Home

2012 Emmys

Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

2012 Emmys - 09/22/12 06:29 PM

Thought I'd start a thread for tomorrow's show. I am not absolutely sure I'll see all of it, BUT I know from past years there are several of us that enjoy putting in our two cents. smile Any of your favorites?

Here's a couple. The link will have them all.

TIS

Outstanding Comedy Series
Nominees:

"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)

"Curb Your Enthusiasm" (2000)

"Girls" (2012)

"Modern Family" (2009)

"30 Rock" (2006)

"Veep" (2012)

Outstanding Drama Series
Nominees:

"Boardwalk Empire" (2010)

"Breaking Bad" (2008)

"Downton Abbey" (2010)

"Game of Thrones" (2011)

"Homeland" (2011)

"Mad Men" (2007)

http://www.imdb.com/emmys/nominations
Posted By: Camarel

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/22/12 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Thought I'd start a thread for tomorrow's show. I am not absolutely sure I'll see all of it, BUT I know from past years there are several of us that enjoy putting in our two cents. smile Any of your favorites?

Here's a couple. The link will have them all.

TIS

Outstanding Comedy Series
Nominees:

"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)

"Curb Your Enthusiasm" (2000)

"Girls" (2012)

"Modern Family" (2009)

"30 Rock" (2006)

"Veep" (2012)

Outstanding Drama Series
Nominees:

"Boardwalk Empire" (2010)

"Breaking Bad" (2008)

"Downton Abbey" (2010)

"Game of Thrones" (2011)

"Homeland" (2011)

"Mad Men" (2007)

http://www.imdb.com/emmys/nominations

I haven't seen all of the shows but i'll throw in my predictions anway.
1. The big bang theory ( i'd like to say curb but i doubt it'll win.

2. Mad Men ( tough one between MM and Homeland.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/22/12 07:10 PM

If there was any justice, "Curb" would finally get recognized in the comedy bracket. But it won't.

"Modern Family" will probably get the nod because of political correctness (gay characters are just waaay cool in Hollywood right now).

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/22/12 07:14 PM

I haven't seen many of them either. Mad Man IMHO isn't as good as it was at first tho I still tune in. I'm thinking that Boardwalk Empire might win best drama. smile

Big Bang Theory is very good. I agree that may win best comedy.

I am hoping HBO's Game Change will win something, especially Julianne Moore for best actress (Her Sarah Palin portrayal was wonderful); then again the entire cast was great.

I liked Ashley Judd in "Missing" and though I only saw he very first episode, I was kind of hooked on "American Horror Story" and still want to see the rest of the episodes.

I didn't see "The Walking Dead" on the list. I think that is a great show (though I fear there w/b many copy-cat type shows/movies) the originality of the theme will get worn out.

TIS
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/22/12 07:31 PM

I just don't like Modern Family. My brother thinks it's hilarious and begged us to watch it. We watched a few times, and I just didn't find it funny. Obviously, most people think it's funny, too, but I barely cracked a smile.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/22/12 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I just don't like Modern Family. My brother thinks it's hilarious and begged us to watch it. We watched a few times, and I just didn't find it funny. Obviously, most people think it's funny, too, but I barely cracked a smile.

I can't stand it either, Babe. The only ABC comedy that I like is "The Middle." That weird little kid makes me pee lol.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/22/12 07:40 PM

I can't say I've watched Modern Family. I've seen previews and read good reviews, but it doesn't interest me. Yet, I admit there are very few comedies I watch. I prefer drama myself.

PB, I like The Middle too, tho I don't watch it all the time. It is funny.

smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/22/12 07:45 PM

As long as you're still watching "Hawaii Five 0," Tis.

I can't wait for Monday. If my girl Kono dies, I'm flying out to Hollywood and hurting a producer whistle.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/22/12 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
As long as you're still watching "Hawaii Five 0," Tis.

I can't wait for Monday. If my girl Kono dies, I'm flying out to Hollywood and hurting a producer whistle.

No!! I had no idea. uhwhat How do you know? panic I liked Kono. (yes, I love Hawaii Five-0)

Btw, I love the star, Alex O'Loughlin. Did you all know that he actually is from Australia and has an Australian accent? Blows me away that he can hide it. Much like House. I didn't know he was English.

Anyway,I'm so disappointed and hope you are wrong PB.

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/22/12 07:57 PM

I don't think she's gonna die, Tis. I was just joking because I love her character so much. She's smart, pretty and tough. The perfect woman grin.

I've seen Alex interviewed a few times. It's amazing that Aussies and Brits do American accents so well. But when Americans do likewise, we all sound like, ello Govunah, spot a tea?

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/22/12 08:01 PM

I don't think she's gonna die, Tis. I was just joking because I love her character so much. She's smart, pretty and tough. The perfect woman grin.

I've seen Alex interviewed a few times. It's amazing that Aussies and Brits do American accents so well. But when Americans do likewise, we all sound like, ello Govunah, spot a tea?

Whew!! Glad to know you were joking. I didn't hear about any of the characters dying but I do like that the Kono in the new series is female who can kick ass. lol

Btw, (and I assume it's not a surprise cause I've seen previews), Christine Lhati makes an appearance as McGarret's mother (Thought she was dead?) hu??

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/22/12 08:09 PM

I haven't seen many of them either. Mad Man IMHO isn't as good as it was at first tho I still tune in. I'm thinking that Boardwalk Empire might win best drama. smile

Big Bang Theory is very good. I agree that may win best comedy.

I am hoping HBO's Game Change will win something, especially Julianne Moore for best actress (Her Sarah Palin portrayal was wonderful); then again the entire cast was great.

I liked Ashley Judd in "Missing" and though I only saw he very first episode, I was kind of hooked on "American Horror Story" and still want to see the rest of the episodes.

I didn't see "The Walking Dead" on the list. I think that is a great show (though I fear there w/b many copy-cat type shows/movies) the originality of the theme will get worn out.

TIS

American horror story is great my gf made me watch it with her and i loved it. You should watch the rest of it here if you missed it http://www.1channel.ch/tv-2728055-American-Horror-Story sockshare and putlocker work best.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/22/12 08:44 PM

Camarel,

Thanks, but how safe is that website to download? I always hesitate. Have you used it? I was waiting for HBO On Demand to repeat the ones I missed, but so far I haven't seen it.

smile

Thanks

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/22/12 09:04 PM

Camarel,

Thanks, but how safe is that website to download? I always hesitate. Have you used it? I was waiting for HBO On Demand to repeat the ones I missed, but so far I haven't seen it.

smile

Thanks

TIS

TIS It's not a download you only have to click on continue as a free user then it should load as dvd quality i'm sure the GBB users you trust will confirm this for you. Regardless it's a great show and would be good to have a thread on it.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/22/12 09:11 PM

Here's a link to ep 2
http://www.putlocker.com/file/87EADDAC0229E2E6

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/23/12 05:51 PM

Thanks Camarel, I save to my favorites and intend to catch up. According to the Emmy list, American Horror Story is listed as a mini-series which makes me wonder if there will be 2nd season. smile

First I'm gonna catch up and re-watch the last few episodes (or maybe season) of Walking Dead for their premier next month.

I saw the last 5/6 episodes of Hawaii Five O yesterday and forgot how much I forgot. It was a great finale. Can't wait til Monday to see what happened to Kono.

Anyway, I love that the show starts 5:00 here in CA. I won't have a problem staying awake.

smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/23/12 06:11 PM

Thanks Camarel, I save to my favorites and intend to catch up. According to the Emmy list, American Horror Story is listed as a mini-series which makes me wonder if there will be 2nd season. smile

First I'm gonna catch up and re-watch the last few episodes (or maybe season) of Walking Dead for their premier next month.

I saw the last 5/6 episodes of Hawaii Five O yesterday and forgot how much I forgot. It was a great finale. Can't wait til Monday to see what happened to Kono.

Anyway, I love that the show starts 5:00 here in CA. I won't have a problem staying awake.

smile

TIS

No problem btw there will be a 2nd season with different characters and a different plot though after you've watched the first season you'll understand why it's going to be set in an asylum this link tells you who the characters are.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/08/american-horror-story-season-2-meet-the-characters/

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/23/12 10:15 PM

TIS, I know that we love to also look at what everyone is wearing, so I found this link to a list of last year's best and worst dressed. Thought you might enjoy it.

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/award_shows/emmy_awards_2011_best_worst_dr.php

Meanwhile, Clinton Kelly recently put a Facebook photo of himself from the red carpet. He said it is literally 125 degrees there!

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/23/12 10:33 PM

Thanks SB, I always love looking at the gowns. When my daughters and I use to watch together, we'd all give our own commentary in the end we'd differ on who had the best dress. smile

It IS hot here in CA. I haven't seen the temps, but in my area it's been at or close to 100. I'm guessing L.A. is a little cooler but still hot. smile But 125??? Yet, I did just hear them say it was that on the Red Carpet. WOW!!

TIS
Posted By: olivant

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/23/12 11:17 PM

Why are you females so fascinated by that kind of stuff? The best dress? Madonne!

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/23/12 11:17 PM

They are interviewing Michael J. Fox on the Red Carpet. I guess he is nominated twice for guest appearances but I am not sure for what shows.

He sounds pretty good, God bless him.

smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/23/12 11:50 PM

I like fashion. My daughter, who is an art major at the famous Fashion Institute in Manhattan, hates it, so go figure! LOL I think good clothes are lovely to watch, the colors and fabrics, just gorgeous.

TIS, did you see Edie Falco's dress? Holy crap! Did she get work done? She looks amazing, and she is no spring chicken.
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/23/12 11:58 PM

They are interviewing Michael J. Fox on the Red Carpet. I guess he is nominated twice for guest appearances but I am not sure for what shows.

He sounds pretty good, God bless him.

smile

TIS

i think one is for the good wife. the other, no clue

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:02 AM

Who is the naked girl? lol

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:06 AM

TIS

i have no idea, she kind of looks like the woman in southland (which isn't nominated).

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:07 AM

Originally Posted By: BAM_233

TIS

i have no idea, she kind of looks like the woman in southland (which isn't nominated).

Kimmel is referring to her now. Her name is Lena something. She's a writer/actor/director. At least I think it's the same as the naked girl. lol

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:09 AM

TIS

Kimmel is referring to her now. Her name is Lena something. She's a writer/actor/director. At least I think it's the same as the naked girl. lol

TIS

i dont believe so. she was blonde in the segment.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:14 AM

why did the emmy's nominate three from the same show?

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:15 AM

Hmm Don't know then.

I don't watch Modern Family (first winner for supporting actor/comedy) Nearly every nominee was from that show. confused

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:18 AM

Modern Family wins all the time. YUK. I wanted the guy who plays Schmidt on New Girl to win. He's stolen that show.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:21 AM

Modern Family wins all the time. YUK. I wanted the guy who plays Schmidt on New Girl to win. He's stolen that show.

i figured modern family would go away like glee did when it won alot.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:23 AM

that still would be a great show

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:27 AM

How did the woman from Modern Family win over Mayim Bialik and Kathryn Joosten?

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:29 AM

Sounds like Modern Family will sweep the comedy section. Tho, I expect Jim Parsons (Big Bang Theory) should win best actor in comedy. Then again, who knows. confused

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:30 AM

Sounds like Modern Family will sweep the comedy section. Tho, I expect Jim Parsons (Big Bang Theory) should win best actor in comedy. Then again, who knows. confused

TIS

he more than likely will. no modern family star in best actor

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:33 AM

I can't believe Kathy Bates is presenting. Didn't she just have a double mastectomy?

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:34 AM

okay that was funny with hoffman

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:40 AM

Wow, Jon Cryer (Two & A Half Men). What a surprise but good for him. smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:40 AM

I can't believe Kathy Bates is presenting. Didn't she just have a double mastectomy?

Yes, she did and she looks great doesn't she?

smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:41 AM

Jon Cryer? Really? I really thought Jim Parsons had that sewn up.

Edit: Yes, she does, TIS. God bless her.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:44 AM

I've seen previews of Veep but haven't seen it.

(Btw, did you know the Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) is Jenny MCarthy's cousin?

smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:49 AM

well here is the mostly pointless tv part

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:51 AM

If you're speaking Reality TV I totally agree rolleyes (with perhaps one or two exceptions only IMHO)

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:53 AM

There are certain reality programs I do like, the competition kind, but overall not so much. I really wish there were less of them, though.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:53 AM

If you're speaking Reality TV I totally agree rolleyes (with perhaps one or two exceptions only IMHO)

TIS

yea, the voice/america's got talent/x-factor is okay. everything else...yea its overdone.

by the way tom hanks is in the crowd. did he do something that is nominated?

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:55 AM

Off topic but speaking reality shows, has anyone ever heard of "Honey Boo Boo." OMG uhwhat I only hear them making fun of it on the radio every morning. They play some clips of the show and they all sound like idiots.

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:58 AM

I watch that channel occasionally to see What Not To Wear, and have seen the ads. That show is everything that is wrong with America. I thought television had hit a new low with The Jersey Shore, but that trashy thing is UNDER the barrel.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:01 AM

Off topic but speaking reality shows, has anyone ever heard of "Honey Boo Boo." OMG uhwhat I only hear them making fun of it on the radio every morning. They play some clips of the show and they all sound like idiots.

TIS

yea i heard of it, its probably the new lowest form of reality. another thing, i dont like little kid pageant show's. just reminds me of jonbenet ramsey.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:02 AM

Now they are doing drama, my favorite category.

smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:04 AM

TIS

yea i heard of it, its probably the new lowest form of reality. another thing, i dont like little kid pageant show's. just reminds me of jonbenet ramsey.

Oh yea, I don't either. I was under the impression that this is how Honey Boo Boo started and ended up with her own show. I didn't think it could get lower than Jersey Shore. rolleyes

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:08 AM

Is that Kevin Costner in Hatfields & McCoys? confused I didn't realize he was in a series.

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:08 AM

it's kind of sad that only buscemi get's nominated from boardwalk. i would have thought pitt, macdonald, or hell huston could easily win.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:10 AM

Is that Kevin Costner in Hatfields & McCoys? confused I didn't realize he was in a series.

TIS

yup, he is back which is really great.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:12 AM

Julianne Moore is up for HBOs "Game Change". If they show a clip you'll be amazed at how she nailed Palin. wink Ed Harris also played McCain and did a great job. I think he's nominated too.

Also in the same category is Ashley Judd who was in Missing (mini-series) which I really enjoyed.

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:15 AM

Julianne Moore is up for HBOs "Game Change". If they show a clip you'll be amazed at how she nailed Palin. wink Ed Harris also played McCain and did a great job. I think he's nominated too.

Also in the same category is Ashley Judd who was in Missing (mini-series) which I really enjoyed.

TIS

i need to check that out when it is released on dvd

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:18 AM

Hatfields was a miniseries. I DVR'd it and still haven't watched it. LOL

Can I just say that Jimmy Kimmel is just stupid as a host? Poor Tracy Morgan is still on the floor. I flove Archie Panjabi in Good Wife. Sorry she lost.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:25 AM

i wish that fox would of win a award.

by the way, great for tim van pattan that he won.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:27 AM

I don't think this memorium is funny either. rolleyes

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:29 AM

I don't think this memorium is funny either. rolleyes

TIS

yea, that was really bad.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:30 AM

I don't believe he'll be asked back, that's for sure. Jimmy Fallon was MUCH funnier when he did it.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:32 AM

I don't believe he'll be asked back, that's for sure. Jimmy Fallon was MUCH funnier when he did it.

I never really have watched his show other than maybe clips.

Fallon, on the other hand (tho I never watched his show other than clips) cracks me up with all his great impersonations. I'd love to see him host. smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:32 AM

it sucks, because kimmel is funny. i guess he can't host a show. by the way did they announce who is hosting the golden globes/oscars yet?

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:33 AM

I haven't heard. What month or time of year are the Golden Globes anyway? confused

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:34 AM

Not sure if he was last year or the year before. He did a musical number to open with the stars of different shows, very good.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:35 AM

I haven't heard. What month or time of year are the Golden Globes anyway? confused

TIS

january

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:36 AM

Do you guys watch Mad Men?

smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:38 AM

Do you guys watch Mad Men?

smile

TIS

it always interested me, and want to get the dvds. but, i have a lot of other shows i need to watch/get

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:45 AM

Same here. I always WANT to watch it, but haven't. And I love Elisabeth Moss, too!

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:48 AM

just saying, i believe that neil patrick harris should host every single awards show.

anyways though the ron howard paying tribute should be really really good

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:50 AM

Oh boy, Ricky Gervais! rolleyes

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:52 AM

Neil Patrick Harris is absolutely amazing! I'm with you, BAM

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:54 AM

I think Neil is hilarious too. He's a great host.

smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:55 AM

I love Daily Show, Colbert, Fallon. Oh and Bill Maher too. SNL Man, what a hard choice.

Emmy goes to: Daily Show Jon Stewart. Yea!!!! clap

smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:57 AM

did they say ten years straight?! or misheard it?

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:58 AM

No, I don't think so. He's up for an emmy several times but I don't think he's won more than a couple times.
smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 01:59 AM

No, I don't think so. He's up for an emmy several times but I don't think he's won more than a couple times.
smile

TIS

i was going to say. and, wow she does look like sara palin...or tina fey as sara palin

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:01 AM

Jon Stewart is so freaking great. I love his show, and don't watch it often enough. I know he's won a bunch of times, but not sure how many.

Edit: I think this is the 10th. I just googled it and last year it said it was his 9th consecutive.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:06 AM

Jon Stewart is so freaking great. I love his show, and don't watch it often enough. I know he's won a bunch of times, but not sure how many.

Edit: I think this is the 10th. I just googled it and last year it said it was his 9th consecutive.

Really. Of winning or being nominated? Still great. I love Jon too.

smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:07 AM

I saw the very first episode of American Horror Story and really got into it. I can't wait to see the rest.

smile

TIS

Edit: Jessica looks great too.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:09 AM

fun fact jessica lange will be in the big valley movie

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:09 AM

OK, I am officially a horrible person, but I couldn't help but notice the difference between the tight skin on Jessica Lange's face and the loose skin on her arms. Face lift much??

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:11 AM

OK, I am officially a horrible person, but I couldn't help but notice the difference between the tight skin on Jessica Lange's face and the loose skin on her arms. Face lift much??

Ha ha ha, hence why she looked good I guess. lol She forgot to get her arms done. lol I didn't notice but yea, I am sure she got work done. She's gotta be in her 60s or more.

Btw, I did like her gown

TIS

I think Ellen is funny too.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:12 AM

Ha ha ha, hence why she looked good I guess. lol She forgot to get her arms done. lol I didn't notice but yea, I am sure she got work done. She's gotta be in her 60s or more.

Btw, I did like her gown

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:13 AM

Btw, I did like her gown

Yes, but perhaps sleeveless wasn't the best way to go. whistle

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:15 AM

Btw, I did like her gown

Yes, but perhaps sleeveless wasn't the best way to go. whistle

Ha ha ha! lol Really, you'd think she might have considered that. I mean a movie star going on stage.

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:17 AM

Awww Little Opie! smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:19 AM

Did Sheldon get anything?

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant

No Oli. I think it went to someone in the cast of "Modern Family" tho can't remember who. I was rooting for him too.

smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant

No Oli. I think it went to someone in the cast of "Modern Family" tho can't remember who. I was rooting for him too.

smile

TIS

it was john cryer that won it

and, that was a good 'in memoriam'

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:27 AM

That was a nice tribute by Ron Howard. All those faces! I didn't realize that both of the actors from Kotter died this past year.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:28 AM

Yes it was a good memoriam. I didn't notice anyone that was missed.

smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:29 AM

Julianne Moore. Great, I really think she deserved it.

smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:29 AM

Yes, but WTF was she thinking with that dress???

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:30 AM

Yes it was a good memoriam. I didn't notice anyone that was missed.

smile

TIS

yea i cant think of anybody that might have been left out

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:31 AM

Yes, but WTF was she thinking with that dress???

SB,

I thought I added that in my post. I said the same. I don't like it at all. When she came in on the red carpet people were saying how gorgeous it was but yuk. Not my taste.

LOL Listen to us. So easy to judge as we sit behind the computer. lol

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:33 AM

Bam,

What's your opinion of Julianne Moore's dress? tongue

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:35 AM

Bam,

TIS

at least she wore long sleeves lol

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:37 AM

Bam,

TIS

at least she wore long sleeves lol

Ha ha ha Good point. lol

Yet, Julianne is considerably younger than Lange.

I see Game Change won director.

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:38 AM

It was the color of a PostIt! Or a highlighter. lol

thats great, costner won!

Hooray Kevin Costner! He still looks pretty hot.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:39 AM

Yep, I agree. Good for Costner.

smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:46 AM

Wow, Game Change is doing pretty well.

smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:48 AM

i guess hanks will be another great producer

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:48 AM

Homeland gets best drama. I have never seen the show so can't really comment.

smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:50 AM

smile

TIS

yea, i wonder if this show is really that good. i mean it went over a lot of shows that could have won. mad men, boardwalk, game of thrones to name a few

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:50 AM

Same here. Wow, Mandy Patinkin should lose the beard. He looks 112. Claire Danes looks beautiful.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:57 AM

Modern Family best comedy. Why am I not surprised. LOL

smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:57 AM

YUK. How has Big Bang Theory not won Best Comedy? It's been on so many years and it's still so hilarious! Oh, well.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:58 AM

Good night, all. It was fun watching with you.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:59 AM

Modern Family best comedy. Why am I not surprised. LOL

smile

TIS

yea, and i dont see another comedy show to take them off the stage for next years show

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 03:04 AM

Good night, all. It was fun watching with you.

Good night SB & Bam, my Red Carpet buddies. smile It's been fun.

smile

TIS

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 03:07 AM

Hooray Kevin Costner! He still looks pretty hot.

Is that all you women ever think about? We men want to be appreciated for our minds ... for our abilities. Sure, we'll have sex with you at the drop a hat, but even that takes skill.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 12:47 PM

smile

TIS

yea, i wonder if this show is really that good. i mean it went over a lot of shows that could have won. mad men, boardwalk, game of thrones to name a few

Homeland deserved it. I said it at Golden Globes, and saying it again. The best of the bunch by a mile. No contest.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 02:18 PM

Gotta be killing Charlie Sheen that Jon Cryer won in the LEAD category this year.

That's Sheen's old category, by the way. And he has never won grin.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 03:18 PM

Not too many comedy shows I regularly watch, but I'm one of the few that actually doesn't mind the NEW Two & A Half Men with Ashton Kutcher. It does get a little raunchy at times tho, but it did with Charley Sheen as well. So does Two Broke Girls, but it is also funny.

smile

TIS
Posted By: Lilo

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/24/12 10:50 PM

A slightly different take on this year's Emmys whistle

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/25/12 01:10 AM

It WAS boring. There were awards that definitely should have gone to other actors. Why give it to Modern Family and its stars AGAIN, when shows like Big Bang and New Girl have never won? And I love Jon Stewart, but 10 years in a ROW? Nobody else has been as funny?

And I was gratified to see that the entertainment reporters all put Julianne Moore on their "worst" list. Sorry, Oli, when it comes to shows like this, the shallow is what's on parade! What else do you expect?? Plus, ABC made a big deal about having my BFF Clinton Kelly for their red carpet commentary, and then used him for like 30 seconds. WTF?

And the naked girl eating cake was just weird.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/25/12 01:38 AM

It WAS boring. There were awards that definitely should have gone to other actors. Why give it to Modern Family and its stars AGAIN, when shows like Big Bang and New Girl have never won? And I love Jon Stewart, but 10 years in a ROW? Nobody else has been as funny?

And I was gratified to see that the entertainment reporters all put Julianne Moore on their "worst" list. Sorry, Oli, when it comes to shows like this, the shallow is what's on parade! What else do you expect?? Plus, ABC made a big deal about having my BFF Clinton Kelly for their red carpet commentary, and then used him for like 30 seconds. WTF?

And the naked girl eating cake was just weird.

i do agree with this. by far the most boring of all award shows this past year (okay idk if this is suppose to be the beginning or end of the 'award season'). it might have helped a little if they had fallon or somebody else as host. also, yea i was tired of modern family...after the first award they won!

yea, they should have just had that girl dressed up as lohan to make more sense or at least be funny.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/25/12 05:39 AM

Why give it to Modern Family and its stars AGAIN, when shows like Big Bang and New Girl have never won? And I love Jon Stewart, but 10 years in a ROW? Nobody else has been as funny?

New Girl is funny? grin I watched a couple of episodes and didn't care much for it, the same goes for Big Bang Theory. Love Modern Family though. But my favorite comedy show is Community that didn't get any nomination. Not sure why, it's the best. grin

Isn't it the 12th straight win for Jon Stewart? According to the last bit on this article?
Link

PS: I think it's about issues. Colbert is far more funny, but he imitates a republican and is politically incorrect, so that is a no-no. Like Community, or any other show that's not loaded with liberal mindset. Look at a liberal, taking a stand on liberal media. lol

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/25/12 04:34 PM

I think Modern Family is a love or hate it kind of show. My brother and SIL think it's hilarious. I tried it and barely cracked a smile. But I love New Girl and Big Bang. I admire any show like Big Bang that can still make it's audience laugh after all these years.

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/25/12 04:43 PM

I can't stand "Modern Family" either, Babe. I must be the only straight middle-aged man in America who doesn't like Sofia Vergara. In my opinion, she's a very well paid, modern day Charo. And every bit as annoying.
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/25/12 04:48 PM

PB her accent does my head in!!! I know she can't help it but still...

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/25/12 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
PB her accent does my head in!!! I know she can't help it but still...

Yeah, I'd have to stuff a sock in her mouth. It almost wouldn't be worth it. Almost whistle.
Posted By: Lilo

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/25/12 10:57 PM

I can't stand "Modern Family" either, Babe. I must be the only straight middle-aged man in America who doesn't like Sofia Vergara. In my opinion, she's a very well paid, modern day Charo. And every bit as annoying.

You say that like it's a bad thing. lol smile I do admit there are certain similarities. whistle

Re: 2012 Emmys - 09/26/12 06:36 AM

Well, the thing that puts; me off about Big Bang is those laughs. Is it recorded? Live studio audience? I don't think so, people laugh, regardless of what they say, which isn't funny to me most of the times. ohwell To each his own.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET