Home

Bates Motel.

Posted By: Mignon

Bates Motel. - 03/19/13 04:05 AM

I think I'm hooked with this series
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/19/13 02:59 PM

Mig, I only watched about the first 10 minutes of the 11:00 pm showing and fell asleep. Last I remember Norman's mom (Norma?)didn't want him to join the track team at school because she needed his help running the motel. The mommie issues begin. lol

Can't really give an opinion but I do plan to see it on "On Demand" sometime this week OR I'm sure they will replay it on A&E. Interesting concept isn't it?

smile

TIS
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/19/13 03:22 PM

I love Psycho and had no idea there's a tv series, thanks for bringing it to my attention Mignon. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled like alot of the shows in the US.

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/19/13 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel
I love Psycho and had no idea there's a tv series, thanks for bringing it to my attention Mignon. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled like alot of the shows in the US.

Very welcome.

@ TIS, I hope you get a chance to watch it and see what happens after you fell asleep.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/19/13 08:31 PM

have it recorded but haven't watched it yet. Looks good

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/19/13 08:45 PM

Let us know what you think when you watch it. The concept is interesting but I'm not sure where or how far they can go with it.

They have a couple very brief previews on HBO's "On Demand". It seems they young man playing Norman is British. I continue to be amazed at how well the Brits can hide their accent. That's gotta be hard you'd think. confused

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/19/13 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Let us know what you think when you watch it.

TIS

Will do

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/19/13 08:56 PM

I might be wrong but I think the boy who played Norman Played Charlie Buckett on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/19/13 08:59 PM

Yeah he is. Crazy how grown up he is now.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/19/13 09:14 PM

I liked the premiere, and it should be interesting to see how it plays out. But I found it a little distracting that this prequel to Psycho was set in modern times with iPhones and kids texting. whistle

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/19/13 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I liked the premiere, and it should be interesting to see how it plays out. But I found it a little distracting that this prequel to Psycho was set in modern times with iPhones and kids texting. whistle

Ha ha ha!! That's right. It IS kind of backwards isn't it? lol I don't mind they modernize it. I've been by the Psycho house at Universal Studio, tho it's been years. The outside shot of the house on the series looks the same. I assume it is.

I remember my parents coming home from seeing that movie (1960?). They were all a-buzz about not only the famous shower scene but how it ended. lol I believe Hitchcock requested that nobody be allowed to into the film once it started (or something like that). I only saw it on tv a few years later. It would have been a good one to see at the movies.

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/20/13 12:07 AM

I liked the premiere, and it should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Did you notice that the Sheriff looks like Anthony Perkins a little?

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/20/13 02:48 PM

Ok, I watch several of the cable channel series. With their odd seasons it's confusing as to what's on what day and when seasons start & end. Part of me was hoping I wouldn't find this interesting but I gotta say, I did enjoy the first episode. smile

Right away we can see the domineering mother, not to mention we know where Norman got his attraction to knives from. lol You couldn't help but feel sorry for a teenage kid who wants to join the track team but mom guilts him into not joining.

Didn't expect (at least not so soon) the violence with the former owner of Bates in the kitchen with Norman's mother (a little slice/dice action?) lol

I am not real sure yet if the actor playing Norman is right for the part(of course Anthony Perkins OWNS the role), but we'll see.

Btw, the original Psycho never really showed this, and tho we know Norman had a domineering mother, did you guys sense sexual attraction? uhwhat Was Norman Bates supposed to have been sexually molested by his mother? IF it does goes there, I hope it's not too explicit. Pretty sick

But, all and all, I did like the opening episode and will watch the next for sure.

TIS
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/20/13 05:58 PM

Just remember, as a boy Norman was called "Master Bates."
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/20/13 07:38 PM

Was Norman Bates supposed to have been sexually molested by his mother? IF it does goes there, I hope it's not too explicit.

I'm hoping he holds off banging her until he kills her and stuffs her. Now that's "Must See TV."
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/20/13 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

lolHitchcock always referred to the character as "Master Bates" on the set of the movie.
Posted By: SC

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/20/13 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1

lol Hitchcock always referred to the character as "Master Bates" on the set of the movie.

At the end of the movie he went blind.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/20/13 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: klydon1

lol Hitchcock always referred to the character as "Master Bates" on the set of the movie.

At the end of the movie he went blind.

And was unable to appreciate the hair on his palms.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/21/13 10:25 AM

When i was a kid we used to have a cartoon over here called Captain Pugwash,about pirates. The urban myth that lasts to this day was that his crew was made up of Master Bates and Seaman Staines...... rolleyes lol
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/28/13 12:43 AM

Watched the pilot episode, and thought it was terrific. The second episode is on demand, so I'll probably check it out later.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/03/13 11:41 AM

Anyone still watching this show? So did Norman really see a girl in the cop's basement or was he imagining it? confused I thought it was real, but then I keep forgetting this IS Norman Bates and he's a tad Psycho. lol

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/03/13 06:43 PM

I haven't watched it in a couple weeks. I need to catch up.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/03/13 09:02 PM

I missed this week's episode (which I'll catch on demand) but I'm otherwise caught up. I can honestly say that I'm hooked.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/04/13 10:33 PM

Good show!

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/09/13 02:48 PM

I fell asleep during last night's episode (Same thing happened during Mad Men.) mad Anyway, it was really good. I think I only missed the last 15 minutes or so and will re-watch on ON Demand hopefully today.

SPOILERS

Anyone else see it? Now Norman's brother is more or less "in the loop." Can't quite figure him out tho. I kind of feel sorry for young Norman but the thing is, we all KNOW how he turns out. panic Anyway, so far I think it is a really good show.

TIS
Posted By: Lilo

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/09/13 10:45 PM

I've started watching it. I don't know that it can or should last more than a season but it's interesting.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/09/13 11:34 PM

I'm watching yesterday's episode now to catch what I missed. I must say, it's creepy but I am enjoying it. Tho nothing will compare to the original, the acting is very good. At first I didn't see this "Norman" in the part, but he does have a Anthony Perkins type quality. He's growing on me.
smile

TIS
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/10/13 01:13 AM

I've watched a few episodes and it's interesting. I love the woman who plays the mother. I've seen her in several roles and she's always really great, especially "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas".

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/15/13 12:04 AM

I finally got caught up when they had a marathon last night. I also thought that girl was in the basement. I should've known better cuz they showed him talking to himself.

Who set fire to that one girls father? I'm not sure the purpose of his brother showing up.

I hope to remember to watch it tomorrow night.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/23/13 03:12 PM

Anyone watch last night's episode? Truth came out about how Norman's father died and Norma & her other son seemed to kind of make amends.

Anyway, I am enjoying the show so far.

smile

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/23/13 03:54 PM

I did. Who would've thought that Shelby would be physco to?

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/23/13 04:08 PM

SPOILER

I assume he killed the Asian girl???

smile

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/24/13 03:27 AM

I was thinking that to.

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/01/13 07:01 PM

You guys still watching? I saw all episodes so far. I like the show.

SPOILERS:

Surprising how many crooked cops there are in that city no? Norma/Norman and his brother all lucked out killing the other cop BUT now this cop has something on them.

Norma's possessiveness of Norman is showing in her reaction to the girl that Norman likes. She was not happy. Norma only likes the other girl (the one with the tubes in her nose) because Norman doesn't. Yea, I can see the mommie issues arising. lol

What's with the creepy guy that rented the room on a regular basis? confused He wants to rent a whole block of rooms every month. Says he's in "sales." Hmmmmm

Anyway, it's got my interest. I'm sue I'll continue watching.

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/02/13 11:47 PM

What was a little freaky for me was Norman's facial features when he was walking home from Bradley's house (I think that is her name)

And what other show has the motel guest been on? Looks so familiar but I can't place him.

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/03/13 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
What was a little freaky for me was Norman's facial features when he was walking home from Bradley's house (I think that is her name)

And what other show has the motel guest been on? Looks so familiar but I can't place him.

Jere Burns.
He's been on Breaking Bad as the substance abuse group leader. I also remember him as a bad guy on Hill Street Blues many years ago.

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/03/13 01:33 AM

I remember him from a comedy tv series a number of years ago, but I can't think of the name of it. I have seen him from time to time in other roles tho. He does have a creepy presence in Bates tho. I wonder what it is he sells? And he rented an entire block of rooms once a month? confused

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/03/13 01:38 AM

I'm betting he's the recruiter of the slave prostitute ring that the other two fellows were helping to run.

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/03/13 01:42 AM

Hey Lilo, nice to see you around. Hope all is well smile

What was the deal with that other cop that seemed to let the Bates off the hook (Bates/hook??) Clever hu lol It seems he didn't do much investigating of the Norma's boyfriend's murder. Are all the cops shady in that town?

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/03/13 01:58 AM

I think everyone is dirty there TIS. I was actually hoping for some different writing regards the cops because justified or not I don't see police letting the older son get away with killing a cop. One way or the other they'd get him, legally or not.

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/03/13 02:01 AM

I wonder what it is he sells? And he rented an entire block of rooms once a month? confused

TIS

And he don't want the rooms cleaned either.

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/03/13 02:15 AM

I didn't hear him say that Mig but that is weird. confused

Lilo, I'm sure it's not over with this other cop either. He's got that to hold over their heads.

Also, when Norma went to that other business to ask them to pass out brochures for Bates Hotel, the woman wouldn't do it and told her the whole town knew all about her. confused

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/08/13 05:28 PM

What a episode. 2 more episodes left.

Spoilers: How did Shelby's body get in Norma's bed? I like how Dylan kicked that smart ass out of the van.

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/09/13 11:14 AM

I was impressed how Norma tried to vamp the sheriff but he wasn't having it.
He was like "We're not friends. What do you want? Why do you think I would help you?"

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/09/13 03:37 PM

Don't quite get how the sheriff's body was in the bed?? confused but it was a surprise. I don't trust the sheriff that came to the scene of that murder. As a matter of fact, like Lilo indicated, I don't trust the entire town thus far. lol

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/09/13 11:53 PM

Does the motel guest have something to do with the body being in the bed?

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/09/13 11:58 PM

Does the motel guest have something to do with the body being in the bed?

Yes I think so. When Norma kicked him out he said something to the effect of "If you want to play games, I can do that too."

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/14/13 08:27 PM

So Norma wants to leave. We did find out that Abernathy did indeed put Shelby's body in Norma's bed. One more episode left.

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/16/13 02:47 AM

Yea I guess that really was Shelby's body.

Not a bad episode Monday (tho I watched yesterday). I have a feeling Norman/Norman will be stuck there at the Motel for a while.

Norman beginning to get a little creepy with that weird drowning dream. uhwhat Was Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins) in Hitchcock's Psycho into taxidermy? Makes Norman even creepier doesn't it? Part of me feels sorry for him but knowing what he becomes makes me refrain from having too much sympathy.

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/16/13 09:34 AM

What about his mother getting into his bed? uhwhat
Norman is the more obvious crazy but Norma is equally disturbed.. panic

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/16/13 01:23 PM

Yea she couldn't have slept in another room? Norman's friend got stoned HAHA

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/16/13 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Lilo
What about his mother getting into his bed? uhwhat
Norman is the more obvious crazy but Norma is equally disturbed.. panic

Oh yea, how could I forgot to mention that. uhwhat That was definitely to the creepy/sick side. panic I was waiting for her other son to walk in.

Btw, speaking of marijuana cupcakes. I made brownies once in my young days and yuk. They tasted awful uhwhat I can't believe she wouldn't have noticed. Then again nowadays perhaps there's a recipe that sweetens the taste. LOL lol

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/21/13 03:47 PM

Weird episode.
Posted By: Pilsner

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/22/13 06:41 AM

It is a very dark series, with some leaps in continuity (bed in the body), but I like the show so far. Norman Bates in the movie was a likable, sympathetic character who is also a psychopath. He IS very much into taxidermy in the movie.

I also like that you can't trust the narrative. The things that Norman experiences are sometimes in his mind but SEEM to be happening in real life, and it is hard to know where you are at. I'm not entirely sure if his mother really got into his bed or not.

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/22/13 10:45 AM

Will there be a season 2? Norman's facial features are freaky. Did he really have to kill the teacher?

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/22/13 12:42 PM

Good, although very weird episode. I'm not so convinced Norman killed the teacher. It may have something to do with the phone call that freaked her out. confused

The series does delve into Norman's mind which can make it a bit confusing to we, the viewers. Now, did the teacher really have the door open as she was changing OR was it in Norman's mind? He imagined his mother there so I'm thinking he imagined the door open as well.

I keep feeling kind of sorry for Norman, (getting beat up at the dance last episode) then think of how he turns out as in the movie, and hold back my sympathy. confused

Oh, and note that Norma reveals her past molestation by her brother?

Seriously though, is EVERYONE in that town freekin' weird or what? LOL

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/22/13 04:10 PM

Yes!! Why didn't the Sheriff keep the money after he killed Abernathy?

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/22/13 09:02 PM

Yes!! Why didn't the Sheriff keep the money after he killed Abernathy?

I thought that too but maybe the money wasn't in the suitcase. Did they show Abernathy or the Sheriff actually open it? confused

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/23/13 10:41 AM

I thought the sheriff kept the money.
Was Norman's teacher really putting the moves on him or was he hallucinating that too?

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/23/13 01:22 PM

I thought the sheriff kept the money.
Was Norman's teacher really putting the moves on him or was he hallucinating that too?

To me it was kind of unclear if the teacher was putting moves on Norman BUT, since he imagined his mom there (telling him "you know what you need to do.") I am thinking it was a hallucination. Next we see him running and I'm thinking that it's because "mommy" wanted him to leave and NOT that he killed the teacher. Then again, he did dream of drowning his girlfriend. confused

They showed the sheriff in the garage earlier opening the suitcase of money BUT I don't think they showed Abernathy OR the sheriff open it while they were on the docks. BUT, the sheriff DID throw the suitcase in the water. Again, speculation, but I'm thinking since he KNEW Norma was watching him, he wanted her to think he tossed it but perhaps the money wasn't actually in the suitcase.

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/26/13 03:50 AM

I was watching The Dark Knight and I see that Sheriff Romero was in that movie.

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/28/13 09:42 PM

Wait a minute. Did I miss last night's episode or was last episode season finale? LOL I forgot. whistle

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/28/13 10:43 PM

Wait a minute. Did I miss last night's episode or was last episode season finale? LOL I forgot. whistle
TIS

It's all over now. Last episode was the season finale.
Posted By: southend

Re: Bates Motel. - 11/26/13 01:53 PM

Do we know if or when there will be a Season 2?

Re: Bates Motel. - 11/26/13 02:07 PM

There WILL be a season two though I am not sure when it will begin. If anyone finds out please post. Thanks

smile

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 11/26/13 06:19 PM

I can't seem to find a debut date for Season 2, other than 2014.

I did find this very very short teaser clip for Season 2 tho. It appears Norman is sharpening his taxidermy skill. grin )

http://www.tvfanatic.com/videos/bates-motel-season-2-promo/

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 11/26/13 10:56 PM

I like the show but I didn't think they would have a season 2.

Re: Bates Motel. - 11/26/13 11:39 PM

I read that it did very well in ratings and critics gave it good reviews. smile

As far as it continuing...well, we KNOW what happens to Norman in the end, so I'm thinking they can only carry the story line to a certain point (when he kills his mom?)without going into Psycho. He's in High School now so I suppose it could go on a few years. Then again, this is tv/movies, they can likely do what they want. LOL

TIS
Posted By: paprincess

Re: Bates Motel. - 11/27/13 04:49 AM

did bates motel ever make it clear if Norman and the mom ever had sexual relations? that lady was a complete creep who helped make Norman crazy. did Norman's mom kill the dad for an insurance policy? I thought the brother was hot. I didn't get to see the whole season but the brother was pretty normal right?

Re: Bates Motel. - 11/27/13 06:43 PM

Norman killed his father. Although Norman and Norma's relationship is skeevy they have not as yet done the full Darmody.

Re: Bates Motel. - 11/27/13 07:19 PM

Norman killed his father. Although Norman and Norma's relationship is skeevy they have not as yet done the full Darmody.

Ha ha ha lol A new term. The Full Darmody. lol Pretty clever Lilo. Once/twice I got a creepy feeling it was gonna go "THERE" panic

Btw, I read somewhere today, that Season two starts on Monday, March 10th.

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 11/28/13 10:39 PM

Thanks guys... one more question.. does the brother know about Norman killing the father? I only got to see a few episodes, so sorry if I sound naive

Re: Bates Motel. - 11/30/13 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: paprincess
Thanks guys... one more question.. does the brother know about Norman killing the father? I only got to see a few episodes, so sorry if I sound naive

Yes. Norma gave him that information after the battle with Deputy Shelby.

Re: Bates Motel. - 11/30/13 10:26 PM

Ha ha ha lol A new term. The Full Darmody. lol Pretty clever Lilo. Once/twice I got a creepy feeling it was gonna go "THERE" panic

Btw, I read somewhere today, that Season two starts on Monday, March 10th.

TIS

lol I try.

I don't know how long the creators/network intend the show to run but imo it's actually more effective for the story if Norma and Norman never actually cross that line. But her immodesty in front of him, physical affection, and the reveal that she was molested by her own brother certainly point to her doing something with Norman. We shall see..

Re: Bates Motel - 12/02/13 01:43 AM

what was creepy was how unaffected the mom was after being raped by that creepy guy at the beginning of the season... I don't recall off the top of my head, but was Norman just kind of standing there watching?? And I'm sorry but any lady that dates a dirty cop like that pervert that was hiding the little Asian gal has issues... I am not saying she (the mom) likes being dominated but she was broken down at some point and finds that behavior acceptable. I personally would have wanted to kick the lousy cop bastard in the balls a few times simply for disvaluing women so greatly...
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Bates Motel. - 02/08/14 05:42 PM

season 2 starts march 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cET0kPI1yGQ

Re: Bates Motel. - 02/08/14 06:13 PM

Thanks, I wasn't sure WHEN it would be back. I know I'm looking forward to it. I gotta say at the very beginning I wasn't sure about the young actor playing Norman but he is good. The actress playing his mom is excellent as well.

Creepy show but I like it. smile

TIS
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Bates Motel. - 02/08/14 06:54 PM

the chick that plays norma is sexy

Re: Bates Motel. - 02/10/14 03:33 AM

Anyone see the ad for the new season (Mr. Sandman)? Talk about creepy hu? Both Norman & Norma seem a little creepier. panic

TIS
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Bates Motel. - 02/14/14 09:19 PM

Anyone see the ad for the new season (Mr. Sandman)? Talk about creepy hu? Both Norman & Norma seem a little creepier. panic

TIS

I keep seeing this preview all over TV, is this the second season or has this show been going on for a while? I'm strangely attracted to it since the Mr. Sandman song keeps being played every three commercials.

Re: Bates Motel. - 02/14/14 09:23 PM

That preview is from the second season which starts, I believe, in March. The first season was short if I remember correctly. If you are interested it wouldn't take too long to catch up.

If you have a cable service that has "on demand" I'm guessing very soon you'll be able to see season one.

Btw, in case you didn't know, the story is about Norman Bates aka Psycho fame. It tells of his teenage years and I assume how he became the way he was.

smile

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 02/27/14 08:07 PM

FYI, On-Demand is running Season one. New Season starts 3/3 (Monday). Those who haven't seen it, might be surprised. It's actually pretty good AND acting is excellent.

smile

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 02/28/14 06:17 AM

I should probably watch the last 1-2 episodes before the new season starts - my memory is so bad anymore! blush ...but I did enjoy the first season, so look forward to it...

Re: Bates Motel. - 02/28/14 03:19 PM

Geoff,

I have it on "On Demand" and started RE-watching yesterday. Glad I did, I forgot some, and picked up on things I missed first time around. Season one is only 10 episodes. I have four more to go and w/b caught up. I'm sure I can catch up by Monday.

smile

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/04/14 05:41 PM

Anyone watch the season premier? I'm catching up now. I see they are doing what Walking Dead did, airing a show afterward called "Bates Motel-After Hours" to discuss the episode. Hmmm Wonder if this will be a new fad?

smile

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/05/14 12:16 AM

Anyone watch the season premier? I'm catching up now. I see they are doing what Walking Dead did, airing a show afterward called "Bates Motel-After Hours" to discuss the episode. Hmmm Wonder if this will be a new fad?

smile

TIS

I saw it, TIS.
So Norman didn't
Click to reveal..
kill Miss Watson?
It's unclear.

Looks like Bradley still has Norman firmly in the "friend zone". lol

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/05/14 12:26 AM

Lilo,

It IS unclear. At first I thought one way, now I'm not sure. confused BUT
Click to reveal..
He had those pearls in his hand remember? I think they were his teacher's no? Plus he kept the belt of the Motel's former owner and now the beads. His MO maybe?

And Bradley? Birds of a feather I guess. LOL

Btw, and this is NOT a spoiler but a question. Does anyone remember a reference in the movie Psycho to Norman having a brother? I'm just wondering if he's, shall we say, a temporary character.

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/06/14 08:17 PM

Just watched it. I think Bradley got out to soon huh?

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/11/14 11:26 PM

Another interesting episode.

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/11/14 11:48 PM

It was a good episode. Yea, Bradley probably will be coming back. Norman's brother quickly agreed to take her to the bus station didn't he? Then again, he KNOWS they'll kill her.

Man, the whole Bates family is a little weird no? lol And doesn't it figure that Norman's hobby would be taxidermy? Ha ha

Next week previews looked good too. Norma's brother (who she said earlier raped her) shows up. uhwhat

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/11/14 11:51 PM

Ya pretty good episoide, i half expected normans brother(cant remember his name) to turn Bradley in.

Im not sure which part of the show i like more, normans delve into crazy land or the brothers involvement in the weed industry.

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/12/14 09:46 AM

Norma appears oblivious to the fact that she relates more to Norman as her "man" than her son. It's a really messed up dynamic.

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/12/14 05:54 PM

When the Sheriff said that he found another sample of semen in that teacher do you think it was Norman's?

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/13/14 09:43 AM

When the Sheriff said that he found another sample of semen in that teacher do you think it was Norman's?

I thought so. I will have to go back and watch last season's final episode again. But I think that Norman had a black out and raped/killed the woman. And I also think on some level he knows it.

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/27/14 11:05 AM

I don't know how long the show intends to go on but I think eventually the ending has to have some sort of deliberate intimacy (at least attempted) that will be the final catalyst for Norman going over the deep end. The last episode with the spooning and Norman taking on Norma's persona and voice was over the proverbial top.

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/27/14 04:23 PM

I don't know how long the show intends to go on but I think eventually the ending has to have some sort of deliberate intimacy (at least attempted) that will be the final catalyst for Norman going over the deep end. The last episode with the spooning and Norman taking on Norma's persona and voice was over the proverbial top.

Last episode Norman's violent tendency surfaced first when his brother (who I kind of feel sorry for)was arguing with his mom, and then when his new girl friend and him went after his Uncle intending to do him in.

Yea, Lilo, I agree with you on the intimacy issue. It likely will surface soon. For my taste, I'm ok if they don't show it (or as you say Lilo "the full darmody.)" lol but rather make the audience aware that it actually did happen. I mean....his mother? panic I suppose since her own brother raped her repeatedly made her go off the deep end.

Btw, it seems all the cops in that city walk the shady side no?

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/27/14 07:21 PM

Last weeks epi. when Dylan and they guy were burying those people what was that white stuff they put on them?

This epi just freaked me out! What was on fire?

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/27/14 08:39 PM

Last weeks epi. when Dylan and they guy were burying those people what was that white stuff they put on them?

It was either lime or lye, either way it helps a body decompose faster........dont ask me how i know that.

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/27/14 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce

It was either lime or lye, either way it helps a body decompose faster........dont ask me how i know that.

You have a little experience in that field do ya? wink lol I would not have known that. Thanks for the info.

Mig, as far as the fire, I too wasn't sure what was burning? The motel that Dylan's father was at? confused

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/27/14 11:20 PM

I think it was Sheriff Romero's house that was burning down.

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/28/14 12:19 AM

I think it was Sheriff Romero's house that was burning down.

Yes ur right it was his house, he seems like a guy you shouldnt mess with, but that crazy guy zane(who replaced Gil) just pooked the bear.

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/28/14 04:55 PM

I thought it was that hotel also. I'm sure Norman's Uncle was thinking "what kind of a freak are you?"

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/29/14 07:30 PM

Given that Norma's brother did not deny the accusations but said "it wasn't like that", you almost have to wonder if whatever happened between the siblings was consensual or if one or both was/were harmed by one of the parents. Rewatching it, it seemed as if the brother wanted to say something else about Norma but held back.

Also for someone who is supposed to be a geeky weird nerd, Norman certainly has the young ladies showing interest in him. lol

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/02/14 06:41 PM

Dylan is not bothered by violence in the slightest.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/02/14 06:59 PM

I'm thinking since the revelation that he is son of his Uncle pretty much messed him up. I too, got same impression from his Uncle, as tho there was more to tell. Consensual or not....Yikes!! panic LOL

Norman and his new girlfriend seem to have bonded. Tho of course Norma told him not to see her anymore. Yea, he does seem to get a few girls in spite of his oddness. The girl with the oxygen tubes seems to like/d him too but Norma seems ok with her for some reason. Maybe cause her life expectancy isn't very long.

Part of me a times wants to like him and/or I'll think perhaps he'll have a normal life if he escapes his mom's clutches BUT I know how the story goes and it's like I slowly wait to see him lose it (which he's started to do.....aka getting knife happy). lol

I do enjoy the show and I think his mom (Vera Farmiga) is a really good actress and plays the part well. AND the actor playing Norman is growing on me more and more as very good in the part of young Norman.

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/08/14 01:26 PM

Anyone watch last night's episode? Was really good. Norman was protecting Cody from her father, who ended up falling down the steps. Think he's dead? In spite of who Norman is, that was an accident no?

I keep rooting for Norman to get better but we know where it's gonna go.

Next week looks good too with Norma confronting Cody. Good show, good acting.

smile

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/10/14 05:59 AM

That was no accident.. whistle lol
I thought the father was dead. We'll see.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/10/14 08:30 AM

That was no accident.. whistle lol
I thought the father was dead. We'll see.

Really? I'll have to re-watch. I know Norman attacked him and it looked like in the fight he went down the steps. I assumed he was dead but not positive. confused I'm wondering IF the girl (Cody?) will cover up for Norman knowing his blackouts?

Btw, pretty mean of Norma to make sure Norman did NOT get his driver's license. LOL Though understandable.

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/14/14 07:41 PM

I was two episodes behind and I just got caught up. Idk if Cody's father is dead or not but, he's a jerk.

Seems funny to me that Norma has a laptop but is using a rotary phone.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/15/14 04:48 PM

Really good episode last night with somewhat of a surprise ending. I forgot about the slain teacher and possible evidence left behind. Oh what will Norma do now? panic

Looking at the scene again of Cody's father, I still say, though Norman did lunge at him, it was to protect Cody, and him falling down the steps was accidental.

smile

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/16/14 06:28 AM

So is Zane dead? And if so what does that mean for the "relationship" between Dylan and Zane's sister and real boss, Jodi?

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/22/14 10:43 AM

It seemed as tho, by last night's episode Jodi didn't care that Zane was dead? confused

So Norman evidently had sex with the teacher and I'm guessing killed her as well, tho it sounds like it's possible he did not. confused I thought Romero was gonna arrest him.

I like that Norma is strong and can tell that jerk that got her a seat on the city council to get out. Yet, she's all upset because Norman is giving her the cold shoulder. lol

Dylan is also getting in a little deeper than he planned to.

Oh, and I loved Norma's reaction to all the stuffed critters Norman was putting around the house. lol

They said only 3 more episodes left in this season? What a ripoff. I hate how short these seasons are AND how long in between them. mad

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/22/14 09:44 PM

I don't think Zane is dead TIS. I think at the end Jodi was telling Dylan, implicitly, that if the only way to stop Zane was to kill him then she was okay with that.

The Norma/Norman stuff is just so twisted. Norma goes out on a date and is upset because Norman is pretending NOT to be jealous.

I bet that Norman blacked out and killed the teacher. But I can't recall if the show confirmed she was raped or not.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/22/14 10:33 PM

Is it me or was it confusing as to whether he died or not? confused I thought he was dead. I'll re-watch that scene again.

Romero said rape confirmed and that DNA was Norman's. Norman must have blacked out again.

Doesn't it seem that Norman, at this point, just might be able to still have a normal life if his mom would send him for therapy? Ok, MAJOR therapy. Ha ha Most of the time he seems like a nice, tho odd, kid. confused

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/23/14 06:12 AM

Zane wasn't dead. They opened with the shootout at Nick Ford's place but Zane wasn't among the bodies. Remember that Sheriff Romero is looking for him and assaults/harasses Dylan in order to send a message.

Zane later shows up at Jodie's house where he and Jodie and Dylan have a meeting. Zane doesn't trust his sister and obliquely warns Dylan before leaving.

Nick Ford and Dylan have the meet at the diner where Nick orders Dylan to kill Zane and threatens all out war and Dylan's family.

Dylan threatens Ford in turn but later goes back to Jodie's house where he tells her that she has to stop Zane. She orders him out but then embraces him and whispers that if he has to (ahem) "stop" Zane, then she's ok with it.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/23/14 11:01 AM

Thanks Lilo. That's what I get for watching half asleep. I think I got it all but must have dozed off. lol I'm gonna re-watch today.

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/27/14 04:46 PM

Lilo,

I'm watching last couple episodes now. I was thinking Cody's dad's name was Zane and was sure he was dead. That's were the confusion was.

My mistake. wink

Sounded like Nick Ford was threatening to hurt Norma/Norman if Dylan doesn't co-operate. Oh, and what a nice sister Zane has hu? Geez uhwhat

They're showing brief previews of tomorrow's episode and it looks really good. Looks like Norman's held prisoner or something. confused Only two more episodes to go.

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/28/14 08:30 AM

Sounded like Nick Ford was threatening to hurt Norma/Norman if Dylan doesn't co-operate. Oh, and what a nice sister Zane has hu? Geez uhwhat
TIS

Well she does offer Dylan a bonus that would be hard for Zane or Nick to match. whistle lol

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/06/14 10:43 AM

DON'T READ IF YOU DIDN'T SEE SEASON FINALE

So Lilo, what did you think of the finale? Norman seems to remember. panic Dylan & Romero unlikely allies.

Clever on writer's part, during lie detector test, when Norman sees his mother telling him SHE murdered Mrs. Watkins, thus being truthful(well, in his twisted mind) during test, no?

How about the Mother/son "dance"? OMG... I know I know, they are only actors, not related but I hope they keep what I call the "creepy" factor out and just let the audience conclude what happens. LOL

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/06/14 07:50 PM

So Lilo, what did you think of the finale? Norman seems to remember. panic Dylan & Romero unlikely allies.

Clever on writer's part, during lie detector test, when Norman sees his mother telling him SHE murdered Mrs. Watkins, thus being truthful(well, in his twisted mind) during test, no?

How about the Mother/son "dance"? OMG... I know I know, they are only actors, not related but I hope they keep what I call the "creepy" factor out and just let the audience conclude what happens. LOL

TIS

Hey TIS, even if Norma/Norman never do that final thing, they almost may have well as already as they are each emotionally intimate with each other in a way that normal relatives just aren't. sick

It seems like they have set up Dylan to be the town's new drug lord. I thought they too neatly/quickly disposed of Jodie.

I thought that if Norman can willingly go into his "mother" mode then he's not so much sick as he is "evil". It's like he was thinking how can I get out of this? Oh yes, summon up mother.

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/06/14 08:37 PM

TIS

Hey TIS, even if Norma/Norman never do that final thing, they almost may have well as already as they are each emotionally intimate with each other in a way that normal relatives just aren't. sick

It seems like they have set up Dylan to be the town's new drug lord. I thought they too neatly/quickly disposed of Jodie.

I thought that if Norman can willingly go into his "mother" mode then he's not so much sick as he is "evil". It's like he was thinking how can I get out of this? Oh yes, summon up mother.

Hi Lilo,

Yea I see what you're getting at, with Norman summoning his mother when he needs to change personalities. Yet the original Norman Bates did kill while dressed as his mother.

I didn't expect Jodie to go so quickly either. As far as Romero, what's his angle? Just a crooked cop? I'm guessing Dylan will owe him now.

Tho, every now & then I forget this is NOT your normal family lol it was nice for Dylan that Norma bought 3 tickets to Canada.

Oh, and what happened to those beads and picture of Ms. Watkins? Could that come back to Norman now?

smile

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/06/14 09:18 PM

IIRC the flunky gave the beads and pics back to Nick Ford so there shouldn't be anything linking Norman to that murder.

I think Romero (obviously) is corrupt. But I get the feeling that he would see it more as balancing the greater good of the town vs the cost of turning a blind eye to something everyone does anyway. As long as there's not blood in the streets (and he gets a small slice of the financial pie) he's not going to bother most dealers-at least the more important ones.

He did seem honestly bothered by the possibility that he sent an innocent man to prison so like most of us, I think he's a mix of good and evil.
Posted By: Paddy_James

Re: Bates Motel. - 07/07/14 01:35 AM

Man, look at all the bosses in this topic. What is this, some kind a commission? Lol. Bates Motel is a great show, I've watched both seasons and they are filming the third now.

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/08/15 05:42 PM

Reminder: Season 3 starts tomorrow. smile I hate that there is so much time between seasons. A&E is running repeats today. I'm glad I am able to see the last few episodes. It's a great refresher.

smile

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/08/15 07:19 PM

It came on Time Warner cable on demand so I caught up this past week. The faces Norman makes freaks me out.
Posted By: jipjones

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/09/15 10:48 AM

Ya there's also a Marothon on today I cant wait BATES MOTEL then SAUL right after that!!

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/10/15 01:48 PM

Well Norman is getting even creepier. I wonder who he's gonna kill next? Maybe his NOW girlfriend, Emma who hopefully will catch on to him??

His relationship with his mom is getting disturbing too. panic Dylan is beginning to get a clue. Btw, I really think Vera Farmiga is a good actress and plays the part very well.

smile

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/10/15 05:02 PM

Norman got real upset when Norma wanted to kick him out of her bed. The poor girl who was staying at the hotel.
I was confused as to what went down with Dylan and the Sheriff.

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/24/15 12:42 PM

Good episode last night. We see more how Norman is "imagining" his mom talking to him. Poor Emma. Does she know what she's getting into? And is that Dylan's father he's working with. He told Emma it was an Uncle didn't he?

I find more and more I can reflect back to the Psycho movie Norman Bates and see how he actually got the way he ended up. The mommie issues are revealing themselves more and more as Bates Motel continues. Interesting.

smile

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/27/15 11:30 AM

What was the purpose of Norman laying in the bathtub full of water?

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/31/15 01:09 AM

I keep waiting for something big to happen with Norman.. Im waiting for Sherriff Shapero to really try to focus on Norman.. but well c good so far

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/07/15 10:35 PM

Good episode yesterday. Norman smelling his mothers dress weird. Not sure why Norma felt the need to pack and leave when she found out that her bro is in town though.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/14/15 10:25 AM

freaky and freakier
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/14/15 12:46 PM

freaky and freakier

Yes, that show is really creepy.

I dont know who is more whacked out, the kid or the mother.

smile

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/14/15 05:47 PM

I missed the first few minutes who shot Sheriff Romeo?

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/14/15 11:40 PM

Thats funnie, I did not see that part either.

I will check that, my wife saw it from the start.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/15/15 06:15 AM

I don't know who freaks me out more...

Norman -- babyface and all -- not sure if I want to hug or slap him!

Norma -- I think I just wanna slap!

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/15/15 03:43 PM

I don't know who freaks me out more...

Norman -- babyface and all -- not sure if I want to hug or slap him!

Norma -- I think I just wanna slap!

That's funny Geoff lol

The faces that Norman makes freaks me out. uhwhat

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/15/15 04:58 PM

I missed the first few minutes who shot Sheriff Romeo?

I don't think it matters or will be revealed who physicaly shot him, but it was on the orders of that Paris guy who owns the flash drive working with the black sheriff candidate. My guess would be the guy that ran Norma off the road in the previous episode, but I thought I saw him following Norma around the same time?

Anyway that scene where Norman transformed into Norma was creepy as hell. I was reading through this thread just now and someone asked if incest between Norman and his mother was ever brought up in the film. Well it wasn't in the original, but there was a crappy TV movie called Psycho The Beginning and the main explanation for Norman flipping was his mother had been sexually abusing him. Still this has nothing to do with the books, and Hitchcock had no involvement of course.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/15/15 05:48 PM

The look on Norman's face when he seen Norma hug Uncle Caleb he was pissed. Uncle Caleb won't be around much longer.

It's nice seeing two cast members from SOA on Bates Motel.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/15/15 07:07 PM

Yeah I wonder if Opie (can't remember his name) will have a bigger part now that Norma's brother took that job. That whole storyline annoys me, seemingly Emma is supposed to be the only "normal" regular character, but she thought it was completely understandable that Dylan wants to hang out with his mothers rapist. Now I know that not all is as it seems there, but it hasn't indicated at all that Emma knows more than what she's been told. All she knows is that he raped Norma and she fell pregnant with Dylan, but she acts as if Norman is in the wrong for wanting to tell his mother.

Now that's not to say Norman isn't in the wrong he clearly has a problem for the completely wrong and messed up reasons, but again there's no indication that Emma knows this. It's kinda ruined her character a bit for me. I mean why does she so desparetly want to be part of this fucked up family? It's hinted more than once that she isn't really into Norman anymore, but was using their relationship to get closer to these psychos.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/15/15 07:09 PM

Also some of you were wondering where you had seen the guy who Sheriff Romero killed in the first season I think before? I'm wondering if any of you watch Justified, and if so he his Wynn Duffy or the guy with the eyebrows wink .

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/15/15 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel
Yeah I wonder if Opie (can't remember his name) will have a bigger part now that Norma's brother took that job. That whole storyline annoys me, seemingly Emma is supposed to be the only "normal" regular character, but she thought it was completely understandable that Dylan wants to hang out with his mothers rapist. Now I know that not all is as it seems there, but it hasn't indicated at all that Emma knows more than what she's been told. All she knows is that he raped Norma and she fell pregnant with Dylan, but she acts as if Norman is in the wrong for wanting to tell his mother.

Now that's not to say Norman isn't in the wrong he clearly has a problem for the completely wrong and messed up reasons, but again there's no indication that Emma knows this. It's kinda ruined her character a bit for me. I mean why does she so desparetly want to be part of this fucked up family? It's hinted more than once that she isn't really into Norman anymore, but was using their relationship to get closer to these psychos.

Emma's been getting on my nerves lately. Was she wanting Norman to wake up and see Dylan hitting her chest?

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/02/15 07:15 PM

Missed the last couple episodes and just now caught up. Getting very weird now as we begin to see the "psycho" Norman coming out.

Very last episode, Norman running in the street. Who's the girl that turned around and called him by name? confused

Btw, the cop (Romero) is strange along with the Bates family. I think the entire town is a little off. ha ha

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/02/15 07:15 PM

Missed the last couple episodes and just now caught up. Getting very weird now as we begin to see the "psycho" Norman coming out.

Very last episode, Norman running in the street. Who's the girl that turned around and called him by name? confused

Btw, the cop (Romero) is strange along with the Bates family. I think the entire town is a little off. ha ha Still it's getting good.

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/03/15 03:13 PM

Btw, the cop (Romero) is strange along with the Bates family. I think the entire town is a little off. ha ha

TIS

It was Bradley.

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/05/15 03:25 PM

Thanks Camarel.

I just now saw last night's episode. Norma's brother told her about Norman's visit to hotel after Norma told him about her brother raping her. He said "Norman thought he was you." That along with scene of Norman in Norma's robe thinking he WAS her, and knowing how Norman turns out, it certainly confirms good script writing to emphasize Norman's disturbing personality. Great acting too IMHO smile

Can't believe next week is season finale? What was it 10 episodes? Damn, goes so quickly.

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/12/15 01:57 AM

all in all my Opinion on Season 3 it was pretty weak seasons 1 and 2 were way better they really drag this Paris and the Computer chip out for a while I thought personally We wd start seeing Norman become who he is a pyscopathic killer with Romero going after him... Personally I gotta say next Season sd be the Last Season.. We start seeing Norman become who he suppose to be.. Mayb Romero goes after him... Plus I know its a show some of the shit I don't like is how Romero gets away with these unrealistic killings in the show.. just point out blank killed the Sheriff running against him then Paris plus stuff from the other seasons nvr wd happen.... So that's my opionion wish they kept that cutie Bradley Martin around longer!

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/15/15 10:41 AM

I wonder if Norman will kill Emma due to she is getting close to Dylan?

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/15/15 01:31 PM

I think it's been a very good season (tho too short). Little by little we are seeing the psycho Norman appear. More and more insight into his imagining his mom coaxing him to do things.

Yea, I wouldn't be surprised that Emma could be a target. At least Norma is looking into getting him help, yet....we'll see how that goes.

smile
TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/16/15 02:55 AM

I must admit I agree with jip, thisseason was very underwhelming compared to the last two and I'd be happy with it ending next Season rather than it stretching to the planned five. Personally I think they advanced Norman too quickly, while it was great viewing it really hurt Season 3 and I could only imagine it getting worse over the next two.

That's unless they end everything happening now during Season 4, then use a shortened Season to lead up to and act out the events in Psycho during Season 5. I also agree that Bradleys return was underwhelming and obvious, TIS I'd argue that Norman has fully transformed into the Psycho character, judging by Bradleys death and other points in Season 3.

Re: Bates Motel. - 10/16/15 05:27 PM

Is Bates Motel coming back on?

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/08/16 07:04 PM

Did anyone watch season premier last night? Norman is REALLY turning weird and creepy. I must admit I was hesitant at first about the boy playing Norman but he's actually good. AND I really think woman playing Norma is a good actress.

smile

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/09/16 03:14 PM

Did anyone watch season premier last night? Norman is REALLY turning weird and creepy. I must admit I was hesitant at first about the boy playing Norman but he's actually good. AND I really think woman playing Norma is a good actress.

smile

TIS

I did watch it, and agree. they are both really good in their parts and completely creep me out.

If I knocked on the door of that house and that Kid opened the door, lookin like that. I would leave, very quickly and never return.

Ooofa

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/10/16 03:08 AM

The faces he makes just creeps me out.

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/11/16 05:14 PM

The faces he makes just creeps me out.

He does have the nerdish and at first, likeableness of Norman Bates but with those LOOKS, if you think back to the original he does take on a resemblance of Anthony Perkins. panic

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/13/16 06:00 PM

Norman's Therapist really has his hands full.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/13/16 10:08 PM

It's getting interesting with Doctor NOW knowing he has two personalities. panic

Btw. What is the deal with Romero and that woman? I may have dozed off. But did he kill that woman that was following him? I'm not sure exactly what she had on him.

Oh, and the guy (who knows Dylan) that came to repair the window? I wouldn't have trusted him on the onset. He was creepy. Dylan's not gonna be happy when he finds out.

smile

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/14/16 02:42 AM

Dylan & Emma are boring.

Norman's Doctor is creepy.

Norma's new husband wears more makeup than she does.

I'm out, this show is way to slow. Too any story lines.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/21/16 03:21 PM

Dues, Imho the Sheriff looks like the guy who played Norman Bates from the movie.

According to the previews Norman wants to check himself out of the hospital. Should be interesting.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/21/16 05:55 PM

Well I like the show. I like the sessions between Norman and his doctor, with Norman visualizing his mother beside him. Give us insight as to Norman's "psychoticness." I'm sure he's leaving hospital w/o Doctor's approval. I sense big trouble when he sees mom is married. uhwhat

Correct me if I'm wrong BUT I thought Norma was raped by her brother but last week didn't she say they had a "relationship" of some kind because of their upbringing? Family of sickos!! LOL

Anyway, I'm glad she was up front with Romero. It's only gonna get creepier imho.

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/22/16 02:30 AM

Dues, Imho the Sheriff looks like the guy who played Norman Bates from the movie.

According to the previews Norman wants to check himself out of the hospital. Should be interesting.
Well I like the show. I like the sessions between Norman and his doctor, with Norman visualizing his mother beside him. Give us insight as to Norman's "psychoticness." I'm sure he's leaving hospital w/o Doctor's approval. I sense big trouble when he sees mom is married. uhwhat

Correct me if I'm wrong BUT I thought Norma was raped by her brother but last week didn't she say they had a "relationship" of some kind because of their upbringing? Family of sickos!! LOL

Anyway, I'm glad she was up front with Romero. It's only gonna get creepier imho.

TIS

Agree with you both. I watch it again last night and think that guy is some actor ( Norman) he really plays that well. I also loved the way Norma handeled the creepo glass guy. I plan on still dvr'in it and watching when I can.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/23/16 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: DuesPaid

Agree with you both. I watch it again last night and think that guy is some actor ( Norman) he really plays that well. I also loved the way Norma handeled the creepo glass guy. I plan on still dvr'in it and watching when I can

That creepo guy played Opie on SOA and so did the guy who plays Norma's Brother. Norman's facial expressions are creepy.

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/26/16 07:06 PM

So, looks like Norman is checking himself out of the hospital. He's not very happy about Norma's marriage.

The previews said "Only 3 episodes left" NOT for the season. I assume the series ends? If so, and if it follows the film, Norman should kill and stuff his mom. uhwhat Don't know about Romero or Norman's brother Dylan. I'm guessing it'll probably end where he is the owner of the Bate Motel. Of course mom will be somewhere in the house in a rocking chair. lol
This is of course, is my guess if there are only 3 episodes in the series left.

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/30/16 02:28 AM

I didn't see Monday's episode. I'm waiting for it to come on demand.

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/12/16 06:37 PM

OMG!! Something is going to happen for the season finale on Monday night.

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/12/16 07:03 PM

OMG!! Something is going to happen for the season finale on Monday night.

Good episode wasn't it? Is Norma really dead??? Dylan is leaving at the right time but I don't know if Alex will make it.

Also, is next week the season finale or the series finale?

smile

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/12/16 10:40 PM

I think Season finale but, I'm not all together sure on that. Idk if Dylan will leave or not. I don't think Norma's dead but who knows. I was surprised at Alex's reaction toward Norma.

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/13/16 12:09 AM

Mig,

I read there will be another season. I'm thinking Norma isn't dead either. Yes it seems Alex really does care for Norma. Funny how both Dylan and Alex see how dangerous he is, but Norma doesn't

I have the perfect ending though for Bates Motel that can end where the movie Psycho starts.

Norman kills his mom, stuffs her LOL; puts her in the rocker by the window. Norman tends to the motel. The last scene is the Janet Leigh character coming in to rent a room. smile

Of course he'd likely have to kill Alex and Dylan if he's still there. That's why I wondered IF this would be the end after last weeks.

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/13/16 02:36 AM

He might kill his therapist as well TIS. Or his Mother personality will.

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/17/16 04:37 PM

OMG!!! When does this come back on?

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/17/16 07:00 PM

Great episode wasn't it? Norman totally took over the funeral (with only Norman in attendance). Did he imagine Norma opening her eyes at funeral home? That was creepy.

I KNEW Norman would have to get the body home somehow. Time to use his taxidermy skills. wink AND, Romero gets arrested and Norman shuts out Dylan, who doesn't even know his mom has died.

It's on next week as far as I know. I thought this was the last season tho. It's sort of going that way I think.

By the way, that creepy glass repair guy, what's with him? He was never a friend to Norma. I don't like him.

Anyway a great episode!!

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 05/24/16 06:58 PM

In an earlier post, I suggested the series end with Marion (The Janet Leigh role) entering the Bates Motel. Well, I guess my idea is the writers' idea as well(I should have guessed lol). Looks like they will be having that character appear next season. I thought maybe, Jamie Lee Curtis (Janet Leigh's daughter) might be great and a sentimental touch in the role. However, sounds like they are looking for a younger person, closer to Norman's age.

Anyway, I look forward to it. Norman is truly getting creepier and creepier. panic

TIS

http://tvline.com/2016/05/20/bates-motels-marion-crane-psycho-season-5-cast/

Re: Bates Motel. - 01/27/17 05:49 PM

Fifth and final season starts February 20th A&E.

Re: Bates Motel. - 01/28/17 03:11 PM

Fifth and final season starts February 20th A&E.

Rihanna is set to play Marion (Janet Leigh role). I look forward to this final season. It's ending (it seems) as I had hoped it would, connecting to the character in the film. smile

http://www.justjared.com/2016/11/15/rihanna-starts-work-on-bates-motel-see-the-first-set-photos/

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 02/21/17 04:28 PM

Well looks like Norman is pretty much in "Psycho" mode. From the start, the series shows us a more or less "normal/shy" Norman. He didn't seem like he'd be Psycho. Then little by little we see his very creepy side. Remember the episode when his brother comes downstairs and Norman is cooking dressed like his mother? panic He says "Norman is still sleeping. What do you want for breakfast." lol CREEPY!

Now we are seeing his conversations with his dead mother. The series has really given us backdrop of Norman Bates pre Psycho and now will end right at the point where Marion checks into the hotel. Not sure if they'll show the famous shower scene or if it'll end right there.

When I first started watching Bates Motel, I wasn't sure at all about the guy playing Norman (Freddy Highmore). But he and Vera Farmiga are absolutely perfect for the parts and both good actors.

IMO I think Hitchcock and Anthony Perkins would be very pleased with this series.

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/30/17 08:21 PM

Did anybody watch Monday's episode? OMG!!

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/30/17 08:47 PM

Did anybody watch Monday's episode? OMG!!

I did!!! Norman Bates went true "Psycho". Wow, and what a twist of a shower scene no? uhwhat panic I love that the series went into the Norman Bates of the movie. I know it's the last season but not sure how many more episodes are left. I wonder IF he'll end up killing his brother Dylan.

Very good series. When I first started watching I wasn't sure that Freddy Highmore would cut it as Norman but he totally did a wonderful job.

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 03/31/17 01:25 AM

Freddy's facial features just freaks me out. I really like the series and will be sad to see it end but hey, they only have so much material to work with. What's gonna happen to the Sheriff?

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/24/17 11:13 PM

Mig,

Tonight is the series finale of Bates Motel. Sorry to see it go but I think they are (or seem to be) ending it in a good place.

My prediction tonight is that Norman kills his brother and goes back in jail/hospital.

smile

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/25/17 02:39 PM

Great episode and good ending. I want put spoilers.

They also had a special right after with the cast, who all seem to have enjoyed working together.

smile

TIS

Re: Bates Motel. - 04/28/17 09:19 PM

It was a good series and I hate to see it end. There is only so much material to work with.
I like how it ended. I think they had to end it that way.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET