Home

The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites??

Posted By: NickyScarfo

The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites?? - 11/26/12 04:54 PM

Well its been 10 years since this masterpiece was first released, the legacy its left in my view is unparalleld, nothing comes close in my view as being as ambitious and as ground breaking as the Wire. I must of seen it all 10 times through, nothing is coming anywhere near close to being as good as the Wire.
The writers and creators are to be congratulated, they never cared their ratings were low they cared about what they were trying to say and do. The show had everything, brilliant acting, humour, tragedy and realism.
So what are some of your favorite wire quotes and moments?

For me Bodie was my favourite character and how he died fitted him, he didn't run but died on his corner, he was always destined to die in the game.
My favourite quote I can think of at the moment is where Omar is talking to Butchie in season 2 about how he's going after Stringer. "What do you see Butch?" "Too much boy, too damn much."
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites?? - 11/26/12 05:10 PM

Season 4 for me is a masterpiece in television making.. The Sopranos for my fav show but The Wire is the best..
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites?? - 11/26/12 06:29 PM

Season 2 at the docks was probably the best season later on in the series all the school shit and politics I didn't really like as much I mean the show was dead on with the way a democratic city rolls
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites?? - 11/26/12 11:53 PM

Watch it again and your opinion may change on season 4.. smile
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites?? - 11/27/12 12:18 AM

"i got the shotgun, you got the briefcase."-omar

Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites?? - 11/27/12 12:27 AM

Great show!!!
Posted By: spmob

Re: The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites?? - 11/27/12 09:52 PM

The Best! I borrowed all the seasons except 1. I have that but would love to watch it all over again.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites?? - 11/28/12 03:05 PM

All superb, but i really liked Season 2.

Re: The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites?? - 11/28/12 05:10 PM

Don't think Iv'e ever seen a colder, more ruthless crew on TV as Marlo's people. Played so well, not over-acted which a lot of TV villains do. Marlo barely spoke but was so cold.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites?? - 11/28/12 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
Don't think Iv'e ever seen a colder, more ruthless crew on TV as Marlo's people. Played so well, not over-acted which a lot of TV villains do. Marlo barely spoke but was so cold.

He had those cat eyes like a Siamese cat
Posted By: Danito

Re: The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites?? - 12/20/12 12:19 PM

I liked the seasons 2 and 4.
2 was very authentic as far as I can tell. The really caught the atmosphere of the unions, dock workers etc.
What I liked in season 4 (and part of 5) was how the kids with similar backgrounds ended up. Sometimes a small event changes everything. Randy Wagstaff for example was a happy positive kid who in other circumstances could have become somebody great. In the end he became violent as anybody else.
Namond Brice was so unfitting for the street, he could have ended up dead very soon. It was just a lucky coincidence that Bunny Colvin saved him.
Michael, perhaps the smartest of them all could have become a sportsman, probably he's going to be a killer like Omar.

In season 5 the newspaper events seemed a little forced, it didn't seem organic as the port in season 2. Also, I couldn't really believe how McNulty changed so dramatically from Season 4 to season 5 (returning to cheating and heavy drinking). It looked like a stretch.

In season 3 I liked how the hamsterdam project was executed and later shut down, just for political reasons.

To me the best series ever.

Re: The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites?? - 12/20/12 02:50 PM

There's almost too much good stuff to talk about, just came to mind what a good character Cutty was!
Posted By: gamms

Re: The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites?? - 12/20/12 05:26 PM

loved the wire.a lot of laughs.lol. believe it or not,my wife likes it better than i do.but this is the woman who loves 'generation kill' and the 'bourne' series.lol.

loved mcnulty.bubbles too. my favorite was the black guy in the first season.whos son was 'namond'. hes in the interveiw room,and hes eating a sandwich confessing to a bunch of murders.lol. 'yeah ill take that one too'.lol!

Re: The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites?? - 12/20/12 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: gamms
loved the wire.a lot of laughs.lol. believe it or not,my wife likes it better than i do.but this is the woman who loves 'generation kill' and the 'bourne' series.lol.

loved mcnulty.bubbles too. my favorite was the black guy in the first season.whos son was 'namond'. hes in the interveiw room,and hes eating a sandwich confessing to a bunch of murders.lol. 'yeah ill take that one too'.lol!

Thats Weebay, interesting fact about him, from the street him and Poot are the only one's to be seen in every season.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites?? - 12/22/12 07:13 PM

When The Wire started airing on the BBC in the UK (summer 2009), I wrote an article that I posted on here in 2010. You can read it here.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites?? - 12/23/12 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: gamms

i luv that scene
Posted By: B_A_

Re: The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites?? - 01/20/13 03:01 AM

I am re-watching it nowadays and during that I constantly have the overwhelming feeling that I'm watching the best TV-series ever. I know it's a cliché, but man, it is just so good, even better the second time round because I already know the main characters. Haven't figured out yet which season I like the best though.

Just one nice picture from this fanboy (note that Clay Davis is the only one with a background)
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced...54205385-10.jpg
Posted By: B_A_

Re: The Wire Turns 10 Your Favorites?? - 01/20/13 03:02 AM

(double posting, sorry, which gives me the chance to ...)
But this is absolutely hilarious, the trailer from a flick called Cedar Rapids, a comedy, not that good, bur please do watch the piece from 1:50: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9VspqcwtJQ
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET