Home

If you have to go to a chain Italian restaurant...

Posted By: Mr. Blonde

If you have to go to a chain Italian restaurant... - 12/01/16 10:59 PM

...which one do you choose?

My top choice is Carraba's. Pretty diverse menu and food is not bad with a good atmosphere. Probably wouldn't make my top 5 locally but will do when with someone who wants to go "safe" (like the people who go to France and eat at McDonald's).
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: If you have to go to a chain Italian restaurant... - 12/02/16 12:50 AM

On the West Coast I guess it would be Olive Garden or Maggianos. Maybe AG can think of other chain Italian restaurants.
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: If you have to go to a chain Italian restaurant... - 12/03/16 04:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Faithful1
On the West Coast I guess it would be Olive Garden or Maggianos. Maybe AG can think of other chain Italian restaurants.

Maggiano's is alright. Forget about Olive Garden lol panic The best chain restaurant here in California would have to be Filippi's. Good food. Good pizza. Sauce/gravy tastes authentic. They are down in the Escondido, San Diego area and I'm pretty sure there are a couple up north. We eat at the one in San Diego's Little Italy.

A lot of east coast transplants including myself like Panera. It's not an Italian restaurant but it is a good place to get a sandwich on decent tasting bread.
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: If you have to go to a chain Italian restaurant... - 12/03/16 04:43 AM

AG,

I knew you'd come up with something better than Olive Garden smile

Never heard of Filippi's, but next time I go down to SD I'll check them out. Went down to SD to a Neapolitan restaurant for Timpano (Timballo) after watching the move The Big Night, but it went out of business several years ago. Great dish though.
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: If you have to go to a chain Italian restaurant... - 12/03/16 05:13 AM

Make a reservation for Filippi's. It is always busy. And bring your appetite. smile
Posted By: olivant

Re: If you have to go to a chain Italian restaurant... - 03/15/17 07:20 PM

I went to Beppo's in Dallas this weekend. I ate the eggplant; pretty good.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: If you have to go to a chain Italian restaurant... - 03/17/17 02:57 AM

We tried Carrabba's in Naples, FL, which was pretty decent. Veal scaloppini wasn't top quality, but not bad. Service was good. Also tried Beppo in several cities. Big portions, fairly decent food.
Posted By: olivant

Re: If you have to go to a chain Italian restaurant... - 03/17/17 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
We tried Carrabba's in Naples, FL, which was pretty decent. Veal scaloppini wasn't top quality, but not bad. Service was good. Also tried Beppo in several cities. Big portions, fairly decent food.

My eggplant portion was huge!

Re: If you have to go to a chain Italian restaurant... - 03/29/17 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
Originally Posted By: Turnbull

My eggplant portion was huge!

Beppo will do in a pinch. I always stick to the baked pastas there with a chicken accompanying. Prefer Carrabba's as their stuff has more character. Can't speak for the veal though.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: If you have to go to a chain Italian restaurant... - 04/09/17 07:41 AM

Carrabbas. I go to the one in Huntsville every second Saturday.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: If you have to go to a chain Italian restaurant... - 04/19/17 10:07 AM

How many places do you have to own to be considered a chain. How about three places can you consider that a chain?

Re: If you have to go to a chain Italian restaurant... - 04/19/17 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Footreads
How many places do you have to own to be considered a chain. How about three places can you consider that a chain?

I think of chains as nationwide, or at least multistate. There are some restaurants here that have multiple franchises but all are within the state, so I don't consider them chains per se. Eye of the beholder and all, though.
Posted By: Raven

Re: If you have to go to a chain Italian restaurant... - 04/21/17 07:35 PM

Have you guys ever heard of a sub chain called DiBella's? They're sandwiches are amazing, hands down the best italian sub I have ever had.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: If you have to go to a chain Italian restaurant... - 06/05/17 07:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Raven
Have you guys ever heard of a sub chain called DiBella's? They're sandwiches are amazing, hands down the best italian sub I have ever had.

Yes, I had the Godfather in Rochester, N.Y., the best sub to have, the Uncle Louie in Buffalo, N.Y., and the last time I was at one of their stores was right outside Cincinnati, O.H, where I just customized my sub. I would not say they are the best Italian sub I ever had, but when talking about chains, if there is one nearby yes I would go there first.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET