Home

Cosby

Posted By: Don Dallal

Cosby - 07/20/09 01:30 AM

hey everyone ! I have a request and i realy hope that anybody out there can help me..
there was a show on tv Called (Cosby) not the cosby show, it stars bill cosby as a man named Hilton Lucas who is married to Ruth Lucas (also played by phelecia rashad) and they only have one daughter , the show aired from 1996 to 2000 , and i cannot find it anywhere its not released on DVD and it is no where available online for download ,
anybody who has this sitcom on videotape or dvd or anything please tell me

here is the imdb link of the show:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115144/

thank you all for your help in advanse..
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Cosby - 07/20/09 02:15 AM

I can't help you as far as finding the shows, but I remember it. I liked the guy from Cool Runnings in it. I may be wrong, but I think he was Bill Cosby's son-in-law in the show?

Posted By: olivant

Re: Cosby - 07/20/09 03:38 AM

Don't forget that Bill had two shows in the 60s and 70s also besides I Spy.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Cosby - 07/20/09 05:28 AM

I wasn't alive, so I forget... what were they?
Posted By: Don Dallal

Re: Cosby - 07/20/09 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
may be wrong, but I think he was Bill Cosby's son-in-law in the show?

thats Doug E Doug (Grifin in the show) he was Cosbys daughtr friend he loved her but they stayed friends, he later lived in cosbys basement ..ur right he is hillarious !

please help me find this show guys
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Cosby - 07/20/09 01:51 PM

Did you try blinkx.com?? They have lots of old shows.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Cosby - 07/20/09 03:54 PM

I never seen that one. Was it good?

Re: Cosby - 07/20/09 04:28 PM

1965-68 I Spy
1969-71 The Bill Cosby Show
1972-73 The New Bill Cosby Show
1972-77 Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids
1976 Cos
1981 The New Fat Albert Show
1984-92 The Cosby Show
1996-99 Cosby
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Cosby - 07/20/09 04:38 PM

I liked it a lot. I remember they had really high hopes for it, but it just didn't pan out. I guess they were expecting another "The Cosby Show," which was kind of unfair to the new cast. I remember Frank Vincent played an old friend of Bill Cosby's in one episode. He played a retiree living in Florida (not a mob type, like he usually plays). I also remember a "crossover" episode with "Everybody Loves Raymond," where Ray Romano played his Ray Barone character. It was a funny show.

Olivant, "I Spy" and "Get Smart" were my absolute favorites as a young kid in the mid '60s. I thought Robert Culp was soooo friggin' cool, which is odd, considering that I came to loathe "waspy" country club types later in life lol.

Re: Cosby - 07/20/09 05:15 PM

PB, I remember one particular line from I Spy spoken by Culp. He was about to fight a guy and he said "I'm all talent for ya." Of course, Maxwell's inevitable, oft repeated line from Get Smart: "Would you believe ..."
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Cosby - 07/21/09 05:38 PM

If I recall correctly, Bill Cosby didn't want to have young or teenaged children in the show, specifically so that it would NOT be expected to be another 'Cosby Show'. However, bringing back Phylisha Rashad as his wife (because of their chemistry on previous show) did kind've make you long for the rest of the old cast.

It was a good show but fairly or not, could not distinguish itself from the shadow of its predecessor, despite Cosby, Rashad and a good supporting cast (including the great Madeline Kahn, who was given a 'tribute' episode shortly after she died).

I've seen it rerun here & there on local channels, but nor sure it will ever be available on dvd.

Apple
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Cosby - 07/21/09 10:16 PM

Didn't he play a cab or bus driver in the show?

Anyway, with the death of Cronkite, I believe that Bill Cosby is the quintissential American icon. Before Cronkite I thought it was Bob Hope.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET