Home

The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition

Posted By: long_lost_corleone

The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/22/07 06:07 PM

For those unaware, Irish and I were discussing the new cover artwork for the Taxi Driver Special Edition DVD, over in the DVD Discussion thread. The cover looks like this:

Now, he and I both agree, the cover art isn't nearly as dazzling as expected. Firstly, there are no action shots, nudity, explosions, holograms, or otherwise. This must change. To take action, we've decided to contact Sony with a petition. I will be forwarding the following e-mail to Sony, along with a petition.

Quote:
To Sony & whomever it may concern,

Firstly, I am a huge fan of the film, "Taxi Driver". I would like to take this moment to thank you for allowing the public to enjoy the new, superior transfer of "Taxi Driver" and the included features.

Now to business. Myself, and several others, are gravely discontent with the new cover artwork included with the upcoming Special Edition release of the film. It's rather bland and unexciting. I mean, when I hear the words "Taxi Driver Special Edition DVD," that pretty much implies a moving, holographic Travis Bickle swooping down from the sky in his flying Taxi cab, grabbing a live chicken by the neck, and then beating a pimp over the head with it. Alright, so, expectations can't always be filled to their fullest, but I was at least hoping for some flames, some guns, some blood, or some full-frontal nudity from Jody Foster. What gives?

Further more, Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifa aren't even on the cover, let alone credited! I don't mean to tell you hard-working individuals how to do your job, but something must be changed. How do you expect to sell the product without even mentioning the two biggest stars of the film, not to mention some of the finest talent Hollywood has seen since William Shatner?

I've included with this letter a link to an online petition I've created; I certainly am not the only one who demands justice be done to the excellent film and DVD release. I just feel that this release, being something the fans have been waiting a life-time for, should be all it should be... A complete fan pleaser. We will not settle for second rate. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Kevin E. Cardinale

Help me serve DVD justice! Sign the petition, HERE!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/22/07 06:09 PM

That is a PATHETIC cover.

I signed, Junior.
Posted By: svsg

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/22/07 06:32 PM

Haha, I think I am in the minority here, but I absolutely love the menacing look of DeNiro as shown in the cover. I am not too sure if I like the color scheme, it could be improved. But the content is fine, IMHO.

LLC, did you send the publishers an email already?

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/22/07 06:35 PM

I'm going to wait until we have a few signatures.

I'd like to see how they respond to this, though.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/22/07 06:37 PM

"We demand explosions, we demand holographs, we demand guns, we demand tits! Big great, glorious tits!" Man, where do you get this stuff from? For the world's sake, I hope you become a screen writer when you're finished with school. I signed BTW. Please keep us posted with any updates!

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/22/07 06:39 PM

I think he's a wise and considerate young man.

And I'm a great man.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/22/07 06:42 PM

I think your wasting your time,i can't see them changing it cause a few people on here don't like it.I'll sign it anyway just to help out...

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/22/07 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
I think your wasting your time,i can't see them changing it cause a few people on here don't like it.I'll sign it anyway just to help out...

Don't worry, if worse comes to worse, I've purchased 120 industrial envelopes, a tub of anthrax, and arranged the mass-suicide bombing.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/22/07 06:47 PM

I think they will listen then...

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/22/07 06:48 PM

I'm a very influential personality.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/22/07 06:50 PM

Keep telling yourself that...
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/22/07 09:50 PM

I signed. Did you misspell "Taxi Drive..." on purpose?

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/22/07 10:25 PM

Do I look like a man who makes mistakes?

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/22/07 10:27 PM

Is that a trick question?
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/22/07 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
I've purchased 120 industrial envelopes, a tub of anthrax, and arranged the mass-suicide bombing.

Is that really a statement that you want Google to index in this day and age? \:p

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/23/07 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
I've purchased 120 industrial envelopes, a tub of anthrax, and arranged the mass-suicide bombing.

Is that really a statement that you want Google to index in this day and age? \:p

JUSTICE SHALL BE SERVED!

I'm not resting until we get at least a cover slip with a shirtless De Niro floating in space with the severed head of a wild boar fashioned into a puppet in one hand, and a clad-iron glove fit on the other.

And it's going to be 3D.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/23/07 03:50 AM

JUSTICE SHALL BE SERVED!

I'm not resting until we get at least a cover slip with a shirtless De Niro floating in space with the severed head of a wild boar fashioned into a puppet in one hand, and a clad-iron glove fit on the other.

And it's going to be 3D.

LLC, either be a screen writer or work for a DVD company so when I see the most bizarre DVD coverart, I know you had a hand in it

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/23/07 03:54 AM

Done and done!

I've got so many useless movie ideas floating around in my head that I just haven't got the money or resources to make currently... I don't know if you've caught a conversation in the other nights shout box with Blibble and I, but it was quite excellent.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/23/07 04:19 AM

No I didn't. Please, something from your mind would be a relief with all the sh*t Hollywood makes nowadays. I mean, THE GRUDGE 2, DUMB & DUMBERER, GIGLI (need I go on)?
Posted By: bogey

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/23/07 04:38 AM

I signed it.

Now they HAVE to change the art.

I think you should design your own cover art and send it in. You know it'd be amazing.
Posted By: Mr.MojoRisin

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/23/07 02:51 PM

I signed, what the heck.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 06/24/07 11:52 PM

Excellent, that makes eight signatures. I don't know how they can look at numbers like that and not gives us what we want.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 07/04/07 08:21 AM

Whatever happened to your forwarded email? Any response? Did your email even get forwarded?

I recently needed some more string for the green beans in my garden. I was at Walmart and I suddenly remembered this thread and thought I should write a letter to Walmart complaining about "...the lack of string variety in your stores. With Walmart being a store that has everything, I expect there to be an entire aisle of nothing but string!"

I'm still deciding whether or not to send a letter.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 07/04/07 05:18 PM

I would send it.

As for this thread, those sons of bitches at Sony are ignoring me. I'll wait a few more days, and if I'm not answering, I'm going to send them hysterical (in the literal meaning of the word) and threatening e-mails.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 07/05/07 04:35 PM

As I scanned down through the responses, my thoughts exactly. Knock, knock...this is your FBI calling......

LLC you are certainly entitled to artistic opinion, but the cover art you describe doesn't fit with the dark, psychodrama of Taxi Driver. I would have preferred the "you talkin' to me" posture myself. This film doesn't need flash and fluff. \:\/

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 07/05/07 05:31 PM

No, I think the film would benefit having a pack of dancing gnomes on the front.

A lot.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 07/05/07 05:44 PM

[bangs head against wall]

LLC, I love you, your avatar, your signature, your body, your cock, your cum, your feet, your bum, your fanny, your teeth, nose, eyes, pits, tits, nipples, zipples, cripples, blacks, yellows, spicks, pricks, crickets, golfs, baseballs, basketballs, bowling balls, footballs, rugby balls, pool balls, snooker balls, men's balls.

[/bangs head against wall]

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 07/05/07 05:53 PM

Give me a baby. Now.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 07/05/07 05:57 PM

You want one of those sodomized ones I sent you off-boards once?

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 07/05/07 06:04 PM

Yeah, just don't shove it into a manila envelope this time... It was all soaked in blood and falling apart by the time it got here. Be a man and use a box this time.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/05/07 01:38 AM

What's the latest with this LLC? It's almost been a month and the DVD comes out in 10 days.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/05/07 03:10 AM

Those bastards won't even dignify me with a response.

The numberous pieces of hate mail that I've sent since the original e-mail don't seem to be helping.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/05/07 04:47 AM

Are you still going to purchase it? I think you should and then turn around and sell your own custom made package for it instead

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/05/07 05:02 AM

Yeah, I don't think there was ever a point where I wasn't going to buy it. I just think it would've been funny if Sony actually dignified my e-mail with a response. It would've been even funnier if they thought I was serious.

It'll be a good release... I'll just have to paint my own art work and use it to sell bootlegged copies of the DVD on the street.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/05/07 06:08 AM

BTW, since I 'signed' your petition I've been receiving an insane amount of junk mail. Probably a coincidence... but then again. DANG YOU SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111!!!!!!!!111!!@#4365!~!!!!

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/05/07 06:09 AM

Hahahahahahahahaha

That's fucking great. Corporate America snubs me AND I infect my friends with spy-ware. Excellent.
Posted By: chopper

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/05/07 09:08 AM

Ive signed on llc think thats 14 now

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/05/07 03:50 PM

It'll be a good release... I'll just have to paint my own art work and use it to sell bootlegged copies of the DVD on the street.

Just let me know, I'd like LLC's custom made TAXI DRIVER artwork \:p

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/05/07 04:56 PM

There's going to be a dragon. With boobs.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/14/07 03:40 PM

LLC, I think you should send another e-mail complaining about the casing of the DVD itself. What a botched job they did! You have to continually try to slide it in that little slip and then the back page with the listing of the features is ready to fall off already!

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/14/07 03:41 PM

It's very disappointing.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/14/07 04:07 PM

You can say that again pizzaboy. They should have made it more along the lines of the RAGING BULL 2-disc Special Edition

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petiti - 08/14/07 04:23 PM

And the worst part is, Jodie Foster is clothed.

All I ask is that they try and publish more naked preteens.

I'm still waiting for them to re-release a few Dakota Fanning films as special editions.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/15/07 04:04 PM

Though I'd rather the case be like Raging Bull, I still like it a lot.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/15/07 06:20 PM

While LLC's vision of how the Taxi Driver cover art should have been is...interesting, I happen to dig the new casing.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/15/07 08:02 PM

Yes, but you also happen to be a horrible human being.

Absolutely terrible.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/16/07 12:15 AM

If by "horrible" and "terrible", you mean "awesome" and "too sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts", then I agree on both counts! \:p

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/16/07 12:58 AM

I could easily settle for the latter. Sex appeal is oozing left and right. \:p

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/16/07 12:58 AM

P.S. Guess where it's oozing from...

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 09/17/07 07:26 PM

I'm guessing you never received a response?

And I had such high hopes for this petition.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 09/17/07 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble

And I had such high hopes for this petition.

Higher than you had for Barry "9 wins" Zito? \:p

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 09/17/07 07:28 PM

I think we all had higher hopes than Zito's 9 wins. Off year, he'll bounce back in 2008
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/07/08 10:42 AM

I signed a year old petition... you know why? I would too, if you have an answer you can contact me at

Santino Brasi
1336 Fuck you st.
32909 Palm Bay, Florida

Work: (321)555-5555
Home: (321)555-5554
Cell: (321)555-6548

tongue

or you could PM me
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition - 08/08/08 03:46 AM

Better this cover than "Floating Heads"
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET