Starts July 15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmmMFSbh7r8
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 07/05/12 07:52 PM

Can't wait!!

Too bad it's the last season ohwell
Posted By: Nova24

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 07/10/12 03:01 PM

Breaking Bad and Mad Men; the two best shows on TV right now.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 07/10/12 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Nova24

To each his own but I'd have to go with Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and Dexter before Mad Men.

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 07/11/12 06:59 AM

Fair enough.

I can't help but wonder how the show is going to end.
Posted By: Chopper2012

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 07/12/12 01:58 PM

Don't know what to think of a fifth season. After season 4, I felt that a great series had come to an end, that the tale had been told.

Too often shows go on for too long, case in point: about every show ever.

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 07/16/12 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Chopper2012
Don't know what to think of a fifth season. After season 4, I felt that a great series had come to an end, that the tale had been told.

Too often shows go on for too long, case in point: about every show ever.

I agree that TV series often go on too long. But Breaking Bad isn't there yet. Maybe I'd be concerned if this wasn't the last season but there's still plenty to tell. The chickens have to come home to roost somehow, Hank finally finding out about Walt, etc.

As for the first episode,that magnet scene was beyond cool. Skyler is still a nagging pain in the ass though.

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 07/19/12 01:51 PM

Very nice start to the season. Tied up a lot of the loose ends from Season 4.

The opening scene was very interesting. I wonder what happens with that.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 07/20/12 02:55 PM

Can't wait to see why Walt needs a Rambo weapon. (M60)

Originally Posted By: Nova24

Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 07/21/12 07:44 PM

i had my buddy over the other day and he asked me if i had seen the new breaking bad. i thought he was bullshitting me as im usaully the one to inform him about upcoming shows but i missed this one. it was a nice surprise to be able to watch it that night. between this and walking dead amc has the best two shows on tv by far. this will definatly hold me over until october. anybody know when the new season on SOA starts as thats a great show as well.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 07/23/12 06:00 PM

what did you guys think of last nights episode? not as good as the season opener but thats usually not the case for most shows. pretty solid though and has me ready for next week. gotta say mike is a badass though!

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 07/23/12 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
what did you guys think of last nights episode? not as good as the season opener but thats usually not the case for most shows. pretty solid though and has me ready for next week. gotta say mike is a badass though!

Just curious where it's all going to lead more than anything. It's sort of like they're back to square one. Sort of like the series has come full circle. But, since this is the last season, big things obviously have to happen. They don't have a lot of time to just tread water.
Posted By: jace

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 08/23/12 05:30 AM

I like Breaking Bad, have missed the last few episodes. I Saw first of season. Is show over after next three episodes, or is there another season ?
Posted By: PolishPrince

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 08/29/12 09:14 PM

AMC is splitting it up between these 8 episodes and 8 more next year.
Posted By: AmericanCrime

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 08/30/12 03:52 AM

Yeah I really hate how they've been doing that
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 09/14/12 03:32 PM

mr white asks for help to the Aryan Brotherhood for kill the 10 members of the Fring's organization , which would have spoken when the money will finish.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 10/12/12 10:30 AM

Never seen this show but have heard great things about it!!
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 10/24/12 10:52 PM

I've just brought the box-set for season 1,2,3 looking forward to watching having never watched before.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 10/24/12 11:06 PM

You read my mind, DeNiro, I was just getting ready to bump this thread back up!

My dad and I watched this series straight through, and we finished the last episode (of those aired so far) last night. I now have to wait impatiently until next summer to see the final eight... torture!

I truly can't express just how incredible BREAKING BAD is, and I can only hope that anyone considering checking it out will do so because you'll have zero regrets about giving it that chance. The first episode is fantastic, and then it gets better... and better.

You'll find yourself experiencing a huge range of emotions and feelings for each and every character, and it's really a wild ride as part of the audience to see the progression of the plot. It might sound weird to say since it's "just television," but I'm so glad that this show is a part of my life. To think that "Hal" on MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE has captured so many minds and hearts with such an extraordinary character is still mind-boggling to me.
Posted By: B_A_

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 11/24/12 01:03 AM

I just don't like the title of this thread. Breaking Bad is great, up there with the best.
The walking dead is mediocre at best.
I stopped watching after season two, I must admit. Well, to be honest, watching season two made me happy I had a tablet, so I could do some other things while watching.
I am relatively old now, forty something, but I still seem to have trouble to relate to people with different tastes who watch shows like The walking dead or Sons of anarchy while they could be watching The wire, Deadwood, Breaking bad, Six feet under or even Homeland
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 11/24/12 07:53 PM

I've to second B_A_. I stopped watching "The Walking Dead" within the first few minutes. But Breaking Bad is awesome.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 11/24/12 10:05 PM

Well, I can't speak for Breaking Bad cause I haven't seen it (tho I hear it is good). BUT, I totally disagree with those who don't like Walking Dead. It is quickly becoming my favorite tv show. The writing is excellent, the acting is as well and whoever the writers are deserve a big kudos. A couple episodes ago seemed like a season finale but we got more. How cool is that. So, at least at this point, I love the show. smile

Won't disrupt the this thread further, but just wanted to voice my two cents for what it's worth to praise a show I really do enjoy. I'll try to catch BB too when I get a chance.

TIS
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 11/24/12 10:09 PM

I agree with TIS, Walking Dead is a very top notch show. It only gets better as the show goes on. I watch both shows, and have to say that Walking Dead has better episodes more consistently than Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad did have a stretch where things where moving at a slow pace.

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 11/27/12 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Well, I can't speak for Breaking Bad cause I haven't seen it (tho I hear it is good). BUT, I totally disagree with those who don't like Walking Dead.
Okay TIS, let's make a deal: I watch Walking Dead if you watch Breaking Bad! wink I've heard many people rave about how great WD is, but I'm so in love with BB that I worry anything else will be a letdown. Not sure if I can get into the zombie theme that everyone seems to talk about these days - but maybe that particular interest isn't necessary to enjoy the show?

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 11/27/12 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: ginaitaliangirl
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Well, I can't speak for Breaking Bad cause I haven't seen it (tho I hear it is good). BUT, I totally disagree with those who don't like Walking Dead.
Okay TIS, let's make a deal: I watch Walking Dead if you watch Breaking Bad! wink I've heard many people rave about how great WD is, but I'm so in love with BB that I worry anything else will be a letdown. Not sure if I can get into the zombie theme that everyone seems to talk about these days - but maybe that particular interest isn't necessary to enjoy the show?

Hey Gina,

I'll see what I can do. The thing is, I really hate tuning in the middle of a series that's been on for several years (a lot of catch-up). What day is it on (maybe it's on opposite another show I watch)? AND, what is the main theme of the show (I don't even know). confused

As far as WD goes, I would say to you, since the "Zombie" theme doesn't interest you than maybe it would not be for you. Some people just aren't into these kinds of films. I AM in this particular show. Thus far, it is well-written, suspenseful, and has good acting. Whether or not it can continue at this level, we'll see, but so far I'm lovin' it. smile

TIS
Posted By: Lilo

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 11/28/12 02:18 AM

Breaking Bad is an excellent show. That is all. smile

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 11/28/12 03:27 AM

TIS, I was just teasing, you don't have to watch it! lol But it really is an amazing show. It stars the dad from "Malcolm in the Middle" (Bryan Cranston) as a drastically different kind of character: he's a "good guy" chemistry teacher who finds out he has cancer and turns to the crystal meth industry as a way to deal with it... the whole cast is fantastic, there's no way not to feel strongly emotional about each one of them, and it changes throughout the series. There are a lot of moral issues that come up, which I think is a big part of why it's so great - because of the way they present these ideas and how they have the characters deal with them. Or to say it simply, Lilo knows what he's talking about. grin

And it comes on AMC, same as Walking Dead! There is a lot to catch up on, but well worth it; I started it as a new viewer just a couple of months ago and went through it that quickly. And the conclusion of the whole series, the last eight episodes, don't air until next summer!

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 11/28/12 03:42 AM

Gina,

It does sound pretty good. It's funny cause I watch Walking Dead & Mad Men but couldn't recall what channel Breaking Bad was on. lol I'll check "On Demand" and if it's on I'll watch (probably during the weekend). Is it a series that must be seen from season 1 or, if I find the current season and watch that will I be able to follow? How many season btw?

TIS

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 11/28/12 04:13 AM

If you're on AMC for those shows, you may have already seen Breaking Bad! wink

It's halfway through the fifth season right now, and I'd absolutely recommend watching from the beginning. I'm a stickler for that on any show (to perhaps an annoying degree lol ) but this one really is an unraveling puzzle of a story that I think is made to be watched in order so that you catch all the important plot shifts and character relationships.

If it's not on On Demand, seasons 1-4 are on Netflix - and if you don't have that, I can link you to some sites where it's streaming... though not necessarily through legal means. whistle
Posted By: XDCX

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 11/30/12 10:15 PM

I haven't commented on this thread, but for the record, BREAKING BAD is probably the best show on television today, and for my money, the best series of the last 10 years. Great writing, incredible performances, supremely entertaining. And I agree with Gina, you MUST watch it from the beginning, because seeing Walt's transformation from the first season til now is pretty incredible.

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 12/16/12 06:24 AM

Not sure if it was a spoof on Breaking Bad, or Downton Abbey, but the actors of Downton made a breaking bad short video for The Colbert Report. I'm sure Gina knows what I'm talking about. lol

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 12/16/12 07:53 AM

XDC, Walt's transition is mesmerizing, isn't it? Found a great photo which demonstrates how he changed over the series. It doesn't reveal much, but I'm gonna post it as a spoiler because I'd hate to give away any details to those still watching!
Click to reveal..
Walt's reaction to having a gun pointed at him, from season to season...

Afs, you know me far too well! lol I didn't realize those actors were from the Downton Abbey show since I don't watch that one, but it was funny regardless getting to see a prim and proper Walt as a tea kingpin. grin

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 12/16/12 08:12 AM

Afs, you know me far too well! lol I didn't realize those actors were from the Downton Abbey show since I don't watch that one, but it was funny regardless getting to see a prim and proper Walt as a tea kingpin. grin

Well, I'm guilty of watching that bloody(!) show as well. lol And since all of them are Brits, I was really surprised how Colbert had arranged for all that. But he is the sort of guy you don't say no to. grin Anyway, I instantly was thinking of you when I watched that, since you are a fan of both, just as I am. grin

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 12/16/12 08:31 AM

It seems we both have excellent taste! lol Really, I love a good dose of Jon and Stephen, and like you said, it's incredible the things Colbert puts together. I watched his last episode before their Christmas break (can't remember if it was the one with this parody clip), and he had a beautiful musical performance, along with those over-the-top set decorations... he makes every show into such an event!

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 12/16/12 09:04 AM

Yes, we do! lol grin The parody was on his last show this year. I loved his Christmas week, he sang on first three nights, which was very special. Also LOVED his Hobbit week. He is such a pleasure to watch. smile

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 12/16/12 10:11 PM

I don't even follow the Tolkien stories, and yet Hobbit week cracked me up! And oh yes, his singing specials are always such fun. He's a true entertainer!

Re: But before Walking Dead..Breaking Bad - 12/17/12 06:13 AM

I don't even follow the Tolkien stories, and yet Hobbit week cracked me up!

Same here. grin lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET