Great episode. I really liked that scene with Walt talking to Skylar on the phone after he took their daughter.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/16/13 08:18 PM

It was that good i've just watched the episode again. This season for sure will win the big awards at the Emmys.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/17/13 04:17 AM

That Todd is a real piece of work... "Sorry for your loss".

The guy is a good actor. Vince Gilligan said the way he plays the character has really shaped how the writers write him. The nonchalant way he goes about his business is just cold. Like there's nothing there.

I can't remember where I saw it but there was a rumor online, before the last episode aired, that Jesse would survive the shootout and be forced to cook for Toddy's uncle's crew. That ended up being true. Another prediction from the same place said Walt would rescue Jesse. So we'll see...

Incidentally, some have said that Walt knew the cops were listening on the phone and he intentionally talked to Skyler that way in order to take suspicion off her.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/17/13 01:40 PM

Walt may rescue Jesse but how can Jesse forgive him after Walt confessed about letting Jayne die..Tricky one that is..

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/17/13 06:36 PM

Walt may rescue Jesse but how can Jesse forgive him after Walt confessed about letting Jayne die..Tricky one that is..

Maybe those 2 stoner idiots Skinny Pete and Badger will rescue their leader Jesse. lol

Walt telling Jesse about Janes death was kind of brutal in it's own way. You never know about Walt, maybe he does have a change of heart and comes back to save him. Vince Gilligan said Jesse has a great scene coming up, it should be on this coming episode. Can't wait to watch it.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/17/13 07:48 PM

Don't think we'll be seeing Skinny Pete and Badger again. smile

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/18/13 05:05 AM

I've no sympathy for Jesse. I would sooner care for Todd than Jesse, but he makes for a good drama. lol

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/18/13 01:44 PM

We've come along way with Jesse, i can't help but feel sorry for him..

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/18/13 04:44 PM

Explosive 6 episodes so far to say the very least! Only 2 left!

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/18/13 08:42 PM

Im not sure what im going to do with myself when it finishes, but at least The Walking Dead is back on soon..

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/19/13 06:49 AM

Great recap of the show... cool

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/19/13 07:30 PM

I've seen that a couple of times, who ever made it did a good job..

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/20/13 10:28 PM

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/trend...or-auction.html

Pretty much every prop from 'Breaking Bad' is up for auction

Mike Bertha
September 20, 2013, 3:27 PM

Sony Pictures is auctioning off pretty much every prop from everyone's favorite meth-fueled drama, Breaking Bad. For the low, low price of $1,000 you can bid on Walter White's Pontiac Aztec or a pink teddy bear that's missing its eyes

As the final episode of Breaking Bad draws ever closer, Sony Pictures has put hundreds of props from the show on auction. Bids start at $10 for trinkets like Jesse Pinkman's DEA mug, all the way up to $5,000 for Hector Salamanca's wheelchair, but expect the winning bids on the items to be far, far higher. After perusing the props on offer, the stars of the show seem to be Walter White's Pontiac Aztek (starting at $1,000) and an inscribed copy of Leaves of Grass ($3,000).

The auctions are set up over at Screenbid.com. Surprisingly, the proceeds of the auction benefit Sony Pictures because they're not donating your money to charity. Either way, who wants to lend me $3,500 so that I can purchase Hector Salamanca's infamous bell? Thanks in advance.

The actual Auction @ http://screenbid.auctionserver.net/view-auctions/catalog/id/6/

I want the drug lab! cool I'll have to see if it's being auctioned off.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/21/13 08:57 PM

The final two episodes will be on for 75 minutes each as confirmed on Breaking Bad FB page..
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/22/13 03:20 AM

I have so enjoyed being a fan of this show - we're rewarded over and over with incredible acting and writing, and the details are amazing! I watched all of it "late" after it had already aired, up until these final eight episodes. It's a terrible wait to go a week without the next piece of the story, and even worse to realize it'll all be over soon. I feel like no other show will be able to stand up next to this... except maybe "Better Call Saul." wink

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/23/13 04:58 AM

Breaking Bad won Best Drama on the Emmy's tonight.

Anyway, good episode. Basically a set-up one for the series finale.

Click to reveal..
Jesse having to watch Andrea die was tough to watch. Really rooting for Walt to take these guys out. Including that "Opie dead-eyed piece of shit," Todd.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/23/13 05:25 AM

They finally brought back Gray Matter Technologies tonight, Walter's old company with Elliott and Gretchen. There is some unexplained love triangle that caused Walter to back out ... and left Elliott and Gretchen not only together, but also millionaires. Meanwhile Walt is stuck with Skyler (presumably a compromise on his part, as he still seethes over Elliott and Gretchen together) and has to work as a high school teacher, washing cars (often of his own students) to make ends meet. He is totally emasculated in the first couple of episodes by all this, but has apparently accepted the situation.

Until he comes down with cancer and suddenly has nothing to lose, and that's when everything starts. He says he does it for his family, but that's BS ... he does it because he wants to reclaim what he sees as his right, that is, lots of respect and money, just like Elliott.

This is the most compelling part of the story.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/23/13 06:02 PM

I guessing now the last episode with begin as season five started with him getting the gun at the diner and then what happens is anyone's guess.

I think he'll go gunning for revenge now with nothing to lose seeing as he's lost his family..

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/23/13 06:46 PM

More importantly I wonder what he is going to do with the poison.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/23/13 08:07 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if he used it on himself..

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/23/13 10:58 PM

Maybe he will use the poison on Lydia?
Unfortunately I don't see how someone as paranoid as she is would agree to meet with him anywhere.

This show really does detail how good and evil are all mixed up. Walt's definitely evil but he's not the worst of the bunch. But he can't stop lying to himself.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/23/13 11:04 PM

Some people were calling Todd "Meth Damon" which I thought was pretty apropos.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/24/13 06:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Lilo

So that's why I can't hate him. lol But seriously, Jesse gets more on my nerves than Todd. They put that picture for that dumb ass to know he can't run. What did he think, that he would run and then convince the girl and her son to run away with him? Where to? And how would they support themselves? I have no petty for this moron.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/25/13 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Originally Posted By: Lilo

So that's why I can't hate him. lol But seriously, Jesse gets more on my nerves than Todd. They put that picture for that dumb ass to know he can't run. What did he think, that he would run and then convince the girl and her son to run away with him? Where to? And how would they support themselves? I have no petty for this moron.

I know what you mean. I don't care for Todd's ethics. But he knows what he wants and he doesn't beat around the bush, or engage in frivolous drama. Very professional attitude - get the job done, stay focused, don't cause unnecessary problems. He's everything Jesse isn't. Except Todd lacks natural talent (which likely explains his efficient attitude, it compensates).

If it wasn't for his rotten ethics he might be my favourite character.

Jesse will kill him, I'm betting. Walt will get the Aryan bunch. Then Jesse will kill Walt. But that might be too predictable.

Also I keep wondering about Walt Jr. Are they really going to leave the cripple a hapless, passive, bland, naieve character for the whole show? Will he ever, you know, DO anything in the show besides "but Dad ..." ? Also, how many times has he said that now? lol

And one of the reasons Walt wants all his money back is that he has always planned to buy a controlling interest in Gray Matters. He wants to screw Elliot and Gretchen the way he thinks they screwed him. and lo and behold they were in last episode and I read that Gretchen is going to be in the finale so maybe that's why?

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/26/13 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti
I know what you mean. I don't care for Todd's ethics. But he knows what he wants and he doesn't beat around the bush, or engage in frivolous drama. Very professional attitude - get the job done, stay focused, don't cause unnecessary problems. He's everything Jesse isn't. Except Todd lacks natural talent (which likely explains his efficient attitude, it compensates).

If it wasn't for his rotten ethics he might be my favourite character.

Jesse will kill him, I'm betting. Walt will get the Aryan bunch. Then Jesse will kill Walt. But that might be too predictable.

Also I keep wondering about Walt Jr. Are they really going to leave the cripple a hapless, passive, bland, naieve character for the whole show? Will he ever, you know, DO anything in the show besides "but Dad ..." ? Also, how many times has he said that now? lol

And one of the reasons Walt wants all his money back is that he has always planned to buy a controlling interest in Gray Matters. He wants to screw Elliot and Gretchen the way he thinks they screwed him. and lo and behold they were in last episode and I read that Gretchen is going to be in the finale so maybe that's why?

It seems Walt Jr. was there all along to rat his father to the police. I wondered what his use was. lol

And I too can't wait to see if Walt has any sort of revenge in store for Elliot, but I keep thinking that wouldn't fit into one episode. ohwell
Posted By: merlino

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/26/13 06:03 PM

I think its going to be like ending of the first Godfather when Michael settles all scores against the family and walt will turn back into heisenberg and take out the nazis like michael did the other families and moe greene, the 2 chemists friends could be moe green the way they slapped around walt on the tv interview with charlie rose, it will be a great ending any way but also sad to see it go, I am sure i will watch it like i still do the sopranos

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/26/13 07:16 PM

All "bad" things must come to an end..

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/27/13 02:07 AM

Lilo, love the Meth Damon nickname! grin And I've read a lot of people predicting the Lydia/ricin possibility, especially with how much they emphasize her taste for tea, but I agree that she's a very careful (paranoid) person.

Afs, you make a good point about Jesse, and yet I've never been able to bring myself to root against him... in fact, I'm still feeling bits of sympathy for Walt! I've seen a few comments from Vince Gilligan about how he can't believe people still support the guy and that they were basically pushing him to the darkest point to see how long fans would stay on his side. For all the terrible things he's done, a scene like in the most recent episode where an hour of company is worth $10,000 to him? Heartbreaking! I hate myself for being so wishy-washy about these characters. lol But I think that's the great thing about how this show's written.

I really recommend you guys check out the Conan special with the full cast. Really funny, and kind of therapeutic to see them getting along with each other. Bryan is quite the comedian!

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/29/13 04:31 PM

Meth Damon lol! Tonight is the night people. Brace yourselves
Posted By: TheIsland

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/29/13 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: southend
Meth Damon lol! Tonight is the night people. Brace yourselves

I can't wait

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/29/13 09:37 PM

It all comes down to this folks, i hope its not going to be a let down, but i sure it wont be..

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/30/13 02:20 AM

It was a good ending with him dying in a meth lab. Bravo , I'm going to miss it.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/30/13 03:13 AM

Good ending. Pretty much what it needed to be. Wrapped everything up but not in a typical Hollywood bow. Feel sort of the way I felt when The Sopranos finished. End of an era.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/30/13 07:09 AM

Gina - thanks for posting that Conan interview -- watched all 7 parts, and it was great cool

Originally Posted By: merlino
I think its going to be like ending of the first Godfather when Michael settles all scores against the family and walt will turn back into heisenberg and take out the nazis like michael did the other families...

Great prediction!

And I agree w/ BlackFamily and Ivy... good ending, and gonna miss it!

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/30/13 08:13 AM

I can die peacefully now, having watched Breaking Bad's final episode. Great to the end.
Posted By: merlino

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/30/13 02:48 PM

Good ending. Pretty much what it needed to be. Wrapped everything up but not in a typical Hollywood bow. Feel sort of the way I felt when The Sopranos finished. End of an era.

well put great show, sets the bar for any new series that want to be mentioned in same breath as breaking bad and sopranos

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/30/13 05:36 PM

Im sure going to miss this show, one of the best ever. A fitting ending him dying in the meth lab and it was good to see Jesse get away. The look on Lydias face when Walt told her about the ricin.

Walt is a genius the way he set up the machine gun to go off the way it did.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/30/13 05:45 PM

Don't think we'll be seeing Skinny Pete and Badger again. smile

"The two best hitmen west of the Mississippi" lol

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/30/13 06:03 PM

That whole scene was brilliant, wasn't excepting the "Sniper" to appear- Heisenberg at his best..
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/30/13 08:25 PM

"The two best hitmen west of the Mississippi" lol

That threat could only work on a middle-aged yuppie couple lol. But seriously, attention David Chase: That's how you do a finale.

I wasn't surprised that Jesse got to live. He's probably not too long for this world anyway, and even if he is he'll never be the same. None of the surviving characters will. I think that was the whole point, that crime does pay in one respect. But everyone pays in the end, especially the innocents (like Walt's kids, who are fucked up for life, even with that crazy trust fund).

I also like that Walt admitted that he was in it for himself. None of that Corleonesque nonsense about "doing it for my children." What a crock of shit that usually is.

But again, well done clap.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 09/30/13 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: merlino

well put great show, sets the bar for any new series that want to be mentioned in same breath as breaking bad and sopranos

When The Sopranos ended i thought no show could come close to it but Breaking Bad has done this,but im not sure something new can be up there with these two, its not possible surely

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 10/01/13 03:09 AM

Breaking Bad house on Google maps

https://www.google.com/maps?sll=39.499760499999994%2C-111.54702800000001&sspn=7.08278960219377%2C19.63319800822658&t=h&ll=35.12653049999996%2C-106.53544410000002&q=3828+piermont+dr+albuquerque%2C+new+mexico+87111&spn=0.0036512685549271538%2C0.0059523950943019864&output=classic

or just type in -

3828 piermont dr albuquerque, new mexico 87111

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 10/01/13 05:13 AM

This is hilarious. grin

http://puu.sh/4DOJu

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 10/06/13 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
Gina - thanks for posting that Conan interview -- watched all 7 parts, and it was great cool
Aren't they fun to watch together? I wish I could hang out with them so I don't feel so sad about it being over. lol

Here's a funny Colbert clip with Vince Gilligan:

SPOILER ALERT, of course. I sympathize so much with Colbert here!
Posted By: tnvol

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 10/07/13 03:52 AM

I lost interest at the beginning of season 5. I guess I need to go back and watch again.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 10/07/13 04:45 PM

How could one lose interest?.. haha

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 10/16/13 06:15 AM

Anthony Hopkins' 'Breaking Bad' Fan Letter To Bryan Cranston Is Awesome
Huffington Post
October 15, 2013

Acting legend Sir Anthony Hopkins recently binge-watched "Breaking Bad," and was so impressed that he wrote a letter to Bryan Cranston extolling the virtues of the cast and show.

The letter first surfaced on Reddit, and was reportedly shared by "Breaking Bad" actor Steven Michael Quezada (Gomez) on Facebook, although it appears to have been later deleted. However, The Huffington Post has confirmed the letter's authenticity with Hopkins' representatives.

Check out Hopkins' letter below:

Dear Mister Cranston.
I wanted to write you this email - so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber - I take it we are both represented by UTA. Great agency.

I've just finished a marathon of watching "BREAKING BAD" - from episode one of the First Season - to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. [Ed note: There are in fact five seasons of Breaking Bad; this might have been wishful thinking.] (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bullshit in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to - would you pass on my admiration to everyone - Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada - everyone - everyone gave master classes of performance ... The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.

You and all the cast are the best actors I've ever seen.

That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It's almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards

Tony Hopkins.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/14/anthony-hopkins-breaking-bad-letter_n_4098441.html

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 11/17/13 05:54 PM

The Malcolm in the Middle alternative Breaking Bad ending.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 12/10/13 07:40 PM

Below is an alternative ending on Youtube.

Not sure whether its real or not.. But i quite like it.

Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 12/11/13 02:00 PM

When The Sopranos ended i thought no show could come close to it but Breaking Bad has done this,but im not sure something new can be up there with these two, its not possible surely

give it time something else will come along.. it always does.

also the alternate ending you posted was the regular ending with a clip from the first or second episode tossed in. if that was the actual ending i'd be pissed lol

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 12/23/13 07:44 PM

Good Q and A with Bryan Cranston talking about his Walter White character.

Posted By: Camarel

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 12/24/13 05:45 PM

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 12/24/13 05:53 PM

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 12/24/13 05:57 PM

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 12/24/13 06:00 PM

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 12/24/13 06:05 PM

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 12/27/13 09:04 AM

For those without Netflix, who haven't yet seen this....

AMC will air the entire Breaking Bad franchise -- commercials and all! -- during a marathon that starts tomorrow at Noon ET. Put on some Depends, cuz you'll be hankered down for a couple days!

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 01/25/14 03:36 PM

I watched the final 8 episodes yesterday, epic show.. And will be sadly missed.
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 01/27/14 11:52 AM

Ivy- that is bad ass that you found walter whites house! I thought it was a joke until i searched it!

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 02/04/14 10:10 PM

Top 10 BB scenes.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 02/05/14 12:36 AM

Top 10 BB scenes.

Great choices. But the exploding meth scene kind of pissed me of for some reason.
Posted By: afriendofours

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 02/09/14 06:56 PM

The whole show was just genius from start to finish.

The 10 Best Skyler White Breaking Bad Meme's

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 03/12/14 11:58 AM

Im not usually a fan of these remix songs, but this one is superb. Can you embed youtube videos on here ?

Awesome Breaking Bad Remix Song

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/05/14 03:59 PM

Better Call Saul might actually be bringing back Walter White and other Breaking Bad characters

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entert...rs-9575313.html
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/05/14 07:03 PM

What I hated about this show was white was willing to give the gang all of his 80 million to spare his dea cop brother in law. Who wanted to put him in cage.

I could not enjoy the show after that.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/06/14 12:01 AM

His actress wife the girl who played skylar had legs that would not quit.
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/06/14 03:51 AM

Introducing the Aryans was a good twist on the story, the pilot episode is amazing though

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/06/14 03:57 AM

The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad...

...not necessarily in that order!

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/06/14 04:16 AM

Ditto Geoff, those are my favorite shows..

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/06/14 04:47 AM

Been watching the wire all season 2 was amazing docks was the best plot of the whole series , and Chris and snoop and there high powered nail gun smile

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/06/14 08:18 AM

I never really watch the new shows on tv. Then I discovered breaking bad. I saw Argo and thought the guy who was in the CIA office gave a great performance. It turned out to be the same actor Brian Cranston was white in breaking bad.

That led to home land. Then that led to the brotherhood.

That led some how to the good wife? That led to ray Donovan and that led to suits. I only watch suits to see what kind of suits they were wearing.

I just tried to wear better suits then Frank the owner of Rao's wears smile

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/06/14 03:24 PM

Better Call Saul might actually be bringing back Walter White and other Breaking Bad characters

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entert...rs-9575313.html
I was wondering how they'd work in Walt and Jesse since I'd heard that both actors were implying involvement (or the interest in it, which I certainly support!), and now I see that it'll be a time shift thing, based on what this article's saying. That'll be interesting and allow a lot of freedom for the plot. Normally I'd worry that such a perfect show could be ruined with something like this spinoff, but I'm extremely excited about this one!

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/06/14 03:43 PM

I'm extremely excited too, it could work really well..

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/07/14 08:15 AM

Just started breaking bad from the beginning again, excellent show.

Very well written. Goes too quick though, ill binge watch it again and ill be on season 4 tomorrow.
Posted By: Paddy_James

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/07/14 09:09 PM

Glad Jessie didnt die, best part of finale.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/08/14 09:44 AM

Jesse was a weak fuck. He helps the cops get a guy who saved his life at the risk of his own life.

He likes kids so much he got the kids mother killed.

Then Walter saves his life at the end again. They he asks Jesse to put him out of his misery and he doesn't do it.
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/08/14 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: DonMega1888
Been watching the wire all season 2 was amazing docks was the best plot of the whole series , and Chris and snoop and there high powered nail gun smile

The cold open to Season 4, where Snoop is purchasing that nail gun at the hardware store is hilarious. Talk about two different world colliding -- you have the working guy patiently extolling the virtues of the powder-driven nail gun, and Snoop giving her explanation in street vernacular that the poor guy probably never would understand.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/20/14 05:51 PM

Love this scene..

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/20/14 07:35 PM

Yeh the aryans killing the kids mom was cold as f"""" didn't see that coming
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/25/14 02:44 AM

Love this scene..

That was a great open to the episode, from the car ride to the meet to Walter mocking Dylan's crew as t-ballers compared to the New York Yankees.

Walter is so in control at the beginning of this episode, but manages to fumble it by the end of the episode, needlessly killing Mike because his ego is bruised.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/25/14 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By: DonMega1888

The nail gun scene is actually in the first episode of Season 4. I'm really surprised that you liked Season 2 the best i thought it was the second weakest. This is how i'd personally rank them.

1.Season 4
2.Season 3
3.Season 1
4.Season 2
5.Season 5

Imo Season 3 and 4 are among the best seasons of any show.

Re: Breaking Bad's Final Episodes - 07/25/14 09:21 AM

Season 4 of The Wire is arguably the best season of any show ever, even without Mcnulty as the main lead it's genius, focusing on the school and political system.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET