Home

Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!?

Posted By: Don Andrew

Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 09:49 PM

What in the hell? MSNBC reporting. Holy shit.
Posted By: J Geoff

RIP Heath Ledger (28) - 01/22/08 09:54 PM

Actor Heath Ledger (28) was found dead in his Manhattan residence, reported by Fox News

Re: RIP Heath Ledger (28) - 01/22/08 09:55 PM

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=466282&Main=466282#Post466282
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: RIP Heath Ledger (28) - 01/22/08 09:55 PM

What was the cause of death,do you know?

Re: RIP Heath Ledger (28) - 01/22/08 09:56 PM

Doh! Didn't think to check there. Death notices are usually here, though... hmmmm....

Re: RIP Heath Ledger (28) - 01/22/08 09:58 PM

w/e

It's a humongous shock. Wow, just wow.
Posted By: chopper

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 09:59 PM

So what has happend?

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:00 PM

I don't think ive seen any of his films but this is sad..

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:01 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22788914/?GT1=10755
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:02 PM

RIP I don't think I've heard of him. \:\(
Posted By: SC

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:02 PM

He was found dead in an apartment in lower Manhattan. The local news (its the top story) is now reporting that sleeping pills were found near his body.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:03 PM

Wow this is bad \:\(

R.I.P

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:04 PM

Only 28 years old. That's a shame.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:07 PM

If he was 38,it would be a shame.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:08 PM

Whatever age is sad

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:09 PM

He was in full cardiac arrest and couldn't be resuscitated, in his bed, with pills "all around his bed"... --Fox News

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:11 PM

I feel for his fiance and kid \:\(
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:20 PM

WTF is going on here? All these young ones dying.

Man, this is so sad.

RIP!

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: chopper
I feel for his fiance and kid \:\(

Him and Michelle Williams broke up. But this is still sad for her, being the mother of his child.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:22 PM

Nobody is coming out and saying it, but I THINK they're starting to HINT at suicide. They're talking about relationship problems of late.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:22 PM

Yeah definetly the kid growing up fatherless is terrible

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:31 PM

I just heard the apartment he was found in supposedly belongs to Mary Kate Olsen.

My daughter even phoned me on her way home from work shocked at the news. It's the leading story on the local news.

I don't think I've even seen one of his movies, but oddly enough I'm moved by his death.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:35 PM

Fox news has a live scene outside the apartment. They haven't brought the body out yet.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:37 PM

I dont think id want to see his body brought out

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Beth E
Fox news has a live scene outside the apartment.

Phooey on Fox News. We REAL New Yawkers have our own stations there already. \:p

FWIW - The apartment is on Broome Street. Not too far from where Don Vito was gunned down.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:42 PM

How awful. Such a young man, such a bright future ahead.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:43 PM

I love these so called reporters. On Fox they said the police said it looked like an accident. You change the channel and the blog says: Cops suspect suicide.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: SC

Phooey on Fox News. We REAL New Yawkers have our own stations there already. \:p

FWIW - The apartment is on Broome Street. Not too far from where Don Vito was gunned down.

Care to share your station with me. \:\)

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:46 PM

They're now saying it's an accidental death -- and it's NOT Olsen's apartment...

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:47 PM

Seems Fox is getting most of their "breaking" info from http://www.tmz.com/

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:47 PM

Geez, does anyone bother to corroborate a story any more???

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Geez, does anyone bother to corroborate a story any more???

No way -- everyone wants to be first! \:\/

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:50 PM

And I guess his friends or family's feelings don't even come into consideration. DUH!! Of course not!!!

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:52 PM

One station says it's prescription drugs, then next says over the counter. This is pathetic.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:54 PM

Maybe he was Robotripping. A bunch of kids in my daughter's school OD'd on Robitussin a few years ago and had to be carried out of school and then have their stomachs pumped.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 10:57 PM

He had an interview recently where he said his role as The Joker in the upcoming Batman movie made him so freaked he could only sleep about 2 hours a night. Hence, he started taking sleeping pills.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 11:00 PM

I wonder why it freaked him out?

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 11:02 PM

One station says it's prescription drugs, then next says over the counter. This is pathetic.

This always happens when there's a breaking news story like this. It takes the press awhile to get the facts straight. I have no problem with that as long as they report these rumors as being unsubstantiated. (Unfortunatley, too many of the news bureaus DON'T do that).

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 11:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Mignon

He's a method actor, and he really gets into the head of the character he's playing. This joker has no morals and kills without thought. If you get into a character that deep it could almost feel like they're taking over your body.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 11:07 PM

Wow! This is shocking and very sad. To be honest, I'd only seen him in BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN and A KNIGHT'S TALE, but he was extremely talented.

I know he had done those publicity stills for the new Batman awhile back. I wonder how much of it they got around to filming?

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 11:08 PM

Dr. Drew Pinsky said if it's over the counter sleeping pills they usually contain tylenol, and you can actually die from over medicating on tylenol.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Mignon

He's a method actor, and he really gets into the head of the character he's playing. This joker has no morals and kills without thought. If you get into a character that deep it could almost feel like they're taking over your body.

That is freaky.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I know he had done those publicity stills for the new Batman awhile back. I wonder how much of it they got around to filming?

I believe that movie was finished.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 11:28 PM

Yeah, SC. 421 Broome Street, which is just off of Lafayette, which for you non-New Yorkers, is 3 blocks from Mott Street. A property that I manage is just around the corner, on Spring Street. That's a very congested block to begin with, I can only imagine what it was like when they were doing the removal.
Posted By: BDuff

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 11:30 PM

Very sad, left behind a two year old daughter and he was only 28. Very good young actor, what a shame.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/22/08 11:32 PM

God Speed to the family and friends.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 12:05 AM

A KNIGHT'S TALE

That's right. I forgot about this. My daughter has the movie, and she has the poster on her wall. Now it's gonna seem odd when I have to go down to her room and see that poster.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 12:09 AM

I believe that movie was finished.

Yeah, The Dark Knight is in Post Production. (I didn't realize Jake Gyllenhaal's sister was in it)

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 12:10 AM

Heath and Michelle Williams lived in Brooklyn when they were together. I guess that was his way of living out of the spotlight. He chose not to live in Manhattan.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 12:21 AM

Here is what an apartment looks like inside the apartment building where Heath died.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/22/inside-the-building-where-heath-died/

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 12:31 AM

Here is what an apartment looks like inside the apartment building where Heath died.

You find that online when you were looking for a NYC apartment?
Posted By: Obsessed With The GodFather

Heath Ledger Found Dead: - 01/23/08 12:33 AM

Seems like we are printing one death after another!
Very sad, only 28..

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20080123/D8UB8E985.html

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 12:42 AM

You find that online when you were looking for a NYC apartment?

Just a TAD out of my price range.

Actually its' on tmz.com

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 12:46 AM

Heath's family has been contacted, and they are adamant that he did not kill himself. Now they're saying he also had pneumonia?

TMZ has been contacted by a rep from Heath's family. The cops told the family Heath's death was accidental and there is no evidence to support the buzz that he may have committed suicide.

They are particularly distraught over media reports that he may have taken his own life. The family says he was not that kind of person.

As we just reported, Heath was ill with pneumonia when he died.
Posted By: whisper

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 12:47 AM

An Aussie dead!!??Us Aussies can die??!!

Holy shit!!!!

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 12:47 AM

Artists only? Yeah, right.

Growing up, Greenwich Village was like a second home to me, because my favorite aunt owns some property down there (she's still alive and kicking at 90+ years old). Anyhoooo, I remember when lower Manhattan really was for starving artists. Needless to say, no more! Now Hollywood types make one good payday, they move right in. Hey, God bless, it doesn't bother me. It's just that they like to claim it's still an "artsy" neighborhood, but it's honestly not. Do you know any starving artists that can afford 25k per month?

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 12:50 AM

The cops told the family Heath's death was accidental and there is no evidence to support the buzz that he may have committed suicide.

I would think that anytime prescription drugs are found near the body of an apparently healthy individual with no outward signs of physical trauma then suicide must be considered (until an autopsy is performed).

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 12:54 AM

True, SC.

But if it's ruled an overdose, the death certificate can read either accidental or a number of other things. It's actually not a minor detail, due to the fact that most insurance companies won't pay off on a suicide.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 12:57 AM

Michelle Williams' reaction:

Michelle Williams is "devastated" by the death of her former fiance, Heath Ledger.

We're told that "words cannot describe" the pain she is in over the news about the father of her child, Matilda Rose.

We're told she is on a plane heading to NY right now.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 12:57 AM

Who cares.He's Australian and i don't even care.Besides,he never cut his tree branches and they always hung over my side of the fence.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 12:58 AM

He was found naked on his bed, with pills around. This is sounding word for word almost like the account of Anna Nicole Smith's death.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 01:21 AM

Why is there always some eerie interview found after a person dies of them talking about death. Here is an interview he did a few weeks ago.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/22/ledgers-eerily-prophetic-interview/
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 02:02 AM

I posted on the Dead Pool thread before I saw this. How sad.
The only movie I've seen with him is "The Patroit" with Mel Gibson.

They are having a story on MSNBC now and evidently he was found as reported with pills/pill bottles all around him and he was found naked on the bed (as opposed to earlier reports that he was near the bed). They claim, on the surface, it almost looks like suicide, but so far the authorities can't say they've found evident that it is. They reported also, that Heath was suffering from Pnemonia and was very sick. So, I guess it possibly could be an accidental overdose?

I know nothing, for the most part, of his personal life, although just today I heard he did have a drug problem.

What a shame. \:\(

TIS
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 04:31 AM

Wow! This is shocking and very sad. To be honest, I'd only seen him in BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN and A KNIGHT'S TALE, but he was extremely talented.

Ledger shot all his scenes for TDK.

And from what someone who saw a rough cut claimed, at least on a website...that Ledger outshines Christian Bale.
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 01:33 PM

This joker has no morals and kills without thought...

That really is the best way anyone could ever word that statement... Like an early 19th century oil tycoon who wears a top hat and a monical. "This joker's a madman I tell'ya, a mad man!" *throws arms up in a fit of rage and confusion*

Had to do that.

I was watching this on television last night, several times over as every major news station was covering it, and I just sort of sat in surprise. So, I guess Batman's going to be his last film, eh? I wonder which of his films he'll become synonymous with.

But really, when you think about it, he's going to be remembered as a legend now. That's how it works with stardom. You have your John Lennon's, Jimi Hendrix's, James Dean's, Marylin Monroe's, Kurt Cobain's, and all the other people who met a premature death. At the risk of sounding cynical, dying was really the best career move he could have made.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 03:08 PM

Autopsy results are inconclusive. They need to await results of toxicology tests.
Posted By: Saladbar

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 03:27 PM

Westboro Wackos are out again. I guess they can't separate a character in a movie from the actor?

Posted By: klydon1

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 03:30 PM

Artists only? Do you know any starving artists that can afford 25k per month?

Mary Kate Olsen. \:\/

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 03:32 PM

Yeah, she does look starved.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Saladbar
Westboro Wackos are out again. I guess they can't separate a character in a movie from the actor?

What are they gonna say the next time Topeka gets hit by a tornado??

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 03:44 PM

One of the caveats of free press.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 04:08 PM

What are they gonna say the next time Topeka gets hit by a tornado??

I think its funny that they state that God hates "Brokeback Mountain."

I didn't even know that God watches movies, let alone review them. But I guess he gave this one two thumbs down. But how does the Wetboro Baptist Church know that God didn't like a couple of other of Ledger's films? If they show up protesting and God is a big fan of aKnight's Tale and the new Batman movie, they are going to look pretty darn stupid out there with their signs.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 04:22 PM

That is pathetic
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 04:23 PM

what an awful shame \:\(

RIP!
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: chopper

That is pathetic

Nice folks. I urge everyone to go to their website, which you can see on their rant. These people are really nuts. They have Reagan, John Paul II and Benizar Bhutto all in hell. I cannot believe these people are serious.

Talk about stretching tolerance for free spech and free religion!

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 06:23 PM

A white powdery substance is now reported to have been found.

TMZ has confirmed with NYPD sources in the Heath Ledger investigation that cops found a $20 bill rolled up "in a certain way" with a powdered substance on it. Our sources say they don't know what the nature of the powder is, but it's being tested at the police lab.

CBS 2 in NYC is reporting cops found drug packets along with the $20 bill in Ledger's apartment.

Our sources say the manner in which the bill was rolled made them "suspicious."

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 07:07 PM

TMZ has confirmed with NYPD sources in the Heath Ledger investigation that cops found a $20 bill rolled up "in a certain way" with a powdered substance on it. Our sources say they don't know what the nature of the powder is, but it's being tested at the police lab.

CBS 2 in NYC is reporting cops found drug packets along with the $20 bill in Ledger's apartment.

I rather wait and let the police tell us what happened.

Take the Chris Benoit case from last summer. The media reported rumors/suspicions as fact over how he died from steroids, which was totally inaccurate. He was using them, but "Roid Rage" didn't make him kill his wife and son.

Instead, they did a CAT scan of his brain, and for a man in his 40s, his brain was similar to that of an Alzheimer's patient in his 70s.

His finisher as a Pro Wrestler was the "Flying Headbutt," where he would jump and land his head on the other wrestler's shoulder.....

Now imagine doing that 3-4 times a week for 20+ years.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
This joker has no morals and kills without thought...

That really is the best way anyone could ever word that statement... Like an early 19th century oil tycoon who wears a top hat and a monical. "This joker's a madman I tell'ya, a mad man!" *throws arms up in a fit of rage and confusion*

Had to do that.

I was watching this on television last night, several times over as every major news station was covering it, and I just sort of sat in surprise. So, I guess Batman's going to be his last film, eh? I wonder which of his films he'll become synonymous with.

But really, when you think about it, he's going to be remembered as a legend now. That's how it works with stardom. You have your John Lennon's, Jimi Hendrix's, James Dean's, Marylin Monroe's, Kurt Cobain's, and all the other people who met a premature death. At the risk of sounding cynical, dying was really the best career move he could have made.

Well, its like Bruce Lee becoming immortal with ENTER THE DRAGON.

Or Brandon Lee with THE CROW.

Or even River Phoenix*.

*=Which sadly, like Ledger it seems, a tabloid photographer snapped some shots of the corpse and sold them.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

*=Which sadly, like Ledger it seems, a tabloid photographer snapped some shots of the corpse and sold them.

Someone has shots of his corpse? I didn't hear that.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 07:38 PM

Well, he had been hanging with Lindsay Lohan lately, something no one seems to be bringing out, so anything is possible.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 07:48 PM

These people in Topeka are wack jobs. They have no respect for the dead.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 08:48 PM

They don't seem to have much for the living, either.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 10:04 PM

sounds like he had been sniffin a bit of charlie

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 10:13 PM

And I heard on CBS radio that there was no residue on the bill, and no illegal drugs had been recovered. Will any of them get their story straight??

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/23/08 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Will any of them get their story straight??

Probably not.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/24/08 01:49 AM

It looks like there's a very small window of what time he could have died. I would like to know why they called MK Olsen before they called 911. When he was found dead he was naked. I wonder if he had his clothes on when the maid first went into his bedroom.

Authorities found six different types of prescription drugs in Ledger's apartment, including pills to treat insomnia and anxiety, according to two law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing. Three of the drugs were prescribed in Europe.

Ledger's housekeeper, Teresa Solomon, arrived at his apartment with her own key and let herself in. At 1 p.m., she went to his bedroom to change a light bulb, and saw Ledger sleeping and heard him snoring. She left the room without thinking anything was wrong.

At 2:45 p.m., a masseuse named Diana Wolozin showed up for her massage appointment with Ledger, who didn't answer when she knocked on his door.

She then tried to call him on his cell phone, but again got no response. She went into the bedroom, set up her massage table and again tried to wake Ledger.

Wolozin told police that Ledger was cold to the touch, but she just assumed he was unconscious. She proceeded to grab his cell phone and call Mary Kate Olsen, whose number is programmed into the phone. Wolozin knew that Olsen and Ledger were friends, and she asked Olsen for advice on what she should do next.

Olsen, who also lives in Manhattan but was in California at the time, responded by saying she would send over her private security guards to help deal with the situation. In the ensuing moments, Wolozin realized that Ledger might be dead, and called 911.

The emergency operator provided Wolozin directions on how to do CPR, but it was too late.

Paramedics arrived minutes later - at about the same time as Olsen's security guards.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/24/08 04:33 AM

Just saw an update on the news.A rolled up piece of currency did NOT contain traces of illegal drugs.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/24/08 04:43 AM

Whisper, I'm assuming Heath was especially well liked in Australia? Did he come from an area you are familiar with?

\:\)

TIS
Posted By: svsg

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/24/08 06:04 AM

Quite sad. I liked his work in Brokeback Mountain. I hope it wasn't due to his involvement in his latest role as I read elsewhere.

I am also surprised to see quite a few condolence messages in this thread from members who haven't seen his movies but have nonetheless expressed their sadness because of his age.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/24/08 08:27 AM

I REALLY hope people realize that there's a difference between Christians who follow Christ (as best they can, like myself, while knowing there's a little bit of forgiveness down the line) -- and among most other faiths who don't discriminate among equals -- as opposed to those totally misinformed and narrow-minded people who *claim* to be Christians yet still absent-mindedly and blindedly continue to spew their HATE-FILLED VENOM which totally CONTRADICTS Christ's messages. Despicable. In fact, I think they're worse than atheists (and even atheists are okay!)

These "people" don't even realize HE WAS ACTING????? And even if he wasn't... WHO CARES??

This HATE makes me so MAD it's not even funny.

IN THE END we'll find out. But I really doubt that any God would promote HATE at all. SUCH HATE IS MAKING THIS WORSE FOR EVERYONE, INCLUDING SO-CALLED 'CHRISTIANS'!

[THEY] ARE NOT CHRISTIANS! [THEY] ARE HATE-FILLED -- JESUS NEVER HATED ANYONE! [THEY] ARE NOT WITH JESUS!

cc: Satan

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/24/08 02:01 PM

DOC SAYS ACCIDENT UNLIKELY
By DAN MANGAN

January 24, 2008 -- A top forensics doctor said yesterday it's highly unlikely Heath Ledger could have accidentally overdosed on the prescription pills found in his apartment.

Ledger had six types of prescription pills issued in his name in his SoHo apartment - primarily ge neric versions of the anti- anxiety medica tions Xanax and Valium - when he died Tues day afternoon.

Two types of sleep aids, Donor myl and Zopiclone, were found next to Ledger, whose cause of death remains under review by authorities. At least some of the pills apparently had been purchased overseas.

"The pills generally have a large safety margin," said Dr. Michael Baden. "You just don't take one extra pill and die."

Baden said fatal overdoses of the pills can occur, but typically only if a person takes 10, 20 or even more at one time. That is far beyond the recommended dosage, and well beyond what someone might take accidentally, even if he was groggy and forgot he already had taken a pill, Baden said.

"We don't see very many deaths from the common sleeping pills," said Baden, chief forensic pathologist for the New York State Police, and the former chief medical examiner of New York City.

Baden also said that if someone is prescribed pills under a wide variety of brand names - as Ledger was - for a single purpose such as sleep, it could indicate that person was abusing the drugs.

Prescription pills are "probably abused more than illegal drugs," Baden said.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/24/08 04:18 PM

Production on Heath Ledger's latest movie, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, has been halted following the 28-year-old actor's tragic death, a manager for the film crew's union tells PEOPLE.

Greg Chambers, business manager for the craft union ACFC West (Association of Canadian Filmcraft People), confirmed that the production on the film, directed by Terry Gilliam, has been suspended indefinitely, putting about 100 crew members out of work until producers can decide whether to recast the film or scrap it entirely.

Ledger had been filming the movie in London just before his death.

"[The production] is currently listed as force majeure," said Chambers. (Force majeure is a clause in contracts which frees all parties from liability in case of an extraordinary circumstance. In films, this includes natural calamities like hurricanes or earthquakes, or the illness or death of a key cast or crew member.)

Vancouver-based Infinity Features, which is producing the $30 million film at The Bridge Studios in Burnaby, B.C., did not take calls Tuesday or Wednesday and continued to decline comment. Director Gilliam also has not issued a statement as of yet on Ledger or the film.

Ledger was due to arrive in Vancouver on Friday and go to camera on Monday. He was to play a man who joins a traveling theater troupe in an effort to save a young woman from the Devil. The film also starts Christopher Plummer as 1,000year-old Dr. Parrnassus, Lily Cole as the imperiled young woman and singer Tom Waits as the Devil.
Posted By: bogey

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/24/08 04:35 PM

Wow... this is really sad. Loved his movies, and I can't wait to see his Joker. But damn. RIP.
Posted By: bogey

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/24/08 04:39 PM

And as for that piece of shit Fred Phelps and his bullshit pseudo-church, fuck them.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/24/08 07:23 PM

The thing I find very sad is his parents found out about it through the media. One of his uncles saw it on the news and called his mother. She didn't know. I guess with our information super highway everyone knows about something within 10 seconds. They wouldn't have had enough time to locate his parent's number and call them. It's just a very hard way to find out your child is dead.

They originally had it reported his funeral was in Australia, now they're saying New York. Although a relative said all funeral arrangments are being kept private.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/25/08 02:42 AM

They should send him home...

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/25/08 02:50 AM

Here's a grainy video taken from a cell phone supposedly taken over the weekend. It's his last scenes he did for the new movie he's doing.

http://www.nypost.com/video/?vxSiteId=0d...3&vxBitrate=700

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/25/08 02:54 AM

From TMZ.com:

"Former face-painting wrestling superstar and current homophobe Ultimate Warrior is using Heath Ledger's death as an opportunity to take serious shots at Heath, gays and his former rival, Hulk Hogan.

In a post on his blog titled "dead long before 28," the idiot Warrior refers to Heath as "Leather Ledger," and facetiously praises the late actor's parenting skills by saying he "did what it took to kill himself," adding, "His kid is without a father, yes, but the negative influence is now removed and his own child has the chance for a full recovery."

Warrior also refers to "Brokeback Mountain" as "Bendover Brokeback" and mockingly praises Heath's courage for taking the role. All this from a man who became famous for oiling himself up and running around in man-panties and teased hair!

But the bashing wasn't over -- Warrior then went after Hulk Hogan's fathering skills, saying, "He insists on sticking around ruining, and profiting off of, the parentally mismanaged lives of his own children." "

I've said it before, but I'll say it again...what an asshole.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/25/08 03:11 AM

Ultimate Warrior is, was, and will forever be a hack.

What a shame about Ledger. He had a ton of talent, and a load of potential. : (

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/25/08 01:13 PM

Photo by: Vera Anderson / WireImage
Heath Ledger's family members bared their grief in an Australian newspaper, writing of the heart-wrenching loss of the Hollywood actor – who to them was always a brother or a son.

In one of several messages in the death notices section of the West Australian on Friday, his mother Sally wrote:

Our darling boy, special in so many ways to all of us. You knew you were so loved. You lived life with courage and daring and we are so grateful for the wonderful times we shared. We will be there for Matilda.

His older sister Kate, who called her brother by the pet name "Roast," wrote:

I can hardly breathe when I try to write this. We were the ultimate in soul mates. I feel both my heart and life have been torn apart. I loved our special talks, our daily chats from where ever you were in the world.

I especially loved all the precious time we spent together. We were so fortunate to have you as long as we did. You were so many things to so many people, but to me you were just my little brother.

There will never, ever be another "Heath" and I think that in itself is the greatest tragedy.

I will continue to talk with you everyday and love you just as if you were here. You will never leave my thoughts "Roast", ever.

A Message from His Father:
His father Kim, who called his son by the nicknames "Heatho" and "Beef," writes:

My beautiful boy, so loving, so talented, so independent, so caring, so young . . . no more chess games mate . . . this is it, couldn't beat you anyway!

My body aches for the sound of your voice, our chats, our laughs and our life and times together.

Your truly varied artistic skills, insatiable desire to improve and eclectic abilities set you apart from any other person on the planet . . . it had only just started for you ... and for us to further enjoy. We were one, in soul and commitment. Just . . . Father and Son. I will love you forever, Dad.

His Entire Family Writes:
And a note signed by his entire family read:

How do we describe our sudden and tragic loss? ... You were the most amazing individual "old soul" in a young man's body.

You so loved us, as we dearly loved you. As a close knit and very private family unit we have observed you so determined yet quietly travelling in your self-styled path in life, nothing would get in your way ... no mountain too tall, no river too wide.

You dreamed your dreams and lived them with passion and intelligent commitment. We have been privileged to accompany you on a ride through life that has simply been amazing and through it all, we have loved each other beyond imagination.

Your true legacy lives on in beautiful little Matilda, who will always remain in the greatest of care. Our hearts are broken.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/25/08 01:54 PM

January 25, 2008 -- The masseuse who discovered actor Heath Ledger's body does not hold a state license to do massage therapy, officials said yesterday.

As a result, Diane Lee Wolo zin , 45, may face charges that could put her behind bars for four years. The state Education Department, which licenses massage therapists, found that Wolozin was not licensed, a spokesman said.

The department passed that information to the NYPD.

Practicing massage therapy without a license is a felony, punishable by up to four years in prison.

Neither the Police Department nor the Manhattan District Attorney's Office could immediately say whether they would pursue charges.

Wolozin found Ledger unconscious in his bedroom at his SoHo apartment Tuesday.

She called his latest squeeze, Mary-Kate Olsen, four times before calling 911 for help. The operator gave her instructions in performing CPR, but it didn't help.

Licensed massage therapists are supposed to be certified in CPR, the Education Department spokesman said.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/25/08 04:32 PM

Fuck that. If hell exists, the deepest layers are reserved for intolerant idiots like that. I would go so far as to call that religious-extremism. If you're willing to go so far for a set of beliefs as to exclude a certain grouping of people from your society, then you're already down a dirty path.

Who remembers the last time certain groups were excluded from society on a major scale?
Warning, Spoiler:

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/25/08 09:09 PM

LLC,
You hit the nail right on the head. These people are ignorant, intolerant pigs. And that they masquerade themselves as "good Christians" makes them even worse. Christ preached acceptance, love and forgiveness. He taught that we are all God's children, and that God loves us all. They pervert His message and make a mockery of it. Not to mention that to hurt people who are burying their child is lower than low. They are despicable beings. I don't dare call them human.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/26/08 12:07 AM

Well, UK tabloids aren't worth a spit in valid reporting....BUT The Sun claims that Depp will step in for Ledger on his unfinished picture that Terry Gilliam was shooting.

"A studio source said: “There is a point in the film when Heath falls through a magic mirror. He could change into another character after that and that is where Johnny would come in.

“It’s a weird, fantasy, time-travel movie so Heath’s character could easily change appearance. It would be a poignant moment.
"

Take that as you will.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/26/08 03:20 AM

I never heard of that film, but wow, how creepy that he dies at the point in the film where his character could change appearance. I can't think of a more perfect person to take over, since Depp seems capable of playing most any role. \:\) Still how sad it would be to take over a film in this way.

TIS

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/26/08 04:56 PM

Well, UK tabloids aren't worth a spit in valid reporting....BUT The Sun claims that Depp will step in for Ledger on his unfinished picture that Terry Gilliam was shooting.

"A studio source said: “There is a point in the film when Heath falls through a magic mirror. He could change into another character after that and that is where Johnny would come in.

“It’s a weird, fantasy, time-travel movie so Heath’s character could easily change appearance. It would be a poignant moment.
"

Take that as you will.

Sounds ambitious enough to be at least interesting.

But why don't they just cast Mick?
Posted By: svsg

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/26/08 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone

"

Take that as you will.

Sounds ambitious enough to be at least interesting.

But why don't they just cast Mick?

But they may never go beyond one scene, with him branching off into lengthy meta discussions on mise-en-scene, art, humanity, consciousness etc \:D
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/28/08 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: bogey
And as for that piece of shit Fred Phelps and his bullshit pseudo-church, fuck them.

http://www.godhatesireland.com/

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/28/08 10:29 PM

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/30/08 02:17 PM

LEDGER BAGGED REHAB
BACKED OUT AT DOORBy DAN MANGAN

January 30, 2008 -- Actress Michelle Williams drove her doomed lover, Heath Ledger, to the Malibu celebrity rehab center Promises in March 2006 because he was abusing heroin, coke and booze, but her "Brokeback Mountain" co-star refused to check in and vowed to clean up on his own, a bombshell report reveals.

When Ledger broke that promise - and after Williams left him in 2007 because of his hard partying - she demanded he be drug-tested whenever he was going to be alone with their young daughter, Matilda, US Weekly reports in a cover story out today.

Ledger's substance abuse, which included "a variety of pills," was linked to depression and continued throughout and after his three-year relationship with Williams, a source said.

But in recent months, the Oscar-nominated hunk "had been discreetly reaching out to private counselors," according to US.

"He looked like a zombie," said a confidant. "A week or so before he died, he admitted he needed help. We were thrilled."

But it was too late.

Ledger was found dead Jan. 22 in his SoHo apartment amid open packages of prescription sleeping and anti-anxiety pills by a masseuse who used his cellphone to speed-dial his paramour, actress Mary-Kate Olsen, before calling 911. His cause of death remains open pending toxicology tests.

Williams, 27, "cried and screamed as soon as she heard" the news about Ledger in Sweden, where she was shooting a movie, a source said. The next day, at her Brooklyn townhouse with Matilda, 2, the actress "looked like she couldn't cry anymore and was very quiet . . . Michelle is totally devastated," said a friend.

Olsen "was inconsolable," and flew to New York from California right after getting the news, according to a source. "She's heartbroken and scared."

Meanwhile yesterday, Ledger's dad visited his son's Broome Street apartment for the first time since the tragedy, spending about an hour inside before telling a building superintendent he might return to collect Heath's belongings.

Kim Ledger, accompanied by NYPD detectives, also paid an emotional visit to the basement, where staff has collected the hundreds of flowers, candles, cards, letters and other mementos left outside by fans in Heath's memory.

Kim "said it was beautiful," said super Tamba Mossa. "He was happy."

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 01/31/08 03:59 PM

Access Hollywood's statement about Entertainment Tonight showing a 2 year old tape of Heath alledgedly going drugs. They've decided not to air it "out of concern for the family". This is taking on a life of it's own. Let the man rest in peace.
----------------
I don't often comment on our competition, but because we have so much of it in the "entertainment show" genre these days, we are often lumped in a group together. The fact is, we're very different, and that stems mostly from the difference in scruples of the respective Executive Producers.

”Entertainment Tonight” and “The Insider” ran a promo tonight for their Heath Ledger drug use video, which they "reportedly" (love that lawyer enforced word) bought for a couple hundred thousand dollars. A still frame of this video which shows Heath apparently doing cocaine ran on the east coast feed of “ET,” but on the west coast feed, the tasteless still shot was replaced with a shot of someone's feet (Heath’s, I guess). The voice over by Mary Hart had not changed, however. She still spoke of the incriminating scene and still promo'd the full video tomorrow.

Yes, the still shot was just a taste. Tomorrow is Day 1 of the sweeps ratings period.

Gross. Totally gross.
And add to that some predictability:

”ET” and “The Insider” higher ups released this tonight:

"Out of respect for HEATH LEDGER's family, ‘Entertainment Tonight’ and ‘The Insider’ have decided not to run the Heath Ledger video which has been circulating in the world media,"

"Out of respect" — Oh my. How about, "in response to a letter of outrage, written by Heath's publicist, circulating the industry hotter and faster than nude Brangelina photos could, we have decided to duck and run here.” That would be refreshingly honest.

Here's an excerpt of that aforementioned letter by Heath's publicity firm and clearly in defense of those loved ones of Heath's still reeling from the loss:

”Tonight Entertainment Tonight/The Insider are previewing an extremely distasteful segment regarding Heath Ledger. The segment centers around a two-year old video ET purchased for a large sum of money in the hopes of stirring up a salacious and exploitive story about Heath, which would win them big ratings on the first day of sweeps. The two outlets did not even have the courtesy to wait until after Heath’s burial to broadcast this segment. They intend to air the full segment tomorrow.”

For the sake of his grieving family and friends, his child, and common decency, we hope to pressure “Entertainment Tonight” and “The Insider” to do the right thing and pull the spot. This is not journalism, it is sensationalism. It is a shameful exploitation of the lowest kind, to a talented and gentle soul, undeserving of such treatment.

Wow. I don't always leap to the side of publicists, because objectivity is sometimes an afterthought. They are hired to shape an image, but --

Heath Ledger's family has not even had the chance to bury their son. We know he had problems, but this kind of salacious opportunism is poisonous.

I struggle with every type of borderline exploitive material. I'm a constant pain to our Executive Producer as I worry too much that things go too far. Ask him.

I am shocked that Mary Hart would read this crap. I know her and she is a very nice lady, but its clear to me she's "checked out" of that place, basically taking whatever they put in her hand and reading it with the same excitable veneer you'd expect to hear at a 50's sock hop.

Mary gets paid a lot of money. She must have the clout to say 'no.' Their Executive producer used to run “Hard Copy.” She doesn't hit the brakes for anything. But Mary, you are the June Cleaver of entertainment news; this cannot be OK.

Let's see how long the outrage lasts.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 02/06/08 03:25 PM

The Medical Examiner concludes Heath died of an accidental drug overdose of prescription drugs.

Big surprise there.

The NYC medical examiner has finished the toxicology report following the death of Heath Ledger, and has just ruled that the actor's death was caused by acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine.

The NYPD found five different medications in Ledger's apartment after his death, including anti-anxiety medications Alprazolam (Xanax), Diazepam (Valium) and Lorazepam (Ativan). The sleeping medication Zopiclone (Lunesta) and the sedative Temazepam (Restoril) -- which is used by people with "debilitating insomnia" -- were also found.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 02/06/08 03:55 PM

That's what they call a garbage can special. What a shame. Still, for the family's sake you kind of wish it wasn't a matter of public record.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 02/06/08 03:57 PM

What moron prescribed this "cocktail" to him?

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 02/06/08 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
What moron prescribed this "cocktail" to him?

Most of the prescriptions were written in Europe. Not that it matters, it's not all that hard to get your hands on those types of pills in the street.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 02/06/08 04:06 PM

We've all learned from the Anna Nicole fiasco, and before her Elvis, doctor's seem to forget their oath when it comes to celebrities.

The way Heath traveled who could have received some pills in London, some in Australia and some in the U.S. Pharmacies here can barely keep track what the guy down the street is giving someone yet alone across the globe.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 02/06/08 04:43 PM

Well its not like anyone forced those pills down his throat. You can only blame the doctors for so much. No one has any business mixing all those drugs.

Frankly, I ashamed of him.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 02/06/08 04:46 PM

If he was truly suffering from depression and insomnia (and whatever else) how could you be ashamed of him for trying to take medication that will help him?

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 02/06/08 04:56 PM

None of the medications listed are for depression. Hydrocodone (Vicodin) and oxycodone (Percocet; Tylox) are both prescription pain killers, and strong ones at that. The rest were either for anxiety or insomnia. Common sense tells ANYBODY that mixing those drugs is stupid.

He's got a daughter who will never know her daddy because he decided he NEEDED this lethal cocktail of drugs.

Fuck him.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 02/06/08 05:03 PM

Anti anxiety pills are used to treat depression as well.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 02/06/08 05:11 PM

You're right, they can be used to treat depression. But my point is the same. Heath Ledger took it upon himself to put ALL those drugs into his body, knowing full well the possible (probable) outcome.

The man had a well documented drug problem. If he was depressed, he should have gotten help.

I know a thing or two about depression, having been through a serious bout of it myself.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 02/06/08 05:13 PM

Well then you should understand that depression is a [BadWord],as I've been battling it for some time now.You get so used to it,that you can't feel normal without being depressed(if that makes any sense).So yeas,he was an idiot for going over board,but i think he was going for the self medicating effect and quick fix.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 02/06/08 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
If he was truly suffering from depression and insomnia (and whatever else) how could you be ashamed of him for trying to take medication that will help him?

If he was depressed he should have been on a seratonin uptake inhibitor, and if he had insomnia, he could have had ambien or something of that ilk. The pain killers only would have made him more depressed.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 02/07/08 03:05 AM

Yep. Heath Ledger was evil!

If only the world were that simple.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? - 02/07/08 05:20 AM

It's obvious to see who here has never dealt with depression/anxiety and insomnia. It's easy to point a finger at someone who has something you don't and say "he should know better". Mental illness can be overpowering to the point where you will do anything to feel normal.

The world would be a better place if everyone were better educated about such things. Maybe Ledger has had a history with drugs but that would just make me feel sorry for him even more, not ashamed of him. If he had an addiction plus whatever other problems then it's ridiculous for anyone to say "he should have gotten help". Easier said than done.

I've suffered from insomnia most of my life as well as anxiety. It makes me want to cut my chest open and throw my heart against the wall some nights when I can't sleep and I'm feeling depressed to the point of an anxiety attack. And I'm pretty sure I don't suffer as bad as a lot of people out there including, probably, Heath Ledger.

I don't think it's fair to judge him because he died of a prescription drug overdose. Society is obsessed with how crazy Britney Spears has gone and they feel sorry for her, but when someone like Heath Ledger quietly dies of what might, in the end, be similar reasons people judge him.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET