Home

Face-Off: THE COLA WARS

Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 04:38 AM

After DARK SIDE OF THE MOON tore down THE WALL, we must decide the victor of a long-standing debate that has torn families around the world apart for generations, with no clear end in sight.

This topic splits people into de-humanizing and quite simplified categories in America alone, and its not the war in Iraq, nor immigration, nor American Idol.

No, the question that seperates families is this: Are you a PEPSI or COKE family?

That's right, you have families and people that are quite loyal, fiercely at times, to their brand of cola soda pop, whatever it is the original COCA-COLA from Atlanta, Georgia or PEPSI-COLA from North Carolina?

Both corporations spend billions each year in trying to convert those on this polarizing issue, but the wars continue...until NOW.

Folks, Pepsi or Coke?
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 05:02 AM

Pepsi

Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 05:26 AM

I like both and don't find that much of a difference between taste. I think I'd lean towards Pepsi.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 12:44 PM

Pepsi tastes to watery and it fills you up after two sips...eh eh.

Coke all the way.
Posted By: gangstas moll

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 01:12 PM

ilike pepsi as it is sweeter but i love the coke
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 02:01 PM

Coke. By far and away, the *best* cola (unless of course you listen to the RC Cola ads from mid 20th century ). Besides, how can you not love coke with all its myths and legends, including its original medicinal values complete with cocaine?!?!

Hell, Cokelore has its own section on Snopes! Does Pepsi? No.

I mean, how can anyone drink something with Jeff Gordon as a spokesperson? :p
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 02:08 PM

I haven't had either one in so long that I really can't vote. My choice of soft drink is usually ginger ale, Sprite, or root beer.

This thread though, reminded me of a great episode of 'All In The Family', where Gloria didn't think Michael could tell the difference between Coke/Pepsi/Royal Crown cola's.
He agreed to be blindfolded and take the test...and sampled and correctly identified all three!!

I guess the idea was to convey that some people think all cola's are the same when clearly they are not!!

Apple

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
I haven't had either one in so long that I really can't vote. My choice of soft drink is usually ginger ale, Sprite, or root beer.
Ah, how I love Sprite. Is it just me, or have they tried to make it subtly sweeter since Sierra Mist came onto the scene?
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 03:01 PM

My family was a pepsi family until I came around, now we have a shitload of cokes in the refridgerator. My mom drinks Sprite, my dad drinks Dr. Pepper (he downs them like Forrest Gump, I swear he's addicted).
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 03:19 PM

I've never understood the debate. Either is fine mixed with vodka or SoCo and you can't tell the difference.

But I hardly drink pop on its own anyway so I'm not that qualified to say. What is it, 7 teaspoons equivalent of sugar in each tin?

Give me a green tea with lemon or orange anyday with just a dash of sugar.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 03:37 PM

Pepsi all the way baby. But I also really like Code Red and Dr. Pepper.

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 03:48 PM

Code Red...??? Must be a regional brand.

I went through a Dr. Pepper stage at around age 14-15...absolutely ADORED the stuff, couldn't get enough of it (I was also a very FAT teenager)!!!

Now, I'll have an occassional sip and although I prefer the edge it has over cola, it's not really a big deal anymore.

Turi Guiliano...I drink green tea all day at work. Start with a fresh cup in the morning, leave the bag in and add cold water throughout the day. Much more refreshing than ANY kind of soda...and it doesn't go flat between sips!!

Apple
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 03:57 PM

I thought they had Code Red all over. :rolleyes: It's a pepsi product.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
I thought they had Code Red all over. :rolleyes: It's a pepsi product.
It is. I've found it in both New York and Texas

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 04:18 PM

Apple, I'm a complete tea geek and that sounds excellent. I drink tons of the stuff. Regular fruity teas are just boring, refreshing but boring. Flavoured green teas make all the difference.

Ever try a Rooibos, or (translated as) Red Bush tea? Easily my favourite non caffeinated drink.

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 04:25 PM

Never heard of that but I'll look out for it. Usually with the green tea I get Bigelow's as it seems to have more flavor than others. Also when I'm in New York there's a French brand I like called of all things...'Four O'Clock'.

Ever tried Green Tea ice cream??

YUM ... !!

Apple

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 05:00 PM

I didn't even know there was a green tea ice cream.
Posted By: Blake

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 05:11 PM

Coke all the way.

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
I didn't even know there was a green tea ice cream.
It is served at Japanese restaurants. But it can also be purchased at certain stores (again, I've only seen it when in New York).

But at approximately $4.99 a pint ... I tend to save it for a treat dessert when dining out.

Apple
Posted By: svsg

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 06:19 PM

I have not had pepsi in a year, it has been only coke (regular,diet,zero,cherry, whatever) for a long time. I like all of them and cannot always differentiate among them by taste. caffiene was a must for me and was having 600ml of regular coke every day apart from large cups of espresso. Now I have completely stopped drinking coffee and coke.

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Code Red...??? Must be a regional brand.

http://www.codered.com/

They've got it here in upstate NY. Its a variation on Mountain Dew.

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/03/06 08:37 PM

Oh, ok...I think I may have seen that red Mountain Dew bottle, but never noticed the 'Code Red' name.

Apple
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/04/06 04:04 AM

Im not really a cola fan myself but I went with Pepsi.
Posted By: Omar Suarez

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/04/06 05:46 AM

Growing up in Atlanta, I was brought up on Coke.

But, it's not like I'm a Pepsi hater. I prefer Coke.
Posted By: Nice Guy Eddie

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/04/06 06:35 AM

Pepsi rules.....Coke tastes like crap.
Posted By: gangstas moll

Re: Face-Off: THE COLA WARS - 06/04/06 11:59 AM

i tell you what i do hate ,diet coke and diet pepsi ,its that odd not-sugar-really aftertaste that just stays with you.
and it really annoys me when barmen presumme cos im a girl i want the diet versions,screw that gimme fat coke all the way!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET