Home

The Americans!

Posted By: Five_Felonies

The Americans! - 01/31/13 10:11 PM

did anyone watch the first episode? i thought it was pretty solid, looks like it has alot of potential. here is the first episode for anyone who's interested...

http://www.sockshare.com/file/66F66810F97A1C72#
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: The Americans! - 01/31/13 11:05 PM

thanks for sharing bro, i completely forgot it was airing this wk
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: The Americans! - 02/01/13 12:49 AM

I started to watch it but fell asleep. I will catch it on "On Demand". It did look pretty good but I didn't get very far into the episode before I nodded off. smile

TIS
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: The Americans! - 02/01/13 02:12 AM

IMO, very good show. Very quirky times also if any accuracy in plot lines.

Re: The Americans! - 02/01/13 02:15 AM

Very good pilot episode, another show to add to my watch list. I read this episode received very high ratings. Cold War and spies are always a big hit in my book.

Re: The Americans! - 02/01/13 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Very good pilot episode, another show to add to my watch list.

One weird, however valid point was not everyone tried a terrible Russian accent. The guy. from the mall taking that beating was classic.

Re: The Americans! - 02/01/13 02:20 AM

The show seemed a little quirky to me at first for about the first twenty minutes or so then it all starts coming together nicely.

Re: The Americans! - 02/01/13 02:23 AM

Kerri Russell got me thru the first 20 minutes. Jordache jeans were a great fit

Re: The Americans! - 02/01/13 02:26 AM

She is a keeper thats for sure.
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: The Americans! - 02/01/13 03:09 AM

I really enjoyed the pilot. Three new shows to watch now.

Re: The Americans! - 02/01/13 03:18 AM

Bam,

Was it as good as "The Following?"

smile

TIS

Re: The Americans! - 02/01/13 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Bam,

Was it as good as "The Following?"

smile

TIS

I think that The Americans was better than Following. The Following really doesn't have that great of acting, and some weak points in the story at times. The American's may have been slow at times, but it is the pilot and they need to put in as much information.

Overall, I believe The Americans has a bigger ceiling to do things and be interesting. The Following is something that a lot of people may have seen from movies or other tv shows. They also have a story that most likely run It's course by the end of the season. It just depends on what they do for season 2 (if they get picked up that is).

Re: The Americans! - 02/01/13 03:48 PM

Really? I will check it out for sure. However, I disagree with you on "The Following." I think it was great. I was hooked after the first episode (which seldom happens) AND I thought the acting was very good. Go figure hu? confused Of course both shows are new and we'll have to see where the go. It's only a "first look" review.

Thanks

TIS
Posted By: olivant

Re: The Americans! - 02/01/13 03:58 PM

I watched 10 minutes of it and it doesn't attract my further viewing.

Re: The Americans! - 02/02/13 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Really? I will check it out for sure. However, I disagree with you on "The Following." I think it was great. I was hooked after the first episode (which seldom happens) AND I thought the acting was very good. Go figure hu? confused Of course both shows are new and we'll have to see where the go. It's only a "first look" review.

Thanks

TIS

Some of the acting is great to good (Bacon and the main serial killer being the best). But, yea at the moment It is great. Just in the future episodes/seasons you have to do other things that doesn't involve Poe stories or the main serial killer/his followers.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET