Home

Joe Pesci's rap career

Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

Joe Pesci's rap career - 05/09/11 02:16 AM

A lot of people don't know this, but Joe Pesci had a brief rap career and even released an album in 1998 entitled Vincent LaGuardia Gambini Sings Just For You. There are quite a few rap songs there, but as the title suggests, he also sings. The man has a beautiful voice and I think there's no disputing that. Even sounding angelic at times. I've always felt this album deserved more praise and recognition.

Here are two of my favorite songs from the album.

And yes, I'd like to dedicate this song to all my ex gfs.
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Joe Pesci's rap career - 05/09/11 02:41 AM

People forget but young Pesci started out as a guitarist. He only went into acting (or more specifically, stand-up comedy) because his music career went nowhere.
Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

Re: Joe Pesci's rap career - 05/09/11 02:47 AM

That's true. In the sixties he tried out as a singer. Chris Walken started out as a dancer.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Joe Pesci's rap career - 05/10/11 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
People forget but young Pesci started out as a guitarist. He only went into acting (or more specifically, stand-up comedy) because his music career went nowhere.

Pesci also hung around with the "Four Seasons", from the neighborhood, and he is co-producer of the musical, "Jersey Boys" also...

from Wikipedia: "He played guitar for Joey Dee and the Starliters. Other early famous members of The Starliters were Charles Neville (The Neville Brothers) and Jimmy James (Jimi Hendrix). Later on Pesci went solo under the name Joe Ritchie, and released an album in 1968 entitled Little Joe Sure Can Sing accompanied by a band that included good friend and future fellow actor Frank Vincent. However, unlike his fellow bandmates, Joe Pesci was not very successful as a solo music artist, and so he moved on to pursue his acting career, making his film debut with The Starliters as an extra in the film Hey, Let's Twist!."
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET