Home

"Perfect" Movies

Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

"Perfect" Movies - 11/25/07 06:16 PM

What movies would you describe as being "perfect" in your eyes?

Over this Thanksgiving weekend, there was two of my favorites that I had rewatched again: Scorsese's GOODFELLAS and Spielberg's RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. Both I would consider to be "perfect," at least in my opinion.

What about you?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 11/25/07 06:23 PM

GOODFELLAS, CASABLANCA, THE GODFATHER, IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE, JAWS, RAGING BULL, SINGIN" IN THE RAIN, THE WILD BUNCH, among many others.

Basically, any film that doesn't have any awkward pauses, where you say to yourself, "where did two-and-a-half hours go?"
Posted By: chopper

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 11/25/07 06:27 PM

Young Guns

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 11/25/07 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: chopper
Young Guns

Drinking already, Chopper?

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 11/25/07 06:29 PM

When do i stop?
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 11/25/07 06:30 PM

Goodfella
Godfather 2
Casablanca
Wizard of OZ

My minds gone blank.

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 11/25/07 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO

My minds gone blank.

Drinking with Chopper?

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 11/25/07 06:31 PM

Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 11/25/07 07:12 PM

Alcohol will mess with your mind. Steer clear of the nasty stuff.

Yeah, I'm giving anti-drug lectures now.

I'm also ordering a t-shirt that reads "hypocrite" across the chest and "ironic" across the back.
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 11/25/07 08:53 PM

Goodfellas is a film that I think is perfect. Raiders of the Lost Ark is perfect.
Posted By: SC

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 11/25/07 09:03 PM

When thinking of a perfect movie, "Casablanca" immediately comes to mind. The script (storyline), dialogue and acting all are impeccable. Its nicely paced and photographed and it has Humphrey Bogart at his best! Add that all up and they equal "perfect".

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 11/25/07 09:06 PM

I had CASABLANCA. ;\)
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 11/25/07 09:19 PM

My candidate is "Laura" (1944). Short (88 minutes), twisty plot, great performances, memorable score, not one word of dialog wasted.

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 11/25/07 09:21 PM

Debbie Does Dallas???

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 11/25/07 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
My candidate is "Laura" (1944). Short (88 minutes), twisty plot, great performances, memorable score, not one word of dialog wasted.

You're killing me, TB. I love that film!

Vincent Price and Gene Tierney in their prime. Bravo!

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 11/25/07 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: chopper
Debbie Does Dallas???

Or how about Nightnurse from OFAH

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 11/25/07 09:39 PM

Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 11/27/07 05:46 AM

The Maltese Falcon (1941)
Apocalypse Now (1979)
The Third Man (1949)
Posted By: Longneck

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 11/27/07 04:43 PM

Gigli
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 12/10/07 01:36 AM

Godfather
Jaws
The Good The Bad & The Ugly
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 12/10/07 01:40 AM

I just saw Jaws on the big screen today. Fucking grubby as fuck print, though. I e-mailed the cinema the following:

Hello,
I don't know if anybody else e-mailed you about this (I very much doubt it, actually), but I felt I must e-mail, irregardless. The Jaws print you screened today was atrocoious. Not only was it grubby (which in itself might have been expected and, at the least, watchable), but it clipped several moments out. A frame here and there on an old print might go without being noticed, but the fact is that this print in particular missed out one of the film's most iconic moments, that in which Brody (Roy Scheider) is looking over his shoulder towards the camera and the shark points its head out of the water. It's a shocking moment in the film, and it was completely missed out.

Frankly, as a paid member of the cinema, I find this unacceptable. Showing the film is fine, but charging the same amount as a normal, decent print is abysmal and - if we're fans of Cinema as a medium here - criminal. I'm president of the film society at my university (UEA), and unless the standard of prints-price proportion improves, I will not hesitate in the future to discourage people from attending Cinema City. In short, I felt it was completely unjustified to screen Jaws at the same price as other films, considering the state it was in.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,
Michael

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 12/10/07 09:51 AM

Good for you capo, i hope you get a response.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 12/10/07 03:30 PM

I did. They've offered their sincerest apologies, saying that they were as disappointed and angry as me (they had no idea it was in this state), and offered me a free ticket to a future screening.

Can't complain. Though it worries me that that print is still in circulation, charging full price to see it too.

Re: "Perfect" Movies - 12/10/07 03:31 PM

Thats good to hear.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET