Home

Celebrity Apprentice 2011

Posted By: AppleOnYa

Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/06/11 02:40 PM

Starts tonight. Hilarious online article here:

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-apprentice/25-reasons-to-watch-the-new-se-39581.aspx

To be fair, all celebrities compete on behalf of a favorite charity (Bret Michaels did ALOT for diabetes research), but it's true there are alot of B-List or 'Has-Beens' that tend to be signed up. This season's cast:

LaToya Jackson
Gary Busey
NeNe Leakes (Real Housewives of Atlanta)
Star Jones
Lisa Rinna
Marlee Matlin
Dionne Warwick
David Cassidy
John Rich
Richard Hatch (former "Survivor" champ)
Meat Loaf
Mark McGrath
Jose Canseco (retired baseball player)
Lil' Jon (rapper
Niki Taylor (model)
Hope Dworaczyk (reigning Playboy Playmate of the Year)

Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/06/11 10:15 PM

I hate almost everybody on that list lol. But this could be good tv though. Gary Busey is such a goddamn retard. I can't wait to hear him explain how beautiful and great Jesus Christ is.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/07/11 06:24 AM

Jose Canseco... wow... I thought that was him in the brief commercial spot I saw for this. Still not gonna watch it, tho...

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/09/11 03:36 AM

Wow...David Cassidy has to be the biggest pussy in reality tv history. I'm sure he's a nice guy and everything, but damn! Slap a pair of tits on him and he's a woman.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/09/11 01:56 PM

You talk like that in front of your mother, Vinny? tongue wink

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/09/11 03:43 PM

No, my mother doesn't speak English.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/09/11 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
Wow...David Cassidy has to be the biggest pussy in reality tv history. I'm sure he's a nice guy and everything, but damn! Slap a pair of tits on him and he's a woman.

I felt bad for David being the first one fired but he DID come across as a bit of a weenie and Richard Hatch skillfully turned the tables on him.

I don't think David would've gotten too much respect had he stayed around long enough to be a project manager.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/09/11 04:42 PM

No, my mother doesn't speak English.

Just out of random curiosity, what is your mom's native language?

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/09/11 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa

I felt bad for David being the first one fired but he DID come across as a bit of a weenie and Richard Hatch skillfully turned the tables on him.

I don't think David would've gotten too much respect had he stayed around long enough to be a project manager.

It was definitely tough to look at it. I just wanted to shake the guy, tell him to fight, anything other then do what he did. Trump had no other choice.

As far as Hatch goes, he's an arrogant prick, but at least he can fight for himself and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes far here.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/09/11 06:23 PM

...was definitely tough to look at it. I just wanted to shake the guy, tell him to fight, anything other then do what he did. Trump had no other choice...

He had a bit of a chance to stay, too...until he kept looking to Jose for support like a big brother.

What I'm really looking forward to is first time the women's team loses. The ladies are always about sisterhood and women working together harmoniously...but when those cats are scratching at each other to stay on the show it is truly going to be something to see! (They already went at it a bit even before hearing they won the task...!)

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/09/11 10:43 PM

I'd love to have Meat Loaf win. It's just very hard to root for anyone here. I really don't like the majority of the people. And why is Gary Busey not in some cage? I don't feel safe walking the street with that guy loose. LaToya Jackson is also creeping me out. I'm sure she's a nice lady and everything, but she's creeping me out. But I will say this, I LOVE Marlee Matlin. Not because of the deaf thing, there's just something really beautiful about her. Don't know what it is. Maybe her smile or something.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/10/11 12:17 AM

I love Marlee too....always have. That NeNe from Real Housewives is going to be hard to shut up when she gets going and it doesn't seem to take much to get her going.

It's difficult to pick a favorite this early in the game, better to watch each episode and see how everybody handles themselves. The most interesting thing about the Boardroom is that sometimes it's obvious who should be fired but then after a bit of questionning somebody can say JUST the wrong thing and back themselves into a corner and that is when Trump (and the Jr. Trumps) shows no mercy. It happened to Cyndi Lauper last season; amazing to watch.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/13/11 11:51 PM

Richard Hatch back in prison.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/20...ent-back-prison

Geez...I sure hope he's not one of the two finalists.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/18/11 05:01 AM

Felt bad for Lisa Rinna. She seems like a classy lady. The fact that she got bullied into managing these closed minded bitches, namely Star and Dionne, was a sad thing to watch. No healthy human being could've managed these women. Do they even fucking bleed? The only other female who showed a lot of class was Marlee Matlin, who has always been great. She's a true queen. The more I see her express her views, the more I love her.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/19/11 10:48 PM

I agree about Lisa, she is a VERY classy lady. But...

Lisa did not manage the task well, and did not defend herself well in the Boardroom. The last thing you want to do as task manager is to ask everybody for ideas right off the bat. It indicates lack of leadership and that's when people like Star Jones go in for the jugular. They bullied her into managing for a reason...to eliminate her.

I cannot wait to see that old bag Dionne Warwick fired. She was incredibly demeaning & disrespectful to Marlee in this episode...and I'll be watching to her behavior in upcoming shows.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/20/11 02:57 AM

I was disgusted with Dionne Warwick's behavior. You look up the c word in a dictionary and there's a picture of Dionne Warwick right underneath it. I hope Trump tears her to pieces in there.

As far as Lisa goes, I think she's a much better leader than Star or Dionne. I also disagree with what you said. One of the best things a leader can do is ask his underlings for ideas. All great leaders take advantage of other people's minds. That is smart, because then you're not working with one mind anymore. You're strengthening your strategy. That is not a lack of leadership. That is smart leadership. Lisa's biggest flaw was being afraid in the boardroom. I think we all sensed that, but somehow she never lost her composure. That is strength. That is class. I think the Donald made a big mistake by firing Lisa Rinna.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/20/11 01:10 PM

... One of the best things a leader can do is ask his underlings for ideas. All great leaders take advantage of other people's minds. That is smart, because then you're not working with one mind anymore. You're strengthening your strategy. That is not a lack of leadership. That is smart leadership...

That is absolutely true in the real world, and when you've actually GOT the job. But not in the world of The Apprentice (Celebrity or otherwise...).

I've seen too many times a task manager asking for ideas & suggestions and then getting pounced on for lack of leadership if the task was lost, and even before that. That's just what happened to Lisa.

The problem with Dionne Warwick is that for a while people MIGHT be deferential to her because of her age & showbiz status. One of the women even said (I think it was NeNe) that is is difficult to argue with a 70yr old music legend. Ms. Warwick seems to know that and is taking full advantage of it. We'll see how long that lasted for her.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/20/11 02:08 PM

You're right and that's the problem with The Apprentice. They want the leader to do everything, like that is what always makes a good leader. Sure some people are truly exceptional leaders and don't seem to need anyone. Well, good for them. The biggest problem Lisa had was her own team. Like you said, they wanted to get rid of her from the start. I don't blame her for being a little shook by that. Anybody is gonna have a tough time managing a team that wants you gone and talks to you like you're a child. The disrespect they showed her was disgusting. That negative environment was entirely caused by Star and Dionne. Does Trump really work in an environment like that?

Dionne's status is definitely playing a huge role in how the others are playing the game. I don't know, I've never been a fan of her music and if I ever met her, I'd talk to her the same way I talk to John Doe. Why be afraid to stand up to someone like that. What the hell is she gonna do? Hire a hitman. LaToya is another player that bothers me immensely.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/20/11 03:24 PM

...that's the problem with The Apprentice. They want the leader to do everything, like that is what always makes a good leader. Sure some people are truly exceptional leaders and don't seem to need anyone. Well, good for them. The biggest problem Lisa had was her own team....

The Apprentice is a competition reality show. The purpose is to WEED out and find a good leader amongst many contestants who alternate from working with each other to working against each other. Once your team loses, somebody has to be fired and The Boardroom is where Trump looks for what he needs in an Apprentice, not who he likes better as a person. If Lisa's lack of leadership led her to The Boardroom then that was where she could have saved herself by blaming Star and/or Dionne for the loss. Trump gave her several chances to do that. When a task manager is NOT fired, it is because they successfully made a member of their team come off as the weaker candidate. That is what Richard Hatch did the week before and what Lisa Rinna could not do.

Look out for when NeNe is a task manager because she will probably not ask for, nor be interested in the ideas or opinions of anybody.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/20/11 04:35 PM

Sometimes the leader isn't the problem. In this case, the leader was fine for the most part. The problem were the underlings. I know what this competition is about and I know what Donald Trump is about, but I don't always agree with his way of "weeding out" the contestants. Trump wanted Lisa to attack Dionne and Star for their part, mainly because they wrote and conceived the story. But ultimately, it was Lisa's decision. I don't think this matters, because they lost by so little. They could've won this, but I think the main reason they lost was due to the toxic environment created by Star and Dionne. They were tough to control and pretty much bullied their way through the task. You can't have people like that on your team. And this is what Lisa talked about when she defended herself, but apparently you and Donald Trump didn't hear it. Or understand it.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/20/11 05:03 PM

Actually, Lisa wasn't fine as task manager, wasn't fine as a leader, knew she wasn't ready to manage a task but let herself be talked into doing so...and pretty much conceded all of that, which was one of the things Trump didn't like.

When your team loses, either monetarily or via decision like this one...it doesn't matter if it's by alot or a little. A loss is a loss and somebody has to be fired. But...from what I recall of the episode, they lost by more than a little. I remember discussions that children had no concept of 'shy', and that the print was WAY too small for a children's book. Lisa could have blamed Dionne & Star for both these things, which then could've been thrown back at her for ok-ing both as task manager.

Which is why the Boardroom decision usually comes down to personalities and passion and how you scratch & claw your way out of a corner. Holly Robinson lost every task she managed last season and still managed to make it to the final two because of how she fought in the Boardroom. Trump wants to see passion and fight and wants a candidate to convince him WHY they should stay and/or somebody else should go. He does not want to see somebody admitting they weren't ready and didn't do well in controlling their team.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/20/11 08:33 PM

I've worked with good leaders for many years and believe me when I tell you this, Lisa Rinna is a good leader. The best leaders are kind people who are willing to listen to their group. Imagine how things would've went if she'd had a manageble team. A team who runs on positive energy. People like Star and Dionne could never be good leaders, because they poison the workplace. They don't last. They're arrogant motherfuckers who have too much pride to admit they're mistakes. Lisa showed strength and class by what she said in there. When somebody tells me they have a lot of things left to learn or they can do better, that does not mean the person is soft. But I guess it does to guys like Donald Trump and The Apprentice is his show. I know what it's about, but I'll continue to voice my opinion about it.

The decision to go with the story was ultimately Lisa's decision. The task manager has the final say. Except in this case, Lisa was almost bullied into going along with them. She voiced this, but like I said, it fell on deaf ears. Another thing to remember is Lisa was all alone. She was shaking and she could've crumbled, but she didn't. A beautiful and classy woman from A to Z.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/20/11 10:04 PM

... People like Star and Dionne could never be good leaders, because they poison the workplace. They don't last. They're arrogant motherfuckers who have too much pride to admit they're mistakes. Lisa showed strength and class by what she said in there...

Star was the winning manager the week before. Her project raised more money than any task in Celebrity Apprentice history. She had the same group to manage as Lisa did (and got the same attitude from Dionne, by the way).

I agree that Lisa showed strength and class. What she did NOT show was good leadership. She knew it, and she admitted it. And she was fired.

ONWARD to tonight's episode...only 3 hours away!!!

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/20/11 10:17 PM

...The decision to go with the story was ultimately Lisa's decision. The task manager has the final say. Except in this case, Lisa was almost bullied into going along with them...

This statement alone points to bad leadership.

Any manager who allows themselves to be bullied (or intimidated) into going along with their team's decision...is neither a manager nor a leader.

At one point, Lisa asked Star over the phone to approve something...Star refused, as she was not the task manager. This was VERY wise on Star's part because it pointed away much of the responsibility in case their team lost.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/20/11 11:25 PM

...The decision to go with the story was ultimately Lisa's decision. The task manager has the final say. Except in this case, Lisa was almost bullied into going along with them...

This statement alone points to bad leadership.

Any manager who allows themselves to be bullied (or intimidated) into going along with their team's decision...is neither a manager nor a leader.

At one point, Lisa asked Star over the phone to approve something...Star refused, as she was not the task manager. This was VERY wise on Star's part because it pointed away much of the responsibility in case their team lost.

I agree, but I said almost bullied. Pay attention. I never saw Lisa budge. What I did see were two women with a very bullying attitude. It's funny you mention Star being "VERY" wise when she refused to approve an idea Lisa had. Are you forgetting that Star wanted to have 'WRITTEN BY STAR JONES' on the cover of the book and Dionne wanted 'CONCEPT BY DIONNE WARWICK' right underneath that? Yeah, that's smart lol. Especially on The Apprentice where people who fight for credit are usually the ones with the biggest targets on their backs. But what did Lisa do? She refused to go a long with it. As hard as they tried to bully her into going a long with this, she did not budge. A good leader puts his team first and that's what she did. It was a team effort. Nothing more, nothing less.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/20/11 11:40 PM

Yes, I agree that one of the few times Lisa did show backbone on her task was in her refusal to put Dionne & Star's names on the book. She was right in that. And aside from that, she was bullied (not almost bullied) during the task itself. She couldn't even give a pre-performance pep talk without Dionne slapping her down.

And they lost.

Lisa didn't budge in the Boardroom in her standing up to the other two women. But she was also never able to articulate why either one of them should be fired instead of her.

What she DID do was admit to ALL her shortcomings to Trump, over & over. I really wanted her to stay but she dug her own hole & stepped right in. So as Trump said...he really had no choice but to let her go.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/21/11 12:07 AM

Yes, I agree that one of the few times Lisa did show backbone on her task was in her refusal to put Dionne & Star's names on the book. She was right in that. And aside from that, she was bullied (not almost bullied) during the task itself. She couldn't even give a pre-performance pep talk without Dionne slapping her down.

And they lost.

Lisa didn't budge in the Boardroom in her standing up to the other two women. But she was also never able to articulate why either one of them should be fired instead of her.

What she DID do was admit to ALL her shortcomings to Trump, over & over. I really wanted her to stay but she dug her own hole & stepped right in. So as Trump said...he really had no choice but to let her go.

You need to watch this show again. She did not talk about her shortcomings over and over. She admitted she had a lot of things left to learn, but have you ever met anyone who doesn't have a lot of things left to learn? I haven't.

As far as the pre performance pep talk goes, I was DISGUSTED by that shit. All I could think was, are these women serious? It really didn't matter she did, it was never good enough. You think she got bullied into shutting up lol ? What the fuck are you gonna say to a person who doesn't want to hear your voice or anything you have to say? Are you gonna go tell them to go fuck themselves? Are you gonna put a shotgun to their heads? No. The more she tried, the more they resisted her! These bitches could NOT be managed. In a situation like this, there isn't much you can do. Fucking period.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/21/11 12:38 AM

...You need to watch this show again. She did not talk about her shortcomings over and over. She admitted she had a lot of things left to learn, but have you ever met anyone who doesn't have a lot of things left to learn? I haven't...

Admitting that was completely honest of her...but not very encouraging to Trump. She admitted to several things that got her in deeper & deeper trouble, beginning with not wanting to manage the task in the first place, and being talked into it even though she thought she wasn't ready. She admitted to crumbling under the pressure. Not what you want to hear from your next Apprentice. Trump had to fire somebody...and Lisa proved the weakest of the 3. On top of being the losing task manager.

And no, I don't need to watch it again. Because whatever happened, Lisa Rinna is gone, that's not going to change, and I'm now revved up for Episode 3 which is less than a half hour away.

Gary Busey managing the men this week...oughta be good!!!!

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/21/11 12:55 AM

The fact that she was the project manager is a good reason to fire her. And she was fired. It's just sad she got fired before Star and Dionne, two of the most toxic people in the history of reality television.

Yeah, Gary Busey lol. I can't wait to see that. If he wins, then I'll take back every bad thing I've ever said about him. 'Cuz he's either a fucking genius or a demented lunatic who should be committed to a psychiatric hospital ASAP.
Posted By: fathersson

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/21/11 01:24 AM

She was set up to fail by Star and Warwick even before the event.
They were the ones who did the shit job, then threw her under the bus. all the while shifting focus back to her when they were called out by Trumps kid.

She wasn't smart enough to fight back and stand her ground like the two bitches did so Trump let her go.

Just like before, shit workers alway blame their boss because they let us do it!
She should of really stuck it to those two, but she was to much of a lady to do it like they did to her.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/21/11 01:52 AM

Great. Another country heard from lol.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/21/11 10:44 AM

Tonight Trump had the two teams bitching about their team mates even before they found out who won!
It will not be long before the good peoples on the ladies team will be all gone, and the bitches will start turning on each other....See how quiet Richard Hach is after his near miss... lol

Gee, why even put Gay Busey on this shown, now you know that the show has jumped the shark....I know just saying how lame it is...

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/21/11 11:12 AM

Great. Another country heard from lol.

I'm sorry, this wasn't a private conversation was it?
If so I'll move out of the way and let you two have your space...

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/21/11 11:49 AM

Hi, fs!!! Definitely NOT a private converasation in fact I was hoping somebody else would eentually join in!!

They've been doing that this season, having detailed dialogue even before the winning team is announced. I think Trump likes to see how they interact without them knowing whether they won or not. Plus they seem to be 2hr episodes so gotta streeeetch!!!

Gary Busey is ok...just a little quirky I think due to that motorcycle accident from 1988 which h e freely talks about. Broken skull & all...
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/21/11 01:27 PM

Don't follow the show, but I did catch that Richard Hatch is being sent back to jail. Is filming done or has he been taken off the show?

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/21/11 02:08 PM

Taping is completed when they get down to the final two. Then the finale in which Apprentice is hired is usually live.

Which is why I mentioned earlier it would be interesting if Hatch made it to the end. Frankly, I hope he didn't. Don't think Trump would care to hire him after all this...
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/21/11 06:49 PM

Thanks Apple. I caught a news report that said Trump may consider paying Hatch's debt to the government. Don't really know if this fixes Hatch's legal problems though.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/21/11 11:50 PM

I don't care if Nikki Taylor doesn't know which century we're living in. She just owned that show. So much class. Even more class than Lisa and I never thought I'd say that. The Donald's face was priceless when she told him how she felt about her team. I personally would've gone after Dionne, but I ain't Nikki. Hope she does well with whatever she plans to do.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 12:15 AM

I agree, Nikki was fantastic last night. Furthermore, she had NOBODY to blame for the loss but herself as her team did not follow the instructions of the task. The minor altercation with Dionne Warwick was not enough to go after and that old bag will get hers in future episodes I am sure.

Anyway, Nikki handled Dionne's arrogance pretty well and her other teammates will (hopefully) soon tire of giving free passes to the woman they now refer to as a 70 year old music legend.

Can't wait....

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 01:33 AM

I wanna see the Donald headbutt the fuck out of Dionne when he fires that disgusting piece of shit. And then I wanna see an intense Annie Duke walk in, only to beat Dionne severely with a fucking toner cartridge. Finally get Jose Canseco to drag her lifeless body out of the boardroom and throw her down an open elevator shaft. Imagine the ratings.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 02:17 AM

...Finally get Jose Canseco to drag her lifeless body out of the boardroom and throw her down an open elevator shaft. Imagine the ratings.

Can't they just send her away to San Jose?

I believe she knows the way.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 02:28 AM

...Finally get Jose Canseco to drag her lifeless body out of the boardroom and throw her down an open elevator shaft. Imagine the ratings.

Can't they just send her away to San Jose?

I believe she knows the way.

Jose Canseco takes out both bitches with a baseball bat would be grteat ratings= whistle

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 02:31 AM

By the way, what did you think of Gary, Apple? He seems to really hate how the others perceive him. It's obvious that Gary's vagina can't take a punch.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 03:30 AM

I like Gary. He's obviously a bit quirky and odd looking due to his motorcycle accident injury which he describes in detail on the show (thanks to his own stupidity in refusing to wear a helmet). But underneath all that whackiness is a pretty intelligent & VERY nice guy. You can tell by how focused he was when talking about Marlee Matlin helping him to get a hearing aid.

I think he's right about the others, he feels there is an alliance forming against him. It probably WAS difficult working with him but it couldn't have been easy to hear all of that criticism...I don't know if he'll go all the way but I hope he gets to kick some ass.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 12:00 PM

Yeah, I think you're right for the most part. A good guy, but a little confused. I can understand why the others find it difficult to work with him. A little funny to see the problems between Gary and Lil Jon. For some reason, Gary can't let anything go if somebody criticizes him.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 12:29 PM

I bet most of them feel that Gary is no challenge in this game.
So he becomes an easy target. Just like Richard Hatch, you can almost hear the other say. What a joke these guys are.

I for one like Meat Loaf. I think he showed his true emotions and the kind of guy he real is.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: fathersson
I bet most of them feel that Gary is no challenge in this game. So he becomes an easy target...

I'm betting most people felt the same about Bret Michaels last season.

Sometimes you advance by sheer luck...I remember when Michaels should've been fired, as a task was lost because of his mistake. But the task manager absolutely refused to blame him and so Trump fired the manager instead.

That's the beauty of this show, especially the Boardroom segment...you really don't know who is going to eek through.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 01:32 PM

How Bret Michaels won that shit is still amazing to me. He just floated along. And then Annie Duke lost to Joan Rivers! It was ridiculous.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 01:49 PM

How Bret Michaels won that shit is still amazing to me. He just floated along. And then Annie Duke lost to Joan Rivers! It was ridiculous.

VG- to this day I just don't understand how they let that Bitch Joan River win over Annie Duke.

You have to feel that the Donald had to let her win or he would have never heard the end of it. The way she acted over everything was way over the top. And who ever heard of having a mother and a daughter play on the same game. Talk about the deck stacked.
Then you had to listen to her yell and scream that her kid was being shafted and that she was going to walk off the show- She had bigger balls then Trump!
Joan was the bigger star then poor card playing Annie Duke is what people said, but Annie has ten times the class those two "Rivers Rats" ever thought of having.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 02:05 PM

...And who ever heard of having a mother and a daughter play on the same game. Talk about the deck stacked. Then you had to listen to her yell and scream that her kid was being shafted and that she was going to walk off the show...

Joan & Melissa Rivers seem to do EVERYTHING together these days, except when Joan is onstage. Their recent reality show was popular I hear...but a bit staged as well (aren't they all). The Rivers ladies sorta became a team when they used to do those award show fashion reviews a few years back.

That season I had just started watching when Melissa was fired and my god I never heard such whining in my life - from Melissa, who was convinced there was an alliance against her. Which may have been true but THAT was a totally classless, undignified exit. Joan was just standing up for her kid which you can't blame a mother for doing.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 02:39 PM

"You're a poker player. A poker player!!! I've been around your kind in Vegas for many years and none of them have last names darling. None of them!"...that was Joan Rivers talking to Annie Duke. How Annie Duke found the strength to smile in her face and not stab her through the heart with a fucking pencil is beyond me. Annie should've won. She was smart as a whip and classier than most women.

Now how can I describe Melissa. The first word that comes to mind is the c word. If that was my kid, I could not in good conscience stand up for that moron.

And let's not forget, Melissa's father and Joan's husband killed himself. You think that's a coincidence?

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 03:22 PM

"You're a poker player. A poker player!!! I've been around your kind in Vegas for many years and none of them have last names darling. None of them!"...that was Joan Rivers talking to Annie Duke...

I remember that well!! I believe Annie's response was to calmly say, "Poker players are very nice people." Of course she had to keep her cool, and did it well.

Although I didn't watch that season from the beginning I did not like Annie at all...she seemed kind've skanky to me. Frankly, I was happy Joan won.

As for Edgar's suicide...that was a very long time ago, back in 1987. I believe he was depressed at having failed to advance Joan's career, as her talk show at Fox (for which she stabbed Johnny Carson in the back) failed miserably. I think Edgar produced the show.

As I recall he went into hiding & was found in a hotel, suicide note & all, having overdosed. It was a very cowardly thing to to...but not sure how it relates to Joan & Melissa today. I always admired Joan for picking up the pieces and getting on with her work & life.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 03:28 PM

" Frankly, I was happy Joan won."

Apple, tell me it isn't so.... cry

smile smile smile

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 03:42 PM

" Frankly, I was happy Joan won."

Apple, tell me is isn't so.... cry

smile smile smile

Well, he's entitled to his opinion. Nothing we can do really. We have to sit back and take it.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 03:52 PM

...Well, he's entitled to his opinion...

Make that 'she'.

I've always liked Joan Rivers, think she's a blast.

I'd like her a little better if she hadn't had her face completely distorted by plastic surgery...but what the heck if it makes her happy that's her business.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 04:00 PM

She? That De Niro pic in your avatar really threw me. I was sure you were male. I had pictured you as an opinionated fisherman.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 04:22 PM

Well, I am opinionated and I like fish.
So, close enough.

As for the DeNiro avatar...I liked the expression.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 05:17 PM

Read all about it in "The Dailey Apple"

"APPLE called out as a man
Reporter defends herself during Lent"

Tuff like a man, but smells like a women -

lol

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 05:59 PM

Not surprised you like fish Apple.

Hey what did the blind man say when he passed the fish market?

"Good morning ladies!"

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 06:20 PM

whistle
Posted By: SC

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 06:37 PM

Behave yourself, Vinny.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 08:07 PM

I don't understand. Women tend to like fish. Last time I bought fish, which was yesterday, I was the only male there. My mother loves fish, even more than my dad and he adores fish. Speaking of fish? Does anyone have a favorite kind? I like salmon.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/22/11 11:57 PM

Thanks alot for reuning a perfectly good thread.

VinnyGorgeous...you're FIRED.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/23/11 12:21 AM

Being fired isn't so bad. I'd love to be fired by Trump. I'd be honored.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/23/11 01:22 AM

Been fired before Vinny? whistle

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/23/11 01:34 AM

I don't understand. Women tend to like fish. Last time I bought fish, which was yesterday, I was the only male there. My mother loves fish, even more than my dad and he adores fish. Speaking of fish? Does anyone have a favorite kind? I like salmon.

Vinny, you keep back peddling like this and you will be back on Monday lol

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/23/11 01:41 AM

Oh, good...just in time to discuss the next episode.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/23/11 01:49 AM

Hell yes I have. Best thing that ever happened to me was getting fired. I've also been very close to getting fired several times. Gotten a thousand warnings. What can I say, I like to have a good time.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/23/11 01:59 AM

Hell yes I have. Best thing that ever happened to me was getting fired. I've also been very close to getting fired several times. Gotten a thousand warnings. What can I say, I like to have a good time.

That's it...we have to make Vinny poster of the month!

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 03/30/11 01:21 AM

Couldn't be happier about seeing that arrogant bitch Dionne get fired. What a pathetic human being. The second she said "fire me", Donald's face turned into stone. I thought he was gonna pull out a shotgun and finish her off that way lol. It was beautiful.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 04/05/11 03:43 AM

The fact that Donald Trump decided to fire Richard Hatch over that dysfunctional head injury patient tells me he's only thinking about ratings. That was a stupid move. Richard Hatch was simply not in a position to raise money and anyone knows who he is knows that. This means he was done before the task even started. While I do agree that raising money is the most important thing here, you've got to take Hatch's situation under consideration. I actually don't like the guy, but he's a hell of a player. He is probably the most focused player there and extremely thorough. It is quite obvious that people don't like him and I think that's why Marlee said what she said. I don't think it has anything to do with business. Marlee Matlin is a beautiful human being with a beautiful heart and because of that, she may not be able to make the best business decisions. I do think she did an amazing job as task manager, but that speech about Gary and saying Hatch should be fired was not the right thing to do. If however this was only a strategic move on her part, then I've definitely miscalculated Marlee Matlin and she's not the person I thought she was. It would make her look low and manipulative.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 04/05/11 03:44 AM

Richard Hatch didn't even get a chance to defend himself.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 04/05/11 11:56 PM

Trump did point out in his words, '...To be fair...' that Richard had spend 4 years in prison and therefore would not know as many wealthy people as the rest of the group.

However, the task WAS about which team raised more money and the men came up short and Richard apparently raised the least money.

That said, I think Marlee Matlin single-handedly saved Gary Busey by coming to bat for him, as it was clear all of his teammates were throwing him under the bus. I think Trump DOES like him and didn't want to let him go yet and therefore needed a quick scapegoat in his place. Hence the firing of Richard Hatch. Trump is the boss, it's his show and he can fire whomever he wants for whatever reason he wants.

I did feel a little bad that Richard was given no chance to defend himself...but too bad, consider it payback for his aweful treatment of David Cassidy on the first episode, when he (Richard) was the losing task manager.

And ratings???? This stuff is filmed months in advance, and while it airs the next season is already in production. Trump knows he's already got massive ratings and that will not change...I doubt seriously that he needs to worry about ratings when he's in the Boardroom deciding who to fire next.

And I like Gary. Marlee and Trump are correct that he is seriously underestimated by his team.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 04/06/11 12:01 AM

I think Marlee's words definitely sealed Richard's fate and that's unfortunate. Trump isn't nearly as clever as he thinks he is. And as far as rating go, I think we all know he's trying to keep the show interesting. Everybody wants to see Busey and nobody wants to see Richard Hatch. That's a fact.

But Busey being underestimated by his team? Oh hell no lol.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 04/06/11 12:58 AM

Trump doesn't need to keep somebody on that he feels should be fired, just to keep the show interesting. It's already interesting, no matter who stays and who goes. One of the really entertaining things about the Boardroom is that it can appear that a particular person is clearly about to be fired and then it can turn on a dime based on a single statement.

Trump really does like Gary and based on what the other men said he would probably have had to fire him if Marlee had not stepped in.

Let's remember Gary Busey won the task he managed, and Richard Hatch's task is the only one that the men's team lost.

Anyway, based on scenes from next week it appears Gary may not make it to the end...unless his team keeps winning!!!

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 04/06/11 02:21 AM

The only people defending Gary Busey are the people who aren't working with him. Would Trump or Marlee be saying the same thing if they were working with him? I seriously doubt that and based on what we've seen, he is definitely screwing up that team's rhythm. Everybody on the men's team have complained about his lack of focus. You need to have A LOT of patience if you're gonna try to manage him. One of the task managers even likened it to baby sitting. That IS a tough statement. I just feel sorry for the guy.

I'm still rooting for Marlee though.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 04/06/11 02:38 AM

Yes, unfortunately it does appear that he is very difficult to work with. I don't know how much longer he'll last...but I still like him.

Incidentally, I though LaToya was terrific, donating her brother's t-shirt and designing the winning cap that emulated Michael's sequined glove. She is another class act and hard worker, who seems to be constantly thrown to the wolves by her teammates.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 04/06/11 02:57 AM

Oh yeah I will definitely echo those words. LaToya is just beautiful to me and I actually never thought I'd say that, but how well can we know someone by just reading the tabloids? Turns out, not much. The way she talked about her brother being an angel really touched me. You could see the tears in her eyes and hear her voice starting to shake. If I had been Michael Jackson, I would've been proud to have her as my sister. Class act all the way.

By the way, what did you think of Meat Loaf's meltdown?

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 04/06/11 11:27 AM

Jail or no jail, who in the world would Richard Hatch know that he could raise any kind of real money? He was a nobody before he was on that show and other then being in the news for his trouble, he is a nobody now.

Gary B. is a whack a doodle and he is more of a problem then having the real bitches of TV on the Girls team.

If they hadn't shown it a thousand of times before the show, I would have never thought Meatloaf would explode like that...Keep that up and Meatloaf will be grabbing his chest while the others are calling 911.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 04/06/11 12:38 PM

...If they hadn't shown it a thousand of times before the show, I would have never thought Meatloaf would explode like that...

What fs said.

I've seen one or two biographies on Meat Loaf. He's had problems like this in the past and were it not for the anger management he's already had probably would've exploded even worse than that. Been known to blow up and/or completely lose his voice before concerts all of it is emotionally based.

The suddenness of his outburst was freaky to watch. His apology to Gary was heartfelt and I think he knows how badly he behaved.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 04/06/11 04:56 PM

Being annoyed with Gary is one thing, but to lose it like Meat Loaf lost it is another. Imagine how he is when there's no cameras rolling lol. This was absolutely nuts. Meat Loaf doesn't just need anger management. He needs psychiatric help. I must say I felt really really bad for Gary when that went down. Poor guy's suffering from severe head injury and can't do shit about it.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2011 - 04/06/11 08:28 PM

Gary had been getting on Meat's nerves back over the past few tasks. I believe he even said at one point that if Gary wasn't kept away from him he would probably lose it at some point. This imagined theft of the paint supplies was what put him at the breaking point. He was just looking for an excuse to explode, probably knew it would happen and couldn't do a thing to stop himself.

Back to Richard Hatch...after Jose Canseco left to be with his dying father, Richard hinted that this may have been a setup for a planned exit. Very nasty & coldhearted. All the more reason he deserved to go.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET