Home

2008 American Idol

Posted By: Mignon

2008 American Idol - 01/23/08 02:09 AM

Let's discuss the show. Did anybody watch it tonight?
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/23/08 05:55 AM

Every night. ;\)

There were a few colorful characters (to say the least) to laugh at, and some good singers -- but so far something seems a little lacking this season. Will see what happens tomorrow, but it still won't stop me from watching. \:D

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/23/08 01:47 PM

That hippy looking guy with the long finger nails and that huge fan made me laugh.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/23/08 09:49 PM

This part of the show is too silly. Fun, but silly. Until they really get down to the finalists, there isn't much too discuss. They don't even show you most of the people that got put through to Hollywood until the montage at the end.

SPOILERS AHEAD

I did read that the Irish girl from last night is a favorite, and that she's sure to be put through as a finalist.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/24/08 02:04 AM

I don't know why I watched the show tonight. Boring!! But it was nice seeing footage of Charleston. We use to live there many moons ago.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/24/08 05:17 AM

Tonight was pretty weak. What was it? 10,000-something contestants and only 20-something made it through?? \:o \:o Maybe they need to try another city next time

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/24/08 05:57 PM

I think we've all seen it before, and that's why it's getting boring. We've seen the kooks, we've seen the people who curse at the camera, we've seen the people who won't stop singing, even when the judges tell them to shut up. Been there, done that.

Let's go to Hollywood!!

Btw, I found the editing interesting. You'll see a montage of bad singers and then you see the judges making faces. From what I understand, those people never get in front of the judges, but are singing for the camera and a few producers, and the judges are edited in afterwards. Realistically, you couldn't expect Randy, Paula and Simon to listen to 5,000 people in a day, could you???

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/24/08 06:00 PM

I think you're right about all of it, SB

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/24/08 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I think you're right about all of it, SB

See, that's the way to a woman's heart - just tell her she's right! ;\)
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/25/08 04:05 AM

Do Simon, Randy, and Paula really listen to every single one of those people in each arena? It doesn't even seem possible. I wonder if there are people who screen them before hand and then let the best and worst through for the show.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/25/08 12:58 PM

I think Paula would be a raging alcoholic if she had to do that.

Then again, having to listen to her perform her new song during the pre-game super bowl show we all may become alcoholics.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/25/08 01:26 PM

I thought she already was.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/30/08 02:57 AM

These auditions are boring me. When does Hollywood shows start?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/30/08 03:33 PM

Who thought Paula was drunk/high last night?? At one point, she actually hiccuped rather loudly!! Simon's reaction to her was priceless.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/30/08 07:35 PM

Last Night’s Idol: Paula’s Wackiest Moments
January 30, 2008
• Plane delays” keep her from arriving on time for the auditions in Omaha, Neb.

• Arrives 16 minutes into Tuesday night’s hour-long broadcast, wearing sunglasses as she strolls into the audition venue

• Puts her head on the judges’ desk and falls asleep

• Arm wrestles Rachael Wicker, 23, of Richmond, Mo., and loses

• Switches jobs with host Ryan Seacrest and leaves the audition room to interview contestants

• Dances and claps enthusiastically to an audition of “I Heard It Through the Grapevine”

• Gets the hiccups

• Stands up and leans over the desk for no apparent reason, prompting judges Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson, “What are you doing?”

• Throws her arms up above her head and yells “Touchdown!” after the final contestant’s audition

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/30/08 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Who thought Paula was drunk/high last night?? At one point, she actually hiccuped rather loudly!! Simon's reaction to her was priceless.

Didn't he call her a disgusting pig?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/30/08 08:21 PM

He looked like he would have preferred to be anywhere else on the planet, that's for sure.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/30/08 08:22 PM

She has to be all an act. How could they justify keeping Paula on if that's the real her.

If they want to increase ratings just get Britney on as a judge during a manic episode.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/30/08 08:23 PM

If she's acting, she deserves the Academy Award.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/31/08 12:38 AM

I can't wait to hear this guy sing tonight from Miami

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/31/08 01:04 AM

Why is this very pretty girl belching like a pig? And did Simon just tell Paula that she's looking slutty??

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/31/08 01:13 AM

She seemed proud she can burp like a pig

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/31/08 01:17 AM

Well, she certainly couldn't sing.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 01/31/08 01:23 AM

Gotta love Randy's red shoes.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/07/08 04:17 AM

Hollywood is next week.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/08/08 12:29 AM

I thought Fantasia couldn't be any more of a freak. I was wrong. Eeek!

Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/08/08 01:04 AM

That is one scary looking woman.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/08/08 01:09 AM

Beth, I could swear I posted a reply to that picture! It's verrrrry scary.

I am so sick of the Auditions From Hell, and really looking forward to Hollywood. And I can't wait to get Mean Simon back. Who the heck was this guy hugging everyone and being NICE!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/08/08 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Beth E
I thought Fantasia couldn't be any more of a freak. I was wrong. Eeek!

Whatever trips your trigger
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/08/08 03:47 PM

I don't really know if I'm watching this year. I haven't been watching the city auditions and I'm 50/50 on whether to watch the Hollywood or Top 24 rounds. Last year, I felt Idol became a caricature of itself. It was no longer about finding talent, but about creating buzz for the show.

In any case, I'll probably get sucked in if the Top 12 is strong from top to bottom and there's actually a real contest.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/19/08 10:41 PM

Anybody gonna watch the men perform tonight?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/19/08 10:48 PM

Absolutely! 3 nights of Idol this week!

And then we can finally start talking about which contestants should stay or go

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/19/08 10:51 PM

Are you gonna vote any Geoff? Two of the guys I wanted to make it didn't.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/19/08 10:58 PM

I think the judges probably made a couple mistakes for the Top 24, but we got who we got. Not sure how often I'll be voting -- depends on if I feel someone needs any "help" to stay ;\)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/19/08 11:01 PM

I wanted that kid who lives out of his car cuz I felt sorry for him also I wanted that guy who had curly brown hair and wanted to be a politician. But alas they didn't make it.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/20/08 01:59 AM

UGH!! Stupid homeless Josiah. He wouldn't stop crying and crying. He was arrogant and full of himself, dismissing the band in Hollywood. And then he sucked.

I did like Kyle the politician. I think that they did him a big favor, because as much as I loved him and his sunny nature, the media would have made him this season's Sanjaya.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/20/08 02:32 AM

The guy on now the Leif Garrett look-a-like is from Ohio. Cool.

Well He's ok not great though.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/20/08 04:49 AM

I had to wait 2 hours to watch it as I had some guests over, but I think they all did pretty well night -- there were no big clunkers or anything. Not all were perfect, but none sucked. I think the judges were a bit harsh on some of them.

If I recall correctly looking at their faces, I liked: David A, David C, and (I forget, they look similar) either Luke or Michael. When they post the videos online I'll narrow it down. ;\)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/20/08 05:23 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot to add... Paula is apparently back on the drugs.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/20/08 12:36 PM

My hands down favorite is David Archuleta. He's just amazing. Sweet, cute, likable, and very talented. I also liked David Hernandez.

Simon made no sense last night. He told them every single song was too old-fashioned, but they were singing 40 year old songs, so I didn't get his point.

And, yes, Paula was babbling about colors and all sorts of nonsense. Not enough seal claps, though.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/20/08 06:41 PM

I like them all except for Danny Noriega he just irked me. And Luke Menard I had trouble hearing him.

Colton Berry does look like Ellen DeGeneres
Jason Yeager looks like Donny Osmond

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/21/08 03:31 AM

I think that Simon has been sipping from Paula's cup. WTF? Did he make sense at ALL tonight? Be upbeat, but not as upbeat as Brooke? We don't want to remind anyone of soap bubbles, or whatever.

Personally, I hate Amanda. I find her incredibly annoying, and I'm quite bored with her one trick already.

As for the rest, I think a few did very well. The rest were meh.

Edit: By the way, considering that Frank Sinatra recorded The Shadow of Your Smile in the 1940s with Tommy Dorsey, how did it become a song from the 1960s??

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/21/08 04:37 PM

By the way, considering that Frank Sinatra recorded The Shadow of Your Smile in the 1940s with Tommy Dorsey, how did it become a song from the 1960s??

According to this it's from 1965, the Oscar-winning Love Theme from The Sandpiper. Maybe you were thinking of "I'll Never Smile Again"?

Anyway, I pretty much agree with you. I thought the ladies started out slowly, but some were really good. The judges were way too harsh last night!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/21/08 06:10 PM

I WAS thinking of I'll Never Smile Again! Does this mean I'm getting old??

The judges were bizarre. None of their criticisms made any sense. Randy loved the beginning of one song, Simon liked the end. When the poor girl (not sure which one) tried to be diplomatic about accepting their critique, Simon said, "How are you going to listen to it all? If I liked one half and Randy liked the other half, who are you going to listen to?"

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/22/08 12:31 AM

German "Idol" faces fine for teen humiliation

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/22/08 01:12 AM

That Top 24 Sixties medley was pretty cool

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/22/08 01:23 AM

"Leif" Garrett Haley was the first voted off, and I think that was a pretty correct call. His rendition was pretty boring, and in his goodbye performance he was flat all over the place. But I really thought he'd last longer being that the early rounds tend to be beauty contests...

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/22/08 01:31 AM

A goodbye to Amy Davis -- I didn't think her boring rendition of "Where the Boys Are" was going to get too many votes, either...

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/22/08 01:49 AM

Another one bites the dust: Super-sized model Joanne Borgella. A shame, I thought she was one of the better ones. I really would rather her go on than one-trick-pony "Rock" Amanda. \:\/

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/22/08 01:59 AM

Chikezie vs Colton. Probably the right choices. I probably would've given Colton another shot, though.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/22/08 02:00 AM

PS - Mega-Congrats to FOX for actually ending a live show ON TIME FOR ONCE!!! \:o \:o ;\)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/22/08 02:36 AM

Chikezie vs Colton. Probably the right choices. I probably would've given Colton another shot, though.

I agree with you Geoff I would've sent Chikezie packin. I was surprised that the rockin nurse almost got her walking papers.
But I would've kept the plus size model if it was me.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/22/08 01:06 PM

Nurse Wretched?? UGH! That performance of hers was a complete and total disaster. She mumbled, she slurred, she growled and she shouted. Were there words? Was there a melody? If there was, I couldn't find it. And could someone please tell her that makeup is not supposed to be applied with a trowel?? I officially hate her now.

I liked Joanne and I liked Colton. He definitely should not have gone before Chikezie/Jacuzzi.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/22/08 01:33 PM

The nurse was pretty bad no doubt.

What did you think of Paula's video? What I seen of it it wasn't too bad.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/22/08 01:42 PM

I thought that her voice was so computer-generated that it was ridiculous. And I expected more dancing. Isn't that what she's known for?

Btw, I forgot to add that Simon was a complete and total ass to Colton last night.
Posted By: Sicilian1

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/22/08 04:21 PM

This is what Yahoo is saying about Idol today.

http://tv.yahoo.com/show/34934/news/urn:newsml:tv.ap.org:20080222:tv_american_idol

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/27/08 01:07 AM

OMG!! What the hell was that?? Michael Johns blew BIG time, and the judges gave him a tongue bath. Simon was the only one who came close to being truthful.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/27/08 03:39 AM

I watched the show tonight but I was not impressed. That might be cuz I wasn't really paying to much attention. But I did see chickcheesy get one over on Simon.
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/27/08 02:53 PM

OK - I haven't been watching the show until I turned it on near the end last night. The last guy has a really excellent voice - the best male voice I've hear from AI in awhile. Has he been as good throughout the show?

I might keep watching just to see how he does.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/27/08 03:25 PM

Some of the guys really brought it last night. After what was IMO an abysmal start, some of them gave excellent performances. I thought David Hernandez did an outstanding job. Even Chikeze (or however you spell it) was pretty good. But you're right, DS. David Archuleta took on John Lennon and did an amazing job. We are definitely loving him in our house.

Plus, he looks like a hobbit, so he's fun to have around.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/28/08 02:24 AM

Hey SB, Did you see that Alaina is just like you when it comes to food touching?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/28/08 02:28 AM

Pssst, Mig - check out the ShoutBox. ;\)
Posted By: deadmeadow

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/28/08 05:06 PM

I think this season actually looks pretty promising. Lots of good talent...very interested in seeing what happens...

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/28/08 05:46 PM

Pssst, Mig - check out the ShoutBox. ;\)

For posterity:

[J Geoff]
Amanda is butchering one of my favorite songs

[J Geoff]
...and nice hair, Cowardly Lion!

[Sicilian Babe]
It was BAD!

[Sicilian Babe]
Not sure if she sucked more last week or this week. Nurse Wretched!!!

[J Geoff]
Haha Alaina no-food- touching ;\)

[Sicilian Babe]
I will vote for her for that alone!! She's now my girl!

[Mignon]
You were the first thing I thought of when I heard that SB. But you don't use seperate forks do you?

[Sicilian Babe]
I'm not THAT OCD. lol

[Mignon]
That nurse has got to go. She scared me with that hair.

[Sicilian Babe]
In her film, with the bandana on, she actually looked very pretty.

[Mignon]
Yes she did. I don't know what it is with the hair people on that show.

[Mignon]
Last year it was Sanjaya's weird hair.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/28/08 06:03 PM

Yes, because God forbid that should be lost.

In case you were interested in my opinion about last night's episode: I thought that Syesha was better than the judges gave her credit for, I thought that Brooke did a very nice job, and, in spite of wanting to hate her, I thought that Carly did well, too.

As for the rest, they ranged from the meh (ALush, Alaina, and Ramele) to the downright awful (Amanda, Kady).

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/28/08 09:30 PM

Is Kady the one who can immitate Britney and can sing Opera?

I thought Carly was great and so was Brooke.

Who should go home
girls the nurse and Kady
boys Danny Noriega

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/29/08 01:21 AM

Jason's the first to go: I think that's a good call

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/29/08 01:29 AM

c'mon Kady or Amanda...?

Bye bye... Alex?? Shit, Amanda is safe \:\/

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/29/08 01:32 AM

What is wrong with the voting public?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/29/08 01:39 AM

c'mon Kady...

Shit! Alaina... Crybaby...!? BYE! \:p ;\)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/29/08 01:42 AM

I cannot believe the voters!!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/29/08 01:42 AM

Voting public 0-2 with the girls.

I feel sorry for Alaina.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/29/08 01:46 AM

Me, too. She wasn't gonna win the thing, but she surely deserved another chance compared to Kady and Amanda! WTF? \:\/

(And I feel bad for calling her a crybaby... she's only 16 )

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/29/08 01:57 AM

Luke vs Robby...

Robby goes home

Voters: 2-2 for guys I think

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/29/08 02:19 AM

And I feel bad for calling her a crybaby... she's only 16 )

Bully! \:p
I guess my votes last night went to waste, because I voted for both Alex and Alaina. The guys were the right ones, but Kady and Amanda should be gone.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 02/29/08 02:22 AM

I thought Danny should've went home but I don't think Donny Osmond would've stayed much longer.

Luke vs Robby it didn't matter to me one way or the other.

If Kady and Amanda make it to the top 12 something is wrong. I can see it now they will be another Sanjaya.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/01/08 08:42 PM

Studdard to "Celebrate" losing "Idol" contestants
 Quote:
By Ann Donahue Fri Feb 29, 9:43 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - To paraphrase "The Godfather: Part III" -- just when you think you're out on "American Idol," they pull you back in.

Season-two winner Ruben Studdard will perform the "farewell song" used to send off the losing contestants when they depart the top 12. This year, the song will be a cover of Kenny Loggins' "Celebrate Me Home."

It's a significant gig for Studdard, who was dropped by J Records at the end of 2007. He is, however, still managed by the show's 19 Entertainment and under contract to subsidiary 19 Recordings, a link that paved the way for him to return to the show as the song's performer.

"Ruben has never left our fold," "Idol" executive producer Nigel Lythgoe says. "(With) the success that we've had with the play-off song, I wanted to keep it in-house."

The "American Idol" season-five farewell song, Daniel Powter's "Bad Day," went on to sell 1.9 million copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan, and was the top digital download of 2006.

As part of the show's new sponsorship this season by iTunes, "Celebrate Me Home" will be made available digitally starting March 12, the day the first of the top 12 will be eliminated. In addition, it is expected to be included on one of the compilation albums annually released by "American Idol," according to 19 Entertainment U.S. head Iain Pirie.

"Celebrate Me Home" was selected after Lythgoe suggested the tune to Pirie and show creator Simon Fuller. "Each year we think about what's going to reflect that really special TV moment," Pirie says. "Musically and lyrically, it fits it perfectly."

Pirie says Studdard was chosen to record the track in part because of the warm reception he received for an appearance on last season's "American Idol" finale. Studdard is in negotiations to perform the song during "Idol Gives Back," the show's midseason charity effort.

Loggins' version of "Celebrate Me Home," originally released on an album of the same title in 1977, has sold 73,000 downloads, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

It's traditionally thought of as a Christmas tune, but the first line of the song -- "Home for the holidays" -- has been excised to make it less seasonal, Lythgoe says, while Studdard has given the track an updated feel.

Reuters/Billboard

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/05/08 03:29 AM

That was one of the best Idol shows in a long time. The guys were all decent at minimum, and some of them were very good.

I loved David H., David Cook and Jason Castro, who sang one of my favorite songs in the world. I thought that the three of them were head and shoulders above the rest in vocals and/or creativity.

I think that David A. will be fine. He was good, but not great. Luke, Michael, Chikezie and Danny ranged from meh (Luke) to fairly good (Chikezie).

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/05/08 04:00 AM

The guys were all pretty good, and I think the judges were mostly wrong (again). But I think it's time for Luke and Michael to go.

Idol Gossip: David H was a stripper at a Phoenix gay bar (not that there's anything wrong with that) and Danny Noriega reminds me of YouTube's Chris Chrocker... ;\)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/05/08 06:42 AM

Former stripper permitted to stay on "Idol"
 Quote:
Tue Mar 4, 9:16 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "American Idol" producers are shrugging off the latest sex scandal to hit the top-rated U.S. television show, saying contestant David Hernandez can stay in the competition despite his past as a stripper.

"We've had strippers on the show before," executive producer Ken Warwick was quoted on Tuesday as telling the Web site TVGuide.com. "We're never judgmental about people who do things like that.

"If it were some sort of heavy porn, then maybe we'd have to take action. But certainly not on this."

Warwick's comments came as media reports surfaced that Hernandez, 24, had worked as an adult entertainer at a Phoenix strip club where he appeared nude and performed lap dances for a mostly male clientele.

The Fox network, which broadcasts "Idol," declined to comment on the matter. But sources close to the show said Hernandez would remain in the competition until, or unless, he gets voted off by fans.

He was one of eight male contestants to perform on Tuesday's broadcast, two days before the current assembly of 16 semi-finalists is winnowed to 12. He advanced to the current round last week after winning glowing praise from all three judges with his performance of "Papa Was a Rolling Stone."

The circumstances surrounding Hernandez are reminiscent of a scandal in 2003 when contestant Frenchie Davis, whose powerhouse vocals dazzled the judges, was dismissed from the show following the discovery that she had posed topless on a pornographic Web site.

"Idol" producers felt Davis' case crossed a line because she had appeared on a site that purported to feature sexually explicit photos of underage girls, said a person close to the show who was not authorized to discuss the situation publicly.

Last year, another female contestant, Antonella Barba, created a stir after several racy photos of her showed up on the Internet. She was allowed to remain on the show but was voted out by fans.

In 2005, the show was rocked by claims of former contestant Corey Clark that he had engaged in a sexual relationship with celebrity judge Paula Abdul two years earlier. An internal inquiry by Fox found no evidence to support his allegations.

Reuters/Nielsen

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/05/08 11:32 AM

I'd shove some singles in his G String. He's pretty hot.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/05/08 01:09 PM

Yeah I thought that they were good except for Danny N. and Chikeze was so-so.

Danny N go home!!!!

I wonder if Nurse Wretched will take Simon's advice and do something with her Halloween hair?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/05/08 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geofff

I just seen that on the Today Show just a few minutes ago. He can give me a lap dance.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/06/08 01:21 AM

What is with the judges? Nurse Wretched was still not GOOD, she just wasn't awful. I love Joan Jett, and she completely ruined that song for me. I just can't like her.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/06/08 02:21 AM

My ratings for tonight...

Syesha (B+) - Saving All My Love
Asia'h (B) - Dance With Somebody
Carly (B) - Drove All Night
Brooke (C+) - Love is a Battlefield
Kristy (C+) - Faithfully
Ramiele (C) - Take a Look at Me Now
Kady (C-) - Forever
Amanda* (D+) - Hate Myself for Loving You (Simon said "fantastic" and best of show! \:o \:o )

*This week's "Vote for the Worst" contestant, along with Danny.

Same Bottom 2 as last week for me. And again, Luke and Michael for the guys... Go ahead, America, vote off some better talent again! \:\/

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/06/08 12:57 PM

Kady and Amanda both were terrible. At least Amanda had better hair this week.

Kristy and Brooke were ok but I thought they were to yodely.

I thought Carly was the best of the evening. The rest were ok.

Going home Kady & Amanda(I doubt it though)

Boys Danny N & Luke

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:02 AM

Should go: Kristy and Kady, Luke and Michael.

Although Luke is useful as eye candy.

And Blake's back!! YAY!!!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:17 AM

Where did I read that the producers have practically decided to sign David A and David H regardless if they win -- and how they don't like any of the girls this year? Oh yeah, good ol' TMZ...

FIRST ROUND OF RESULTS: GUYS

David Cook is... safe
David Archuleta is... safe (of course)
Jason Castro is... safe

(break)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:21 AM

I think that Jason Castro is a dark horse. He's super talented and has great eyes. David A may go the way of Melinda last year.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:24 AM

I like David A, but he does get pretty breathy \:\/

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:25 AM

Mancrush. \:p

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:25 AM

I think he's very, very good, but I can see him getting annoying and "gloomy" after a while.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:27 AM

FIRST ROUND OF RESULTS: GIRLS

Brooke White is... safe
Syesha Mercado is... safe
Kady Malloy is... OUT!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Mancrush. \:p

Breathy when he sings \:p

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:29 AM

Why do I have to listen to her sing AGAIN. UGH!!! Stop singing!!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:29 AM

Ugh, Kady. Terrible voice and dress.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:33 AM

Ugh, Kady. Terrible voice and dress.

Oh no, now you even want to dress the women Geoffy?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:34 AM

It's bad enough if my ears hurt, but my eyes, too? \:p

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:35 AM

You know you have a Seacrest screensaver on your computer.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
You know you have a Seacrest screensaver on your computer.

Doesn't everyone?

MORE GUY RESULTS...

David Hernandez is... safe
Michael Johns is... safe

Down to three!

Luke Menard is... OUT!

(2 for 2)

Busted!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:37 AM

Luke's dress is ugly, too

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:39 AM

He's so pretty, though.

It's never good to sing songs with the words "go", "good-bye", or similar words in them. That pretty much guarantees you a sing-out.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:39 AM

Eww, Paula's pits are sweaty \:x

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:40 AM

So it's Miss Danny vs Chikezie. Tough one....

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:41 AM

Eww, Paula's pits are sweaty \:x

Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww.

She used to be so hot too, when she was younger.

Pills and booze age you far beyond your years when you play around with them. Especially pills, they give you that bloated Liza Minelli look.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:43 AM

She's still pretty hot - she's aged very well I think!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:44 AM

Yeah, she still looks pretty good.

Just nuts.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:44 AM

Little teeny Ram is in!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:47 AM

MORE GIRLS...

Ramiele Malubay is... safe
Carly Smithson is... safe (of course)
Amanda Overmyer is... safe (SHIT!)

And then there were two...

Asia'h Epperson
vs
Kristy Lee Cook

(break)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:51 AM

Randy picks Kristy to stay... Simon picks Asia'h... Paula couldn't pick...

Who stays?

Kristy

(They BOTH should've stayed rather than Amanda!)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:53 AM

I agree. SO hate Amanda. And I thought that Apostrophe Girl was more talented than either Amanda or Kristy.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:54 AM

So who's last to go, Danny or Chikezie?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:55 AM

My daughters just said, Geoff's right! Paula's pits ARE sweaty!!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:57 AM

Danny Noriega
vs
Chikezie

Chikezie is.........SAFE!

Awww, girl-friend! *snap*

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:57 AM

Bye bye Danny Boy!! Oh, Paula, STOP!!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:58 AM

"Vote for the Worst" didn't work I guess.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 02:00 AM

Eww, her sweat is growing and growing

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 03:04 AM

I missed most of the show tonight. I missed Kady sent packin Damn. I thought for sure that would send chikize(sp) home. I'm glad Danny & Kady are off my tv.

Now we have to put up with Nurse Wretched and her Halloween hair for another week or more.

I'm happy I picked 3 out of 4.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 05:03 AM

These are the nicknames that VFTW has given the Top 12

Amanda "Cruella DeVille" Overmyer
Brooke "Skeletor" White
Carly "Lying Heffer" Smithson
Chikezie "Jacuzzi" Eze
David "GASP!" Archuleta
David "Greaseball" Cook
David "Gay Stripper of Melisma" Hernandez
Jason "Wanna Get High" Castro
KKKristy Lee Cook
Michael "Douchebag" Johns
Ramiele "Lullaby" Malubay
Syesha "Syscreecha" Mercado

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/07/08 01:10 PM

That is funny. They hit the nail on the head with Amanda.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/12/08 12:43 AM

Chikezie was great tonight! And I don't think anyone was more surprised than Chikezie. So far, he's done the best job.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/12/08 04:48 PM

Besides the roundup at the end, I only caught DA's performance (was at my brothers and didn't realize it was a 2-hour show) and for once didn't like him that much. But I did get to see it in HD at least. I'll watch it later before the results show....

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/12/08 05:51 PM

DA was a mess. He forgot the lyrics, he was out of tune. The judges were kind. Amanda did her typical scream, twitch and growl. Carly was not bad. Kristy Lee was a disaster. Brooke was lovely. Other than that, a sea of meh.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/12/08 11:01 PM

Yep SB is right. Also Amamnda was back to having Halloween hair.

VFTW is none other than Nurse Wretched.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/12/08 11:53 PM

Okay, I just watched last night's performances. I'm not sure if it's because I love these songs or what, but I thought this week was one of the better weeks overall this season.

Here are my grades as far as initial impression, which were very tough to assign. Judges did not influence my grades, but some were adjusted in relation to others throughout.
 Code:
B+  David C (Eleanor Rigby) 
B+  Carly (Come Together)
B   Amanda (You Can't Do That)
B   Chikezie (She's a Woman)
B-  Brooke (Let It Be)
B-  Syesha (Gotta Get You Into My Life)
C+  David H (I Saw Her Standing There)
C+  Kristy (Eight Days A Week)
C   Jason (If I Fell)
C   Michael (Across the Universe)*
C   Ramiele (In My Life)
C-  David A (We Can Work It Out)

*No one can cover that song like Rufus Wainwright did, so don't even try! It may've been rated higher otherwise. ;\)

I think most everyone did "a'ight" -- probably because I love the songs. There were no horrendous catastrophes except DA's forgetting some lyrics. But I'd be shocked if that cost him this week.

I actually liked Amanda's performance quite a bit. And I thought Kristy's bluegrass Beatles was fun (like Hayseed Dixie, who cover AC/DC and other rock songs just like that -- and it's great!).

If I had to pick someone to leave at this point, I'd probably pick DAVID H. The rest have either proven themselves in the past, or started to this week. He, to me, just doesn't cut it for a Top 10 or Top 8.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 12:39 AM

I can't stand Amanda. I am so sick of that pony's one and only trick.

And you actually liked Kristy Lee? Simon got it just right - she sounded like Dolly Parton on helium.

And, please. They already took Luke away from me (deservedly so, but he was so PRETTY). Let me have David Hernandez for a few more weeks. FWIW, I think he actually has a very good voice. He just cheeses it up too much.

And you ranked Chikezie 4th???? I thought he was outstanding last night.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:02 AM

Well, you could look at Chikeize being tied for 2nd ;\) But c'mon, pick a genre or four in one song! ;\)

It's still a singing competition \:p ;\)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:12 AM

Did I just get a glimpse of Sanjaya?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:14 AM

Methinks that Syesha's in trouble....

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:15 AM

Carly is safe...
Michael is safe...
Jason is safe...
Syesha is.... Bottom 3 ???

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:17 AM

Leave Jason alone. Every season should have a stoner, and he's ours.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:19 AM

what did I say about Jason?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:22 AM

You seemed surprised that he was safe and Syesha was B3.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:27 AM

Chikieze is... Safe
Amanda is... Safe
David C is... Safe
Kristy is... Bottom 3

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:28 AM

You seemed surprised that he was safe and Syesha was B3.

They all coulda/shoulda been safe ;\)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:30 AM

OMG that was Sanjaya

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:31 AM

That song was almost worse than last night. Yikes. And she's a bit cocky, too, isn't she??

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:31 AM

I wonder what he's been up to?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:32 AM

That song was almost worse than last night. Yikes. And she's a bit cocky, too, isn't she??

Send her packin!!!!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
I wonder what he's been up to?

Who cares? \:x

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:35 AM

Wouldn't it be funny if someone asked David about the strippin?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:39 AM

Katharine McPhee looks absolutely stunning.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:40 AM

McPee is no better than the rest

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:44 AM

But she looks very good in a silver mini.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:47 AM

The stripper might be going home.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:49 AM

David A is... Safe
Brooke is... Safe

Ramiele vs David H...

Ramiele is... Safe
David H is B3

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:58 AM

America wants David to go back to strippin.

I think he should've stayed longer.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:58 AM

Bottom 3...

Shayesha is... Safe!

Kristy vs David H

...David H leaves us... Sorry for SB, but as I said, the correct call I think...

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 01:59 AM

And goodbye dear David, my stripping hottie. Sorry to see you go. I think you had the most vocal potential.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 02:00 AM

The last milking of a failed Idol: Ruuuuuben sings the newest "goodbye" song... And a forgettable one at that...

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 03:20 AM

Well at least now he is doing something.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 10:09 AM

My wife gets all upset when the person she thinks should go - Kristy - doesn't. But I tell her, if it isn't this week, it will be soon. If you look at the 24, they cover the range of country, rock, pop, soul - very well orchestrated by the "judges". This is a slick show. Kristy has lasted because she represents the country vote. Hernandez was destined to go. Of the pop guys, he was good, but I think the stripper thing accelerated his demise.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 10:43 AM

Although the show is packaged as a talent show that looks to discover new talent, the show is actually about ratings. And this year, it is my understanding that many of the contestants are actually quite professional (especially Carly).

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/13/08 12:00 PM

I seen that on tv as well SB.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/16/08 09:03 PM

"Ken Lee"

A contestant in the second season of the Bulgarian show "Music Idol" performs Mariah Carey's song "Without you" in fake English....

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/16/08 09:57 PM

Lovely!!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/18/08 12:14 AM

Phil Stacey video

I like it.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/18/08 12:54 AM

I saw Simon on Oprah today. He was very funny and he's obviously a very bright man. He was also quite kind to a young couple who had written to Oprah for help. Their little toddler has cancer, and they want to have one parent with her at all times. However, their mortgage payment is too high for one of them to stop working. Simon promptly paid off their $162,000 mortgage. He also told them that he would forever be this little girl's guardian angel, and that his help didn't end with this check.

I never thought that Simon would touch my heart, but he was actually rather sweet. He also then showed the Cowell we all know by telling Oprah that it never occurred to him that giving might feel good. When Oprah expressed her disbelief, he said, "Nope. In 48 years, I never even considered it."

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/18/08 04:16 PM

Why are they doing the Beatles again tonight for?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/18/08 09:10 PM

I never thought that Simon would touch my heart, but he was actually rather sweet.

We saw the sweet Simon last year when they showed clips of him and Ryan in Africa. It's nice to know his blunt and callous judging demeanor is more an act for the show.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/19/08 12:24 AM

Oh, Amanda please shut up!! Simon was 100% right. You are boooooring and I am sick and tired of having you shout at me.

Kristy, you suck. Personally, I hope you leave and take your Confederate Flag with you. Perhaps if you had been blowing Simon out of his socks all along, he wouldn't hate you so much.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/19/08 12:28 AM

Don't sugarcoat it, Babe.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/19/08 12:55 AM

I do have that habit of being coy, don't I??

Well, David was very good, I thought Michael was OK, and Brooke was decent if not up to her usual excellence.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/19/08 02:03 AM

I agreed w/ the judges more this week, but still I disagreed on a few (I didn't like Yesterday as much as they did)

Code:
A  DavidA   (The Long & Winding Road) - BRILLIANT
B+ DavidC   (Day Tripper)
B  Carly    (Blackbird)
B  Amanda   (Back in the USSR)
B- Brooke   (Here Comes the Sun)
B- Chikezie (I've Just Seen a Face)
C+ Michael  (A Day in the Life)
C  Jason    (Michelle)
C- Ramiele  (I Should've Known Better)
C- Syesha   (Yesterday)
D- Kristy   (Hide Your Love Away) - HIDEOUS

I watched it w/ my best friend who's the biggest Beatles fan on the planet, and a musician. He also "hates" everything and everyone, including Idol. ;\) But he was so impressed by D.A. that he wanted to see it again. "I've been trying to hate this kid, but he's gonna win it - he's great". I actually FELT his conviction, and it was a beautifully sung song.

Kristy needs to go.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/19/08 03:06 AM

I actually saw several of these performances tonight. It was the first episode of the season I watched.

I agree with SB about Amanda, who gave an uninspiring version of a great song. I thought she was bad.

The kid in the dred locks was average.

Of the ones I saw, I'd have to say the best were Day Tripper and Yesterday.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/19/08 05:38 AM

Originally Posted By: klydon1

You must've missed this one, then... ;\)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/19/08 11:56 AM

The ones I seen tonight were:

Amanda-I wanted to throw a brick at her.

Carly- Great as always. I love her singing and talking voice.

Syesha - In her long dress did a good job.

Chikezie - Sounded like that soul patrol guy tonight.

The others I seen but didn't pay attention to cuz I was on the phone with Bec and doing laundry.

B3 Amanda,Kristy,Ramy

BTW Pickler sings tonight

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/20/08 01:23 AM

Carly the first in the Bottom 3 ??!?!?!! WTF??

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/20/08 01:25 AM

Kristy sucked so bad last night, and she is.......... Bottom 3

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/20/08 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: klydon1

You must've missed this one, then... ;\)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DGSBbTbbbRM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DGSBbTbbbRM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

He's pretty darn good...but where's the rest of him? \:D

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/20/08 01:32 AM

Carly the first in the Bottom 3 ??!?!?!! WTF??

If she goes home it will be the same as Chris Daughtry. People automaticly thinking she is safe.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/20/08 01:35 AM

The Pickler sure HAS "grown" \:o \:D

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/20/08 01:50 AM

Who joins CARLY and KRISTY in the Bottom 3? AMANDA!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/20/08 01:56 AM

CARLY is SAFE! *whew*

Okay, so I have no problems now w/ who goes... ;\)

Who's going home?

AMANDA is gone! (And I didn't think she was that bad the past couple weeks. But Kristy was horrendous yesterday!)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/20/08 01:56 AM

And Amanda goes before KKKristy??? WOW! Did NOT see that coming! Yet, I'm not upset. This means that they all get to tour, and yet Amanda doesn't.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/20/08 02:01 AM

I thought the Top 12 toured?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/20/08 02:03 AM

I think only the Top 10. I might be wrong.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/20/08 02:16 AM

I thought last year it was the top 12. Who knows?

Bye Amanda best of luck. VFTW didn't work. Hopefully Kristy will be next to leave.

Elliott is so tenderhearted.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/20/08 02:24 PM

Elliott?? I missed Elliott??? DAMNATION! He's on of my favorite contestants ever (him and George Huff).

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/20/08 07:24 PM

I thought last year it was the top 12. Who knows?
....... Hopefully Kristy will be next to leave.

Elliott is so tenderhearted.

Elliott is cry baby (that's a guy way of saying tenderhearted). Only kiddin', he is an emotional guy, which makes him endearing.

Top 10 will tour, so that means that Wooden Kristy will get to hone her dancing skills. Amanda's choice of Back in USSR was not a good pick. Vocally it goes nowhere. She needed to do a torchy blues song. If anything, Kristy is nicer to look at....better than Lily Munster's ugly sister.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/20/08 08:12 PM

MC, you big meanie!! Picking on poor Elliott "I'm half-deaf and can still sing better than you" Yamin.

What I think is funny is that Carrie Underwood, who they couldn't wait to crown, was completely unable to emotionally connect to her songs (see her smiling throughout "Independence Day", a song about an abused woman who kills her man), yet Kristy's stiffness bothers them.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/23/08 12:34 PM

MC, you big meanie!! Picking on poor Elliott "I'm half-deaf and can still sing better than you" Yamin.

What I think is funny is that Carrie Underwood, who they couldn't wait to crown, was completely unable to emotionally connect to her songs (see her smiling throughout "Independence Day", a song about an abused woman who kills her man), yet Kristy's stiffness bothers them.

Meanie?! I resemble that remark.

All kiddink aside. I liked Elliot BECAUSE of his emotional response.

I wasn't into the Idol too much until the year after Carrie Underwear. But what you said about her emotional unconnectedness...she played in A.C. a few weeks ago. She opened for Keith Urban. The A.C. Press gave Urban glowing reviews, but they were a not as gushing about Carrie. They pretty much said that her performance was dull. Consider too that Dallas Cowboy QB Tony Romo was dating her and then took up with Jessica Simpson. Maybe he found her too unemotional.

I'm pulling for Kristy. She won't win, but she's not as bad as some people say. Right now I might take her over fake-smile Say-yes-sha.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/26/08 01:39 AM

Again I disagree here and there...

Top 10: Songs The Year They Were Born
 Code:
A   DavidC   (Billie Jean)
B+  Cary     (Total Eclipse)
B   Sayesha  (If I Were Your Woman)
B-  Jason    (Fragile)
C+  Michael  (We Will Rock You)
C+  Chikezie (If Only)
C   Ramiele  (Alone)
C-  Brooke   (Every Breath You Take)
C-  DavidA   (You're The Voice)
D+  Kristy   (God Bless the USA)

Sorry, Kristy, but not only was that badly done, but you're looking for patriotic votes. You should've been gone last week, you should be gone this week.

Disappointed in DavidA with a lame song I considered a high school talent show performance halfway through. \:\/

I'm buying DavidC's single when it's released on iTunes. That was awesome!!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/26/08 02:05 AM

David C. was amazing. That's the 2nd performance of his that I found incredible. Syesha was also quite good, as was Michael.

Jason, Chikezie and Brooke were good, but not great. I expected more of them.

Poor David A.! Simon hit it right on the head with his comments. Not only did that performance invite cartoon woodland creatures, but David's not choosing his songs. I've read rumors of an overly controlling tyrannical Stage Dad.

Carly was horrible. She was rank and completely off. I thought it was funny that Paula said that people would run to buy her CD, considering that nobody bought the LAST ONE...

And I'm fairly sure we'll be saying goodbye to Ramiele. Zzzzzzz once again.

As for Kristy's song choice, it was quite clever, as Simon said. The little country girl is not dumb, that's for sure.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/26/08 01:09 PM

David C. was amazing.

Jason,

Carly was horrible. ......I thought it was funny that Paula said that people would run to buy her CD, considering that nobody bought the LAST ONE...

And I'm fairly sure we'll be saying goodbye to Ramiele. Zzzzzzz once again.

As for Kristy's song choice, it was quite clever, as Simon said. The little country girl is not dumb, that's for sure.

David Cook's "Billy Jean" - I'm not sure about that rendition. Re working a song can get a little pretentious, like doing it for the sake of doing something different. I can't look at the guy. The hairdo is pretentious. He can sing though.

Jason.....the goody-goody, feel good act is wearing thin. The guy is one dimensional.

Carly - screamer, in fact there was a lot of screaming going on last night.

Rami.....she's cute, but soon she will be gone. Nice voice, but not much versatility or personality.

Kristy, very slick song choice as Simon pointed out. I told my wife that she's got the Pickler factor working for her, but she's not the naive, dumb blonde. She has a decent voice, and she's cute, but she's got no fire inside or rhythymn.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/27/08 01:50 AM

BOTTOM THREE:

Chikezie
Sayesha
Jason

WTF???!

Jason is safe...

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/27/08 01:57 AM

And who's going home?

Chikezie...

A shame, especially w/ some others still in it \:\/

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/27/08 11:58 AM

And then there were 9. Cheesy was going soon anyway, although I liked him. He has a good voice, but something is missing. At this point who are the top 3? Michael John, David A, and one of the girls. None of the girls really stand out. Carly is a screamer; Sayesha is like so many other soul-singers; Rami, nice voice but kind of stuck in the pop-mode; Brooke....not a great voice, but pleasant - she can sell a song; Kristy...tick, tick, tick, she's cute but no pizazz. David Cook had his big moment, but he will go the way of Chris Dautrey - just not enough voters among the older crowd and the 13 year olds.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 03/27/08 04:01 PM

Goodbye Jacuzzi! I will miss you.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/02/08 02:08 AM

Top 9: Dolly Parton
 Code:
A   Sayesha (I Will Always Love You)
A-  DavidA  (Smokey Mountain Memories)
B+  Carly   (Here You Come Again)
B+  Michael (It's All Right)
B   Kristy  (Coat of Many Colors)
B   DavidC  (Little Sparrow)
B   Jason   (Travelling Through)
B-  Brooke  (Jolene)
C-  Ramiele (Do I Ever Cross Your Mind)

While I may've said tonight was "boring" in the Shout Box, it's probably the week I gave the highest grades. Kristy actually did well, as I thought she would with Country. Overall, performances could've been more powerful, but I guess it's hard with Dolly....

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/02/08 10:44 AM

Although I would probably swap David C. and Carly on your list, I agree with the rest of your grades. I just can't seem to get emotional about any of the performances. None of them have said WOW to me. When I think of some of the performances from last year (Melinda's "Home", Jordin's "I'll Walk Alone", LaKisha's "And You're Gonna Love Me", or Blake's "Time of the Season), I'm still waiting for one of these contestants to make me sit up and take notice. With the exception of a couple of David C's performances, they haven't.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/02/08 11:52 AM

I missed the first half hour I forgot it was on.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/03/08 01:48 AM

This week's Bottom 3 are...

Ramiele... Kristy... and... Brooke

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/03/08 01:55 AM

Safe is... Brooke

Gone is... Ramiele

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/03/08 02:06 AM

Man, Kristy Lee Cook has got to be the luckiest girl in the world. With the exception of last week, she has been in the Bottom Three each and every results show. Somehow, she has escaped each and every time.

Bye, bye Ramiele!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/03/08 02:17 AM

VFTW might have a part in that SB.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/03/08 01:02 PM

Kristy is one step ahead of the reaper. She seems resigned to the fact, and she is just waiting for the ax to fall. Brooke was a little shook. She probably doesn't see herself as winning, but she probably didn't think the bottom 3 boogie man was going to strike on this round. I like her personality. Kristy seems a bit out there.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/09/08 01:03 AM

Top 8: Inspirational Songs
 Code:
A   Syesha   (I Believe)
B+  Kristy   (Anyway)
B   DavidA   (Angels)
B-  DavidC   (Innocent)
C+  Jason    (Over the Rainbow)
C   Carly    (The Show Must Go On)
C-  Michael  (Dream On)
C-  Brooke   (You've Got a Friend)

Screw the judges for comparing Syesha to Fantasia -- why didn't they compare everyone else to the original artists? Syesha brought it!! Kristy does country well, she should stick with it. DavidA is breathy, but always great. DavidC, I love'm - maybe I should've said a B, it was good, just not as great as usual. Jason's level of difficulty was low, but he did a'ight. Carly disappointed me a bit this week. Michael was good, but nothing special at this point in the competition of American Idol. Brooke did a'ight, nothing special. Syesha WAS the American Idol tonight.

Hell's Kitchen time!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/09/08 01:11 AM

I agree. Syesha definitely brought it, and they ripped her apart for singing a song from Fantasia. When she announced that she was going to take on Fantasia, after dipping into the Sacred Whitney Well last week, I knew she was going to be screwed. The judges do NOT like that.

I did not like Carly at all. I thought she was horrible. And I agree that David Cook was a disappointment.

Although I think that Kristy Lee does better with country, she was still completely out of tune on half the verses. YIKES.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/09/08 05:07 PM

Quote:

"Idol" fans see Archuleta winning: E-Poll/Reuters
By Dan Whitcomb Tue Apr 8, 3:01 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "American Idol" fans say baby-faced crooner David Archuleta will win the No. 1 television show's current competition, even though they picked rival David Cook as the most talented performer, an E-Poll/Reuters survey found.

As the top-rated U.S. TV talent show entered one of its most-watched weeks when it hopes to raise $100 million for charity on its "Idol Gives Back" program, fans were showing plenty of love for the two Davids.

Archuleta, a 17-year-old native of Utah, was voted the likely winner by 40 percent of "Idol" viewers polled, according to the survey by E-Poll Market Research on behalf of Reuters.

Anointed the man to beat by judge Simon Cowell after he sang John Lennon's "Imagine" in February, Archuleta tied rocker Cook as the one whom viewers wanted to win, with both getting 25 percent of the vote.

But Cook, 25, who has reworked 1980s dance hits such as Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" and Lionel Richie's "Hello" into edgy, slow-burning rock songs, topped Archuleta 31 percent to 27 percent when it came to proving his talent beyond just singing.

Irish-born belter Carly Smithson was ranked third most talented followed by folksy Brooke White, Aussie Michael Johns, dreadlock-sporting Jason Castro, country girl Kristy Lee Cook and Syesha Mercado.

Past winners such as Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, and even those who didn't win such as Clay Aiken and Chris Daughtry, have gone on to successful music careers.

"American Idol," which is hosted by Ryan Seacrest, pits singers against one another in a months-long competition for a professional recording contract.

The weekly show draws nearly 30 million viewers, making it the most-watched program on U.S. television. This season's winner will be announced during a live finale in May.

The survey, which was conducted last week, polled roughly 1,100 respondents ages 13 and over who, perhaps surprisingly, had good things to say about razor-tongued Cowell.

Even though his No. 1 trait is "rude" according to E-Poll's E-Score Celebrity data, Cowell was chosen by 64 percent of respondents as their favorite judge.

His fellow judges Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul each received about 17 percent of the "favorite" vote.

Some 85 percent of those polled said "American Idol" would be worse without Cowell, and 75 percent considered him to be the judge with the greatest influence over the way the public votes. Jackson followed with 13 percent and Abdul at 12.

But a large majority, 83 percent, said the judges had little or no impact on the their own votes.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/09/08 06:26 PM

It was so nice outside yesterday I was pulling weeds and raking leaves out of my flower beds. I keep forgetting it's on.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/10/08 01:31 AM

Idol Gives Back is always so heartbreaking...

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/10/08 08:35 PM

Unfortunately Tuesday night has been my choir rehearsal night. Bummer. Last year it was Wednesday. But regardless, I'll catch the boot 'em show tonight. David A has a special talent. David Cook is a refried Daughtry and Carly is a screamer. Michael Johns will need a big song next week to catapult him. The other 3 girls will go in order, or throw Cook in there to mix it up.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/10/08 09:58 PM

If I remember correctly, in the spirit of Idol Gives Back, they actually didn't boot anyone during this week last season, but gave all of the contestants a reprieve. It would be interesting if they didn't follow suit this season.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/10/08 11:00 PM

The Results Show is tonight, SB -- in an hour in fact ;\)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/10/08 11:57 PM

Yes, I know there's a results show. They had a results show last year, too. And then after they made us all watch for an hour, they didn't kick anyone off. From the Season 6 recap on twop.com:

"...and Ryan levels that the votes this week and next will be combined, and the bottom two are out. "We couldn't eliminate anybody on a charity night!"

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/11/08 12:23 AM

...but there was no Thursday show last year ;\)

Edit: Or maybe I'm remembering wrong...?
With Brooke safe maybe they will do that again...

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/11/08 12:24 AM

Safe:

Brooke \:\/
David C
David A

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/11/08 12:42 AM

Safe or ...?

Jason won't be B3 so guess everyone's safe?

Here's the tell:

Kristy is ...... "safe"????!!!!

B3 is Michael, Carly and Syesha??!!!!!! \:o

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/11/08 12:44 AM

Is Idol playing with us again, or mixing it up......?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/11/08 12:50 AM

Moment of Truth....

OMG another commercial...

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/11/08 12:55 AM

Syesha & Carly are SAFE

Michael... Is GONE! \:o

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/11/08 01:03 AM

I'm still shocked... But Lyrics is starting... lol

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/11/08 02:29 AM

Wow!! didn't see that coming.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/11/08 10:19 AM

Michael Johns!?! \:o We need a recount. Daughtry went when there were six and we thought that was a ripoff. This is worse. I hope these voters aren't the ones registered for the November vote.
I wonder what Paula was whispering in his ear during that extended hug?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/15/08 05:11 PM

Would you like AI winner's postage stamps?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/16/08 01:44 AM

Top 7: Mariah Carey
 Code:
B+  Syesha  (Vanishing)
B+* DavidC  (Always Be My Baby)
B   DavidA  (When You Believe)
B-  Carly   (Without You)
B-* Jason   (I Don't Wanna Cry)
C+  Kristy  (Forever)
C   Brooke  (Hero)

*Love it, but starting to get a little bit old at this point: show some variety!

DC should front a popular rock band, now. He's awesome! But right for this competition? Not sure. Syesha, I think, is consistently GREAT. DA... please... great singer, but more than a talented novelty? Carly, also consistently good - but not a great week. Jason, always strong, but also always sings safely. Kristy and Brooke -- I like country -- but one needs to go this week.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/16/08 01:48 AM

I thought that Kristy Lee was a snoozefest. I don't know why Simon has lost all affection for his ringer, but he hasn't had a nice thing to say about Carly in weeks. I was grateful for her long sleeves, though.

There's something oddly hot about Jason Castro. I hate his hair, but he has great eyes and a sexy mouth and chin. I think his voice is quite pure.

I think that a final "Battle of the Davids" would be terrific. They are the most talented.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/16/08 01:20 PM

I'm beginning to see a pattern with Geoff's scoring - Syesha. Hmmmmmmm. A little crush here maybe? \:p

Of course I missed the show last night, but I got the biased evaluation from Ms. MaryCas. She hates Kristy, can't stand Carly (screamer), loves little David, hates big David (especially his hair), likes Brooke, but knows her time is short, basically no opinion about Syesha, goo-goo for Jason (like SB). So tonight I'll catch up with the clips....after the break.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/16/08 05:28 PM

I must not be interested this season cuz I keep forgetting that it's on.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/17/08 01:17 AM

Results Show

So far...

Contestants in Group A:

Jason
Carly

Contestants in Group B:

DavidC
Kristy

...because Kristy is in it, I sure hope Group B is the Bottom 3, joined by Brooke w/ DC being safe. Or GOD FORBID the remaining 3 be the B3!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/17/08 01:28 AM

Cont'd

Contestants in Group A:

Jason
Carly
Syesha

Contestants in Group B:

DavidC
Kristy
Brooke

...and DavidA is awaiting his fate

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/17/08 01:32 AM

Let me guess, the usual: "DavidA, join the group that u think is safe" \:\/

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/17/08 01:50 AM

DavidA... is safe (no shit)

Syesha and DavidC swap places...

DA asked that shit question and chose to sit

B3 are Brooke, Carly and Syesha

(Syesha better be safe!) ;\)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/17/08 01:56 AM

Syesha is safe! \:\)

Safe is... Brooke

Bye, Kristy!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/17/08 02:29 AM

Bye Kristy!!

It was nice seeing Elliot. My sympathies on his mother passing.

I'll try to remember to watch it next week.

BTW Has anyone seen Hells Kitchen? It comes on Tuesday's after Idol. That head chef is one mean S O B.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/17/08 06:42 AM

Has anyone seen Hells Kitchen? It comes on Tuesday's after Idol. That head chef is one mean S O B.

I'm gay for Gordon, I admit it! No doubt about it... Love his shows!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/17/08 08:55 PM

Has anyone seen Hells Kitchen? It comes on Tuesday's after Idol. That head chef is one mean S O B.

I'm gay for Gordon, I admit it! No doubt about it... Love his shows!

a Man-Crush huh? \:o

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/19/08 06:07 AM

Not so much a Man-Crush* as total awe and respect for his brilliance. Kinda like Simon Cowell -- he also tells the real truth 120% of the time, whether you wanna hear it -- or it should be told -- or not. ;\)

* as opposed to, say, Al and Johnny Depp
Posted By: olivant

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/20/08 07:19 PM

Has anyone written here about "Star Search" which I believe was a predecessor to American Idol?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/20/08 07:29 PM

I used to watch Star Search years ago, when Ed McMahon hosted. I hadn't really noticed or seen the remake (2002-2004) much....
Posted By: olivant

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/21/08 03:17 AM

Well, isn't Idol really a remake of it?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/21/08 03:28 AM

American Idol is a "remake" of the UK's Pop Idol. ;\) Of course it could've been influenced by Star Search, as most things are these days on TV and in movies and on radio and in books and........ ;\) And I'm sure Star Search wasn't the first talent show on the planet, either: Remember the Gong Show?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/23/08 01:08 AM

Top 6: Andrew Lloyd Webber
 Code:
B+  DavidC  (Music of the Night)
B   Syesha  (One Rock'n Roll Too Many)
B   DavidA  (Think of Me)
B-  Carly   (Jesus Christ Superstar)
C   Jason   (Memory)
C-  Brooke  (You Must Love Me)

Syesha's still in it: easily the best of the women. It should come down to her and the two David's. Brooke simply now has to go: restarting a song on Top 6 night?? Jason didn't click with the song, and Carly was too shouty.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/23/08 02:29 AM

I thought they were all good except for Jason. I missed Brooke having to start over. Shame on her.

One thing I didn't like was how David C. ended his song tonight.

B3 Jason,Brooke,Carly

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/23/08 03:03 PM

Although I think that was a HUGE error on Brooke's part, I still think Jason deserves to go before her.

I think that Syesha and David Cook were both excellent. As for Carly, can she PLEASE put on some sleeves and get off my TV. There's something about that girl that just grates on my nerves.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/23/08 05:16 PM

I was thinking last night when Carly was singing what if Nurse wretched was singing that song? After that went through my mind I got a bad case of heart burn.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/24/08 12:55 AM

I see we're all (4 of us) coming together on opinions. My wife has that grating syndrome with Carly. The Cookster was a yawner. Brooke....ah, too bad, she seems like a sweet girl. Syesha is made for Broadway; big smile, big boobs, over-acts. Jason's heavy breathing didn't help. And the Arch-man. He's got the whole package; a little Josh Groban. My pick tonight for the showers - Jason.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/24/08 01:22 AM

The Results begin...

The Davids are brought out first: They're both safe (no shocker)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/24/08 01:32 AM

Leona Lewis? Never heard of her before... \:p

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/24/08 01:39 AM

Next up...

Syesha and Brooke: Brooke is safe & Syesha is Bottom 2 ???!!!?!?! WTF??? \:o \:o

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/24/08 01:46 AM

Lastly...

Carly and Jason: Jason is safe & Carly is Bottom 2 (whew)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/24/08 01:56 AM

And going home is..... Carly (whew!)

Next week: Syesha, Brooke ( \:\/ ), Jason, and The Davids take on Neil Diamond.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/24/08 02:26 AM

I thought she should've stuck around for a couple more weeks at the very least. Oh well \:\/

Maybe you NY/NJ locals can go watch Clay Aiken perform on Broadway huh?

I like Neil Diamond so that should be a good show. Maybe one of them will sing Forever In Blue Jeans.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/24/08 11:38 AM

Next up...

Syesha and Brooke: Brooke is safe & Syesha is Bottom 2 ???!!!?!?! WTF??? \:o \:o

Makes you wonder about the demographics of the voters. Do any of the fab 4 here vote? I don't. My wife does. She voted only for David A this week. In previous weeks she voted for 3 or 4 people. Carly does appear to be a fun-loving person, but she has that screamer upper range - not good. Lord Andy Lloyd is a strange duck, but he can sure write some incredible music. Vocally his big songs usually cover 2 octaves and this group was having a hard time with that range of notes. Brooke had the smartest choice of songs for her range; about a half an octave.

Now we switch gears to Neil Diamond. Not much beyond one octave there. "Where it began, I can't begin to know,......Sweet Caroline" and the audience goes - bah, bah, bah "Good times never seemed so good" (audience) SO GOOD, SO GOOD....Simon would fall off of his chair.....and Jason would win!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/24/08 11:47 AM

I haven't voted at all this season.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/24/08 03:12 PM

My daughter and I both vote. She has her favorites, and I have mine. We both disliked Carly, but she can't stand David Cook and loves Jason. Although I don't dislike Jason and, as stated before, find him oddly attractive, I do believe he and Brooke have overstayed their welcome.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/24/08 03:26 PM

Well I wonder what her and her tattoed face hubby will do now?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/24/08 04:10 PM

Well I wonder what her and her tattoed face hubby will do now?

Probably get more tatoos. Maybe a Simon Cowell face or American Idol logo. \:\)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/30/08 01:21 AM

Top 5: Neil Diamond
 Code:
A-  DavidA   [2) America]
B+  DavidC   [2) All I Really Need Is You]
B+  Syesha   [1) Hello Again]
B   DavidA   [1) Sweet Caroline]
B   DavidC   [1) I'm Alive]
B   Syesha   [2) Thank the Lord for the Nighttime]
C+  Brooke   [2) I Am I Said]
C+  Jason    [1) Forever In Blue Jeans]
C   Jason    [2) September Morn]
D+  Brooke   [1) I'm a Believer]

I love Neal Diamond, but I didn't think this was a terrific night overall. Despite redeeming herself a little with the second song, she still needs to be the next one to go, closely followed by Jason. The Davids and Syesha* are still my Top 3, The Davids the Top 2. After that it gets difficult to pick.

*How could Simon possibly think Syesha was the worst tonight??? I just don't get how I'm the only one who thinks she's incredible.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/30/08 01:36 AM

I also love Neil Diamond. I don't normally watch the show, but would have tuned in if I had remembered his songs were going to be performed.

I thought they would have sung Holly Holy, Song Sung Blue, or Cracklin Rose.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/30/08 10:36 AM

JG, I agree with you. Simon either hates Syesha's guts and wants her to go, or he was trying to get her a bunch of sympathy votes. I think she is really terrific. My daughter, who has taken voice lessons, was especially impressed that she was able to deliver her first performance while seated.

Jason, who has mailed in his performance for weeks now, deserves to go this week, followed by Brooke, leaving the Two Davids and Syesha in the Top Three.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/30/08 11:51 AM

The wrong person went home last week Jason should've. But that is ok since this is a popularity contest and not a singing competition.

Not that I want her to but Syesha will be in the B2 along with Jason and she will probably go home. I'd prefer Brooke to go home.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/30/08 03:19 PM

I wanted to ask what you all thought of Paula's critique of Jason's 2nd song BEFORE he sang it. Do you think her comments are scripted based on dress rehearsal OR that she legitimately had no clue who had already performed because there's vodka in that glaringly displayed Coke glass?? Just curious.

Oh, and she called Syesha "Brooke".

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/30/08 04:24 PM

Paula was totally messed up, yeah. How someone can't stay straight until after a live television program is beyond me. But yeah, she probably had her notes from rehearsal. ("I thought you sang twice"??!!)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/30/08 04:59 PM

I loved her stupid excuse saying that during rehearsals he sang both songs. You couldn't tell that in reality he hadn't sang two songs? I don't know how Idol can go on denouncing the fact she's a drunken lunatic.

In somewhat Idol related news, did anyone see the story of the 13 year old boy auditioning for Simon's other show, "Britain's got talent". This is the first time I think someone left Simon with his mouth wide open.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LExJ6oN4hUo&feature=related

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/30/08 06:02 PM

I can't believe she was able to take notes.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/30/08 06:33 PM

I can't believe she was able to take notes.

She's obviously a multi-tasker - able to drink AND see into the future.
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: 2008 American Idol - 04/30/08 07:31 PM

When she was talking about the second song it was funny watching Randy and Simon with that "what a moron" look on their faces. Her comments are usually worthless anyway.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/01/08 01:19 AM

Results...

Jason is... safe
DavidA is... safe

C'mon, DavidC and Syesha!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/01/08 01:28 AM

DavidC is... Safe

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/01/08 01:57 AM

And going home is... Brooke!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/01/08 03:11 AM

I thought for sure that Syesha would be going home. I know Jason would stay. I'm glad she made it.

I guess VFTW isn't working this year.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/02/08 01:33 PM

I'm a little late here. I didn't see the Tues show, but I saw the Selection show. I do hate to see Brooke go, only because she's cute, affable and honest-humble. She doesn't have the powerful pipes for the big, high notes, but she had a nice style, but not one people would go pay to see or buy her recordings.

Syesha might make it on Broadway, which is probably want she wants. She's a poser and on TV she sounds a little "pitchy". I thought her performance the week before (Andy Lloyd) was a great audition for B'way.

It looks like it will come down to the 2 Davids; they have the talent and the vocals. Jason keeps slipping by. Like Brooke, he doesn't have the big pipes, but he's likeable. Won't sell a record or have a live audience.

I'd still like to know the voting demographics, but I think that will be impossible to obtain.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/07/08 01:19 AM

What the heck was that?? Syesha alternately cried and was awesome, Jason was beyond stoned and forgot his words, David Cook sucked and then did well, and David Archuleta was disgustingly melodramatic in that puppies and rainbows way he has while also being absolutely amazing. Paula cried, Randy babbled, and Simon was bizarre and then downright cruel.

I'm voting my fingers off for Syesha tonight.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/07/08 03:32 AM

I went back and forth between Idol and the Yanks/Tribe game. I thought David C did great both times.

Syesha did a wonderful job both songs.

Jason needs to go home. Simon was right he needs top pack his suitcase.

I missed David A 1st performance. His second was ok.

Who do you want to go home? I pick Jason.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/07/08 05:45 AM

Sorry, got caught up into Hell's Kitchen and then Last Restaurant Standing marathon... lol ;\)

Don't worry, I'm here now to state the truth ;\)

Top 4 : Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame
 Code:
A  DavidA   [Love Me Tender]
B+ DavidC   [Baba O'Riley]
B+ Syesha   [A Change is Gonna Come]
B+ Syesha   [Proud Mary]
B  DavidA   [Stand By Me]
B- DavidC   [Hungry Like the Wolf]
C- Jason    [I Shot the Sheriff]
D+ Jason    [Mr Tambourine Man]

"A+" is reserved for DA's "Imagine" - there will never be a better Idol performance than that.

What's with the Syeshaphobia??! I think she's awesome! \:p

DA deserves to win this, he's always 100%. DC is very close - I love'm - but his first song was standard fare. Baba O'Riley was brilliant, though; but a somewhat awkward arrangement. I'm still lovin' Syesha! Looks and sings like an "American Idol" should! Perhaps the only one. Too bad I'm the only one who thinks so. "Cutey" Jason now simply has to go. He seems bent on losing, so, so be it! BYE!

I've never been right in predicting the winner, but, I think DA has been most consistent. An Idol? I don't know. But he'd deserve it. Gotta love DC. An Idol? Eh. More of a band leader, but I wouldn't be disappointed. Syesha! You know I love her. She looks and sounds like an Idol! But doubtful. That leaves Jason, who better be going home this week. And with congrats, of course.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/07/08 06:19 AM

That left me in tears... each time I watched it! It's just too bad a year from now he'll never hit those notes again... lol ;\)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/07/08 10:16 AM

What annoyed me is that they had over 500 songs to pick from and Duran Duran?? Not sure what was behind that choice.

Little Andrew was incredible, wasn't he? Does anyone know what happened to him??

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/07/08 11:52 AM

vftw has Jason as their victim.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/07/08 01:38 PM

I went back and forth between Idol and the Yanks/Tribe game. I thought David C did great both times.

If you watched the Indians game, then you know that David D had a better night than David A and David C.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/08/08 01:15 AM

Results...

David Archuleta is... (take a guess)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/08/08 01:25 AM

David Cook is... also safe.

The Bottom 2 are Jason Castro & Syesha Mercado...

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/08/08 01:25 AM

Gay?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/08/08 01:54 AM

As in merry? I'm sure he is... \:p

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/08/08 01:55 AM

Jason vs Syesha...

c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon...

Syesha is... SAFE!!!!!!

Later, Jason. Syesha will probably go next week, though...

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/08/08 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Beth E

Gay?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/08/08 03:22 AM

I agree with you Geoffy, I think she will go home next week. I just might call in alot of votes for her.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/08/08 01:11 PM

I loved Jason's reaction to Ryan's "You seem almost relieved." He mumbled something about how overwhelmed he would have been having to learn THREE songs for next week. It was pretty funny. I also loved his "journey" video when they showed the clip of him saying that he had no idea that his song from "Cats" was sung by a cat.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/08/08 09:11 PM

Jason was a refreshing change. He and Brooke had the most personality and originality of response...not the usual, "I just wanted to have fun" \:x Syesha has to tone down the smile. Her cheeks must hurt. David Cook is like a bowl of oatmeal and David Arch is just a bit too goofy. I guess I'll just watch reruns of Law and Order......again.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/10/08 02:28 PM

TMZ has learned David Archuleta's dad, Jeff, has been officially banned from "American Idol."

Here's how it went down. "Idol" sources tell TMZ Jeff has been a complete pain in the ass, interfering with the entire production. He has badgered producers, the band, vocal coaches and even other contestants. The final straw came this week, when Jeff wanted to change the lyrics to David's first song, "Stand By Me." Jeff insisted on adding a verse from Sean Kingston's hit, "Beautiful Girls." Producers sent him an e-mail telling him the lyrics could not be changed. They were beyond pissed when David sang the song with Kingston's lyrics during the live show.

We're told by changing the lyrics, it created problems with the song's publisher and cost "A.I." a lot of money.

Jeff was ordered to sit with "A.I." lawyers on Wednesday, who told him he was "banned from being in the rooms where David was learning or rehearsing his songs." It's "Idol's" position, since David is 17, he does not need a guardian, just a teacher. Jeff will be allowed to sit in the audience during the live show but he's 86'd from anything backstage.

Play videoSources say the other contestants were fed up with Jeff and didn't want him near them. Now they have their wish.

All in all, sources say Jeff is the stage dad from hell. BTW, he was banned on the set when David did "Star Search" a few years back.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/10/08 10:14 PM

I've heard these rumors, too. That poor boy. No wonder he's terrified to answer any questions that Ryan asks him. He's probably afraid that he'll give the "wrong" answer, according to Daddy.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/14/08 01:15 AM

Top 3
Code:
B+  Syesha   [1) If I Ain't Got You]
B   DavidC   [3) I Don't Want to Miss a Thing]
B   DavidA   [3) Longer]
B   DavidC   [2) Dare You to Move]
B   Syesha   [2) Fever]
B   DavidA   [1) And So it Goes]
B-  DavidC   [1) The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face]
C+  Syesha   [3) Hit Me Up]
C   DavidA   [2] Without You]
1) Judge's Choice, 2) Personal Choice, 3) Producer's Choice

I don't know, I was pretty disappointed (and bored) tonight. I don't think anyone really stood out from the pack. I see the Syesha hating continues. wink I think David Cook has the best voice so should probably win it all. David Archuleta was a little weak tonight, but he'll probably still make it through.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/14/08 02:47 AM

I missed tonight's episode. I was at my daughter's concert (2 hours looooooong), but I think we DVR'd it. I'll have to check it out later.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/14/08 08:01 PM

I was also bored last night. I thought they all sung well. Even though I don't want her to go I think Syesha will go home.

VFTW has David A. this week.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/15/08 01:57 AM

Results

DA and DC are in the finals!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/15/08 02:41 AM

I predict that David C. wins next week.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/15/08 06:29 AM

DC should win, I would think... he's got the strongest voice... but it depends on the teenage girl voting at this point...! Either way, I don't care... both will do VERY well!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/15/08 10:44 AM

Gee, Syesha got voted off. What a surprise. rolleyes I was on the phone with Best Buy at the time and got so distracted because I couldn't tell who got voted off at first. The poor woman was trying to explain how much they charge to install a gas dryer, and I'm yelling "Who got voted off??", and then SHE wanted to know who did.

I would prefer David Cook to win over Archuleta. I think he has more talent and more "star" potential.
Posted By: SC

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/15/08 11:13 AM

I was on the phone with Best Buy at the time and...... The poor woman was trying to explain how much they charge to install a gas dryer...

See what happens when you do the laundry every day? You need a new dryer already.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/15/08 11:15 AM

Please. A new dryer AND a washer. And when did they get so expensive and so complicated???

If only my daughter was a contestant on American Idol and we had millions of dollars....(nice segue back on topic, no??)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/15/08 11:38 AM

Fantasia, what was she singing last night? She looked like a black ciggarette.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/15/08 12:21 PM

I missed Fantasia, but I read that Simon made a very expressive WTF face during her performance.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/15/08 02:32 PM

Please. A new dryer AND a washer. And when did they get so expensive and so complicated???

If only my daughter was a contestant on American Idol and we had millions of dollars....(nice segue back on topic, no??)

We still have the Kenmore washer and dryer that we bought in 1992. The washer had to be repaired once about 5 years ago for $100. we're lucky.

I haven't watched American Idol regularly, but saw the brief film they did on the kid from Kansas City (David Cook, I'm pretty sure). He seems like a very nice guy. My family is rooting for the other David as people have told us that he resembles my younger son. I see it a little bit.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/15/08 04:51 PM

I may have literally worked mine to death. I do about 10 loads per week on average, and I'm amazed that it's lasted 14 years.

I hear that AI's ratings have been slipping, and now I know who to blame, Klyd.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/15/08 06:11 PM

Saturday,10am tickets go on sale for the Idol tour at Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, August 2. My daughter has been to the last 4.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/15/08 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Saturday,10am tickets go on sale for the Idol tour at Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, August 2. My daughter has been to the last 4.

THANKS!! I didn't even think to look for tickets locally. I just got my 2 (presale code is POPTARTS at ticketmaster.com). Hurry, cuz even before the "offical" onsale Saturday, best available was Section 2 ohwell

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/15/08 07:31 PM

Did you buy TWO tickets??? (wink, wink, kiss, kiss)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/16/08 12:27 AM

You're forgetting (hug,hug) SB.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/16/08 12:30 AM

I thought it'd be a good birthday gift for my friend who loves Idol as much as I do -- but if she can't make it that day......... wink

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/19/08 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas

THANKS!! I didn't even think to look for tickets locally. I just got my 2 (presale code is POPTARTS at ticketmaster.com). Hurry, cuz even before the "offical" onsale Saturday, best available was Section 2 ohwell

They did pretty good on E-Bay last year; close to the stage on the side, up about 20 rows. Hold out!

BTW, I have two tickets for sale for James Taylor, Borgata, June 14, Riser section E, row N, seats 9&10. $95 face value.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/20/08 05:27 PM

Dear Fellow Idol Worsh...Watchers,

I have a dilemna, please help me decide. Should I go to choir practice tonight or blow it off to watch the Idol - Battle of the Davids!??? confused Will God still love me? Will Simon care? There are no chicks to ogle. Just David Bad Hair and David Bad Cheeks, and oh, yeah the promise of Paula's cleavage. Now God will really be mad at me. eek

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/20/08 05:46 PM

There are DVRs and VCRs, MC.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/20/08 06:07 PM

I'm still up in the air about who'll win... tonight might make/break either one. I still think DC has the stronger voice, but DA is in everyone's heart... either way for me! Should be a good show.

MC - You might be the only one showing up! lol

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/20/08 06:34 PM

There are DVRs and VCRs, MC.

That's not the support I was looking for, besides those things require money, space, time, warranties, wires, electricity, and patience. wink

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/20/08 06:40 PM

My daughter has to sing at school tonight. She has to be there at 7:25 and she's on first. Even though her actual concert was last week, she's in the select choir and has to appear in every grade's concert. The director told her she can leave as soon as the choir sings. How fast do you want to clock me driving between the middle school and home?

MC, is it REALLY a choice between God and AI? Would God have invented AI if He wanted you to miss it? Or is this one of those tests?? Hmmmm....

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/21/08 12:14 AM

Phew! Made it! Drove like a lunatic, just to listen to fluff. And Clive chooses a U2 song for Cookie and Elton John for ArchuD2.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/21/08 01:21 AM

Final Two

The competition is over, because tonight it was no competition...
Code:
A   DA   [3) Imagine]
A-  DA   [1) Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me]
B+  DA   [2) In This Moment]
B   DC   [3) The World I Know]
B   DC   [1) I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For]
B   DC   [2) Dream Big]

1) Clive Davis pick, 2) Choice from Top 10 Songwriters Contest, 3) Personal Choice

I know before I said that either deserved to win, and would be happy either way. I also knew tonight would make or break them. David Archuleta now deserves this thing, BY FAR! Incredible performances! Imagine again brought a tear to my eye. David Cooke showed absolutely nothing special at all tonight. Sure, he was good as always, but didn't come in it to win it.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/21/08 06:13 PM

I was really pulling for David Cook to win, but even I have to admit that David A. was phenomenal last night. I did find his performance on the 2nd one (songwriter's contest) boring, and I thought that David Cook actually did better with his.

Overall, I thought this was one of the best finales in years.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/22/08 02:05 AM

And the Winner is....

Click to reveal..

DAVID COOK!!!!! eek eek
Good for him! I'm not disappointed, but I thought DA was gonna take it hands-down. I guess people didn't vote...

Congrats to both David's!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/22/08 02:40 AM

Congrats to both of the David's.

It was cool seeing Chiceze again. Hearing Amanda sing hurt my ears.

Does anybody think that George Michael's has aids or some other illness? He looks bad.

Great show tonight. Starting over in January.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/22/08 06:50 AM

I haven't been following this thread, so please excuse me if I talk about stuff that you all have talked about before. I was just discussing with my girlfriend how I wanted David Cook to win once it got down to the final two, but back when all of this started I never though he had a chance to win. It's amazing how things change over the course of the show.

I thought "Dreads" might win, not because I liked him, but because every woman I know thought he was cute. I thought he was a typical campfire singer. But he was interesting, unlike both David's in my opinion. I also liked Carly while she was on the show, not only because I liked her voice and style, but she also shares the name of my youngest step-daughter (cheesy reason I know, but it adds to the excitement within the house).

I had a feeling one of the "rockers" would win this year because of the success of Chris Daughtry.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next season. It seems most demographics have been covered over the years with each winner, from R & B to Country, to Blues-ish to Rock, etc....

What's next?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/22/08 10:38 AM

A victory for Bad Hair and no personality. For me, both are very talented singers; their performance skills need some work.

The voting demographic and policy still falls under some suspicion. From a strictly competition perspective, there is little validity in the results. It's American Idol and a guy with a British accent hands over the results...hmmmm? Fix! For Idol producers, it's all about record contracts and future monies. Look at Carrie Underwood, they hit it rich with her.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/22/08 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble

It'll be interesting to see what happens next season. It seems most demographics have been covered over the years with each winner, from R & B to Country, to Blues-ish to Rock, etc....

What's next?

Can you say...Polka?!

I watched the end of the show with my wife and daughter, who followed the show pretty much from the time there were 9 or 10 left. We were rooting for David A. They were both likeable guys, and it was nice to see the winner's brother during the celebration.

David A. will be a star too in a few years. How old is he? He looks like he's 16.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/22/08 03:01 PM

I bet alot of the top ten will get some kind of a recording contract.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/22/08 03:30 PM

Heck, even past winners don't do that great. I think Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are the only two to really make it. Rueben Studdard and Taylor Hicks have already been dropped from their record companies, and Jordin Sparks and Mantasia aren't exactly burning up the charts. I heard yesterday that once the show is over and the public doesn't see them they fade out from memory.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/22/08 03:43 PM

This is mean of me but I was hoping Carrie would trip on that outfit she was wearing last night.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 05/26/08 07:08 AM

http://news.yahoo.com/topics/american-idol

Re: 2008 American Idol - 08/03/08 07:40 AM

Saw the American Idols tour tonight in Atlantic City -- very nice (if you're a fan)! Even the ones I didn't particularly like on the show did an outstanding job. The Top 8 each did 3 songs, #2 David Archuleta did 4, and #1 David Cook did 5 or 6. And there were 2 group numbers (one was U2's "In The Name of Love" with Idols Give Back footage, before the intermission). Three hours (including intermission), with them performing in reverse order (#10 Chickezie went first). It was nice to see'm live.

David Cook is just awesome, a total showman who has a fantastic voice and a professional stage presence.

David Archuleta sounded great, as usual. Amazing for a 17-year-old. He didn't do "Imagine", tho. ohwell

Syesha Mercado can belt it out better than any of'm -- she was terrific, and still beautiful. blush

Jason Castro did his thing. Won't blow anyone away, but, the chicks love'm.

Brooke White, one of my least favorites of the Top 10, actually sounded decent tonight. But many used her set as a bathroom break. lol

Carly Smithson sounded great! Since the beginning I thought she'd be a front-runner, and for good reason.

Kristy Lee Cook did fine (another I thought shouldn't have lasted as long, but hey... so it goes...)

Michael Jones rawked the house! The Aussie did good. Another fan favorite.

Ramiele Malubay did just fine, too. Actually, better than fine and better than on the show.

Chikezie Eze even did well. I always thought he was pretty good, and should've lasted longer.

As I said, they all sounded just great. It was a fun time, despite the un-fun trying to get the hell out of the place with all those people onto the boardwalk!

The pictures I took came out pretty shitty, but I'll try to post some when I get some time. I got a few (very) short video clips of some of them as well....

Re: 2008 American Idol - 08/06/08 01:25 AM

Geoff, thanks. Sounds like a fun time. I've always wanted to see the tour, but never have had the energy to buy the tickets.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 08/06/08 02:23 AM

I'm glad you had a good time Geoffy. Hope you post the pic's soon.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 08/06/08 06:39 AM

BTW, the same weekend I saw the Idols Tour in Atlantic City, ex-Idols Carrie Underwood and Daughtry (and Avril Lavigne) were performing at Toms River Fest in my own home town! But we opted for the latest season... and avoiding the traffic mess! wink
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: 2008 American Idol - 08/17/08 05:08 PM

Hi guys!

Is there an American Idol Studio Version of "Hello" performed by David Cook on itunes? I don't want the live performance as I have it, I want to know if there is a complete Idol Studio recording. And if there is, and it is of course free of charge, could someone kindly upload it somewhere so I can get it?

Thanks!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 08/26/08 06:38 AM

(I don't know, Afs, I haven't checked... but I doubt it'd be free/shareable if it was, sorry...)

"American Idol" adds writer-producer as 4th judge
Quote:
By Steve Gorman Mon Aug 25, 11:22 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "American Idol" on Monday added a fourth face to its panel of talent judges, a songwriter and producer who calls herself a "feisty" "straight-shooter" looking to crown a winner who is, above all, unique.

The Grammy-nominated pop composer, Kara DioGuardi, will join veteran "Idol" judges Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson for the upcoming eighth season of U.S. television's most watched show when it returns in January 2009.

The addition of DioGuardi, 37, marks the biggest format change for the series, subtitled "The Search for a Superstar," since it burst into prime time on the Fox network in 2002.

Self-assured with a matter-of-fact, no-nonsense style, DioGuardi is expected to provide a counterweight to the sometimes gushy, even vacuous on-air persona of Abdul, 46, who first gained fame in the 1980s as a pop singer.

Though hardly a household name, DioGuardi has written and produced songs for numerous recording artists, including pop stars Gwen Stefani and Christina Aguilera as well as past "Idol" winners Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson, and has received several awards in recent years.

In a conference call with reporters, she noted a previous collaboration with Abdul, saying they co-wrote a song early in her career, "Spinning Around," that went on to become a hit for Kylie Minogue.

"For the past seven seasons, Paula has had to endure the experience of being the only woman at the judges table," said Mike Darnell, head of alternative programming at Fox. "With Kara by her side, Paula finally has some back-up, and now there is going to be a lot more 'girl power' on the show."

Producers will put that chemistry to its first test on Tuesday, when DioGuardi joins Abdul, Cowell and Jackson for the kickoff of auditions in New York.

DioGuardi declined to critique her soon-to-be peers but said she finds Cowell, known for giving the most unvarnished appraisals among the panelists, to be generally fair. "I think Simon is pretty spot on most of the time," she said.

The record producer and talent scout described herself as "pretty feisty" and willing to stand up for her opinions.

"I'm going to be a straight-shooter," she said. "I'm just somebody who's really honest and gives my opinion, and if I feel the need to be hard with someone in order to get that across, I will be. And if I feel I need to be softer and more nurturing with some of the contestants, I'll be that."

The most important quality she is looking for in singers, aside from a "great voice," is a style that sets them apart.

"It's not about vocal acrobatics. It's about being unique and doing things that are identifiable to you," she said. "What makes an artist is ... when their song comes on the radio, I know exactly who it is."

She said her favorite song is John Lennon's "Imagine," a tune that figured prominently in the show last season as the signature performance of young crooner David Archuleta, who was narrowly defeated by rocker David Cook in the end.

The show averaged 28.1 million viewers weekly last season, compared to 30.8 million at the height of its popularity in 2006. But the finale in May between Cook and Archuleta drew some 32 million viewers, up 3 percent from a year earlier.

Although "Idol" has featured a three-judge panel since its inception, the program was originally conceived as having four panelists, said executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz.

Producers hired hip-hop radio personality Angie Martinez as a fourth member of the team for the second season, but she quit after judging a few auditions because she felt bad about having to reject some contestants and never appeared on the show.

Other international editions of the show, including the original British version, "Pop Idol," all had four judges.

DioGuardi is not a complete newcomer to TV talent shows, having served as a judge herself for ABC's short-lived, singing contest, "The One: Making a Music Star."

(Additional reporting by Jennifer Martinez; Editing by Bob Tourtellotte and Dan Whitcomb)

Reuters/Nielsen

Re: 2008 American Idol - 08/26/08 03:57 PM

Mucho gracious JG, I checked and all there's is the live version anyway. grin

Re: 2008 American Idol - 08/29/08 09:50 PM

Has anyone seen the commercial for The Best Weekend Ever College movie?

If I'm not mistaken isn't that kid we called Chicken Little in it?

Re: 2008 American Idol - 08/30/08 06:08 AM

Mama, I think I just read in EW that Keven Corveis (sp?) was in it! Wow... should be good... lol

Re: 2008 American Idol - 10/25/08 03:37 PM

Jennifer Hudson's mother, brother killed: reports
Quote:
By Michael Conlon – 2 hrs 23 mins ago

CHICAGO (Reuters) – The mother and brother of Academy Award-winning actress Jennifer Hudson were found shot to death in the mother's Chicago home on Friday, according to published reports.

The Chicago Tribune Web site quoted a police source as saying the suspect in the double homicide was in custody, but a 7-year-old boy, possibly Hudson's nephew, was still missing from the house on Chicago's South Side, where the victims were found. Police did not confirm the report or the names of the victims.

The Tribune said the Cook County Medical Examiner's office identified the victims as Hudson's mother, Darnell Donnerson, 57, and her brother Jason Hudson, 29.

Police said neighbors reported hearing shots in the area during the morning, but the bodies were not found until midafternoon.
"A missing child was possibly abducted from the scene ... and may be in the company of William Balfour, a suspect in the double homicide investigation," police said in a statement, adding that the man was "considered armed and dangerous."

The statement listed two vehicles Balfour may be driving. It did not say who Balfour was or whether he was related to the family.

The Illinois Department of Corrections Web site lists Balfour, 27, as having been convicted of attempted murder, car theft and vehicular hijacking. He was released from prison in 2006.

Police said the child was identified as Julian King, adding they believed he was the grandson of the woman found slain.

The Tribune, quoting police, said the killings may be linked to a domestic disturbance.

Hudson gained notice as a contestant on No. 1-rated U.S. television talent show "American Idol" during its third season in 2005. She was one of 12 finalists, but was voted off.

Still, her booming voice and popularity kept her touring in live shows and eventually she earned the role as Effie White in the 2006 film version of stage musical "Dreamgirls."

The role of soulful singer White, who is kicked out of an all-girl 1960s singing group, earned Hudson the Oscar for best supporting actress and made her an instant star in Hollywood.

Since then Hudson has appeared in the movie version of "Sex and the City," and is currently in "The Secret Life of Bees."
Media reports said Hudson was in Florida when she was told of the shootings and was headed back to Chicago.

(Additional reporting by Andrew Stern in Chicago and Bob Tourtellotte in Los Angeles)

Re: 2008 American Idol - 10/26/08 12:24 AM

I saw this in the paper this morning. How awful. The last time I checked, they were still looking for her nephew.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 10/26/08 02:38 AM

This is absolutely awful, but can someone tell me what her mother was doing still living in the south side of Chicago?

Obviously, Jennifer Hudson has done well enough to get her out of there. I know, I know, it could happen anywhere. I'm just saying . . .
Posted By: Lompac

Re: 2008 American Idol - 10/26/08 02:54 AM

How did I guess that this was gonna be mentioned?!!

Re: 2008 American Idol - 10/27/08 03:03 PM

For the record, I support the death penalty for crimes committed against children.

Boy Found Dead in Chicago, No Word on ID Yet
by Marcus Errico

In what may be the horrible conclusion to an epically tragic weekend for Jennifer Hudson's family, Chicago authorities have recovered the body of a 7-year-old boy, fitting the description of the entertainer's missing nephew.

However, there has been no confirmation that the remains, found in an SUV abandoned on a Chicago street, are those of Julian King.

Julian vanished following the slayings of Hudson's mother and brother, who were shot dead in their home Friday. Police issued an Amber Alert and FBI kidnapping experts were called in to help search for a white 1994 Chevy Suburban—the same vehicle where the body was discovered.

Over the weekend, Hudson and her sister, Julia, the boy's mother, both made emotional pleas for Julian's safe return. The Oscar-winning Dreamgirls star also offered a $100,000 reward and asked fans "to pray for our family."

The boy's stepfather, William Balfour, was detained by police but has not formally been charged. He is currently in the custody of state officials.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 10/27/08 03:23 PM

What a horror for this family. The family refused to move from their home, saying that they didn't want Jennifer's success to change them.

It wouldn't have mattered either way, since it's beginning to look like this is a case of domestic abuse to the Nth degree.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 11/19/08 11:31 PM

For all you David Archuleta fans.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 11/20/08 07:31 PM

And here's DC's single:

They're obviously both different. DA's is kinda sappy-but-catchy pop while DC's is standard radio fare. I wish them both well.

Re: 2008 American Idol - 11/21/08 11:59 AM

David Cook's Album is out as well. Good stuff. grin
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET