Home

Posted By: Don Cardi

42 - 04/14/13 11:36 PM

Saw 42 this afternoon. LOVED IT! Chadwick Boseman is very convincing as Jackie Robinson and at times makes you feel the pain that Robinson must have felt from the racial discrimination abuse that he had to endure.

Harrison Ford should most definitely receive an Oscar nomination for his outstanding portrayal of Branch Rickey. Chris Meloni does such a fantastic job playing Leo 'The Lip' Durocher.

And Alan Tudyk, who plays racist Phillies Manager Ben Chapman, is so good in his role that he makes you want to jump out of your seat to punch him out!

This is a must see for any fan of the game......especially if you are an old Brooklyn Dodgers fan.

Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: 42 - 04/15/13 03:40 AM

Wish my dad was alive to see it, he would have loved it.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: 42 - 04/15/13 11:50 AM

Would love to see this.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: 42 - 04/15/13 05:14 PM

I saw a re-run of the Jackie Robinson Story on television as a kind of warm up. Man, what an awful movie that was...with Jackie playing himself no less!

Can't wait to see 42.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: 42 - 04/15/13 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
I saw a re-run of the Jackie Robinson Story on television as a kind of warm up. Man, what an awful movie that was...with Jackie playing himself no less!

Not as bad as William Bendix as Babe Ruth. That may have been the worst sports movie ever made.
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: 42 - 04/15/13 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Not as bad as William Bendix as Babe Ruth. That may have been the worst sports movie ever made.

Don't forget John Goodman as the Babe.

I believe the best person who could play Ruth would be...well Ruth himself. Pride of the Yankees is really great
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: 42 - 04/15/13 06:46 PM

Agree that one was really awful, PB but there are some terrible sports movies out there. I'd have to put Rudy near the top, or the bottom, as it were.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: 42 - 04/15/13 06:51 PM

Agree that one was really awful, PB but there are some terrible sports movies out there. I'd have to put Rudy near the top, or the bottom, as it were.

What's amazing is that "Rudy" has quite the cult following. Look for a 300 pound Jon Favreau as Rudy's pal. Conversely, Vince Vaughn was skinny in that film. Times change. I think Sean Astin is a porker today as well.

Ru-dee, Ru-dee, Ru-dee, Ru-dee grin.
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: 42 - 04/26/13 02:44 AM

Can't wait to see 42.

The story behind that casting was that allegedly Hollywood couldn't find a black actor to convincingly play him, thus they called in the real deal.

I mean its like when they made the first Ali biopic back in the 70s, who else but Ali could play Ali?
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: 42 - 05/01/13 03:11 AM

I saw 42 last weekend - fantastic. Going to take my father in law, who was a Dodger fan, to see it next weekend.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: 42 - 05/01/13 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Marco
I saw 42 last weekend - fantastic. Going to take my father in law, who was a Dodger fan, to see it next weekend.

I saw it as well I didn't like it. They embellished a lot of things in the movie

Re: 42 - 05/01/13 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

I saw it as well I didn't like it. They embellished a lot of things in the movie

You mean like every other movie?

Re: 42 - 05/01/13 07:43 PM

Several reviews cited Chadwick Boseman as an upcoming talent worth looking out for.

If this rumor is true, Marvel wants him for Black Panther which will mean (I'm assuming) appearing in the AVENGERS sequels, but also his own spin-off franchise.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=78635
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET