Home

Best Marlon Brando Role???

Posted By: DE NIRO

Best Marlon Brando Role??? - 02/13/13 10:37 PM

Until a couple of weeks a go i would have said his best role was Vito in The Godfather but having seen A Streetcar Named Desire i have to change my mind. Marlon was perfect in his role as Stanley.

Posted By: klydon1

Re: Best Marlon Brando Role??? - 02/13/13 10:38 PM

On the Waterfront

Re: Best Marlon Brando Role??? - 02/13/13 10:42 PM

"I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, Charley"

Great scene..

Posted By: RichieAnimal

Re: Best Marlon Brando Role??? - 02/13/13 10:55 PM

On the waterfront so many good actors in it so many good scenes in it fantastic movie. So does chocolate syrup pass for blood in a black and white film. The scene where Brando tells his girl friend that he set up her brother for the hit while the ship horn drowns out what he told her, but the look on her face says it all.

They tried to steal that moment in the movie the firm when cruise told his wife that their place was bugged in the middle of loud music did not hit the same high mark.

Re: Best Marlon Brando Role??? - 02/13/13 10:58 PM

When Steiger and Brando did that scene in the cabSteiger actually was there to help Brando. During Steigers dialog Brando was not there. Steiger
never forgot that slight by Brando. The cab driver and the truck driver who tried to kill Brando was another great actor Neamyer persasu.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Best Marlon Brando Role??? - 02/14/13 11:37 AM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
On the Waterfront

I agree!
Posted By: SC

Re: Best Marlon Brando Role??? - 02/14/13 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
On the Waterfront

I agree!

Got my vote, too.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Best Marlon Brando Role??? - 02/14/13 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
On the Waterfront

I agree!

Got my vote, too.

Three wise men cool
Posted By: Danito

Re: Best Marlon Brando Role??? - 02/15/13 10:24 AM

For me, the best scene of "On the Waterfront" is when he's walking with the girl along a play ground. The actress Eva Marie Saint loses a glove. Marlon picks it up, plays with it and finally puts it on his own hand. I love these improvised elements. He did a similar thing with the cat in the Godfather's opening scene and the orange pieces in the Vito's death scene.

Anyway, I think Marlon delivered his best performances in The Godfather and A Streetcar.
Posted By: Dazzlin_Vinny_D

Re: Best Marlon Brando Role??? - 03/18/13 10:07 AM

Without a doubt On the Waterfront. The themes in that movie still and always resonate, it could be re made today and still be just as successful. But with Brando's ability to be so natural only he could be Terry.

Re: Best Marlon Brando Role??? - 03/18/13 12:13 PM

Wow a remake of the movie on the waterfront something to think about. But who could play all the parts in that movie and play them well. I have no clue do any of you. Who would direct a movie like that?

Re: Best Marlon Brando Role??? - 03/18/13 06:42 PM

No remake thank you, lets leave it how it was, while were at it lets remake Casablanca.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Best Marlon Brando Role??? - 03/19/13 04:18 PM

"Streetcar."
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Best Marlon Brando Role??? - 03/19/13 04:47 PM

I would go with Streetcar as well. The entire mood of the film was very interesting to me and Brando was so hot back then. smile I actually liked The Wild One too.

Btw, I likely would not have seen this Brando movie had we not had to read it in high school, "Teahouse of the August Moon." Shortly after they had it on tv and I watched it. Can't say I necessarily liked it but it's been so many years ago.

TIS
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Best Marlon Brando Role??? - 03/31/13 05:58 AM

ON THE WATERFRONT for me, as well, although STREETCAR ain't that far behind.
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: Best Marlon Brando Role??? - 04/01/13 06:56 AM

Waterfront as well. Just wondering, would Brando have made more classics like Waterfront and Streetcar if James Dean didn't die. What I mean is Dean was a rival to Brando (as well as Mcqueen) and I believe beat them out on a couple parts. It just seems like after Streetcar, Brando didn't really make any movies that were up to the par of On the Waterfront, until The Godfather.It was like he lost his drive to out perform Dean and be a bigger star than him at the time. After his death he didn't have to worry much about anybody else.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Best Marlon Brando Role??? - 04/02/13 03:39 AM

I've seen those Brando films mentioned above, but my vote is still The Godfather. There are any number of young actors who could have well portrayed Stanley or Terry. However, only Brando could own the role of Vito.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Best Marlon Brando Role??? - 04/03/13 09:00 PM

There was a mini Marlon Brando marathon on TCM, due to it being Brando's birthday today. Just finished ON THE WATERFRONT. Gets better everytime I watch it!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET