Home

Best Philly Cheesesteak: Pat's vs Geno's?

Posted By: Irishman12

Best Philly Cheesesteak: Pat's vs Geno's? - 07/21/20 12:26 AM

Alright everyone, who's tried Pat's and Geno's? And for those who have, which is better? I've purchased my tickets to fly back home for the holidays and I have a rather lengthy layover in Philly both ways. So I'm planning on hitting up both while I'm in town but wanted to gauge the interest here to see who does it better? Sound off!
Posted By: Dob_Peppino

Re: Best Philly Cheesesteak: Pat's vs Geno's? - 07/21/20 12:48 AM

I would go with Pat's The KING of steaks. Its hard to vote against the Original. Both are the tourist attractions though, personally if you want to still hit one of the "Landmark" places, the best is Jim's on South Street. Thats the one
Posted By: Barracuda

Re: Best Philly Cheesesteak: Pat's vs Geno's? - 07/21/20 12:57 AM

Honestly I wouldn't recommend either both are tourist traps, overpriced and DEFINITELY not the best steak in Philly. Philip's Steaks and Johns Roast Pork are my two recommendations. But multiple people have told me Angelo's pizza may now be the new king of cheesesteaks in Philly(the pizza is the best I've ever had.) but have yet to try it to be able to claim that. Also a few neighborhood joints not as well know like Barrel's and Pizza Shack make damn good Cheeseteaks if you wanna get a real feel for South Philly.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Best Philly Cheesesteak: Pat's vs Geno's? - 07/21/20 01:18 AM

I've heard of Johns Roast Pork Barracuda think I may have also heard of Jim's DP. Both are better than Pat's and Geno's?
Posted By: Dob_Peppino

Re: Best Philly Cheesesteak: Pat's vs Geno's? - 07/21/20 03:28 AM

John's Roast Pork is good for pork sandwich but never had their steak. In my opinion, Jim's way better then Pat and Geno.
Posted By: eastsideofvan

Re: Best Philly Cheesesteak: Pat's vs Geno's? - 07/18/23 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Barracuda
Honestly I wouldn't recommend either both are tourist traps, overpriced and DEFINITELY not the best steak in Philly. Philip's Steaks and Johns Roast Pork are my two recommendations. But multiple people have told me Angelo's pizza may now be the new king of cheesesteaks in Philly(the pizza is the best I've ever had.) but have yet to try it to be able to claim that. Also a few neighborhood joints not as well know like Barrel's and Pizza Shack make damn good Cheeseteaks if you wanna get a real feel for South Philly.

While my gut didn't thank me for it, I spent a couple days in Philly a few years ago and made a point of eating Cheesesteaks every chance I got - my vote is with Philip's, too! Did not however try Angelo's Pizza.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Best Philly Cheesesteak: Pat's vs Geno's? - 07/20/23 02:48 AM

I logged in after surfing this site 4 an hour..when I came 2 this thread..and as a philly resident...Barracuda took my would be post right out of my mouth...as 4 Jims..they mince the meat 2 almost a puree..not 4 me .....GO 2 JOHNS!.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET