Home

Do you guys follow Lent on Fridays?

Posted By: RushStreet

Do you guys follow Lent on Fridays? - 03/01/24 07:15 PM

Who here strictly eats fish on Fridays during lent and who says fuck it and eats Meatballs on Fridays?

I never follow Lent to be honest. If I want sausage and peppers on a Friday I'll eat them.

BTW I am catholic but not strict when it comes to the foods I enjoy this time of year.

You got guys who have whacked someone but God Forbid they eat meat on Fridays. Makes me sort of SMH.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Do you guys follow Lent on Fridays? - 03/01/24 07:21 PM

Well I've never whacked anyone but I do abstain from meat on Friday's during Lent.
Posted By: Big_Tuna93

Re: Do you guys follow Lent on Fridays? - 03/01/24 07:26 PM

If I remember to, I'll follow it. But, I almost never remember.
Posted By: RushStreet

Re: Do you guys follow Lent on Fridays? - 03/01/24 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Big_Tuna93
If I remember to, I'll follow it. But, I almost never remember.

Today I had a chicken and pork taco for lunch. So tonight I'm headed to this great little family owned Italian restaurant and they have great grilled calamari there so I'll probably order that for an appetizer with a salad and some sausage and peppers. If I dont go with the calamari then baked clams instead.

Then get their Rigatoni with their homemade gravy and fresh bread that they prep for the dinner crowd. Its the owners Grandmothers recipe.

A little red wine to go with it and then some Tiramisu for dessert with some cappuccino.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Do you guys follow Lent on Fridays? - 03/01/24 09:31 PM

I was born and raised Catholic. I'm apostate now, but I still go to mass once in awhile, I do the stations of the cross during lent, attend Ash Wednesday and Easter mass.
Posted By: Big_Tuna93

Re: Do you guys follow Lent on Fridays? - 03/01/24 10:48 PM

If I don't make it to heaven, it ain't gonna be because I had meat on a Friday during Lent.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Do you guys follow Lent on Fridays? - 03/01/24 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by olivant
I was born and raised Catholic. I'm apostate now, but I still go to mass once in awhile, I do the stations of the cross during lent, attend Ash Wednesday and Easter mass.

I'm curious, if you're apostate now, why do you still go to mass every once in a while, stations, etc? Not trying to start a debate, just genuinely curious.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Do you guys follow Lent on Fridays? - 03/03/24 03:26 AM

It was also tradition in Holland !
Friday Fish Day and Wednesday Meat Day.

Wednesday was actually the day that people ate minced meat. And this all had to do with the butchers and their work rhythm.

Butchers received new animals every Monday. These were slaughtered at the same time on Monday and on Tuesday the most beautiful parts of the animal were removed. The well-known remains of the carcass were then processed into minced meat on Wednesday. The women at home stood in line (literally) for a fresh bowl of minced meat. But without a refrigerator in the house, the ground meat had to be consumed immediately. So Wednesday is Meat Day.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Do you guys follow Lent on Fridays? - 03/07/24 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Irishman12
Originally Posted by olivant

I'm curious, if you're apostate now, why do you still go to mass every once in a while, stations, etc? Not trying to start a debate, just genuinely curious.

I was born and raised Italian Catholic. Catholicism is deeply embedded in my as it was in my parents and is in my whole family. I was even an alter boy.

I'm comfortable with the homage I pay to my parents and their abiding faith by attending mass once in awhile. It's just part of me and it honors a faith that helped shape who I am.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET