5. X-Men: First Class
6.The Hangover Part II
7.Kung Fu Panda 2
8.Captain America: The First Avenger

which one will be the best in 2011 ?
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 05/05/11 01:10 PM

what no THOR?

Nothing this summer really licks my stamps. I might check out CAPTAIN AMERICA or GREEN LANTERN only if the reviews are decent because really either this seasons' Cape offerings look weak or I'm burned out on them.

FAST FIVE was fun though, might be the best of that never-ending franchise. Stupid as hell with enough cliches to open up an Autozone as less "racing" and more an OCEAN's 11/ITALIAN JOB derivative heist flick, but good coherent (mostly) tense action scenes with real stuntdrivers and daredevil people instead of mindless CGI supplied by a fat asshole behind a laptop in Silicon Valley.

An amusing, trashy matinee diversion. How many series get better by part 5?

~I correct myself, I'll go see CARS 2 because it's Pixar. But jesus why did fucking CARS get a sequel and not say THE INCREDIBLES?
Posted By: Rixon

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 05/06/11 05:21 PM

For me these are

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Transformers: Dark Of The Moon
X-Men: First Class
Kung Fu Panda 2

Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 05/30/11 02:23 AM

I thought Transformers Dark of the Moon wasn't due to come out til July, so how can anyone name it as one of the best of 2011?

Unless I'm a little out of touch which could very well be the case as I've been working 12-13 sometimes 15 hour days and working Saturdays & Sundays as well.
Posted By: AdinWilliam

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 12/27/11 07:42 AM

According to me following are best movies
1 Rio
2 Rango
3 LEGO Star Wars The Padawan Menace
4 Kung Fu Panda 2
5 Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey's Message From Mars

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 12/29/11 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: The Iceman
I thought Transformers Dark of the Moon wasn't due to come out til July, so how can anyone name it as one of the best of 2011?]

It's also disqualified for sucking.

Unless I'm a little out of touch which could very well be the case as I've been working 12-13 sometimes 15 hour days and working Saturdays & Sundays as well.

ZING!
Posted By: Fame

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 12/30/11 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
I thought Transformers Dark of the Moon wasn't due to come out til July, so how can anyone name it as one of the best of 2011?]

It's also disqualified for sucking.

Is that the one where Shia LaBeouf is screaming like a little girl every 2 secs? even for a Bay film that was too much. It's amazing how dumber we get with too much technology and phonetoys in our hands.

Is it any wonder that critics call "The Artist" a masterpiece? a black and white silent film! lovely idea, but also very sad we need to go back in time to make a good movie....

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 12/30/11 04:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Fame

Is that the one where Shia LaBeouf is screaming like a little girl every 2 secs? even for a Bay film that was too much. It's amazing how dumber we get with too much technology and phonetoys in our hands.

I don't blame technology for that turkey. That's foolish. (Hell the recent TINTIN was pretty good, in spite of that despised mo-cap animation.) I blame it on Mr. Bay. (and Shia of course. Dude can't act. The robots act better.)

Originally Posted By: Fame

Is it any wonder that critics call "The Artist" a masterpiece? a black and white silent film! lovely idea, but also very sad we need to go back in time to make a good movie....

I'm all for silent movies as a cinemaphile. I'm sure its a quality decent production and all that, but what's keeping me from wanting to see THE ARTIST is the gimmickry of it. I'm reminded of many movies in recent decades that purposely go Black & White. Granted, we've had some great ones (RAGING BULL, MANHATTAN, etc.), but for the most part, it's handled as a gimmick. Let's go film noir-y by doing black & white! Fuck you.

When Buster Keaton made THE GENERAL, that was the silent era. It was to be expected, it was the status quo. If it had been made during the talkies, he assumingly would've done it in sound. It was a great movie because Buster was funny as hell, and because he did insane stunts for a friggin movie as the Jackie Chan of his time. (Which incidentally why Chan has fondly referenced him a few times in his pictures.)

Again I sound bitter and dismissive of THE ARTIST, which again might truely be a terrific picture. I might change my tone with it. But I want progress, I don't want regressive jerking off. I want the future, not the past given a new paint job. (Or do I?)
Posted By: Fame

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 12/30/11 12:15 PM

No that's not what I meant; of course technology in the right hands will do wonders. Some of my favorite movies make use of technology to deliver a great story. The problem is when technology IS the story. You see many pictures getting made only for the sake of technology and transformers is a good example.

You can safely say that nowadays there's a whole line of films where the writing is secondary if even exists at all. Technology used to serve the writing, now it's the other way around. Who is the servant and who is the master?

Does Bay even think about writing, or does he just go around saying let's shoot this explosion or this giant robot sucking a pyramid and the crowd will just love it? But again, that's not to say ALL movies are like that.

Shia LaBeouf can do teenage comedy. I totally see him in some of those shows on Disney Channel.

Now about "The Artist": Gimmickry in itself is not bad every once in a while. I don't think we're going to see a long line of silent films from now on. As long as there's actually a good movie behind the gimmick then that's more important. It's useless to go around trashing movies that aren't totally pure in creation or honesty. There won't be many films left to watch.

Is "Le Samourai", a movie most critics and film buffs adore, really that honest and pure? even from the get go, Melville is quoting from "The book of Bushido"...and to my surprise I find that there isn't such a book at all. I took the time to check it out once the movie was done, but most people go on believing there is such a book, and that my friend is dishonest filmmaking. And that's not even the worst part. Did you know that he changed the ending of "Le Samurai" simply because he found out another movie had a similar ending?? I mean that's outraging!! you give up your creation for the sake of being original?

But that's not to say "Le Samourai" is not a superb film after all. It's still one of the finest and most entertaining movies I've seen. Very few movies are totally pure, and I for one would not limit myself over principles. There's plenty you get from imperfect movies. If you scratch "The Artist" simply for gimmickry or entertainment value, then believe me you'll have to scratch most movies out there. At least here it's in your face.

Posted By: calvis

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/01/12 10:44 AM

Best movies 2011 was
Warrior
Insidious
Immortals
Shame
W.E
MI4
Fast & Furious
Hangover 2
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/01/12 12:49 PM

Ehh guys where is Drive on the list? Hangover 2 was even worse than the first lol.
Posted By: powerwilliams1

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/10/12 10:01 AM

According to me these are the best movie in 2011 like
1 Bad Teacher
2 Fast Five
3 Transformer 3
4 Green Latern
5 Harry potter the deathly Hallows part 2
Posted By: olivant

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/10/12 06:19 PM

Unstoppable with Denzel. It is gaining in popularity as its rerun on HBO has increased quite a bit. It is quite exciting. Even though I know how it will turn out, I still watch it because of that excitement. Give it a look.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/12/12 03:14 AM

Best movie of 2011?

Drive
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/12/12 08:18 AM

I dont think i saw any movies made in 2011.. My g/f dragged me to see Harry potter the deathly Hallows part1 but was that 2010..
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/13/12 05:24 AM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
My g/f dragged me to see Harry potter the deathly Hallows part1 but was that 2010..

"Dragged" you?? I love the HP movies! tongue

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/13/12 06:14 PM

It was ok, but i dont get how people go mad over a boy wizard.. smile
Posted By: Mark

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/13/12 06:15 PM

You would if your name is Jerry Sandusky... whistle

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/13/12 06:38 PM

I dont get it.. smile
Posted By: Mark

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/13/12 06:44 PM

Sandusky is the former Penn State coach accused of child molestation.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/13/12 06:58 PM

Just like any movie, there's more to it than just a boy wizard.

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/13/12 09:57 PM

I seen the first five movies in bits,, it's just not my thing.. wink
Posted By: veneratio

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/21/12 12:12 PM

Drive was fantastic. The stand out for me, 2011 wasn't the best year for films IMO.
Posted By: jabuddy

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/24/12 06:39 AM

Spam Removed
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/24/12 06:47 AM

Moneyball!
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/24/12 03:51 PM

I like the red carpet and star gazing, but I am not too enthused about the Academy Awards (though I'll likely tune in)anymore. They always have movies that have a short theater life and go right to DVD never to be heard from again.

I only know a couple off the top of my head, (Moneyball, The Artist, The Help). Last few years I just think most of the movies are not very appealing...at least not to me. It just seems like years ago there was way more prestige connected to the Academy Awards than there is today. ohwell

TIS
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/24/12 08:48 PM

IU've said before that I don't see many movies, in or out of the theatre. I looked through an almanac's list of movies nominated for best picture, and the most recent one that I saw was Sideways. The most recent winner that I saw was Life is Beautiful. And the most recent winner that I saw in the theatre was Rainman. I enjoyed all three.
Posted By: AlexDen

Re: Best Movies of 2011? - 02/25/12 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By: powerwilliams1
According to me these are the best movie in 2011 like
1 Bad Teacher
2 Fast Five
3 Transformer 3
4 Green Latern
5 Harry potter the deathly Hallows part 2

Nice choice. I love it. I have also watched few movies in this list.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET