Home

2012 American Idol

Posted By: J Geoff

2012 American Idol - 11/24/11 06:13 AM

It's starting in like 7-8 weeks! eek

'Idol' producer: No major changes for new season
Quote:
By CHARLES J. GANS | AP – 7 hrs ago

NEW YORK (AP) — "American Idol" executive producer Nigel Lythgoe says don't expect any major changes when the hit Fox TV show returns in January after undergoing an extensive makeover last season.

Lythgoe, who helped transform Britain's "Pop Idol" into the American TV juggernaut in 2002, returned as executive producer last season to usher in the post-Simon Cowell era. That ended a two-year hiatus that allowed him to focus on "So You Think You Can Dance," which he produces and helps judge.

For the 10th "American Idol" season, Lythgoe introduced new judges, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler, to join holdover Randy Jackson. Veteran music producer Jimmy Iovine, chairman of Interscope-Geffen-A&M, was brought in as an in-house mentor for the contestants. All of them are back for Season 11, Lythgoe said.

"I think we made a lot of tweaks last year," Lythgoe said. "I'm not sure that we want to make too many more tweaks this year."
Lythgoe said the most significant change introduced last year had nothing to do with the judges: It was a decision to avoid those fish-out-of-water moments that forced very talented singers to sing in styles that didn't suit them.

"The biggest change we made last year was to say, 'OK, if you're a country singer you can sing any of these genres in your country style,'" Lythgoe said. "'We're not going to force you to do rock or anything you can't do. You can take a Michael Jackson song and turn it country.'"

That resulted in singers such as Casey Abrams and Haley Reinhart advancing much deeper into the competition than they might have in previous years. The two teenage finalists, Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina, were country singers.

McCreery, the first pure country "Idol" winner since Carrie Underwood in 2005, saw his October release, "Clear As Day," make him the first country act to debut at No. 1 with its first studio album on the Billboard 200 chart. And at 18, he became the youngest man to open at the top of the chart with his debut release. He also was the first "Idol" winner to start his post-"Idol" career with a No. 1 album since Ruben Studdard in 2003.

Lythgoe said last year the show found "some incredible talent, and it was so diverse."

"We got this great jazz singer in Casey, we got a soft jazz singer in Haley, and the two country kids (in the finals) probably in previous years wouldn't have been as successful because they would have been asked to sing in the different styles that we used to do then," he said last week.

Lythgoe expects similar results in Season 11.

"The kids that have auditioned this year that we're going to be taking to Hollywood in December are again really talented and really diverse," he said. "Hopefully they'll get through one of the toughest auditions, which is the Hollywood week, and get themselves into the top 20."

Lythgoe said he believes "Idol" should be "totally about the talent" and the recent changes foster that.

"For me," he said, "it's really showing the talent that is here and not trying to take somebody who's talented, beat them around the bucket and turn them out."
___
Online:
http://www.americanidol.com

Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: 2012 American Idol - 11/24/11 05:23 PM

Is this not the same concept as X factor?

Re: 2012 American Idol - 11/24/11 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
Is this not the same concept as X factor?

Pretty close. "Unlike Idol, where contestants are solely judged by the judges, on The X Factor each judge mentors the finalists in a particular category, aiding them with song selection and styling, while also participating together in judging the contestants of the other categories."

American Idol is based on the old British Pop Idol (2001-2003, which was later replaced with X-Factor (UK) there in 2004). We have both X-Factor (USA) and Idol going here...
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: 2012 American Idol - 11/26/11 12:10 PM

Yes, the X-Factor killed off Pop Idol and now minus Mr. Cowell, that is going down the pan as well. Soon all we will have left will be Big Brother and I'm A Celebrity....Get Me Out of Here!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: 2012 American Idol - 11/26/11 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Yes, the X-Factor killed off Pop Idol and now minus Mr. Cowell, that is going down the pan as well. Soon all we will have left will be Big Brother and I'm A Celebrity....Get Me Out of Here!!!!!!!!!

i doubt britian x-factor will be cancelled...actually does anything in britian get cancelled?
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: 2012 American Idol - 11/27/11 09:27 AM

Originally Posted By: BAM_233
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

i doubt britian x-factor will be cancelled...actually does anything in britian get cancelled?

Trains and sunshine!!

Re: 2012 American Idol - 01/20/12 06:43 PM

Week 1 auditions showed some pretty decent talent this year. They were very light on the "bad" auditions, though, which usually are pretty fun.

Remember, episode 3 airs Sunday after the football game.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: 2012 American Idol - 01/20/12 11:21 PM

We've been tuning in. They seem to have a great deal of talent, don't they? I enjoy the bad auditions, but I'm glad they are keeping them to a minimum. They're fun in small doses.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: 2012 American Idol - 01/21/12 01:01 AM

My niece auditoned in Pittsburgh but didn't make it. She was really upset about it. cry
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/16/12 02:28 PM

I watched an hour of it last night. Seems like some good talent. Those girls passing out!? Makes for good TV...not. On to Las Vegas.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/16/12 02:59 PM

Hey Mig, sorry your niece didn't make it. Did she give any insight on the audition process?

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/16/12 08:18 PM

I wanted to throw something at the TV last night! Get them some Saltines and Orange Juice. That's all they needed. That and a kick in the butt. And I'm sorry that the first girl who fainted didn't make it, because she seemed to be talented, but am glad we're spared more of her father on TV. Someone should introduce him to David Archuleta's dad.

I LOVE Heejun, the kid who hated being in group with the cowboy. He was freaking hilarious! "I'm sorry I talked craps about you...", but he still refused to shake the guys hand.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/16/12 08:34 PM

I haven't really been watching this season. In between the whine-y contestants and the judges' complete inability to give ANY meaningful criticism...to me, the show has become too happy. Seriously, there have been some horrible singers that have made it through that would have NEVER made it through had Simon still been judging. I'm not saying that the judges need to go into total "dick mode" and tear some of these bad singers apart, but they certainly haven't been as selective as they once were.

I prefer THE VOICE anyway. tongue

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/16/12 08:42 PM

We just started watching The Voice this season, and some of the contestants just blew me away.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/17/12 10:35 PM

the voice is by far better than american idol now, x factor is second. a couple things i hated the most about american idol is the stupid groups (what's the point besides causing drama) and every week they do a specific genre or singer (chances are they will do a whitney houston week).

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/18/12 04:46 AM

Well, "those stupid groups" allow more contestants a chance to make it, as well as appear on TV. We have no idea how the Top 100-200 are whittled down on The Voice or X-Factor -- probably just the choice of the producers.

But it's funny how every year Randy says this year has the best talent yet -- and he might be right about that.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/18/12 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Well, "those stupid groups" allow more contestants a chance to make it, as well as appear on TV. We have no idea how the Top 100-200 are whittled down on The Voice or X-Factor -- probably just the choice of the producers.

But it's funny how every year Randy says this year has the best talent yet -- and he might be right about that.

The Voice does whittle down by giving those who actually have talent a ticket to try out in front of the judges. and, geoff what about that stupid sudden rule change about the groups having a mix of day 1 and day 2 contestants? that was stupid.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/18/12 11:00 PM

I would like to know how they decide who goes through to the judges on American Idol. My daughter said that Amber Riley from "Glee" tried out for AI a few years ago and was dismissed by the screeners. She never made it to the judges. Now, Amber Riley can SING, so I wonder why she was rejected?

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/19/12 05:06 AM

Originally Posted By: BAM_233
what about that stupid sudden rule change about the groups having a mix of day 1 and day 2 contestants? that was stupid.

It's not stupid at all (nor do I think it started this year), because Day 1 contestants forming groups would have an extra day to prepare, giving them an unfair advantage.

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
My daughter said that Amber Riley from "Glee" tried out for AI a few years ago and was dismissed by the screeners. She never made it to the judges. Now, Amber Riley can SING, so I wonder why she was rejected?

I'm curious about that process myself. I asked Mig about it (her niece auditioned but wasn't chosen), but didn't hear back. Amber is one of the best young singers I know -- but who knows what criteria they use or what they're "looking for". But she's better off on Glee, probably, anyway!

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/20/12 02:18 AM

Oh you naive people. Don't you know by now that the public and all those phone calls have little to do with the outcome? The producers select everyone. Talent is a factor, but hey, let's face it, hundreds of people have talent, but are they marketable? That is the deciding factor. Are they marketable? Can the producers make money? I only watch Idol and yes there have been duds in the past, but you're still watching the show and sponsors are still buying air time. I repeat, SPONSORS ARE SILL BUYING AIR TIME. End of discussion.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/20/12 05:42 AM

If it was an absolute known fact, then the sponsors probably wouldn't still buy air time. But hey, they buy airtime for the worst programs on TV as well. And they buy airtime for AI's competition as well. They buy airtime whether people watch or not, only the price of the spot changes. No sponsor wants to be involved with a farce, so I'm not buying it (tho I wouldn't be 100% shocked, either).
Posted By: Frosty

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/20/12 06:11 AM

American Idol's !

Are each and everyone of us ! That go out and do the best we can for the day , put food on our tables , take care of our family , and fight idiots ! The military, cops, firefighters, and , those who stand up for the weak ! Nurses, Doctor's , PA's , all Health Professionals! Truck Drivers, cab drivers, Journalist's ! And who are hero's , Idols, Ole folks that have worked all there lifes, for what we have and kids dieing from cancer before they even got to kick ass ! Those to me are American Idol's , the rest don't cut snot ! (Spit) tongue

Tell me if I am and wrong and then why ? confused!

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/20/12 06:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Frosty
Tell me if I am and wrong and then why ? confused!

You're right. But this thread isn't about all that; it's about the TV show.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/20/12 12:39 PM

If it was an absolute known fact, then the sponsors probably wouldn't still buy air time. But hey, they buy airtime for the worst programs on TV as well. And they buy airtime for AI's competition as well. They buy airtime whether people watch or not, only the price of the spot changes. No sponsor wants to be involved with a farce, so I'm not buying it (tho I wouldn't be 100% shocked, either).

I just like to stir the pot. My wife and daughter get their hackles up when I say this stuff. Especially when I tell them that their phone-in votes are really NOT tabulated. lol
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/25/12 06:48 PM

‘Bang’ beats ‘Idol’

NY Post

The geeks really have inherited the earth.

After weeks of being on the verge of beating “American Idol’s” once-behemoth ratings, “The Big Bang Theory” has officially come out on top.

The CBS comedy grabbed 16.1 million viewers — that’s 700,000 more than watched Fox’s singing competition show on Thursday, according to Nielsen overnight ratings.

This marks the first time a series has bested “Idol” in a head-to-head battle since “Grey’s Anatomy” pulled it off in 2007.

Despite “Idol” judge Steven Tyler’s stripping act, Thursday’s show was the least-watched episode of “Idol” since its 2002 premiere, according to reports.

The half-hour “Big Bang” starring Jim Parsons has been consistently tying or coming in as a close second to “Idol” since the two shows started airing opposite each other earlier this year.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/bang_beats_idol_NvxAA3heOlkDUhkx1NNBHI#ixzz1nQ9fuAlR
Posted By: venzuiella

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/28/12 10:03 AM

The great talent and reality show that employed all the best and nice competitors in it , also they are doing very well to prove them , i really appreciate their zeal to better among the expectations always.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/29/12 06:23 AM

The talent this year (at least for the boys) is incredible... I cannot see HALF of them going -- not fair!

They won't, but, if all the girls suck -- half of them still stay while half the boys leave? Not right.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/29/12 06:32 PM

That's why I hate the idea of Top 24 being divided the way it is. It should be the 24 most talented, not 12 girls and 12 boys (although they did make it 13).

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/29/12 06:36 PM

And #13 wasn't exactly who I was expecting, either.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/29/12 08:15 PM

I got through the first 45 minutes of last night's episode and had to change the channel. I was literally bored to tears. The first guy's jazz rendition of "Moves Like Jagger" was different, but different doesn't necessarily mean good in this case. The rest that I did see all had talent, but the show itself is just boring! I hate to be "that guy", especially when I've been a fan of this show for so long, but in my most humble of opinions, I think American Idol has run its course.

That doesn't mean it's going away anytime soon, though.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 02/29/12 09:56 PM

And #13 wasn't exactly who I was expecting, either.

I was hoping for Johnny Keyser, the guy who was a waiter. His audition was so promising.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/02/12 06:55 AM

While I think it still should be the Top 12 (bringing back that baritone was a bizarre bust, IMHO), I think they mostly got the Top 13 right.

Looks like next week I gotta start taking notes again, so stay tuned.... wink

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/02/12 06:36 PM

idk why, but i just can't get interested in american idol this year. also to, how do you think the girls will do with whitney houston songs?

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/02/12 09:01 PM

For the past 10 years the judges kept telling the contestants it'd be rough trying to cover songs by difficult superstars like Stevie and Mariah, etc, but next week is just that. Should be interesting....

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/02/12 10:43 PM

Take note, the diversity of the contestants is manipulated. They try to cover all styles, genres, ethnicities, etc. to bring in a wide audience, which attracts sponsors of all different products that will pander to different demographics. It's just a money game, so phone in your vote to make it real uhwhat

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/03/12 02:20 AM

Ooh, someone's a bit jaded now, isn't he??

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/03/12 04:52 AM

Ooh, someone's a bit jaded now, isn't he??

Not just now... wink

MC may be right to a point -- there needs to be some variety, etc, to gain maximum audience. I have no problem with that when it comes to narrowing down the lot from hundreds to dozens, or even the Top 24. I just don't want to find out that the 50 million votes mean nothing after that!

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/03/12 09:06 PM

We want to buy the whole concept - a nobody gets hand-picked from tens of thousands of young hopefuls and is catapulted to stardom. We want to buy that fairy tale. The truth is, it's a TV show and needs ratings to get sponsors. It will manipulate the audience to its best advantage.

It's like that show about coupons. The people buy $700 worth of stuff for twelve cents. However, they don't tell you that the stores make deals with the show to honor and double coupons that they normally would not accept so that they can appear on the show.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/07/12 05:53 PM

Well for sure I know Survivor is real. tongue

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/08/12 05:55 AM

Okay, here we go...

Top 13 - Music by Stevie Wonder (guys) & Whitney Houston (gals), with mentor Mary J. Blige

For the first time, it's Guys vs Gals. One of each will be the Bottom 2, and the judges will send one home.

IMHO:
Code:
A-  Jessica  "I Will Always Love You"
B+  Joshua   "I Wish"
B+  Hollie   "All the Man That I Need"
B+  Deandre  "Master Blaster"
B   Colton   "Lately"
B   Jeremy   "Rivers In The Sky"
B   Skylar   "Where Do Broken Hearts Go?"
B   Erika    "I Believe in You and Me"
B   Jermaine "Knocks Me on My Feet"
B-  Shannon  "I Have Nothing"
C+  Philip   "Superstition"
C   Elise    "I'm Your Baby Tonight"
C-  Heejun   "All is Fair in Love"

In order of appearance:

Joshua was very good. R: Blew it out, you can do anything; J: Felt it; S: Brought it home, nailed it

Elise was a bit shaky. J: Not your best; S: Good but wrong song; R: Boxing with the song, not best

Jermaine was okay. S: Perfect; J: Connect with song more, relax; R: Love the verses, not the chorus

Erika was okay, too. R: Unbelievable, yes yes go go; J: Goosies before you even started singing, safe, stop thinking; S: Beautiful

Colton has a great voice, but not perfect here. This could be recorded now. S: Outstanding; J: Great; R: Not picture perfect in beginning, then flawless, well done

Shannon hit some good big notes, but shaky - then effed up. J: Thinking got the best of you, capable, relax; S: Nerves; R: We know you can sing that song

Deandre, I love his voice. S: Beautiful, loved it; J: Have rhythm and soul; R: Didn't want it to stop

Skylar I like, some pitchy spots, some money shots. J: Definition of composure, not all perfect, amazing; S: Beautiful, well done; R: You can sing any song (not just country)

Heejun was disappointing as I liked him early, pitchy, perhaps too soft. J: I love you; S: Fantastic, special; R: Not perfect but really good

Hollie has some great potential. R: Big song, nailed it; J: Beautiful; S: Nailing it, really nice

Jeremy has a nice voice. S: Velvety smooth voice; J: Really really beautiful; R: Not your best, more swag

Jessica showed great voice control, practically perfect, wow. R: Give it all to her, legit, OMG; J: Just just amazing, speechless; S: You may be the one

Philip is cool, but kinda gets old after a short while. S: Lots of 'fuggedaboutit' in your vocals [huh?]; J: Made it your own, killed it; R: We need you, you drive your own car in your own lane, I love it

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/09/12 02:08 AM

Just watched the performances. I think that Joshua, Erika, Hollie, Skylar and Jessica gave stand out performances. The others? Meh. The boys are just not great. I wish they had put Reed through instead of Deandre and his hair. At least he would have been interesting.

I do hope they keep Jermaine around, simply because it is hilarious when he stands next to Ryan Seacrest.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/09/12 05:54 AM

Top 13 - Results

Top 13 perform Stevie Wonder's "Always" (Meh, C-)

Ford Music Video "Big Time"

Jessica, Elise, Hollie...
Jessica safe, Hollie safe, Elise B3

Heejun, Jermaine, Colton...
Colton safe, Heejun safe, Jermaine B3

2011 runner-up Lauren Alaina performs "Georgia Peaches"

Erika, Shannon, Skylar...
Erika B3, Skylar safe, Shannon B3

Philip, Jeremy, Deandre, Joshua...
Philip safe, Jeremy B3, Deandre safe, Joshua B3

B3 Girls = Elise, Erika, Shannon
B3 Boys = Jermaine, Jeremy, Joshua
Erika and Joshua are safe

Mary J Blige performs "Why?"

B4 = Elise, Jermaine, Shannon, Jeremy (who Steven thought should go)

B2 Boys = Jermaine, Jeremy
B2 Girls = Shannon, Elise

Randy said that was "probably right"

Jermaine and Shannon are safe

Jeremy [my #6] vs Elise [my #12]

Elise is safe (?!!), Jeremy goes home to last year's winner Scotty's "Please Remember Me"

Sorry to see Jeremy go, he really had a nice voice....

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/09/12 04:39 PM

I thought Georgia Peaches would never end. Dear Lord, I get it. They're peaches, they're from Georgia, nothing's sweeter, no need to repeat it ad nauseam.

Bye, Jer-Bear! He was cannon fodder from the start.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/09/12 05:14 PM

I thought Georgia Peaches would never end.

Really? It went by quickly for me, considering I fast-forwarded over most of it. grin

I start watching halfway thru live shows so I can skip commercials -- that saves 15+ mins per hour wink

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/09/12 05:33 PM

I wonder what happens to those contestants who say 'this means everything to me, this is my whole life, if don't win, I don't know what I'm gonna do............'

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/09/12 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
I wonder what happens to those contestants who say 'this means everything to me, this is my whole life, if don't win, I don't know what I'm gonna do............'

One of them wins. wink Every contestant says that!

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/14/12 06:48 AM

'American Idol' finalist tweets that he's gone
Quote:
By DERRIK J. LANG | Associated Press – 3 hrs ago

Jermaine Jones is apparently out on "American Idol."

The 25-year-old vocal instructor from Pine Hill, N.J., tweeted Tuesday night that he would no longer be on the Fox singing contest. He wrote on his official "Idol" Twitter account: "Awww I will no longer b on the show," but the post was later deleted.

A Fox spokeswoman declined to comment on the matter or confirm his tweet.

The so-called "gentle giant" was among the show's viewer-selected top 13 finalists after the judges gave him a last-minute spot among the 11th season's top 13 male semifinalists.

He was among the bottom three vote-getters last week after performing Stevie Wonder's "Knocks Me Off My Feet" but advanced to the group of top 12 singers.

"Idol" contestants in the past have been asked or forced to leave when the show deems that their work or personal history is an issue.

Corey Clark was disqualified for concealing his arrest record during the second season in 2003. Frenchie Davis was also dropped from "Idol" that year because of her previous appearance on an adult website.

During the eighth season in 2009, Joanna Pacitti was shown advancing to the top 36 semifinalists after "Hollywood Week" but was later replaced. Pacitti released an album in 2006 and had ties to 19 Entertainment, which produces "Idol" with FremantleMedia North America.

Chris Golightly was dropped from the top 24 semifinalists in the ninth season in 2010 because he didn't disclose that he had a previous record contract.

In contrast, the singing competition allowed past finalists like the sixth season's Antonella Barba and the seventh season's David Hernandez to stay on after racy photos that appeared to be Barba leaked online. Hernandez was revealed as having once worked as a nightclub stripper.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/14/12 02:39 PM

It was on Good Day NY this morning that he hid a criminal past and had an outstanding warrant or warrants. They didn't have all the details, but suggested we all tune in to find out.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/14/12 04:45 PM

It was on Good Day NY this morning that he hid a criminal past and had an outstanding warrant or warrants. They didn't have all the details, but suggested we all tune in to find out.

why didn't American Idol do a background check? this is beyond stupid, and it's not fair for those that could have had his spot when they brought him back.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/14/12 05:14 PM

Yes, like that cute waiter.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/15/12 02:16 AM

Hollie and Joshua were far and away the best of the night, followed by Jessica, Skylar, Erika, Phillip and Elise (in no particular order). I don't know why they panned Jessica's performance, because that was an incredibly difficult song to sing and I thought she was decent.

Why do I always forget Colton until I see the recap at the end of the show?? He's good, but forgettable for some reason.

Worst of the night: Heejun, Shannon and Deandre, although by all rights Deandre shouldn't be there. He just did what the coaches told him to, and it didn't work out. Please send Shannon "Migraine" or Heejun home.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/15/12 04:46 AM

Top 12\\\11 - Birth Year Songs
w/ Will.i.am

We already knew that Jermaine was disqualified for having a criminal record, and apparently he has 4 outstanding warrants against him; two for falsifying his name to law enforcement, and at least another for fighting. Whatever. A wasted spot even before this info.

IMHO:
Code:
B+  Joshua  (1992) "When a Man Loves a Woman"
B+  Colton  (1991) "Broken Heart"
B+  Hollie  (1993) "The Power of Love"
B+  Jessica (1995) "Turn the Beat Around"
B   Shannon (1995) "One Sweet Day"
B   Skylar  (1994) "Love Sneaking Up On You"
B   Philip  (1990) "Hard to Handle"
B   Deandre (1994) "Endless Love"
C-  Erika   (1985) "Heaven"
D+  Heejun  (1989) "Right Here Waiting"

PHILIP was pretty good, Karaoke+. R: Good song choice; J: Great, loved it; S: Watch melody, keep it up

JESSICA is ready now, and just 16?!! Some pitch issues, but good. S: Don't stray too far from ballads; J: Lagged, lost rhythm, good job; R: Song choice an issue

HEEJUN was too breathy, not very good. R: Pitchy, wrong song, didn't enjoy it; J: Struggling, felt it at the end; S: Breathy, special vocals anyway

ELISE was better, but problematic. S: Love your voice; J: That was right, beautiful; R: Dope, Elise is back

DEANDRE wasn't perfect, but still like him. J: Can sing anything, not right song; S: Not right song, you'll find it; R: Boring/safe at wrong time

SHANNON could've been worse, kinda Zzzz. J: Beautiful job, great; S: Beautiful, good job; R: Mad potential, Yo!

COLTON was great. J: Really really well, look pretty; S: Wrong song, raspberries [?!!]; R: Song didn't matter, dope, consistent

ERIKA was bad karaoke. S: Too busy; J: Left us wanting more; R: Kinda liked it, 8/10, just sing it

[Here they explained Jermaine's absence]

SKYLAR was competent. S: Beautiful; J: Really killed that; R: You rocked it

JOSHUA I loved, but totally believable? R: Phenomenal; J: Best thing I've seen on AI; S: Good came thru your eyes [huh??!]

HOLLIE had good control but a tiny bit Zzzz. J: You and Joshua best for last, beautiful; S: Beautiful, pitch here and there; R: Blew it out of the box

--

Ryan asked the judges who was safest and in trouble:

R: Safest: Joshua; Trouble: Heejun
J: Safest: Joshua, Hollie, Philip; Trouble: Let America decide
S: Safest: Joshua, Skylar, Philip; Trouble: Let America decide

--

My Bottom 3 are Heejun, Erika, and Elise

As to who goes home? Well, in the past no one went home when there was a scandal, so my guess is... no one goes home, but they get warned. But Heejun should go, having two bad ones in a row.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/16/12 02:59 AM

I was not sorry to see Shannon go home, but I don't know how Heejun escaped the Bottom 3. That comedy routine of his is going to get old very quickly.

And since when is this American Idol - The Jimmy Iovine Show? I'm getting sick of him very quickly. From Deandre's song choice to the "big pause" in both Erika's and Jessica's songs, all bad choices and all Jimmy's ideas.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/16/12 04:19 AM

I liked Heejun in the beginning, but he's been my least favorite the past 2 weeks. Our new Sanjaya??

Top 12\\11 Results

J-Lo takes the cover of Vogue

Tommy Hilfiger is Image Adviser starting next week

Ford Music Video: "Ghost Town"

Philip, Skylar, Elise, Joshua

Joshua is safe, Philip is safe, Elise is B3, Skylar is safe

Demi Lovato performs "Give Your Heart a Break" (meh)

Colton, Shannon, Deandre, Jessica

Colton is safe, Jessica is safe, Deandre is safe, Shannon is B3

Daughtry performs "Out of My Head" (Zzz)

Erika, Heejun, Hollie

Hollie is safe, Erika is B3, Heejun is (somehow) safe

B3 = Elise, Shannon, Erika

Elise is safe

B2 = Shannon & Erika

Erika is safe, and "Sultry" Shannon sings for her life. But isn't saved.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/22/12 05:11 AM

Top 10 - Billy Joel
w/ Diddy, and Tommy Hilfiger

Mostly the same this week, with some surprises...

Code:
A-  Colton  "Piano Man"
B+  Jessica "Everybody Has a Dream"
B   Erika   "New York State of Mind"
B   Elise   "Vienna"
B-  Hollie  "Honesty"
B-  DeAndre "Only the Good Die Young"
C+  Philip  "Moving Out"
C+  Skylar  "Shameless"
C   Joshua  "She's Got a Way"
D   Heejun  "My Life"

DeAndre was okay, slightly Zzz/karaoke, with too much vibrato. S: Too happy?: J: Good job, nice mix; R: Nothing special, good not great

Erika was good, and pretty convincing. R: Love vocals, beautiful; J: Beautiful, let loose more; S: Outstanding

Joshua should've been better, awkward in spots, gospel-ly. J: Sing so crazy, connect more; S: Made it come to life [he never heard the song before?! BS!]; R: Made it your own

Skylar was a bit shaky, but I've liked her. R: Pitchy in beginning, then pretty good; J: Fearless; S: Good

Elise I kinda liked for once, a bit screamy. S: Fantastic, brilliant; J: Happy for you, beautiful thing; R: Unbelievable talent, had a moment (during the last run)

Philip's stray from melody was sometimes awkward. J: You are who you are, awesome; S: Really good job; R: One of the best renditions of the song ever, brilliant

Hollie was pretty good. S: Little pitchy, good; J: Beautiful sound, but gotta nail it; R: Gotta let go, better than that

Heejun needs to go already, too accented, let it loose, kinda hokey, mocking karaoke. J: Brought a little fun, vox not exact; S: tongue-tied, take it more serious; R: vocal problems, had good time

Jessica has great vox, but too much? S: Thank you; J: Written for you, congrats; R: Have a moment every time out, perfection

Colton I love, awesome. J: Goosies head to toe; S: Stunning, great; R: Sensitive, touching, stay individual

My B3 this week is Heejun, Joshua (unfortunately), and Skylar (also unfortunately). It's time to say goodbye to the comedian.
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/22/12 05:18 PM

Pretty much agree with your view. I don't understand the praise for Philip's version of Movin Out. I thought it was awful.
Posted By: Mark

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/23/12 12:16 AM

I actually watched this last night for the first time this season. Because I am a big Billy Joel fan. Colton did great with Piano Man, Jessica did a great rendition of Everybody Has a Dream, Erika & Elise did very well! I agree with you, Don Marco, that version of Movin' Out was absolute trash. Painful at best to listen to him.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/23/12 01:34 AM

Can't believe Erika's gone. She was SO talented! Deandre and Heejun have sucked two weeks in a row. How is Erika gone and they're still there?? Her "New York State of Mind" was fantastic!

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/23/12 01:35 AM

Can't believe Erika's gone. She was SO talented! Deandre and Heejun have sucked two weeks in a row. How is Erika gone and they're still there?? Her "New York State of Mind" was fantastic!

panic I thought she did very well! Must have been the make over!?!

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/23/12 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark

panic I thought she did very well! Must have been the make over!?!

i liked her look before the makeover...but, it shouldnt matter since she is way way better than heejun...who is getting annoying as hell.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/23/12 01:41 AM

Yeah - I guess his parents never got his ADDHD properly diagnosed and treated!

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/23/12 04:19 AM

Top 10 Results

Top 10 sing "For the Longest Time" (C+)

Ford Music Video "You Found Me"

Hollie, Skylar, Elise...

Hollie's safe,
Skylar's safe,
Elise is safe

Lana Del Rey sings "Video Games" (awful)

The Top 10 sing "Happy Birthday" to Steven Tyler (64 on Monday), with Joe Perry

DeAndre, Joshua, Jessica...
Jessica is safe,
Joshua is safe,
DeAndre is in the B3

Season 10's Haley Reinhart performs her single "Free" (eck)

Erika, Heejun, Philip, Colton...
Colton is safe,
Erika is B3,
Philip is safe,
Heejun is B3

B3 = DeAndre, Erika, Heejun

DeAndre is safe

B2 = Erika, Heejun...

Heejun is safe ?!! (WTF B.S.!! etc)

The judges do not save Erika...

She was really good this week, but not really before that.
She should've stayed past Heejun, though (who's been a joke and awful)

America got it wrong.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/23/12 07:11 PM

BTW, I might not be taking notes next week since I'll be out of town...
Posted By: Hisenberg

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/25/12 06:30 AM

How the hell is Heejun still in? He is by far the worst singer in the competition. Definitely not better then Erika

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/25/12 06:38 PM

Oh no. I haven't been able to watch many of the shows this year and your synopsis is my way of staying connected. cry

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/25/12 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Hisenberg
How the hell is Heejun still in? He is by far the worst singer in the competition. Definitely not better then Erika

Hey His. My theory (for which I've been admonished) is that the votes really don't count. The producers decide who gets cut. They have to keep it balanced. For example, you couldn't have 6 female pop singers left. You would lose a large chunk of viewers and eventually sponsors. It's all carefully orchestrated to maintain viewership. You'll find that my theory has not been held in high regard, but deep down inside they know I'm right. tongue

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/26/12 04:51 AM

This would explain the whole jermaine jones thing.
its pretty suspicious that they decided to bring him back just to get rid of him

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/29/12 02:13 AM

Tonight's episode was one of the best AI broadcasts I've ever seen. Even Heejun gave a good performance. They all were good, some even very, very good, but the night belonged to Elise. She did Zeppelin, and she blew it out of the water. She was simply incredible.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/31/12 01:48 AM

but the night belonged to Elise.

Unfortunately I haven't been watching. Is Elise the one with the Fergie-type thighs? She gets my vote. Can she sing?

Re: 2012 American Idol - 03/31/12 01:58 AM

Elise did Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love". ZEPPELIN! She not only can sing, she nailed it. As for her thighs, I'm not sure if we're thinking of the same person. lol Here's a link to last night's performances:
http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_11/performances/

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/01/12 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Oh no. I haven't been able to watch many of the shows this year and your synopsis is my way of staying connected. cry

Don't worry, I took notes anyway. I'll post them later... wink

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/01/12 03:11 PM

The Boss is back! As I stated before, I have not watched a lot of this season but I would be surprised if Jessica does not take this competition altogether. She is very talented and a pure natural singer. Welcome back, J Geoff.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/01/12 04:36 PM

Thanks, Mark - Good to be back in cloudy/cold NJ as opposed to warm/sunny Florida! ohwell wink

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/01/12 05:11 PM

Top 9 - Personal Idols

Solo performances + 3 trios, w/ Stevie Nicks

This week was VERY difficult to grade as everyone did pretty well. It's all nit-picky.

Code:
B+ Colton    Lifehouse,    "Everything"
B  DeAndre   Eric Benet,   "Sometimes I Cry"
B  Hollie    C. Underwood, "Jesus Take the Wheel"
B  Elise     Led Zeppelin, "Whole Lotta Love"
B  Skylar    M. Lambert,   "Gunpowder and Lead"
B  Joshua    M. Carey,     "Without You"
B- Jessica   Beyonce,      "Sweet Dreams"
C+ Phillip   Jonny Lang,   "Still Raining"
C- Heejun    D. Hathaway,  "A Song for You"

COLTON is always good, Bonjoviesque here.
S: Dream come true, star quality; J: Moved; R: Believable

SKYLAR was good as usual, but almost seemed to get lost?
J: Unbridled; S: Over the top, beautiful; R: Good lookin' out

TRIO #1: Colton, Elise, Phillip perform a Fleetwood Mac medley (A-)

HEEJUN finally sang without joking around. But not well enough.
S: You did it, great; J: Beautiful tone, vibrato; R: Welcome back

HOLLIE showed some potential with this song.
R: Really good job, not perfect; J: One of your best; S: Just okay for me, difficult song

DEANDRE I still like, but way too much falsetto.
S: 100% passion; J: Vote for DeAndre, crazy; R: Beautiful, who you are, DeAndre's back!

JESSICA wasn't her best.
J: Gorgeous, beautiful; S: A star, delicious; R: Innate talent, one of best in years, she wants it

TRIO #2: DeAndre, Heejun, Joshua perform a Michael Jackson medley (B)

PHILLIP was okay, a little Zzz, low level of difficulty.
J: We feel the music, great, amazing; S: In your body and soul; R: Love individuality

JOSHUA sang a big song, too much/not enough? Not sure.
R: She'd be proud, flawless, emotional, brilliant; S: Beautiful; J: A phenom, angel from heaven

TRIO #3: Hollie, Skylar, Jessica perform a Madonna medley (C)

ELISE was good, but appropriate? Zep are her idols?
S: Made Robert Plant proud; J: Made me get up on my feet; R: Amazing job, congrats

5 standing ovations by judges seems to be a one-night record.

Results

Ford Music Video "I Wanna Rock"

Remaining Idols move into Hollywood Hills mansion (seemed pretty ugly from the outside)

Elise, Phillip, Hollie... Hollie B3, Phillip & Elise safe.

Nicki Minaj performs "Starships" (awful)

Colton, Joshua, Heejun... Colton & Joshua safe, Heejun B3.

Season 10 winner Scotty McCreery performs "Water Tower Town" (B-)
Jimmy Iovine presents him with a Platinum record for "Clear As Day"

Skylar, DeAndre, Jessica... Jessica safe, Skylar B3, DeAndre safe.

B3 = Hollie, Heejun, Skylar

Skylar's safe.
Hollie's safe.

Heejun sings, but is not saved. G'bye now.

Heejun Han: 'American Idol' judge Jennifer Lopez wanted to "save" me

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/01/12 05:47 PM

You and I definitely disagree on Elise's performance. That song is one of the most difficult to sing, but she nailed it. I thought they were all good, some even gave their best performance to date, but she was head and shoulders above everyone else.

Edit: Welcome back!

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/01/12 06:37 PM

Yeah, we know it wasn't easy ranking this week. She did do it well -- great, but not perfect -- and it's a song she's been singing for years. That didn't gain her any points from me, picking a song she's been doing forever and not challenging herself. She didn't make it hers, either. And rock songs (despite the vocal range needed for some like this one) are probably the easiest of all genres. That's why Phillip didn't impress me. Elise did very well, but I didn't feel "a moment" in there at all. :shrug:

Oh yeah... anyone gonna shop at Kohl's this month for the new "Authentic Icon" apparel? wink

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/02/12 10:59 PM

Deandrea is a gonner. That guy is terrible

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/03/12 12:23 AM

Elise did Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love". ZEPPELIN! She not only can sing, she nailed it. As for her thighs, I'm not sure if we're thinking of the same person. lol Here's a link to last night's performances:
http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_11/performances/

Yeah, Elise is the one with Fergie thighs. I saw her in an earlier show. The devil made me look. cool

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/05/12 04:37 AM

Top 8 - 1980's

w/ Gwen Stefani & Tony Kanal from No Doubt
Solos + Boy/Girl duets

Code:
A-  Colton  "Time After Time"
B   Skylar  "Wind Beneath My Wings"
B   DeAndre "I Like It"
B   Joshua  "If You Don't Know Me By Now"
B-  Jessica "How Will I Know"
B-  Phillip "That's All"
C-  Hollie  "What a Feeling"
C-  Elise   "I Wanna Know What Love Is"

DEANDRE sang well with less falsetto, but kinda Zzz.
J: 'I Like It' a lot, great job; S: Totally captivating, exceptional; R: Perfect, amazing

ELISE started rough, kinda boring.
S: Not right song, but love voice; J: Not totally right, but great; R: Pitchy whole song

DUET #1 : Colton & Skylar, "Islands in the Stream" (B+)

PHILLIP was kinda just okay, Level of Difficulty still low.
S: Love individuality; J: Brought it home at end; R: Loved it, great

DUET #2 : Hollie & DeAndre, "I'm So Excited" (B+)

JOSHUA is still great, but still too much church, a bit Zzz.
J: Lordy Lordy Lordy, spectacular; S: Over the top, perfect; R: So in your zone, Joshua's gotta have it!

JESSICA was good, but something's missing. Bad note?
J: Crazy, really good; S: Fantastic; R: Amazing job, maturity, gotta have it too!

DUET #3 : Phillip & Elise, "Stop Dragging My Heart Around" (B)

HOLLIE hit some rough spots in the verses, karaoke.
S: Slow getting there, pitchy all over; J: Forget and let go, feel it; R: I agree

DUET #4 : Jessica & Joshua, "I Knew You Were Waiting For Me" (B)

COLTON should win this.
S: Could do a record right now; J: Amazing, really good; R: So current, ready to go

SKYLAR was strong in the upper register, weaker low.
R: Wow wow, best of yours to date; J: Can sing with the best; S: Beginning of a great career

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/06/12 06:22 AM

Results

J-Lo's new video for "Dance Again" (quite provocative)

Ford Music Video "Alright"

By duets... Jessica, Joshua... both safe.

UK's The Wanted perform "Glad You Came" (meh)

Skylar, Colton... then Hollie, DeAndre...

DeAndre B3, Colton safe, Hollie B3, Skylar safe

Kelly Pickler does nothing special with "Where's Tammy Wynette?"

Elise, Phillip... Elise B3, Phillip safe

B3 = DeAndre, Hollie, Elise

Hollie's safe

B2 = DeAndre, Elise

DeAndre's bottom, Elise is safe; DeAndre is NOT saved ohwell (J-Lo was outvoted)

---

Elise was my #8, Hollie was my #7, but both are safe. DeAndre, my #3, is gone. ohwell

Colton, though, is My Guy here on out...! Hope that doesn't jinx him!

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/06/12 06:30 PM

I really thought that DeAndre stepped up his game the last few weeks, so I'm sorry to see him go. However, I do think he was the weakest of the remaining contestants.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/12/12 05:19 AM

Top 7 - Songs from the 2010's
w/ Akon

Another decent week... and again, duets/trio. Why do they need to push this to 2 hours still?

Code:
B+  Colton   "Love the Way You Lie"
B+  Jessica  "Stuttering"
B   Joshua   "Runaway Baby"
B   Phillip  "Give a Little More"
B   Skylar   "Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You"
C+  Hollie   "Perfect"
C   Elise    "You and I"

SKYLAR was okay, kinda Zzz somehow, little pitchy.
R: What you should do, felt you; J: Perfect pitch; S: The crows may crow, but the hens deliver the goods

COLTON has an awesome voice (we know), Rufus-esque, beautiful.
J: Real artist, good job; S: Rare talent; R: Subtle, stellar

DUET #1 : Elise & Phillip, "Somebody I Used to Know" (C-) Karaoke

JESSICA was better than the song, but didn't seem to connect.
R: Set the bar really high, superb, amazing; J: Take us on the ride; R: I forget where I am

JOSHUA, it was nice to not be "in church" all the time.
S: Sell us all like a work of art; J: It's about being a performer; R: Unbelievable, he wants it!

DUET #2 : Colton & Skylar, "Don't You Wanna Stay" (C) Colton is now Skylar's backup singer?!

HOLLIE was okay, a bit Zzz, not "Perfect".
J: Feel you fighting, sang beautifully; S: Not perfect tonight for me; R: Not perfect, but better than last week

PHILLIP showed me one of his best.
S: Love the way you've evolved; J: A little underwhelming; R: No "wow" moment

TRIO #3 : Hollie, Jessica & Joshua, "Stronger" (C)

ELISE was weak and karaoke, B3 again.
R: Elise is back! Very dope; J: Crazy, beautiful; S: Genius, beautiful vocal

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/12/12 08:27 PM

I was a big Elise fan in the beginning, but she's been coasting on that Zeppelin performance for a few weeks now. I'm still all about Joshua, though. I think his Bruno Mars was very good, especially since it was so out of his comfort zone.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/13/12 05:18 AM

Was never a fan of Elise, but then the Zep thing, and okay. But shit, she's sung that song for a decade with her band, of course it's gonna be good. Give her something else, and she falls flat.

Joshua was high on my list tonight simply because he DIDN'T "take me to church"... but he's not gonna win.

Colton is my boy, Skylar or Jessica is my girl...

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/13/12 05:27 AM

Results

The Top 7 performs Pink's "Raise Your Glass" (C-)

Ford Music Video "Great Escape"

Hollie, Jessica... Hollie to stage right, Jess to stage left

Season 10's James Durbin sings thru an effects mic for "Higher Than Heaven" (still B, but the effect didn't have to last the ENTIRE song, did it??)

Phillip, Elise... Phillip stage right, Elise stage left

A very slimmed-down Jennifer Hudson & Ne-Yo perform "Think Like a Man" (B-)

Colton, Joshua... Joshua stage left, Colton stage right

Skylar left alone... is then safe

B3 = Joshua, Elise, Joshua (to shocks)

Joshua is safe

B2 = Elise, Jessica...

Elise is safe (what?!!)

Jessica starts to sing for her life, but is interrupted by the judges on stage. R: "Without any doubt, one of the best singers in America, ever; are you kidding me?!"

Jessica uses up the Judges' Save, and wow, of course!!

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/13/12 01:20 PM

I figure that it must be a case that people don't bother to vote for her because they thing she is going to be safe anyway. Hope that changes next week.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/13/12 05:36 PM

As soon as the judges saw the B3, Steven Tyler said they would use the save, no matter who was going home.

The group sing last night was a horror, and that song is one of my favorites. It was just awful beyond awful.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/19/12 03:44 AM

Top 7 Redux - Songs from the '00s + Classic Soul
w/ no guest mentor

Since everyone performed twice, and to save time and my sanity, I ranked them 1-7 for each category so have two lists:

Code:
Songs from the 2000's

B+ Joshua   "I Believe"
B+ Phillip  "You Got it Bad"
B  Jessica  "Falling"
B  Hollie   "Rolling in the Deep"
B- Colton   "Bad Romance"
B- Skylar   "Born This Way"
C  Elise    "No One"

HOLLIE was proficient, but a bit Zzz.
S: Finally came out of your shell, perfect; J: Felt every word; R: Close to perfect, felt you

COLTON wasn't at his best.
R: So in the zone, well done; Exciting performance; S: Keep doing what you're doing

ELISE was kinda screechy.
J: First goosies of the night; S: Delish; R: Sang great, lesson in restraint

PHILLIP was interesting, I liked it.
S: Fool us all the way, beautiful, great; J: Yes, yes, so sexy; R: True artist, original, himself

JESSICA did a good job.
S: Passion released; J: Crazy the way you play with songs; R: Brilliant, talent is other-worldly

SKYLAR was okay, but somehow a bit Zzz.
J: Love that version, perfect for you; S: So good; R: Beyond ready

JOSHUA was great, top of the night tonight.
R: Love you, love your voice; J: You gave us all of you; S: You could sing the phone book

Code:
Soul Classics

B+ Colton   "September"
B  Joshua   "A Change is Gonna Come"
B  Phillip  "Midnight Hour"
B- Jessica  "Try a Little Tenderness"
B- Skylar   "Heard it Through the Grapevine"
B- Elise    "Let's Get It On"
C  Hollie   "Son of a Preacher Man"

HOLLIE was kinda meh, karaoke.
R: Worked it out; J: Showing a new composure; S: Can push it even more

COLTON's performance could be a single today.
S: Voice is better than that song; J: Sounded really good, but song choice; R: Not exciting

ELISE has good tone, but too screamy.
J: Like to see more emotion, connection; S: Showed versatility, find the song; R: Song choice not right for voice, oversung

PHILLIP was good, but low level of difficulty again.
R: That's what it's about, who your are; J: From the soul; S: Brilliantly awkward

JESSICA was technically good, but a bit screamy.
S: Steppin' out; J: Alter ego came out, need more than voice; R: Connect with emotion of the lyric

SKYLAR, why does everything have to be countrified?
R: Do what you do, brilliant; J: Like your spunkiness; S: You are just something else

JOSHUA does his thing again.
S: Stretched voice to its limits; J: Just love you; R: Perfect for you, stellar

That said, I ranked as follows:

1. Joshua #1/#2
2. Phillip #2/#3
3. Jessica #3/#4
4. Colton #5/#1
5. Hollie #4/#7
6. Skylar #6/#5
7. Elise #7/#6

Don't get me wrong, I like Skylar, but this week that's how I saw it. And Phillip surprised me, outranking my favorite (Colton). And Joshua just brought it, and always sounds good.

Elise's time is up, IMHO.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/20/12 08:17 AM

Results

"Over 53 million votes, highest of the season"

Top 7 perform "Dancing in the Street" (C+/B)

Ford Music Video, "Stars"

Joshua, Hollie...
Joshua is safe, Hollie is B3

Season 8 "winner" Kris Allen performs his new single "Division of Love" (Adam should've won!)

Skylar vs Elise...
Elise B3, Skylar safe

Dick Clark tribute

LMFAO "performs" Sorry for Party Rockin' (awful)

Phillip, Colton, Jessica...
Jess is safe

B3 = Hollie, Elise, Colton...

Elise is safe
(?!!?)

B2 = Hollie, Colton...

Going home is... Colton (?!!?!!!)

The most modern/timely/relevant one of them all... good job, America! ohwell

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/26/12 03:32 AM

I am so sick of the judges throwing Hollie under the bus. Why do they hate her so much? I thought she was incredible, especially "The Climb". Miley Cyrus DREAMS of singing it that well.

Judges, stop with the stupid tongue baths for PeePee. That 2nd performance was pure karaoke.

Jessica, please stop yelling at me. Even Pickler's performance of Bohemian Rhapsody was more entertaining.

Elise, Joshua and Skylar all gave very good performances. I love Joshua, but Mr. Babe doesn't. I thought he stayed away from his gospel-type of performance and was quite entertaining.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/26/12 05:30 AM

Hmm, I think I kinda disagree w/ a lot of Babe's statements...

Top 6 - Music of Queen
+ Singers' Choice

First, the Top 6 do a Queen medley with Brian May & Roger Taylor (Eh. My eye was always on the Queen guys.)

Code:
Queen Songs

B+ Joshua   "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"
B  Jessica  "Bohemian Rhapsody"
B  Phillip  "Fat Bottomed Girls"
B  Elise    "I Want It All"
B  Skylar   "The Show Must Go On"
C+ Hollie   "Save Me"

JESSICA was proficient, but, seemed a bit odd.
S: Rock not your forte, but good; J: Beautiful vocal, not enough rock; R: Very nice, loved it

SKYLAR wasn't country for once, a nice change, but flat in spots.
S: Over the top, fabulous; J: Goosies, powerful; R: Incredible, she's gotta have it, phenomenal

JOSHUA was good as always, but not a very difficult song.
R: Unbelievable, so ready; J: My favorite part of the show; S: Classic style, loved it

ELISE was okay, screechy, I'm tired of her.
S: Found your stride, great; J: In your element, came together; R: One of your best, brilliant

PHILLIP was good, but didn't do anything with it; easy song.
S: Great, loved it; J: You give us different flavors; R: Liked it, didn't love it, good

HOLLIE had some rough spots, was a little theatrical.
S: Really good job; J: Enjoy it more, off a bit, stop thinking; R: Good performance, take more chances

Code:
Singers' Choice

A- Jessica  "Dance With My Father"
B+ Joshua   "Ready for Love"
B  Hollie   "The Climb"
B  Elise    "Bold as Love"
B  Phillip  "The Stone"
B- Skylar   "Tattos of This Town"

JESSICA was great.
J: Best I've ever heard that song sung; S: Pleasure watching; R: You are truly amazing, congrats

SKYLAR had a rough start with this one.
R: Gi-normous fan, fearless, great; J: Took us there again, slayed it; S: You can do no wrong

JOSHUA was good as usual, laid back for once.
R: Speechless, unbelievable, crazy good; J: Transcendent; S: I smell the finish line

ELISE wasn't bad, good vocals.
S: Love the Janis Joplin in you, but not the song; J: Slayed so hard, one of the best singers; R: Not right song for me at this point

PHILLIP was a bit creepy here, with a Dave Matthews tune.
S: Off the wall, found your niche; J: Too obscure/artsy; R: Showed your true colors, artist

HOLLIE was pretty good repeating her audition song, but she's no Miley.
R: The Hollie we love, Hollie's back; J: Perfect; S: So beautiful

--

Rankings are REALLY close with the first, middle, and last couple. But my final rankings are:

1. Joshua (#1/#2, B+/B+)
2. Jessica (#2/#1, B(+), A-)

3. Phillip (#3/#5, B/B(+))
4. Elise (#4/#4, B/B(+))

5. Hollie (#6, #3, C+/B(+))
6. Skylar (#5/#6, B(-)/B-)

--

That said, I don't think Hollie was thrown under the bus by the judges; PP's second song wasn't that great, but overall I thought he was better than I typically think he is; Jessica was almost my #1 of the week, it was that close; Mr Babe is crazy not loving Joshua (you can tell him that lol), but Skylar (one of my favorites all along) was my bottom choice this week. And I dislike Elise, and she did pretty well this week.

B3 should be Skylar, Hollie, Elise... but Skylar (despite my ranking this week) should not go home. Elise should. As I said, I'm tired of seeing her. Colton should've sung this week, not Elise!!

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/27/12 02:52 AM

Glad to see elise go. Next is probably going to be Phil.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/27/12 05:21 AM

Results

58 million votes

Hand-picked by Queen themselves, The Queen Extravaganza performs "Somebody to Love", with Brian and Roger at the end (B)

Ford Music Video "Magic"

The Idols visit TMZ (lolz)

Jessica, Elise...

Jessica safe, Elise B3

Season 10's Stefano performs his single, "I'm on a Roll" (Aw, thit! C+)

Hollie, Joshua...

Hollie B3, Joshua safe

Katy Perry does same ol' chit "Part of Me"

Skylar, Phillip...

Skylar B3, Phillip safe

B3 = Elise, Hollie, Skylar

Skylar is safe

B2 = Elise & Hollie

Leaving is...... Elise! Finally, but it really didn't matter between those two

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/27/12 12:44 PM

The whole B3 thing at this stage is a bit ridiculous, isn't it?? I mean, half of them are going to be B3, right? Shouldn't they just go to a B2 at this point??

I would like to see a final three of Hollie, Skylar and Joshua. I think they're all so talented, and they all have such different styles. It would at least be interesting, not like last year's country snoozefest.

Geoff, I have spoken to Mr. Babe about his Joshua dislike. It's just not his thing, but I disagree completely. I love Joshua and would love to see him as the winner.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/27/12 05:06 PM

Hollie over Jessica?? uhwhat I know she's young, but she's gonna be a star someday!

I don't care about B3, that's fine; but when can we at least cut it down to a 1.5 hr show?

Re: 2012 American Idol - 04/27/12 05:09 PM

Jessica lacks something. Not sure what it is, but yes, I like Hollie better. It should be an hour at this point. It's a little silly, the way they stretch it out. Filler much??

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/03/12 03:50 AM

Top 5 - The '60s & British Pop Hits
w/ Little Steven

This week was a bit of a snooze fest, but everyone did pretty well...

Code:
The '60s

B  Joshua   "Ain't Too Proud to Beg"
B  Hollie   "River Deep, Mountain High"
B  Skylar   "Fortunate Son"
B  Phillip  "The Letter"
B- Jessica  "Proud Mary"

HOLLIE was pretty good, but low notes seemed off to me.
S: Used your Blues, thank you Lord; J: Could really feel you; R: Loved it, very nice

PHILLIP's rendition was interesting, groovy, but same ol'.
R: Made it new for me, loved it; J: Make things your own; S: Missed the melody, but get away with it

SKULAR was good, but a little screamy.
J: Attack every song, fearless; S: Fabulous, love it; R: Born to be on stage

JOSHUA & PHILLIP perform "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" (C-)

JESSICA had good vox, but looked awkward in Tina Turner mode.
J: Loved seeing you move, good job; S: That's it; R: Barely okay for me

JOSHUA was good as usual, but a bit Zzzz.
S: Such a talent, great; S: So sickening; R: Can bring R&B back

Code:
Brit Pop Hits

B+ Skylar   "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me"
B  Jessica  "You Are So Beautiful"
B  Joshua   "To Love Somebody"
B  Hollie   "Bleeding Love"
C+ Phillip  "Time of the Season"

HOLLIE was good, but kinda Zzzz.
S: Loved it, nailed it; J: Beautiful, intimate, amazing; R: Unbelievable

PHILLIP kept the melody for once, but falsetto was bad, snoozer.
R: Less energy, vibe, nice; G: Mellow, good; S: Sang it well

JESSICA, SKYLAR & HOLLIE perform "Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher" (B)

SKYLAR had great pitch, best of the night.
R: Flawless, I believe you; J: You just might [win]; S: Did it so well, congrats

JESSICA had great vox as well, but another snooze fest.
S: You're gonna be #1; J: So beautiful, great job; R: Talent unbelievable, so good

JOSHUA started out nice and subdued, then ended maniacally as usual.
R: Wow, born to do that, of of best ever on the show; J: One of best in 50 years!; S: Real artist

--

My rankings for the week:

1. Skylar #3/#1 (B/B+)
2. Joshua #1/#3 (B(+)/B)
3. Hollie #2/#4 (B(+)/B)
4. Jessica #5/#2 (B-/B(+))
5. Phillip #4/#5 (B(-)/C+)

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/03/12 11:27 AM

Cable was out all day yesterday, until about 4 this morning. I missed the show, and my DVR was obviously not working. I'm going to try to catch it On Demand. Sounds like I missed a good one!

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/04/12 06:33 PM

Results

Joshua... safe

Cold Play performs "Paradise"

Hollie, Phillip...
Hollie B2, Phillip safe

Carrie Underwood performs "Blown Away" (Zzz)

Skylar, Jessica...
Jessica safe, Skylar (My #1 pick of the week) B2

Cold Play performs again, "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall"

B2 = Hollie, Skylar

R: "Sad every Thursday; Best Top 5 we ever had"
J: "Hard to lose anybody; Top 3 deserve to be there"
S: "Top 5 has never been better than this"

After nearly 60 million votes, going home is...

Skylar! (WTF?!!!)

Taking it graciously, Skylar sings "Gunpowder & Lead"

I'm sorry, but there's something wrong here. I've liked her from the beginning (second to Colton, who's also gone). Did they not want another country artist (despite their country winners doing better than any of the others)?? ARGH!!!

Hollie is forgettable; Jessica is good, but too much of a diva; Phillip is not an American Idol; So Joshua, though a bit over-the-top, should win this at this point.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/10/12 03:03 AM

Sorry, Hollie. Here comes the bus, and it's time for the judges to throw you under. I was shocked that they praised Hollie's version of "Faithfully" because she hit some pretty sour notes in the beginning, although she did pull it together for a phenomenal end. The second song was not bad, just not very good. And I'm not sure it's enough to save her.

Jessica is technically a good singer, but she has no soul. She doesn't connect emotionally at all. And PeePee is boring and sounds the same on every song. Plus, I'm sick of his constipated faces.

Joshua is good, although he can be a bit screechy. However, the emotion he brings to every performance is wonderful.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/10/12 04:49 AM

I thought Joshua was gonna win the week, and I agree with you about Jessica, but...

Top 4 - California Dreamin' & Personal Inspirations

Code:
California Dreamin'

B  Jessica  "Steal Away"
B  Phillip  "Have You Ever Seen the Rain"
B- Joshua   "You Raise Me Up"
C- Hollie   "Faithfully"

PHILLIP was good, but yet another easy song.
S: Road of success is always under construction; J: Perfect vocal quality for this song; R: Started a little rough, then right on

HOLLIE was lackluster and didn't sound like Idol material here; judges are way off!
R: Now peaking at right time; J: Very beautiful; S: Watched you blossom

JOSHUA didn't blow me away here, but I think he should win this year.
J: Really really great; S: Sang your little tush off; R: Amazing artist

JESSICA is kinda young for this song, but had good vox.
J: One of the best singers [anywhere] today; S: Nailed that; R: Can sing the phonebook, amazing

PHILLIP & JOSHUA perform "This Love" (B+)
HOLLIE & JESSICA perform "Eternal Flame" (D)
TOP 4 perform "Waiting For a Girl Like You" (B)

Code:
Songs they wish they'd written

A  Jessica  "And I'm Telling You"
A- Joshua   "It's a Man's Man's Man's World"
B+ Phillip  "Volcano"
B- Hollie   "I Can't Make You Love Me"

PHILLIP's song was perfect for him.
S: I heard the musician that time, beautiful; J: One of the most beautiful moments on the show ever; R: What it's all about, so great

HOLLIE did much better this time, but not perfect. Judges wrong again!
S: Fell a little short; J: Too much emotion, shaky; R: No moments, wrong song choice

JOSHUA did his thing and slayed it.
S: I can go home right now; J: Sickening, went to church, saw the Lord; R: One of best performances in history of ANY show

JESSICA, the future diva, got my first A of the year. But I agree she needs more experience and is a bit of a bitch.
S: Another winning performance, over-the-top; J: Real race to the finish, nothing to say, real moment; R: In it to really win it, slayed it

----

My rankings this week:

1. Jessica #1/#1, B(+)/A
2. Joshua #3/#2, B-/A-
3. Phillip #2/#3, B/B+
4. Hollie #4/#4, C-/B-

Hollie needs to go; she hasn't been performing at the Top 3 level, tho someday she might. I know some people don't like Jessica as a person, but that doesn't mean she can't sing her ass off. She just needs some life experience. I like Phillip, but don't see him as an Idol (I've said that before and was wrong). I think the finale should be Joshua & Jessica, and I prefer Joshua to win at this point.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/11/12 05:13 AM

Results

The Top 4 perform "California Dreamin'" (B)

Ford music video set / "Feeling So Good"

Top 4, for hometowm visits... (Top 3)....

Phillip recap...

"nearly 70 million votes..." wait.

Hollie recap, wait.

Season 7's David Cook does the usual "Last Song I'll Write For You"

Joshua's recap
Jessica's recap

J-Lo performs "Dance Again"

S: We've seen PHILLIP evolve, from not caring to finding out who he is, and still not caring...

J: All I saw was [Hollie] w/an amazing voice; so composed, collected

R: [Josh] had mad potential, but came back grown; leaps and bounds; ready for anything

S1: Jessica
S2: Joshua

B2 = Holllie, Phillip

Phillup is safe!

Hollie sings "The Climb" on the way home.....

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/11/12 04:54 PM

And she performed it beautifully. I would have preferred to see Hollie next week over PeePee or even Jessica, but no such luck.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/12/12 05:20 PM

I haven't seen much of the AI this year, but I think Hollie could be the one who could be the star of the group. She's got a great voice and those twinkly blue eyes are kind of like Carrie Underwood. Another non-winner with a career like - Jennifer Hudson, Daughtry, Clay Aiken, even Pickler. And don't forget those winners with no/or short career; Lee Dweyze, Kris Allen, the Soul Patrol guy ...??

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/17/12 06:50 AM

My Internet is down -- not usually a problem with FiOS -- so I'll post my review tomorrow...

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/17/12 06:54 AM

I just knew I'd be back minutes after posting that!! Was down for over an hour... ohwell

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/17/12 06:55 AM

Top 3

Code:
Judges' Choice

B  Phillip  "Beggin'"
B  Joshua   "I'd Rather Be Blind"
C  Jessica  "My All"

JOSHUA was okay, kinda boring of a song.
S: Another Joshua moment; J: Always bring down the house; R: Such a classic stylist

JESSICA's performance was like a high school talent show.
R: Absolutely beautiful, excellent; J: Did it beautifully; S: You be the last one standing here

PHILLIP... maybe it's just me tonight, kinda bored again.
S: Can you believe this guy, can be New Age 'Boss'; J: Great; R: A Phillip Phillips concert, in the zone

Code:
Contestants' Choice

B  Joshua   "Imagine"
B  Phillip  "Disease"
B- Jessica  "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing"

JOSHUA was good, didn't 'go to church' for once.
S: You are so fine; J: Digging deep makes you very special; R: People feel what you do, brilliant

JESSICA was okay, changed melody too much, not overdone for once.
S: Took a great song and made it greater; J: Amazing; R: Delivered at the end

PHILLIP was okay, but another snoozer.
J: Not a wow perfect, good; S: Who you are; R: Didn't like it either, just okay

Code:
Jimmy's Choice

B+  Jessica "I'll Be There"
B   Joshua  "No More Drama"
B   Phillip "We Got Tonight"

JOSHUA sang well, back to church.
R: You have laid everything on the stage; J: Gets crazy, of this this world; S: Over the top

JESSICA was almost perfect, I love this song.
S: Nailed it; J: Killed it, crazy; R: Didn't love it, needed a moment-moment

PHILLIP was given a boring-ass song, wasn't as good as other two.
R: Your best performance ever, he's ready; J: Really sweet; S: No other word but beautiful

----

Each won a round, IMHO. Lackluster week, but overall:

1. Joshua #2/#1/#2, B(-)/B/B(+)
2. Phillip #1/#2/#3, B/B/B
3. Jessica #3/#3/#1, C(-)/B-/B+

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/17/12 05:12 PM

I know they wanted a female Idol, but damn, Jessica just didn't bring it, except on the last song. The first was downright bad, especially her lower register. She just seemed tired.

PeePee was as boring as he has been all season. I don't get why the judges love this guy. He's just OK.

Joshua seemed to be the only contestant actually trying last night.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/17/12 08:25 PM

My view is that while the judges seem to praise them for their version of the songs, I hate it when I hear iterpretations of Let It Be, or Imagine. Joshua can really sing, but I don't like his version of Imagine. I did like Jessica's last song - I was in a different room and it sounded like MJ himself. I could picture Phil Phillips (does it surprise you that he and his father have that name and are from the south?) singing in the lounge at a hotel in Ocean City, MD.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/18/12 01:47 AM

Really, America? That's how you voted? UGH!!!

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/18/12 05:03 AM

Top 3 Results

Top 3 perform "Gotta Get You Into My Life" (B-)
Ford Music Video, "Cinema" [where was Phillip??]
Joshua recap
Top 3 meet Ester Dean in studio for new Ice Age movie soundtrack
Lisa Marie Presley performs "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet"
Jessica recap
Season 8's Adam Lambert performs "Never Close Our Eyes"
Phillip recap

Jessica, Joshua, Phillip...

R: "All have careers ahead of you"
J: "Losing anyone is a heartbreak"
S: "You have the courage to have a dream; if you don't have a dream, there's no way to make one come true"

After nearly 90 million votes...

Jessica is safe. [Oh, no]

Also in the finale is...

Phillip!

WTF?!!

I pegged Joshua as the winner, but he goes home, singing "This Is A Man's World"

W T F ?!?! I was hoping for a Joshua/Colton finale... now I lost both.

As I've said before, Jessica has talent, and will be a big star. She's got a great voice, but she's TOO YOUNG RIGHT NOW. At 16, the world is ahead of her. As for Phillip, I like him. Don't love, but like, him. But I don't see him as an Idol winner (same with Kris Allen, who won). Joshua deserved this if Colton didn't.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/18/12 12:04 PM

Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed with the results. As you said, though, there have been some strange results over the seasons. I guess we should expect this from a show that crowned Kris over Adam, and sent Beatboxing Blair to the finale over Melinda Doolittle (remember her?).

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/19/12 03:44 PM

I guess we should expect this from a show that crowned Kris over Adam, and sent Beatboxing Blair to the finale over Melinda Doolittle (remember her?).

Hey, I liked Blake! But you're right. Not to mention Clay (who seems to be poised to win Celebrity Apprentice on Sunday -- I haven't been watching; too much going on on Sunday nights. Tho you can watch online)

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/19/12 06:06 PM

I liked Blake, too. He was fun, but over Melinda?

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/19/12 06:41 PM

I don't think my personal favorite has ever actually won. The closest was the Battle of the Davids. I liked them both, and thought/hoped Archie would take it, but I was happy with Cook as well. I swear, I'm always referring to those two when I'm grading anyone since.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/23/12 05:23 AM

Top 2

Code:
Producer Simon Fuller's Choice

B  Jessica "I Have Nothing"
B  Phillip "Stand By Me"

This was very close. JESSICA was pretty good, and PHILLIP was interesting, same-ol'/good ol' PP.

J: Tough one; R: Round 1 probably went to Jessica

Jason Derulo performs the Coke song, "Undefeated"

Code:
Contestants' Fav of Season

B- Phillip  "Movin' Out"
B- Jessica  "The Prayer"

JESSICA wasn't as strong, same ol'; PHILLIP I gave a C+ to last time, still not crazy about this version.

S: Jessica took it again; R: Both even Round 2; J: Have to go with Phillip this time

Code:
Potential Winning Song (single)

B+  Phillip  "Home"
B-  Jessica  "Change Nothing"

JESSICA was Zzz, and a terribly weak song for her; PHILLIP's song was so perfect for him, and modern -- kinda Flaming Lips

R: Didn't love song, but added to it; J: Sang really well, song not you; S: Not proper song

R: Loved the song, you, production, perfect, amazing, brilliant; J: A PP song, congrats; S: Perfect, The Man

Last Season's winner, Scotty, performs the "out" song, "Please Remember Me"

--

Kinda close, but I have to give it to Phillip who did the best (while diva did the worst) tonight....

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/23/12 03:21 PM

I thought last year's finale took the prize for Most Boring, but this year's has it beat. I think back to all the talent that they had, this year seemed the most promising Top 12, and then zzzzzzz. What happened??

And since when did they give the finalists two separate songs to sing? I thought they sang the same song?

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/23/12 04:12 PM

SB,

My interest in the Idol has faded over the years, but I think by this time we've just seen too much of the finalists. Enough already! ...and the judges and Seacrest. Remember, this started in January.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/23/12 06:43 PM

IDOL ends tonight, and DUETS starts tomorrow... whistle

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/24/12 02:35 AM

Season 11 FINALE

Not a very exciting finale, but here's what went down:

Top 12 perform "Runaway Baby"

132 million votes cast, a new world record

Phillip and John Fogerty perform "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" and "Bad Moon Rising" (B)

Clip of Idol Moments

Joshua sings "Take Me to the Pilot" w/ a screaming Fantasia in a godawful outfit (C)

More Idol Moments: Jimmy calling Jennifer "Jessica" by mistake over and over.

Top Ladies sing "Ain't Nobody" and "Through the Fire" (D), then Chaka Khan comes out for "I'm Every Woman"

Ford Music Video: "I Was Here"

Phillip's and Jessica's music mentors are presented with Ford Escapes, and so are the Top 2 (I believe their choice of Ford)

Rihanna performs "Where Have You Been"

Skylar sings "Turn on the Radio" with Reba McEntire (B)

Clip: "The World of Steven Tyler"

Jessica sings "I Will Always Love You"

Top Guys sing "Coming to America," "Cracklin' Rosie," and "I'm A Believer" before being joined by Neil Diamond for "Sweet Caroline"

Idol Moments, Randy: "You Can Sing the Phone book", and then the Top 10 do.

J-Lo performs "Going In" and "Follow the Leader"

Season 5 contestant Ace Young proposes to Season 3 Runner-Up Diana DeGarmo

Hollie performs "You'll Never Walk Alone" with Season 6 winner Jordin Sparks

Top Guys sing a Bee Gees medley in honor of Robin Gibb

Jessica and Jennifer Holliday belt out "And I'm Telling You"

Aerosmith performs "Legendary Child" and "Walk This Way"

Phillip & Jessica sing "Up Where We Belong"

And the winner is...............

PHILLIP! Congrats!

Phillip begins to sing "Home" but is too overcome halfway through.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/24/12 05:43 AM

Phillip Phillips is the new 'American Idol'

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/24/12 12:29 PM

Most unexpected winner ever.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 05/25/12 12:30 AM

Most unexpected winner ever.

I didn't watch this season, so I have no idea who Philip is. But as far as most unexpected winner ever, I'd give the nod to Scotty McCreery.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 07/12/12 10:02 PM

Steven Tyler exiting as 'American Idol' judge ...and possibly J-Lo as well!

Re: 2012 American Idol - 07/13/12 07:01 PM

JLo is out too. I think that if the Adam Lambert and Charlie Sheen rumors are true this upcoming season would "jump the shark" for American Idol.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 07/13/12 07:18 PM

They're apparently talking to Mariah Carey, which I guess wouldn't be too bad. I don't have a problem with Adam, but I can't watch Charlie Sheen on Idol!

Re: 2012 American Idol - 07/13/12 11:11 PM

Well, her husband hosts the other Simon Cowell vehicle "America's Got Talent". I also heard on the radio that Paula is rumored to return.

Re: 2012 American Idol - 07/16/12 01:04 AM

Please not Charlie Sheen and/or Adam Lambert. What credibility is left on the show would be gone. Mariah would be OK. How about.....David Foster?

Re: 2012 American Idol - 07/16/12 06:15 AM

MS, please... who's more credible than previous {almost-winners} of the show??

And yes, while I do not follow his every move... and least Adam has moves, compared to Kris... c'mon now, he's a star!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET